Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Baby75 wrote: »
    BBQ every were you go!

mmmmm BBQ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    Thats really good... Im a wagon for not eating breakfast before i leave the house, so I have mine at 11... I tend to eat lots of small value things so I really fill myself up at breakfast/lunchtime.... Then I usually have a fair few for dinner and evening snacks. My evening snack is usually a boiled egg and one slice of toast... its great for just 5 or 6 points.... :D

Have you noticed much difference yet??? You have lost around the same as me and you are around the same height and that??? Are you noticing your clothes yet???

Hiya! Defo noticed in my clothes. I'm a 14 and some things were getting a bit too snug which was the turning point, I did not want to go up another size. So they're back to fitting comfortably now, no fear of something busting haha. Am trying to think what the measurements were coz their at home, I think it's 2 inches off the waist, and 1 off the thigh at the moment ;)

So if you have breakfast at 11am, then lunch at whatever time, what time do you have your dinner, and then what time is your snack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

mmmmm BBQ :P

I know Nom,Nom lol you know I still love them and it never effected my weight loss :)

Hiya! Defo noticed in my clothes. I'm a 14 and some things were getting a bit too snug which was the turning point, I did not want to go up another size. So they're back to fitting comfortably now, no fear of something busting haha. Am trying to think what the measurements were coz their at home, I think it's 2 inches off the waist, and 1 off the thigh at the moment ;)

I have noticed it in my jeans. I have a pair of "skinny" jeans that I bought in Penneys in December. Like you, size 14... If have started to find them a bit loose around the leg and the behind area!! My main body problem all along has been the fact that I actually have quite slim legs anyway (Yaaaaay) but it was my muffin top and the rest of me that meant if i wore skinny jeans they tended to look too loose on the thigh. My aim is to be wearing at least a size 12 for my friends hens in May....

I know Nom,Nom lol you know I still love them and it never effected my weight loss :)

Its the lovely burgers, all that bun.... ooooh jeepers if I keep this up I am going to roll straight off the wagon and face first into the BBQ chicken burgers that are on in my canteen today! haha! :P

Was naughty this morning and had a bit of white pudding and a hash brown... but no sausage, no egg and only ONE slice of brown bread.... I know its naughty but I am still celebrating my SS... and i earned 5 activity points last night... Look at me justifying!!! hahaha!!! Its cereal for the rest of the week!!!! :D

I have noticed it in my jeans. I have a pair of "skinny" jeans that I bought in Penneys in December. Like you, size 14... If have started to find them a bit loose around the leg and the behind area!! My main body problem all along has been the fact that I actually have quite slim legs anyway (Yaaaaay) but it was my muffin top and the rest of me that meant if i wore skinny jeans they tended to look too loose on the thigh. My aim is to be wearing at least a size 12 for my friends hens in May....

How much, do you know, do you have to loose to go down a size?! :confused:

10 pounds is a dress size :)

ali85 if its not covered in crumbs and grilled not fried on a bap that probably would not be to bad at all! loads of yummy salad,fruit sorted!
    OMG I'm starving now lol

oooh I think I have some nice bbq recipes! must get them ready for summer and camping!

oh has any one seen the ww sausages they are no were any more!

ali85 if its not covered in crumbs and grilled not fried on a bap that probably would not be to bad at all! loads of yummy salad,fruit sorted!
    OMG I'm starving now lol

oooh I think I have some nice bbq recipes! must get them ready for summer and camping!

Oh I think I'll have to loose more than that to go down a dress size unfortunatley haha ;)

I don't know about WW sausages, but Aldi skinless sausages are 2pp per sausage :D

OMG I'm starving now lol

Me too.... I have lunch in about 15 mins.... have a wrap with low low cheese, ham and loadsa salad... Am starving for carbs! hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I know ye will think I'm obsessed but I got 2 PMs looking for the mini magnum things so here is a pic to help ye find them lols!!

Going to have a good weekend staying within points although we are going to KFC and Bowling on Saturday night.

KFC have all the nutritional values up on there web site so I can PP before I go! Going to have a Zinger Salad (8pp) and 2 hot wings (4pp) before ww I would have a full blown extra large meal.. all the extras and the more fat the better!!

Bowling should be good to up moving about :) Enjoy the weekend boys and girls!

I know ye will think I'm obsessed but I got 2 PMs looking for the mini magnum things so here is a pic to help ye find them lols!!

Going to have a good weekend staying within points although we are going to KFC and Bowling on Saturday night.

KFC have all the nutritional values up on there web site so I can PP before I go! Going to have a Zinger Salad (8pp) and 2 hot wings (4pp) before ww I would have a full blown extra large meal.. all the extras and the more fat the better!!

I got the last box of them in Aldi @ Newlands Cross yesterday hahaha!!! I was prayin they were the right ones!!! hahaha!!!

Have a great time Lisa!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I have lost 24lb and have gone from a 16 in Jeans to a 12 and 14 in tops to a 12 and dress size down to a 12... Only problem is I carry most my weight on my Belly so although I need 12s in jeans not to have them fall down around my waist I still don't feel comfortable in them.. everybody else thinks I'm looking great but I am waiting for my mind to catch up with my body cause I still see an elephant in the mirror.
    Monife wrote: »
    Ok, after much emotional thought and struggle, I have rejoined WW again tonight, up 4.5lb since the last time I went at the start of December. Actually delighted because I thought it would be much more. I was really struggling the last 6 months of last year and thought I needed more professional help and contacted my doctor this week who basically fobbed me off and told me to go see the community dietitian, no appointments available til MAY!! So after a long tearful chat with my mum, I have decided to go it alone again and see how I get on. Onwards and downwards :) Can't wait to post my first (since rejoining) result next week. New starting weight, 15 stone 9lb (having started in November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb)!

*by going it alone, I mean without the help of counselling for overeating/binge eating (which my doctor said wouldn't help, although I still differ from that point of view) and without diet pills.

Monife, welcome back you were a great support on these boards when I first joined and if there is anything I can to to support you on your return to ww I will :)
    I've seen it in Tesco!

OMG watched the biggest loser last night! I assume you were talking about what the black team did! the girl on that team! she was so horrible! they are going to pay this week if the trainer has his way he was not impressed! such bad form! plus she did not care what she said!

Ya the biggest Loser I was on about.. I taught the judges should of stepped in and thrown Gerrard and that other girl out..I hope they get there asses kicked this week!!

Ok, after much emotional thought and struggle, I have rejoined WW again tonight, up 4.5lb since the last time I went at the start of December. Actually delighted because I thought it would be much more. I was really struggling the last 6 months of last year and thought I needed more professional help and contacted my doctor this week who basically fobbed me off and told me to go see the community dietitian, no appointments available til MAY!! So after a long tearful chat with my mum, I have decided to go it alone again and see how I get on. Onwards and downwards :) Can't wait to post my first (since rejoining) result next week. New starting weight, 15 stone 9lb (having started in November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb)!

*by going it alone, I mean without the help of counselling for overeating/binge eating (which my doctor said wouldn't help, although I still differ from that point of view) and without diet pills.

Hi Monife, welcome back. Already having lost 3 stone is such a great acheivement. Just take it slow and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Slow and steady wins the race ;)

Thery're the ones alright! They have been a staple in my freezer ever since I 1st heard about them on here a few weeks ago! Legend! :D

f
    I have lost 24lb and have gone from a 16 in Jeans to a 12 and 14 in tops to a 12 and dress size down to a 12... Only problem is I carry most my weight on my Belly so although I need 12s in jeans not to have them fall down around my waist I still don't feel comfortable in them.. everybody else thinks I'm looking great but I am waiting for my mind to catch up with my body cause I still see an elephant in the mirror.
    Its that the way, its like when your first put on weight, you still feel like you did when you were smaller ( well I did) it was so hard to try and picture if some clothes would fit or now, now to change to change the mind set again and see how far you have come and how much better you are inside and outside! 24 pounds well done and I cant wait till my reads that! oh to fit in to a size 12 again :) I can not wait!

Monife, welcome back you were a great support on these boards when I first joined and if there is anything I can to to support you on your return to ww I will :)

Ya the biggest Loser I was on about.. I taught the judges should of stepped in and thrown Gerrard and that other girl out..I hope they get there asses kicked this week!!

Oh they were so bad, she even said if Gerard votes her off he would pay! talk about immature adults, I say they will pay big time at least I hope they do! you need your one from The weakest link on that show to kick some ass :)

Any one watch fatfighters!!!! what did you think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Whow down to size 12 that's amazing, well done!! I had my third weigh in and lost 4lbs this week..I am chuffed. That is 12 in three weeks, so here's hoping for another 2 to get my little stone next week in class. I hope everyone is keeping well and working hard ;)

A new lunch treat for me is WW brown bread, 1 slice of low low cheese, tomato and a slice of Centra Ham. Its only 6 points and gorgeous!!

Also Mc Cain Rustic Chips are only 4 points for 100grams.

Wow!!! 12lbs already!!!! you are doing brilliantly!!!! :D:D:D

I love the low low stuff..... I am addicted to the tubs of spreadable cheese. Either the plain or the one with cracked black pepper. I love them on wraps. Its much more economical with points rather than adding the light mayo and then cheese... I spread it like butter then add my toppings... YUM!!!! :D

The tubs are great if you are having nachos or anything like that...I would never have thought of it but its actually on the foil lid!!! So much nicer than the normal nacho cheese dips that are totally loaded!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey Kay and anyone else interested in this recipe! I had to take the lazy way and just copy and paste from the WW site as I am so busy in work!

This is quite tasty, though I am not mad about parsnips so next time I think I will replace them with cauliflower (which would lower PP too). I put mixed herbs through the bread crumbs and cheese too.

Carrot, parsnip and leek bake

ProPoints®value | 4
    Servings | 4
    Preparation Time | 20 min
    Cooking Time | 20 min
    Level of Difficulty | Moderate
    main meals | Pack in some Filling & Healthy foods with this tasty bake made with a creamy light cheese sauce - a great family meal when time is of the essence.

Ingredients

3 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, cut into thick sticks
    2 medium Parsnip, cut into thick sticks
    1 medium Leek, (large) sliced
    1/2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable
    200 ml Milk, Skimmed
    2 tablespoons Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
    2 teaspoons Spread, Low Fat
    2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs, Dried
    20 g Cheese, Cheddar, Half Fat, 1 tbsp, grated
    1 pinch Salt, to taste

Instructions

Bring about 600ml of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the carrots and parsnips for 5 minutes. Add the leek and cook for a further 3 minutes.

Drain, reserving about 200ml of the vegetable water and dissolve the stock cube in it. Preheat the grill.

Put the vegetables into a shallow heatproof dish. Return the vegetable stock to the pan along with the milk and then stir in the flour and low fat spread. Bring to the boil slowly, stirring until thickened and smooth. Preheat the grill to a medium high heat.

Pour the sauce over the vegetables. Mix the crumbs with the cheese and scatter over the top. Place under the grill and cook until lightly browned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Have my book club tonight and I made flapjack cookies from the Complete Kitchen Recipe book and they are yummy.Will def make them again - I recommend the cook book to anyone looking for one. Its got some amazing recipes and they are so easy!

Have a good weekend everyone :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Baileypants and Ali85, where did you get your measuring tape? I never took measurements when I first started (raging now) but I want to start now. Had a look in Tesco but couldn't see one.

Got myself a diary to write down when I feel proud of something I have achieved in the day/week.

Today I am proud of myself because me and the girls went to Spar to get something for lunch and instead of getting a chicken fillet roll and wedges (what I would have usually got, especially since it's Friday), I got a brown bread chicken salad sandwich and a packet of treble crunch :D

*There might be a lot of "today I am proud of myself" posts, don't mind me, just feels better seeing them on screen/written down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Week 3 WI - down another 2.5!! Thats a total of 8 now. was so nervous getting on those scales...

The WW meals are a JOKE!!! I got 2 because they were on special offer, chicken in tomato and basil sauce with wedges and a sweet and sour chicken and rice. Had the chicken & wedges one tonight because wanted something quick and had to have 2 waffles with it because it was puny!! It was like 2 mini fillets of chicken (about 1/2 a chicken breast) and about 7 wedges in sauce for 7PP, how anyone is full after having one of them amazes me!!

Won't be buying them again. Even a quick meal you make yourself would be more filling and appetizing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hi Monife, yeah, they are pretty small alright! Had a ****ty busy day today and was cold when I got home - not in the humour for cooking much, so I had one one this evening. The Chicken Hot Pot one, 6 pp. Often get the Beef Hot Pot too. I like the taste of the two of them most. I usually have 3 or 4 baby potatoes with them - still not a huge meal but it's the huge meals that got me where I am! :o
    They're ok the odd time, when you're tired/in a hurry etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

The WW meals are a JOKE!!! I got 2 because they were on special offer, chicken in tomato and basil sauce with wedges and a sweet and sour chicken and rice. Had the chicken & wedges one tonight because wanted something quick and had to have 2 waffles with it because it was puny!! It was like 2 mini fillets of chicken (about 1/2 a chicken breast) and about 7 wedges in sauce for 7PP, how anyone is full after having one of them amazes me!!

Won't be buying them again. Even a quick meal you make yourself would be more filling and appetizing.

Yea I can't imagine anyone eating them on their own. I find them handy every now and then if I really don't want to cook but I always have to have some frozen veg (again when far to lazy to peel/chop a carrot). If I didn't have that with it I'd be starving........

It does make you think when your having them though what you could have made something for same points, but convenience food does eactly what it says on the box :p

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I'm back with another question about weeklies :o
    Is it possible to still have a loss on the scales if you go well over and beyond the weeklies, had an unplanned night out last night with a lot of drink and food- willpower went out the window sadly but I shall be behaving myself between now and Tuesday! Any advice on how to redeem myself?

Also though it was lousy what they did on the biggest loser too!! Don't know yer ones name, shes on Gerard's team- she seems nasty or perhaps just very immature!

Baileypants and Ali85, where did you get your measuring tape? I never took measurements when I first started (raging now) but I want to start now. Had a look in Tesco but couldn't see one.

Got myself a diary to write down when I feel proud of something I have achieved in the day/week.

Today I am proud of myself because me and the girls went to Spar to get something for lunch and instead of getting a chicken fillet roll and wedges (what I would have usually got, especially since it's Friday), I got a brown bread chicken salad sandwich and a packet of treble crunch :D

*There might be a lot of "today I am proud of myself" posts, don't mind me, just feels better seeing them on screen/written down.

I know Eircom got some good ones off ebay http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=accufitness+myotape
    you can get them in those little sewing kits in the supermarkets or try hickeys or any sewing/knitting shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I know Eircom got some good ones off ebay http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=accufitness+myotape
    you can get them in those little sewing kits in the supermarkets or try hickeys or any sewing/knitting shop

Thanks Baby75! :) I'm raging I didn't take measurements from day one either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

Hi all, I've been following the thread since I joined ww in October.
    Had a baby in July and wanted my "figure" (if you can call it that!) back.

Starting weight was 12st 10, and have lost 1st 3 so far, but still have another stone and 3lb to lose!!!
    I don think I'll ever get to 10st 4!!

Anyway, I've hit a bit of a wall, so I finally decided to join and see can I get motivated again!
    x

I made some Nachos to night and they were yummy and I'm quite full! going to post the recipe on my blog its quite healthy with some good supper foods in it I worked it out at 12 PP I had to adapt it a little as its from Weight watchers Australia check it out if you fancy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

AGGGGGHHH!!!!!! Didn't get my silver seven last night. Was UP a pound. Almost cried, but my leader went through my card with me and we've copped that I'm always up the week before TOTM. I think I used all my weeklies today, was so p!ssed off and disheartened. Tomorrow is another day - have made meal plans for the week, hoping for a good week :/

• Advertisement

I made some Nachos to night and they were yummy and I'm quite full! going to post the recipe on my blog its quite healthy with some good supper foods in it I worked it out at 12 PP I had to adapt it a little as its from Weight watchers Australia check it out if you fancy it :)

posted http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

intouch44 wrote: »
    I'm back with another question about weeklies :o
    Is it possible to still have a loss on the scales if you go well over and beyond the weeklies, had an unplanned night out last night with a lot of drink and food- willpower went out the window sadly but I shall be behaving myself between now and Tuesday! Any advice on how to redeem myself?

Also though it was lousy what they did on the biggest loser too!! Don't know yer ones name, shes on Gerard's team- she seems nasty or perhaps just very immature!

Exercise may be, when WI, as for your one on TBL I think a bit of both!
    twirlagig wrote: »
    Thanks Baby75! :) I'm raging I didn't take measurements from day one either! :(

Dont thank me, Thank Eircom-Sucks he clued me in! :)
    mj_mam wrote: »

Starting weight was 12st 10, and have lost 1st 3 so far, but still have another stone and 3lb to lose!!!

Anyway, I've hit a bit of a wall, so I finally decided to join and see can I get motivated again!
    x

Good luck I joined after having my baby last March you have done really well! keep at it, you will make it though that wall

posted http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/[/QUOTE]

Hey Baby75... just after been reading your blog! Absolutely love the recipes, I don't eat meat and only a bit of chicken (maybe once every couple of months!), so am dying to try nachos and a couple of other lovely recipes I saw on the WW australia link. Really enjoyed reading your blog, makes me want to start one myself!

You're blog is so good, makes me feel really bad about mine. You have loads of posts and they are always really interesting! Am def a fan :-)

Ha! I got mine for free in the chemist... all this measure your waist business haha!! Ya couldn't pass it up for a freebie!!!! Sucker for a bargain!!! :P

cooked one of those haddock fillets from aldi tonight with a plate piled full of veg!!! my dinner was only costing me 4pp so i decided feck it... and had a bit of bread and butter and i tell you something... it was a lot more filling than the WW meals.

I tend to have them for lunch at the weekends if I am making something quick for the family... Even then i stick a big salad with it.. or loadsa veggies... they really are tiny...

The tesco ones are a bit more in points, but they are a lot bigger size wise and a lot more filling on their own... I had the lasagne for 11pp the other week and it was lovely... so much nicer than the WW one.

Anyone know how many pp are in Cracottes??? There can't be much coz they are so kinda airy! Im hoping anyway... plan on them for lunch tomorrow... :D

cooked one of those haddock fillets from aldi tonight with a plate piled full of veg!!! my dinner was only costing me 4pp so i decided feck it... and had a bit of bread and butter and i tell you something... it was a lot more filling than the WW meals.

I tend to have them for lunch at the weekends if I am making something quick for the family... Even then i stick a big salad with it.. or loadsa veggies... they really are tiny...

The tesco ones are a bit more in points, but they are a lot bigger size wise and a lot more filling on their own... I had the lasagne for 11pp the other week and it was lovely... so much nicer than the WW one.

Anyone know how many pp are in Cracottes??? There can't be much coz they are so kinda airy! Im hoping anyway... plan on them for lunch tomorrow... :D

Our leader on tuesday was talking about cracottes and she said they were 1pp for 2.

Our leader on tuesday was talking about cracottes and she said they were 1pp for 2.

Yaaaay!!! I love them... bit of my low low cheese....or the low cal cheese slices.... really anything with cheese!!! hahaha!!! :P

How did you get on today???

Yaaaay!!! I love them... bit of my low low cheese....or the low cal cheese slices.... really anything with cheese!!! hahaha!!! :P

How did you get on today???

Had a good day today, was off work so went to the gym and was able to prepare better for my book club tonight. My friend bought a lemon tart with ice cream and cream for dessert to the club and I avoided having a piece and just munched on the strawberries and blueberries I had brought. Flapjack cookies I made for 2 pp each went down a treat with tea later on in the night too, so even though I didnt have dessert I was able to have my treat (recipe just posted on my blog).

I'm finding it easier to say no to the treats, I know I want to lose the weight more than I wanted a slice of lemon tart you know! How are you getting on?

• Advertisement

So happy to see its only 1pp for 2 cracottes! They would be handy with a bit of Philly and tomato! Gonna go buy them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Morning all. M'lady thanks for the recipe looks yum :) had my WI this morning & I'm down another pound - delighted with than I'm now only 1/4 of a pound off my pre NYC weight & dare I even say nearly in the 10's :D I'm 11.1 now & I'd be happy to see the back of the 11's like I did the 12's & the 13's hope I can get there soon!

Only had 26pp yesterday & that was with a large glass of wine! I had an AWFUL day in work, my boss really wound me up & instead of going to the shop & buying a packet of sweets or a bar of chocolate - I ate an apple! Like tiny penguin I wanna lose the weight more than I wanted the sweets! Did my food shop last night & even after my 3 meals yesterday I had 8pp left. I didn't want to eat something for the sake of it so decided to have a glass of red & painted my nails to stop me potentially going for nibbles later - it worked!

Off out for my monthly lunch with the girls - have my full 49 & 21 dailies so going to have something tasty we're going Japanese so should be able to get some filing tasty & well within points. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Hey guys,

Been awol the last week basically - absolute disaster! Starting afresh today (I always seem to be saying that). Finding that I'm doing great until the evenings and then BOOM I go CRAZY and ruin all my good work from earlier in the day! Grr.
    Anywho was having a read of some of the posts I've missed that last few days and just wanna say something to Monife on the emotional eating side of things. Last year I was so upset about my fluctuating weight (Not talking about a few pounds up and down, I'm talking about losing over 2 stone and putting it back on plus more in a year) and decided to talk to a professional. I couldn't afford to keep going so I stopped and went back to do my Masters in college in the meantime. New routine, commuting and piles of study resulted in my life spiralling out of control, especially my food/exercise. It finally came to a head when I basically cracked and ended up going to a doctor. I have to say she was fantastic. She wasn't my ordinary GP - couldn't face him - so if your dr isn't cooperating find another one.
    Ok to cut the story short I ended up being treated for depression and she sent me for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This was going great until I went back to college this week and I seem to be slipping back into old habits. I've booked an app for next week with my CBT therapist to get me back on track and hopefully the food/exercise will fall into line too. So the moral of my story is if you really feel like you need professional help go to a different gp and get a referral. CBT is not counselling in the ordinary sense of the form, it focuses on your behaviour and teaches you the skills to break the vicious cycle that your life is stuck in. If you want to pm me I can give you the name of the therapist I attend.
    Keep the head and spirits up. Surround yourself with people that will support you and know that you can always talk to someone. You'd be surprised at those who will understand what you're going through.
    Good luck and here's to a good week.

Today is a new day x

P.S. Sorry for long post!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

any ideas what to do with a cod fillet to make it tasty?!

Thanks Shindy. It wasn't my usual GP because I recently changed GP's when I moved area, so I might see how I do this week and then go back to my old GP and see what she says. It would be great if you could PM any info you have on that therapy and any other you know that might help, always good to have a bit info even if I decide in the end not to go ahead with it. Also, I would be looking to get something on the medical card if I do go ahead with it as I wouldn't be able to afford regular counselling.
    ShindyB wrote: »

My mum made a gorgeous crust for cod (I am not a fish eater and she made it for me and it was GORGEOUS). She used bread crumbs and she mixed them in a bowl with a little olive oil, loads of crushed garlic and some herbs. Put the crust on top of the cod and baked it in the oven.

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Morning all. M'lady thanks for the recipe looks yum :) had my WI this morning & I'm down another pound - delighted with than I'm now only 1/4 of a pound off my pre NYC weight & dare I even say nearly in the 10's :D I'm 11.1 now & I'd be happy to see the back of the 11's like I did the 12's & the 13's hope I can get there soon!

Only had 26pp yesterday & that was with a large glass of wine! I had an AWFUL day in work, my boss really wound me up & instead of going to the shop & buying a packet of sweets or a bar of chocolate - I ate an apple! Like tiny penguin I wanna lose the weight more than I wanted the sweets! Did my food shop last night & even after my 3 meals yesterday I had 8pp left. I didn't want to eat something for the sake of it so decided to have a glass of red & painted my nails to stop me potentially going for nibbles later - it worked!

Off out for my monthly lunch with the girls - have my full 49 & 21 dailies so going to have something tasty we're going Japanese so should be able to get some filing tasty & well within points. Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Well done, :) enjoy your day Im hopefully in the next two weeks waving good bye to 12 AGAIN:cool: was down in the 11 before Christmas :o and then to wave them good bye as well cant wait! :)
    Hey guys,

Been awol the last week basically - absolute disaster! Starting afresh today (I always seem to be saying that). Finding that I'm doing great until the evenings and then BOOM I go CRAZY and ruin all my good work from earlier in the day! Grr.
    Anywho was having a read of some of the posts I've missed that last few days and just wanna say something to Monife on the emotional eating side of things. Last year I was so upset about my fluctuating weight (Not talking about a few pounds up and down, I'm talking about losing over 2 stone and putting it back on plus more in a year) and decided to talk to a professional. I couldn't afford to keep going so I stopped and went back to do my Masters in college in the meantime. New routine, commuting and piles of study resulted in my life spiralling out of control, especially my food/exercise. It finally came to a head when I basically cracked and ended up going to a doctor. I have to say she was fantastic. She wasn't my ordinary GP - couldn't face him - so if your dr isn't cooperating find another one.
    Ok to cut the story short I ended up being treated for depression and she sent me for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This was going great until I went back to college this week and I seem to be slipping back into old habits. I've booked an app for next week with my CBT therapist to get me back on track and hopefully the food/exercise will fall into line too. So the moral of my story is if you really feel like you need professional help go to a different gp and get a referral. CBT is not counselling in the ordinary sense of the form, it focuses on your behaviour and teaches you the skills to break the vicious cycle that your life is stuck in. If you want to pm me I can give you the name of the therapist I attend.
    Keep the head and spirits up. Surround yourself with people that will support you and know that you can always talk to someone. You'd be surprised at those who will understand what you're going through.
    Good luck and here's to a good week.

Today is a new day x

P.S. Sorry for long post!
    Thanks for sharing that and good luck :)
    AGGGGGHHH!!!!!! Didn't get my silver seven last night. Was UP a pound. Almost cried, but my leader went through my card with me and we've copped that I'm always up the week before TOTM. I think I used all my weeklies today, was so p!ssed off and disheartened. Tomorrow is another day - have made meal plans for the week, hoping for a good week :/
    I hate that!!! but next week you will see your silver 7 :)
    m'lady wrote: »
    posted http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/[/QUOTE]

Hey Baby75... just after been reading your blog! Absolutely love the recipes, I don't eat meat and only a bit of chicken (maybe once every couple of months!), so am dying to try nachos and a couple of other lovely recipes I saw on the WW australia link. Really enjoyed reading your blog, makes me want to start one myself!

Thank you so much I'm glad you like them! you should start one! I'm enjoying mine so far any way!
    You're blog is so good, makes me feel really bad about mine. You have loads of posts and they are always really interesting! Am def a fan :-)
    Thanks so much! really nice to get some positive feed back :) I'm off to check out your flap jack recipe! sounds lovely! Im following your blog as well! doesn't it feel great when you go some were resist temptation but don't feel deprived just empowered that you had something healthier and lower in PP, I like the feeling that gives me and I think motivates me on wards!

• Advertisement

I made a chorizo and red pepper sauce to go with fish last week - we had it with monkfish but while we were eating it the OH said he thought it would be lovely with cod. If you are interested the recipe is on my blog. Only 2 pp per serving to add to the cod which is pretty low too.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

x

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

Nesie wrote: »

x

Best of luck!

Thank you!! Been better on the tracking now.

Can anyone tell me how many pp in a plain bun/queen cake? Had a small one after dinner today.

Very very naughty today.... had KFC!!! OMFG!!! Just pointed... 20pp!!!!! Oh well!!! I had 19 pps for the day left then I had like 47 of my weeklies... Should be ok.... Had 6 activity points sorted... and going to work out for an hour later...try make something back up...

Was reeeeeeeallly good though... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Kay_80 wrote: »
    No problem Audi driver that's why we're all here. I know exactly how it feels to get frustrated by the scales & the Journey!

What I would say is wait till your WI see what it is & see how you feel. If 29pp was working for you ( & gee you're down 17lbs so it definitely is!) I would be inclined to stick with that. As for the weeklies this is a personal choice but they are there to be used & not just for the occasional treat.

From my own point of view I use my weeklies every week or at least try to. I lose more on the weeks i use them than the weeks i dont. I've been doing WW for exactly a year now, I spent 8 weeks working manic hrs so wanted to just maintain during that time & I took 4 weeks off plan over the course of the year (3 being in December) so in 40 weeks I've lost 35lbs :) I would love it to be more BUT I'm extremely happy with that & I know how hard I had to work to lose that. I had loads of STS lots of losing 1/2 or 3/4's of a lb but when i look at the totsl number im really proud of myself! :)

I've about 19-20lbs to go to get me into the 9st something bracket I don't know what my end goal is yet I'll wait & see how i feel & look. :)

As for what I spend my weeklies on usually half on alcohol & half on food. It changes week to week but I tend to use them on weekends. Last week I stayed in so used 21pp on a bottle of red wine, 9pp on an avocado, 11pp on a small pizza from m&S 4pp on a multi pack bag of Doritos & I have the remaining 4 left. I tend to either go out for lunch or dinner at the weekend or cook alot so I factor in what I guess most ppl on healthy eating plans term their 'cheat' day & use my weeklies For it :)

LOL I've realised I must come across as an avocado loving nutjob! I'm always posting about them as I love them but only allow myself one every 2 weeks I always use my weeklies for it as well. :P

Thanks for your help Kay, was surprised at my weigh in the other night, lost 2lbs! going to keep at it and hopefully slowly but surely Ill get there! its great to have this forum, so many helpful people! :-) saw that 2 cracottes (r they d cracker tpe bread in the red box) are 1pp, if so Ill def. be buying some of them! x

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement