Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

STS this morning, I'll take that considering how far off the wagon I last week!!!

Hoping for a good day 2day, but TOTM startd this morn and I'm already craving chocolate....dam hormones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey everyone! Iv literally spent 4 hrs this evening catching up on the thread (it's night time in Melbourne :-D) even read them walking home from zumba! I'm a long time member of ww well first time was 2006 but first tine seriously was 08/09 I lost 4 stone in 11 months! In feb 10 I moved to London an hear begins the slow creep of weight gain! Iv put bk on half of what I lost which I'm glad wasn't more and since middle of 2011 iv battled diff ways t shift the remainder! But 2012 is it jus moved to Oz on WHV for the yr lovin it settled cooking for myself joined the gym so no excuses! Got a food plan off a trainer and it's basically ww just less exciting so I'm goin back to propoints and sticking to it! :)

Sorry for the major rant but Ive been sick of trying to get back to where I was I just want to be at a normal weight for my own self (11st is where I felt most comfy) with a bit more toning perhaps!

Anyways sorry again for long post seen as ww is very expensive here $22 a week!! I'm going it alone.. With your help! ;-)

Any recipes/ good pp foods/ advice always appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Shell x

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Down 2lb! Yay! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hey everyone! Iv literally spent 4 hrs this evening catching up on the thread (it's night time in Melbourne :-D) even read them walking home from zumba! I'm a long time member of ww well first time was 2006 but first tine seriously was 08/09 I lost 4 stone in 11 months! In feb 10 I moved to London an hear begins the slow creep of weight gain! Iv put bk on half of what I lost which I'm glad wasn't more and since middle of 2011 iv battled diff ways t shift the remainder! But 2012 is it jus moved to Oz on WHV for the yr lovin it settled cooking for myself joined the gym so no excuses! Got a food plan off a trainer and it's basically ww just less exciting so I'm goin back to propoints and sticking to it! :)

Sorry for the major rant but Ive been sick of trying to get back to where I was I just want to be at a normal weight for my own self (11st is where I felt most comfy) with a bit more toning perhaps!

Anyways sorry again for long post seen as ww is very expensive here $22 a week!! I'm going it alone.. With your help! ;-)

Any recipes/ good pp foods/ advice always appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Shell x

I went it alone when I was in Australia as well, very expensive but I registered for the emails from the website great ones this week on salads and got the magazines which were brilliant and managed to do ok, I think I would of done better if I had this thread back then as well LOL good luck and enjoy the year out, at least its easier to get out with all the great places for walking and swimming we were always out doing something when I was there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

dammitj wrote: »
    The WW frozen dinners are €1.50 in Dunnes at the mo so I stocked up last night.
    I don't think they are a great idea to depend on, but having a few in the freezer is handy for evenings that you don't have time to cook and point - especially when running out to the gym!

I quite like the shepherd's pie and bulk it up with lots of veg - corn on the cob and broccoli in particular - yum. :D

I'm not a huge fan of the dinners either, I think they have too much salt, but I often find a WW curry an absolute godsend on WI night. I used to go to the shop after WI or sometimes got a takeaway, and was adamant this year that that's not going to happen - so for 11pp, a WW tikka meal feels naughty and tastes nice! Will pick up a few for the freezer, cheers for the heads up!
    Danii86 wrote: »
    STS this morning, I'll take that considering how far off the wagon I last week!!!

Hoping for a good day 2day, but TOTM startd this morn and I'm already craving chocolate....dam hormones!!

Aldi do lovely light hot chocolate for 1pp per sachet, and pop a curly wurly (3pp) in the freezer, lasts far longer and tastes yum :)

Lads, had this for lunch yesterday - 2pp for EVERYTHING in the picture. Massive :) The Kids Pittas are by Country Kitchen and are 2pp each, around €1.40 for a pack of 5 in Super Valu.

WW2ppLunch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

ShindyB wrote: »

Well done!!! my WI tonight... DREADING it.... i have been working hard but really worried about being up.... feel yucky!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ShindyB wrote: »

Well done! Thats brilliant :)

I had a lovely lunch for 7 pp using a WW meal, I agree they are ok if your stuck, but not for use all the time . It was yummy though had chicken with wedges and a lovely salad on the side fruit after

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Togglies

Hi All, I was down 3lbs on my first week after going back to WW after a few months off - delighted to be back on track and Im feeling alot better.
    On another note, Ive 2 chicken breasts in the fridge and I want to make something nice with them for myself and himself tonight, has anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking about doing something with light philidelphia.

Togglies wrote: »
    Hi All, I was down 3lbs on my first week after going back to WW after a few months off - delighted to be back on track and Im feeling alot better.
    On another note, Ive 2 chicken breasts in the fridge and I want to make something nice with them for myself and himself tonight, has anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking about doing something with light philidelphia.

With chicken and philidelphia you can make stuffed chicken breasts. Mix the philidelphia with herbs and garlic and season and the stuff it into a hole cut in the side of the breast - then you can wrap it in parma or serrano ham (optional, can wrap in tin foil or parchment if not doing this to keep the philli in) and roast it in the oven on a medium heat. There are loads of variations of this in all the different WW cook books and its delicious!

Oh and congrats on the loss, good work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Togglies wrote: »

Check out the Philadelphia website. LOADS of yummy recipes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Anyone watch the biggest loser last night?

Imagine doing that much and only losing 1lb! Id cry a good week on ww would shift that with out the excessive training.

Operation transformation tonight... think I'm addicted to anything got to do with weight loss except excersise!

Anyone watch the biggest loser last night?

Imagine doing that much and only losing 1lb! Id cry a good week on ww would shift that with out the excessive training.

Operation transformation tonight... think I'm addicted to anything got to do with weight loss except exercise!

I missed the biggest loser, what station is it on!! I cant wait for operation transformation tonight.

I was watching fat fighters on 4od yesterday! any one see it what do you think! my first impression was, I would be fairly intimadted walking in to that gym!

They were showing examples of what most people who come for a program eat daily or weekly and it was mostly crap, then when they showed what they should be eating I was delighted as its what I would eat and love eating now :)

Baby75 wrote: »
    I missed the biggest loser, what station is it on!! I cant wait for operation transformation tonight.

TV3 Tuesdays at 9pm There is a couple from Limerick on it and a guy from Dublin was on it but he was voted off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Hey Guys

I have been trying to healthier and make my own meals as I have been relying too much on the WW microwave meals (they are so yummy and low in points!).

I am making soups with a load of veg that are all zero points but I have also included 4 points worth of parsnips. How will I calculate how much that is per serving? It's going to be hard to calculate the weight of my soup inside the pot..

Forgive my ignorance when it comes to cooking.. I am only learning!! This is my first time ever making home-made soup.

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Am looking for some soup recipes myself, to change it up a bit. I usually make butternut squach soup or broccolli. Came across this site. I think it uses old points, but still good for ideas.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/recipes/index.html

Congrats to all on your weight losses! I'm channelling your positive mental attitude for my WI tomorrow. I stayed within my points, literally to the point! But wasn't great on exercise, so I guess what will be will be :-)

I'm still addicted to the butternut squash at the moment.... am going for a roasted tomato and red pepper soup tomorrow....

Don't know if any of ya seen it, but Aldi are doing 2 Avocados for 49c (or 45c... not sure) but considering they were 1 something each in Tesco for a small one, I thought it was a steal... going to make some guacamole this evening... I'm really gettin into this cooking buzz!!! :D

Count down is on to WI.... 4 hours 25mins and counting! :D

Did an hour on Wii fit this morning, so hoping it will show on the scales... I have been soooo good...

Good luck to anyone else getting WI today and tomorrow....

Just moved my goal back 4lb to be in a healthy BMI had it at 26 with out known that was still classed as over weight. Somehow I think 10st 10lb might be a bit to thin for me though we will see as it gets closer I have a lot of people saying I'm getting to thin now (12st 2lb and 5ft 5in) but I guess they are just people used to seeing me as chubby I don't know what to ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Just moved my goal back 4lb to be in a healthy BMI had it at 26 with out known that was still classed as over weight. Somehow I think 10st 10lb might be a bit to thin for me though we will see as it gets closer I have a lot of people saying I'm getting to thin now (12st 2lb and 5ft 5in) but I guess they are just people used to seeing me as chubby I don't know what to ye think?

I think people just get used to seeing you a certain way to be honest - I was told I was "half the woman I was last year" - hardly, I just went from over 16 stone to over 14stone. Once your BMI is good, and you feel happy and healthy at a certain weight, don't pass any remarks on other people. Go with what feels best for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Togglies

With chicken and philidelphia you can make stuffed chicken breasts. Mix the philidelphia with herbs and garlic and season and the stuff it into a hole cut in the side of the breast - then you can wrap it in parma or serrano ham (optional, can wrap in tin foil or parchment if not doing this to keep the philli in) and roast it in the oven on a medium heat. There are loads of variations of this in all the different WW cook books and its delicious!

Oh and congrats on the loss, good work :)
    Monife wrote: »
    Check out the Philadelphia website. LOADS of yummy recipes :)

That sounds lovely - will give it a try this evening and load up on the veggies :)
    I cant access the phili page here but will have a good goo on my laptop this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Well got weighed last night - back to the grindstone for me for the week

weight.png

ali85 wrote: »
    I'm still addicted to the butternut squash at the moment.... am going for a roasted tomato and red pepper soup tomorrow....

Don't know if any of ya seen it, but Aldi are doing 2 Avocados for 49c (or 45c... not sure) but considering they were 1 something each in Tesco for a small one, I thought it was a steal... going to make some guacamole this evening... I'm really gettin into this cooking buzz!!! :D

Count down is on to WI.... 4 hours 25mins and counting! :D

Did an hour on Wii fit this morning, so hoping it will show on the scales... I have been soooo good...

Good luck to anyone else getting WI today and tomorrow....

Ooooooh!... I was looking at a programme yest that was serving guacamole & tortilla chips & have been thinking about it ever since, but had written something like that off beacuse of the points!

So do tell! How are you making yours and do you have the points value?!

YUM ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down 1.5lbs at WI this morning :D This is where I always plateau so hopefully I can keep the losses up! Well done to everyone else with losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Das Kitty wrote: »
    *Guilty Confession time*

I do no exercise. Sure I dance around the kitchen after the baby and walk around work but I don't do anything else. I really hate exercise. 22lb gone though *shrugs*

I confess!! I'm the same... On my feet all day in work, running around after kids when not there.... And I'm down 1 st 3 pounds.... On the very odd day, twice in the last 4 months, I will tag along with mam to the gym and do an hour!!
    Fingers crossed, it's working for me!

Just wondering how people find the classes they offer in gyms. Want to do boxfit tonight and I was hoping my sister would go with me but she cant. Am a bit nervous bout going on my own esp since I think its something you have to partner up for! Have no problem being in the gym on my own but dont want to be the odd one out in a class!

• Advertisement

I say go with whatever you feel comfortable with yourself too Lisa. I'm 5ft 5" and I'm looking to get down to 9 or 9 and a half from 12st. I've been that before and was definitely not too skinny, was still a size 12 actually. Go with watever you think yourself, coz no one knows you better than you. I have a friend, even now when I've only just started WW is saying, why are you doing WW well make sure you don't loose too much now, as if she's a concerned citizen. But I tell ye she's a size 6-8 and I'm a 14, so eh yeah don't be patronising me. But I know she has a weight issue and keeps herself especially small, so I think it would just make her feel better to see me stay bigger. Well I'm sorry, but that ain't gonna happen ha ha :D

Just wondering how people find the classes they offer in gyms. Want to do boxfit tonight and I was hoping my sister would go with me but she cant. Am a bit nervous bout going on my own esp since I think its something you have to partner up for! Have no problem being in the gym on my own but dont want to be the odd one out in a class!

Is that one of those Just Classes ones?

I'm a little shorter than you lisa, 5ft4 and I am 12st 2.5.... (you're beatin me by 1/2 a pound ya wagon!!! :P ) and my BMI is 27.8 (according to the Wii fit anyway...) I have the same problem.... some people saying i am mad to be doing WW but i just dont feel healthy. I have really skinny legs... but I carry my weight around my middle, I'm just not happy with it... i feel like i look like a mr. man.... :D

its your own personal feelings on your weight.... people will just have to get used to looking at the new skinny you!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I always go to the classes on my own, vwry rarely asked to partner up at them, at the classes i go to most people are there alone:)

I say go with whatever you feel comfortable with yourself too Lisa. I'm 5ft 5" and I'm looking to get down to 9 or 9 and a half from 12st. I've been that before and was definitely not too skinny, was still a size 12 actually. Go with watever you think yourself, coz no one knows you better than you. I have a friend, even now when I've only just started WW is saying, why are you doing WW well make sure you don't loose too much now, as if she's a concerned citizen. But I tell ye she's a size 6-8 and I'm a 14, so eh yeah don't be patronising me. But I know she has a weight issue and keeps herself especially small, so I think it would just make her feel better to see me stay bigger. Well I'm sorry, but that ain't gonna happen ha ha :D

Totally agree with you BaileyPants.... sometimes I get the impression some people want to keep their "chubby friend" to make themselves feel better. Like you say... that's their issue not yours!

• Advertisement

Is that one of those Just Classes ones?

No they are classes offered in teh gym I'm in - Crunch Fitness

newbee22 wrote: »
    I always go to the classes on my own, vwry rarely asked to partner up at them, at the classes i go to most people are there alone:)

Thanks, think i will give it a try tonight and see how I get one :-)

Thanks, think i will give it a try tonight and see how I get one :-)

Ah yeah, sure go and see how you get on. I went to a boxerfit on my own before and we had to pair up because one person puts on the gloves and the other holds the pads that you hit. So you might be doing that for a bit of the class ;)

Totally agree with you BaileyPants.... sometimes I get the impression some people want to keep their "chubby friend" to make themselves feel better. Like you say... that's their issue not yours!

I can't believe you just called me chubby Ali ?!?!!!

Pah ha ha ha - only joking! Ah.... sure I crack myself up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi there! Abs delighted I found this thread.. Slowly but surely reading my way through each post!
    Decided to introduce myself as I think support (however anonymous it may be :p)
    Recently my Dad became very ill and it is very important for him to regain the weight he lost and because of that our house is filled to the brim with high fat, calorific and high fat foods which provide HUGE temptation for me!
    Thankfully the nearest WW meeting turned out to be very near my house so I have no excuse but to go!
    I abs LOVE the new pro points system, shocked at the increase in the points values of foods high in protein but it's working well for me!
    Down 1.5 on my first weigh in which I am deelighted with! Scrimped on the exercise and had a family meal the night before the weigh in! This week I plan to get out walking every evening! Partaking in a water aerobics class tomorrow night which I'm really looking forward to!
    I wish you all the very best of luck and I'm really looking forward to giving and receiving hints and tips, and the odd recipe here and there :cool:

I can't believe you just called me chubby Ali ?!?!!!

Pah ha ha ha - only joking! Ah.... sure I crack myself up! :D

Haha!

Its mad how people think though isn't it??? One of my friends has lost a lot of weight.... she is a size 8 now... fair play to her, but myself and my other friend would be on the chubbier side of a size 8.... and she can't believe that we are doing WW.... She thinks we are mad, but its definitely easy for her to say it.

I just feel like I want to be slimmer, for me, not for anyone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the OH will be delighted with a size 10 missus on his arm, but he just wants me to do it for me, coz he knows I'm not happy as I am.

Its all to do with your own mind frame, if you are happy as you are, so be it, if not surely its better to be doing something about it....

Haha!

Its mad how people think though isn't it??? One of my friends has lost a lot of weight.... she is a size 8 now... fair play to her, but myself and my other friend would be on the chubbier side of a size 8.... and she can't believe that we are doing WW.... She thinks we are mad, but its definitely easy for her to say it.

I just feel like I want to be slimmer, for me, not for anyone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the OH will be delighted with a size 10 missus on his arm, but he just wants me to do it for me, coz he knows I'm not happy as I am.

Its all to do with your own mind frame, if you are happy as you are, so be it, if not surely its better to be doing something about it....

Here here !! :D

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi there! Abs delighted I found this thread.. Slowly but surely reading my way through each post!
    Recently my Dad became very ill and it is very important for him to regain the weight he lost and because of that our house is filled to the brim with high fat, calorific and high fat foods which provide HUGE temptation for me!
    Thankfully the nearest WW meeting turned out to be very near my house so I have no excuse but to go!
    I abs LOVE the new pro points system, shocked at the increase in the points values of foods high in protein but it's working well for me!
    Down 1.5 on my first weigh in which I am deelighted with! Scrimped on the exercise and had a family meal the night before the weigh in! This week I plan to get out walking every evening! Partaking in a water aerobics class tomorrow night which I'm really looking forward to!
    I wish you all the very best of luck and I'm really looking forward to giving and receiving hints and tips, and the odd recipe here and there :cool:

Welcome, and congrats on your weight loss! May there be many more to come! :D

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

I totally understand where you are coming from.... the temptation is the biggest hurdle...

I am back living at home with my mam, stepdad and sister along with my OH and little one.... its a nightmare when dinner time comes around or tea time... or breakfast time.. haha! I am trying to convert them to cooking things that don't come covered in butter or straight out of a deep fat fryer or comes in a bag with a receipt attached to it.... Slowly but surely they are coming around but still the pizzas and chips are sooooo tempting, as well as the chocolate that is forever in the fridge....

Just take it one week at a time... work from one WI to another.... you are doing great...

I'm a little shorter than you lisa, 5ft4 and I am 12st 2.5.... (you're beatin me by 1/2 a pound ya wagon!!! :P ) and my BMI is 27.8 (according to the Wii fit anyway...) I have the same problem.... some people saying i am mad to be doing WW but i just dont feel healthy. I have really skinny legs... but I carry my weight around my middle, I'm just not happy with it... i feel like i look like a mr. man.... :D

its your own personal feelings on your weight.... people will just have to get used to looking at the new skinny you!!!! :D
    Lucky u stArtin this weight!! I started at 13st 11lb so Love this 12stone bracket but want to lose more for the same reasons to be healthy and happy.

It's weird to think that friends sometimes are not as supportive as they should be when it comes to weight loss it drives me mad when people get annoyed when I point stuff! It's my body and I want to make sure I know what I am putting into it!! Least we all have each other for support this thread wS dieng before Christmas full of life again now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Im also 5'5" and hoping to get down 2 9n half/9! The lowest iv ever gotten over my various WW attempts is 11.....iv yet 2 break into the 10s!!! I can def say that@ 11 i was no where near 2skinny!!! Definatly could get to under 10 and stil not look too skinny i reckon!!!
    On the subject of people wanting "chubby friends"....i have friends that are much heavier than me and a few that would be a little thinner than me but in no way would any of us begrudge any1 of us losing weight, any real friend should be happy for you making a choice to lose weight and be healthier!!!

Lucky u stArtin this weight!! I started at 13st 11lb so Love this 12stone bracket but want to lose more for the same reasons to be healthy and happy.

It's weird to think that friends sometimes are not as supportive as they should be when it comes to weight loss it drives me mad when people get annoyed when I point stuff! It's my body and I want to make sure I know what I am putting into it!! Least we all have each other for support this thread wS dieng before Christmas full of life again now!!

This is my 4th go at WW.... the first time I joined I was 14st 9lbs... I was so happy to go from the 14s down into the 13s.... then to the 12s then I lost momentum and left... got back in @ 13st 4 got to 12st 1lb came back at 12st 9 and left again at 10st 13lbs... I was a disaster... started again this time at 12st 6.5.... having a bogey week so hopefully I will at least STS....

Its just nuts that people can't be proud of you for taking your life in your hands and doing something good for yourself. Its such hard work. I am lucky, for the most part my friends and family are really supportive, loving this thread though... it just feels good when you know people are feeling the same as you, whether its good or bad. I would be lost without all you girls... (and the few lads...) I really would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

God, it's so weird to hear people saying their starting weight is in the 13s! That's my goal weight :D But then I am six foot tall....

This is my 4th go at WW.... the first time I joined I was 14st 9lbs... I was so happy to go from the 14s down into the 13s.... then to the 12s then I lost momentum and left... got back in @ 13st 4 got to 12st 1lb came back at 12st 9 and left again at 10st 13lbs... I was a disaster... started again this time at 12st 6.5.... having a bogey week so hopefully I will at least STS....

Its just nuts that people can't be proud of you for taking your life in your hands and doing something good for yourself. Its such hard work. I am lucky, for the most part my friends and family are really supportive, loving this thread though... it just feels good when you know people are feeling the same as you, whether its good or bad. I would be lost without all you girls... (and the few lads...) I really would.

Sorry for assuming u were just starting out. Since we have similar stats we should be able to help each other out! My Sid is around the same to I find it keeps us on track when we text each other our wi result each week also why I love this thread everyone in same boat!

lizt wrote: »
    God, it's so weird to hear people saying their starting weight is in the 13s! That's my goal weight :D But then I am six foot tall....

Do you think it would be easier for me to grow a few inches than lose a few pounds lol :) how are you getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Do you think it would be easier for me to grow a few inches than lose a few pounds lol :) how are you getting on?

Not doing too badly, been good so far this week, still not showing up on the scales though. Still raging over that gain yesterday :mad::(

well folks... here goes.... Just about to head up to WI....

Not looking forward to it at all....

:(

Oh well!!!

Best get it over with....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Take absolutely no heed of the begrudgers! I was told I was too skinny when I wasn't - I was actually 4 pounds above the original goal WW had suggested for me. Don't mind them, in one out the other! They're just jealous!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hi everyone been a while since i been on here... had my first wi tuesday after all the damage at xmas but in ready to get back into it and this week was down 3.5lbs :D... so determinted to keep it up now...
    best of luck to everyone who has wi this week and let us no how u get on
    im doing ww at home myself so this form is my lifeline:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

'nother pound down. :)

I think I might try on my wedding dress at the weekend. My hen-night dress fits and I think I was lighter then than I was on my wedding day.

There's a girl in my class who's lost nearly 11 stone and age has 9lb to go. I have 6.5. So I've set myself a private goal to get there on the same week as her or before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement