Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

There is fruit available too and I have had some but its just not satisfying! There is usually veg packs in teh fridge but they were all gone by the time i went on break too! I have had one mini twilight chocolate which I made last as long as possible but the craving is still there. I am going be strong though cos I have my WI tonight. I think I'm gonna leave some WW treats at my desk in future for days like these!

Oh and ali - I am doing a bit of online browsing on Asos to imagine what I'll buy when i get down to goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Absolute disaster of a week so far. Breakfast, lunch & dinner are grand, then I turn into a Gremlin around 8pm and eat all round me. Sat down this morning and worked out a meal plan for today - hopefully it'll be easier to stick to if I just take it a day at a time.

I ALWAYS do this to myself. Every time I'm only a pound or two away from another sticker I feck it up. UGH. Feel like crap, basically. Don't even know if I want to go to my meeting this week and pretend to make excuses as to why I'm up again this week. Actually don't want to face my leader, she was expecting to give me my silver seven last week, didn't get it, won't get it this week either. Feel like crap, want to wipe the last few days from memory!

Sorry for being negative, just on an awful downer the last few days. Anyone near enough to me that could stick out their foot & give me a good kick?

Best of luck to anyone with WI tonight x

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Tiny penguin what I tend to do is have a selection of treats in a ziplock bag in my desk that way if I have a craving for chocolate I know it's in my desk & I factor into my daily pp. I have 1 large bar of 70% dark choc which is 2pp for one large square ( it would be 2 small squares in a regular choc bar) I also have treatsize caramel bars 2pp, treatsize crunchier 2pp treatsize malteasers 3pp & treat size skittles 3pp. I wouldn't necessarily eat every day but it helps me knowing their there & if the craving attacks I know the points & can adj over the course of the day. If I didn't have them I'd end up going to the shop & buy a full size something or worse eat the crap lying around the office. My dept is all men & there is constantly tins of sweets, biscuits & choc bars lying around - I avoid that like the plague!

I know that doesn't necessarily help you now but maybe for next time! Best of luck with WI :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I am having a serious chocolate craving today! And i dont know what to do! There is free chocolate all around me in work - usually I find it quite easy to resist but today I feel like it is staring at me all day long! HELP :(

Have a banana works for me! good luck not easy when you feel like that and have a craving! :)

Absolute disaster of a week so far. Breakfast, lunch & dinner are grand, then I turn into a Gremlin around 8pm and eat all round me. Sat down this morning and worked out a meal plan for today - hopefully it'll be easier to stick to if I just take it a day at a time.

I ALWAYS do this to myself. Every time I'm only a pound or two away from another sticker I feck it up. UGH. Feel like crap, basically. Don't even know if I want to go to my meeting this week and pretend to make excuses as to why I'm up again this week. Actually don't want to face my leader, she was expecting to give me my silver seven last week, didn't get it, won't get it this week either. Feel like crap, want to wipe the last few days from memory!

Sorry for being negative, just on an awful downer the last few days. Anyone near enough to me that could stick out their foot & give me a good kick?

Best of luck to anyone with WI tonight x

Aww Shanna don't be so hard on yourself! Listen we all have slips you're at this a while & it gets really tough at times & makes the slip all the harder. My advice go to your meeting face up to the number it may not be as bad as you think. Don't worry about the leader it's not up to her to be disappointed in your result or whatever so put that guilt out of your mind you are not there to please her ( as lovely & helpful as she maybe!) you are there for you.

Draw a line under the last few days, you've already started by drawing up a meal plan :) if the 8 o clock munchies are getting to you set some pp aside for it. Maybe have some fruit salad or some carrot sticks with a low pp dip or a scrambled egg & 1 egg white or a low pp packet of crisps or a treat if that is what you fancy?

A good tip I find is to go have a glass of water or a cup of tea first - sometimes ( not always!) I won't even want the 'snack' I'm just bored. Maybe readjust your eating patterns? I tend to have dinner at 7.30 I used to eat at 6 & I'd find by 9 I was starving again. I bulked up my dinner with extra veg & eat later & I find it helps but may not be for everyone.

Be proud of your Achievement so far shanna don't be down on yourself for a week with a gain. It happens us all at some point.

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Tiny penguin what I tend to do is have a selection of treats in a ziplock bag in my desk that way if I have a craving for chocolate I know it's in my desk & I factor into my daily pp. I have 1 large bar of 70% dark choc which is 2pp for one large square ( it would be 2 small squares in a regular choc bar) I also have treatsize caramel bars 2pp, treatsize crunchier 2pp treatsize malteasers 3pp & treat size skittles 3pp. I wouldn't necessarily eat every day but it helps me knowing their there & if the craving attacks I know the points & can adj over the course of the day. If I didn't have them I'd end up going to the shop & buy a full size something or worse eat the crap lying around the office. My dept is all men & there is constantly tins of sweets, biscuits & choc bars lying around - I avoid that like the plague!

I know that doesn't necessarily help you now but maybe for next time! Best of luck with WI :)

Thanks! There are usually snack size bars included in the free chocolate in work but today the only thing they have were the mini twilight chocs (1pp each and i had one).

The problem is that the stuff is always there, on every floor there is a shelf unit with free crisps, chocolate, biscuits, sweets and crackers. Always a basket of chocolate around. A fridge full of fizzy drinks, juices, cheese, chocolate milk etc and its all free.

On the plus they do have cereal and low fat yoghurt in the mornings, and fruit is avaialble - though sometimes it is not the best. Lunch is good as they always have soup (sometimes creamy) a salad bar (sometimes all dressing heavy salads) and prepacked sandwhiches, some of which are 5 or 6 pp. So I can always have a low enough breakfast and lunch - there is always one good option from the three. Its just learning to avoid the sweet stuff on days like today i have to deal with. I think even if I had some WW goodies today - id want to eat them all not just one of them :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

@Shanna: Please please please go to your meeting. All what you said there sounds exactly like I did at the end of last year. I said to myself "What is the point in me going to WW to pay them to be told i'm up?" and I didn't go. And that is where the downward spiral begins. One bad week turned into a bad month and then it was Christmas and then I finally went back after a 6 week break and I was up 4.5lb which wasn't too bad for 6 weeks of boldness. You might be surprised with the number on the scales.

Don't mind what your leader is thinking. When she asks if you have had a good week, just say no, you don't have to divulge anything to her. Try and snap out of the shameful and guilty feeling. From assessing myself and realising the reason I was so depressed is because I was being so negative about myself. We don't give ourselves enough credit sometimes. I had a long chat with my mum last week and she gave me a very good piece of advice... We are all human, we all make mistakes. Just don't let that mistake turn your whole week into a disaster. Live and learn from our mistakes and draw a line under it and say "well, yes I was bold, but now I am going to be good" and try your best to forget about it. The more you dwell negatively on how bold you were, the more depressed you will feel and the more you will want to f**k it up completely and go on a mad binge!

So please please go to your meeting, face the number you see, draw a line under it and start again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

There is fruit available too and I have had some but its just not satisfying! There is usually veg packs in teh fridge but they were all gone by the time i went on break too! I have had one mini twilight chocolate which I made last as long as possible but the craving is still there. I am going be strong though cos I have my WI tonight. I think I'm gonna leave some WW treats at my desk in future for days like these!

Oh and ali - I am doing a bit of online browsing on Asos to imagine what I'll buy when i get down to goal!

The treatsize choccies are great. So handy... Im not a big choccie eater but I definitely know the feeling about cravings... I want a big dirty whitebread sambo with loadsa butter, cheese and king crisps hahaha!!!

Anyone tell me how many pp are in a crackawheat??? I tried working it out but its coming up as 0.8pp....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Lost 1.5lb this week!! So I got my 25lb goal :) So happy!

Heres to a silver seven in 2.5lb!!

Mini Goals Rock heres my update:

I started off August 24th @ 13st 11

Silver 7 @ 13st 4lb achieved

5% @ 13st 1lb achieved

Silver 7 (stone) @ 12st 11lb achieved

10% loss @ 12st 6lb achieved

Silver 7 @ 12st 4lb achieved

25lb total loss @ 12st achieved

silver 7 @ 11st 11lb is only -2.5lb away

silver 7 @ 11st 4lb is only -9.5lb away

GOAL @ 11st 0lb is only -13.5lb away

Baby Steps but I will finish the race!

• Advertisement

5% @ 13st 1lb achieved

Thats brilliant! Keep up the good work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    The treatsize choccies are great. So handy... Im not a big choccie eater but I definitely know the feeling about cravings... I want a big dirty whitebread sambo with loadsa butter, cheese and king crisps hahaha!!!

Anyone tell me how many pp are in a crackawheat??? I tried working it out but its coming up as 0.8pp....

Oh my God! You just made me crave that! :eek:

Think cauliflower soup, think cauliflower soup !!!!

5% @ 13st 1lb achieved

That's fab! Congrats Lisa! :D:D

There should be an IM - ing option for those who are online at the same time do you not think?! :D I just got thinking about it as it shows who's online with the small green spot beside your name, and I thought, well what's the point of that unless there's an advantage to knowing who's online! :p

There must have been at somestage, because when I go into Quick Links, and Who's Online, it says that it's been disabled by the administrator.

Was anyone around when or if it used to work? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

Monife wrote: »
    Ok, after much emotional thought and struggle, I have rejoined WW again tonight, up 4.5lb since the last time I went at the start of December. Actually delighted because I thought it would be much more. I was really struggling the last 6 months of last year and thought I needed more professional help and contacted my doctor this week who basically fobbed me off and told me to go see the community dietitian, no appointments available til MAY!! So after a long tearful chat with my mum, I have decided to go it alone again and see how I get on. Onwards and downwards :) Can't wait to post my first (since rejoining) result next week. New starting weight, 15 stone 9lb (having started in November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb)!

*by going it alone, I mean without the help of counselling for overeating/binge eating (which my doctor said wouldn't help, although I still differ from that point of view) and without diet pills.

Welcome Back Monife.....you gave me great encouragement a while back which I was very grateful for ......So focus now on YOU, we are all here to help you although I'm not on everyday I do check in to see how you are all doing, and you are all doing GREAT even me !! Im getting to a stage where I'm counting for friends who don't do WW haha how sad is that !! Chin up girl & give that mammy of your a hug...where would we all be without them shoulders !!

Lisa well done :) hope your very proud of what you have achieved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well done Lisa! What a great feeling! WI in the morning - eeek! Not sure what to expect - missed last weeks meeting and have been sick so exercise was pretty much non-existant! Whatever appears I'll accept it and move on !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Hi, just looking for a bit of advice. I've missed my meetings for the last few weeks due to an unexpected surgery.
    Back to a meeting today but not my usual leader. Before christmas I was on 31 points, today I was told I should be on 28. I know from reading here that some things have changed but three points seems a big drop. I'm 5' 5" and currently 14 stone 7. I'm 47. Anyone know if 28 is correct. Thanks

Hi, just looking for a bit of advice. I've missed my meetings for the last few weeks due to an unexpected surgery.
    Back to a meeting today but not my usual leader. Before christmas I was on 31 points, today I was told I should be on 28. I know from reading here that some things have changed but three points seems a big drop. I'm 5' 5" and currently 14 stone 7. Anyone know if 28 is correct. Thanks

I guess it depends on your age too - but Im 27 5'5" 13 stone12.5 and im on 31 pp. I think as you get older your points go down. I know some people dropped from 29 pp down to 26, so dropping 3pp could be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Well just weighed in today and was down 5lbs!! So that's 10lbs in two weeks!!:D I'm absolutely delighted and a bit surprised! I'd love to lose 4lbs this week to get to the stone, but I think that might be a bit too ambitious after two great weeks. I did the healthy and filling week last week (well for 4 days of it) and I found it really good. Going to start exercising this week, so excited about that.

Well just weighed in today and was down 5lbs!! So that's 10lbs in two weeks!!:D I'm absolutely delighted and a bit surprised! I'd love to lose 4lbs this week to get to the stone, but I think that might be a bit too ambitious after two great weeks. I did the healthy and filling week last week (well for 4 days of it) and I found it really good. Going to start exercising this week, so excited about that.

What a great start, well done if you don't get your stone next week at least it will be in the next 2 weeks at least!!! allow for a loss now of 1 to 2 pounds per week any thing more is a bonus!

for me 1/2 a pound is my aim and anything more is brilliant LOL I lose it slow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey girls (and guys!)!

Just checking in to say thanks for all the good wishes! Have my list made out for my shopping and I've no exam until Thursday afternoon so the pressure is (kind of) off! Lisa that's fab, it's a great feeling to reach little personal goals, almost as good as getting a compliment on the weight loss!!

Well done on all the losses this week, and chin up to everyone craving the bold stuff - I had a meltdown weekend and now I'm flying it out the other side, it happens to all of us! Just draw a line under it and imagine how amazing you'll look in all those summer dresses and shorts! :)

Well done on the losses Lisa & West wing that is fantastic news & a great boost for the rest of us ( especially those of us including me who have had an attack of the munchies lately)

Meant to say yesterday but baby you brought up the BMI based on one of the newbies blog post ( jell something can't remember sorry :o) but I can't stand that either I know it's a 'barometer' of healthy weight range but it fails to take in so many other factors as pointed out in the blog post.

I'm 5.2 & had initially picked a goal weight of 10.7 to give me a loss of 3 stone & according to the BMI I'll be classed as overweight if I stay there. I'm 11.1 ATM & I'm already getting comments that I look 'skinny enough' or the weights falling of you ( Grrr another bug bear its not feckin falling off I'm working my ass of -literally to lose it!) now I'm not too skinny I still have a way to go but because of the stupid bloody BMI I've adjusted my goal down to in the 9 stone bracket ( between 9.7 & 9.10 ish I reckon) I've no idea what I'll look like at that weight because the last time I would have been 9 anything I'd have been about 12 or 13.

For me although I'm short I'm as my granny would say 'well built' I've wide shoulders & wide hips & the top of my back is wide as well, my legs are short, toned but solid they're not 'fat' but I don't see them shrinking down much especially my calfs & that's thanks to Da I got his legs & all the sport & dancing I did as a kid :rolleyes:

Even with me picking 9.7 - 9.10 that's the top end of my BMI they haves 8 stone in there as well which would not suit me at all! I spoke to my nurse @ my gp she said you should be a BMI of 25 or less but did agree 8 or even 9st would be too small so I'm gonna wait & see how I look & feel when I get there. I'm not sure yet if that's possible or even sustainable! Time will tell I guess :)

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey girls (and guys!)!

Just checking in to say thanks for all the good wishes! Have my list made out for my shopping and I've no exam until Thursday afternoon so the pressure is (kind of) off! Lisa that's fab, it's a great feeling to reach little personal goals, almost as good as getting a compliment on the weight loss!!

Well done on all the losses this week, and chin up to everyone craving the bold stuff - I had a meltdown weekend and now I'm flying it out the other side, it happens to all of us! Just draw a line under it and imagine how amazing you'll look in all those summer dresses and shorts! :)

Ah well Niamh, I hope you fly those exams, and not to forget they're not the be all & end all. ;)

God the thought of Summer dresses makes me cringe!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Thank you Kay & Monife - I promise I will go to my meeting on Thursday! I suppose I haven't really given myself credit for all I've done so far, I don't even know if I've really been doing it for myself up until now - lately I feel like I'm letting people down because I'm not doing as well as I was, and that's ridiculous.

I'll go, and I'll write it off and start my new week on Friday. Actually, in my head, I've started my new week today because I don't want to lose the run of myself altogether. Thank you for the fantastic support on this thread, would be lost without it xx

Well done on all the brilliant results this week girls, ye should be proud of yourselves xx

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Back to a meeting today but not my usual leader. Before christmas I was on 31 points, today I was told I should be on 28. I know from reading here that some things have changed but three points seems a big drop. I'm 5' 5" and currently 14 stone 7. I'm 47. Anyone know if 28 is correct. Thanks

I thought you never went below 29 points ( apart form the option to do the 26 ) that it was the lowest.

Just a heads up, I got some Basa fillets in Aldi thinking they be healthy option! I did a search on line for a recipe and what type of fish it was, I found this information on the fish and I wont be eating it after this actually I might bring it back to to them!

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/basa-fillets-warning

Baby75 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I got some Basa fillets in Aldi thinking they be healthy option! I did a search on line for a recipe and what type of fish it was, I found this information on the fish and I wont be eating it after this actually I might bring it back to to them!

http://fishwrecked.com/forum/basa-fillets-warning

Sweet Lord that's disgusting! Won't be putting them on my list for next week anyway! Well done on the weight losses everyone, WI for me tomorrow at 10. Getting out for a walk after dinner. Fingers crossed!

finished work early today and literally got in the door, got changed and me and the OH hit the park for a walk. We went at a fast pace and did the walk in about 50 mins.

The way i feel about it now is if i feel like going on the Wii for a half hour later I can but i was so glad to get it out of the way... Im impressed with the difference in my fitness level now... I did the entire circumference of Corkagh Park.. when i started WW 4 weeks ago it was taking me 50 mins to do half that. Its madness!

Im far from running a marathon but considering I was so unfit i would get tired walking to the shop im well impressed! :D

So happy for all your brilliant WI's this week! hopefully i can keep up the good work tomorrow night at mine... I would ideally love 2.5lb down that way i would get my 5%... but to be honest once im down ANYTHING i will be happy. I have hit the 11s and i plan on staying there... well until i hit the 10s hahaha!

Saw a gorgeous dress today when i was out with my dad for lunch. Gorgeous orange dress in the window of Miss Selfridge in Jervis. He was laughing when i said... "Im going to have that dress...and im going to have it in THAT size!!!" That will be my treat to myself when i finally reach goal.... with any luck it will be on sale by then haha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Managed to lose 2lbs this week am delighted but feel like I kind of cheated!

Afetr serious binging on Thursday, Friday and even Saturday I did something a little extreme- I filled up on loads of fruit Sunday, Monday and today and ate around 16PP each of those days (also did it to make myself see there has to be consequences for my binging otherwise every weekend will be a disaster!) Went for a few lovely long walks aswell.

Tomorrow is the start of my new WW week, will plan each day in advance and weekends aswell and will be back on track I hope!

Hope my 'cheating' doesn't catch up on me next week!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hi everyone :)
    Well done on yer losses! Ye are brill!
    I had a disaster of a weekend - Saturday, food-wise I wasn't too bad but that night, I had loads of wine :( And on Sunday from about 7 til bedtime, I ate all round me, felt rotten with myself afterwards. AND, TOTM arrived today (maybe that's what lead to the madness on Sunday evening, I don't know)
    TOTM sucks! - I feel huge this evening! :mad:
    Dreading my WI tomorrow morning! :eek:

Good Luck with all your WI's this week peeps! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

- 3 this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Well Done! :D

well done on all the WI's folks....

You's should be so proud of your hard work!!!!

Delighted for yas!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

that's a great wi!!!

Well done to all those who have lost this week!
    My wi on Thurs, had a sneeky peek on my own scales this eve and it told me 11.5, last wi I was 11.7 although I think there is a diff between my scales and ww scales, never the same! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

These have prob been discussed before but picked them up in Aldi tonight.

The Caramel, fudge & cunchie are 2pp each and the chomp is only 1pp each.
    Thought it had to be a mistake but got the OH to point them aswell and yep only 1pp. There not huge but great for a chocolate craving if you haven't many points left for the day.

The bag was €2.79 so not that cheap but nice to have in the press for a treat, ww bars something just arnt the same when you need choclate & us ladies need our chocolate every now & again :)

2012-01-31

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

ShindyB wrote: »
    Also meant to say I made the Lasagne from the WW Complete Kitchen Book - AMAZING!!! Everyone cleared it. And with Butternut squash chips it was a feast of a meal!
    lord i've been drooling over the recipes in this book but haven't managed to make the lasagne yet though what i did try was the bread and butter pudding with ham and cheese and it was sooooooo nice, a real treat for a comforting cold day lunch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ladysaint wrote: »
    These have prob been discussed before but picked them up in Aldi tonight.

The Caramel, fudge & cunchie are 2pp each and the chomp is only 1pp each.
    Thought it had to be a mistake but got the OH to point them aswell and yep only 1pp. There not huge but great for a chocolate craving if you haven't many points left for the day.

The bag was €2.79 so not that cheap but nice to have in the press for a treat, ww bars something just arnt the same when you need choclate & us ladies need our chocolate every now & again :)

2012-01-31

NOM!!!! And a bargain points wise. Might pick a bag up this weekend when I do the shopping, but a bit apprehensive as I don't know if I could stop at 1 or 2.... Will have to put half the bag in my drawer in work. Less likely to binge at my desk with colleagues all around me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Confession time :o I had a terrible week. I've been really stressed the last few days which has meant I went completely off the rails foodwise. I booked my sun holiday away with the girls today so I'm determined not to be the only one not able to wear a bikini. I've done out my food plan for the next few weeks and I've scheduled in exercise because that's been my downfall. I went for a good hour walk this evening. I've my WI tomorrow and I wasn't going to bother but Monife you've made me realise I need to accept what it is and move on. I'm expecting at least a 2-3lbs gain. But I'm working for next week and hopefully I'll be back on track. I'm doing it at home so no matter what I'll come on here and post my result :eek:

Sorry for the rant I just needed to get it all down :) Monife your post a while back is inspiring and you seem like you're back on track now. Its great that you have your mum as your support. Hopefully we'll both get closer to goal this year.

Well done to everyone who loss today and yesterday. There's some great numbers there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Also that treat bag looks so good. But I agree with you Monife I honestly think I'd eat the whole bag. I reckon I'd have to give it to my brother and tell him only 1 a day. What am I like :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well done! Keep up the good work. Was reading your blog too - such a good way to keep track of things. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hoping for a pound tomorrow. I'm so close to goal I'm getting impatient though, Would love to hop on the scales tomorrow and be there, but alas it will be 3 weeks I'd say.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hoping for a pound tomorrow. I'm so close to goal I'm getting impatient though, Would love to hop on the scales tomorrow and be there, but alas it will be 3 weeks I'd say.

I'd love to be that close to goal! Stick with it you're nearly there - I got to within 3 pounds and then went off the rails and ended up nearly back where I started! Started out at WW the first time at 12st 7 pounds. Currently 11st 9.5 - goal is 10st 4 pounds. Feels like I'll NEVER get there!

@ Shanna, No problem mrs that's what we're here for! Delighted to hear you're going to go to WI and that you feel like you're getting back on track that's the best way draw a line under it and start a fresh the next day - don't wait until the week is up.

You're not letting anyone down WW wise either, it's natural for the Weightloss to slow down the further we get into this, don't put so much pressure on yourself for 'big' numbers either. And you know something maybe your little blowout will do you the power of good long term as in you needed to break free of the constraints of pointing etc and especially if you felt like you weren't doing WW for yourself. That's the only person who this should matter to.....yourself, if you're heart isn't in it or your head isn't in the game it makes it so much harder and that's why you got bogged down by guilt. I'm hoping that the blowout made you see that actually you do want this and that it was more a case of rebelling against whatever. Onwards and downwards now! :)

I dunno it's weird how so many of us have had some kind of foody/ goody melt down this week. I'm putting it down to this horrible cold weather (i'm always a starvin marvin when it's cold) and of course for me and so many others on here as well TOTM. I'm not usually a fiend for chocolate but this week forget about it it's pretty bad but yet i'm still within my points. I did get out for a run tonight and felt the better for it.

Maggie meant to comment last night and say thank you! Believe it or not I actually did track as I drank :o I'm using iwatcher on my iphone and it's second nature for me to now log everything I eat and drink even when I'm out (i find it more important when I'm out cos it's too easy to 'forget' that last glass of wine or that second Whiskey and diet coke!) It just looks like i'm texting and I feel better for having tracked and it means I'm not stressing about it and can relax with my friends and actually enjoy myself!

Baby thanks a mil for posting about that BASA my god I felt sick reading that, i'm really fussy about my fish so unless i ' know it' I probably wouldn't pick it up but if they're marketing it as a Cod or Haddock alternative i easily could have picked it up unawares so thank you for highlighting it. Needless to say I'll be staying well clear of it.

At least tomorrow is hump day - half way through my points week, I dunno how i'll do at my WI on Saturday I'm not going to stress about it whatever it is it is and I'll have to move on from it either way and get back in the zone. I'm going to have a quiet weekend and think I'll empty the food presses and sort the freezer etc to see what I actually have and then do a few new recipes to keep me focused and eating a variety of different foods - it's so easy to get stuck in a rut eating the same things all the time!

Had my WI and down 1.5 :D Am delighted! Was so very happy to see that on the scales. Have had a total attitude adjustment since last week (when i was disappointed with the same number). I managed to lose 1.5, go out for 2 course dinner twice and have a girly night one night. Bring on the next week :)

Good Luck with everyones WI and well done on the losses so far!

Congratulations :-)

• Advertisement

:D Delighted for you Tiny penguin well done! Nice way of looking at it too ;) it makes you realise this plan is livable and is definitely more of a lifestyle change than a 'diet'. Keep up the great work!

Had my WI and down 1.5 :D Am delighted! Was so very happy to see that on the scales. Have had a total attitude adjustment since last week (when i was disappointed with the same number). I managed to lose 1.5, go out for 2 course dinner twice and have a girly night one night. Bring on the next week :)

Well done hun! im delighted for ya!!!!

onwards and downwards!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Some really fantastic posts over the last few days, have really enjoyed reading them.
    I've had a tough wk this wk too defo putting it down to the weather, i don't seem to have the drive to get out exercising, I'm my own worst enemy. I started my weight loss journey by concentrating on my eating habits & as i got closer to goal i introduced exercise.

For me it was all about my eating that helped me to loose the weight, looking back now i know i would have got to goal much quicker had i exercised more but alas that's the past for me its about the future. Since then i find the exercise brilliant for toning, my shape has totally changed. I always had quite chunky calfs so when i got a compliment over Christmas that my legs looked Fab i was over the moon.

You are all doing great and honestly your posts keep me so motivated. I love all the recipes, tips & encouragement it's like a continuous WW meeting on here.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all. Great reading about all the wi's, well done to those who have lost this wk, to those who are up or sts, do not give up, keep at it, it will show nxt wk.

To the future x

Well done tiny penguin!! Sounds like u had a great week. My treat was kfc this week I I lost 1,5 so shows u can use weeklys

Well done tiny penguin!! Sounds like u had a great week. My treat was kfc this week I I lost 1,5 so shows u can use weeklys

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement