Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    ok so here I am back AGAIN. I am joining ww tomorrow for about the 6th time in the past 10 years!!! I am already setting myself up for failure as everytime I have joined in the past I have lost a stone on average and then given up. Last time I think I only lost 9lbs before falling off the wagon :-(
    I am going to make a promise to myyself that this will be the last time I ever join and that if I don't reach my goal this time I pretty much never will.
    Roll on tomorrow for a fresh start to a new me (hopefully) :-)

WE CAN DO IT!!! I genuinely think the last time you didn't do great was because of our crappy leader and class, this new class will be so much better and we have loads of people on this thread to support us. As MaggieMay said, positivity all the way!!! We have to stop being so negative about ourselves and give ourselves the credit we deserve!! :) Onwards and downwards :D
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    Up 1.5 last night. Its my time of the month so I'm surprised it wasn't more. It was a pretty crap week foodwise too. Planning a low carb week to give me a little kick.

Had a pretty horrible experience today on my way to work. I got myself a bike before Christmas and I cycle to work now. Its not very far but its uphill most of the way there so I can really feel it. I pass a secondary school on my way to work and on my late shifts all the students are heading back from lunch. Anyway today I was coming towards the traffic lights around the corner from my house, on the cycle path, and across the road there were 3 girls about 16 years old. One of them stopped and actually pointed at me and shouted "look at the state of her. FAT BITCH! FAT BITCH!" I was totally shocked but ignored them and crossed at the lights on to their side of the road. The ringleader then decided to yell "THE FAT BITCH IS COMING AFTER US. LEG IT!" So they all ran. Unfortunately I had to go the same way as they were to get to work. I went past them and ignored them and then listened to them roar "FATTY! FATTY!" until I was far enough away that I couldn't hear them anymore.

Now I've had people pass comment on my weight before but jesus, I have never experienced anything like that. I'm still in shock!

OH MY GOD!!!! That is horrible!!! :eek::eek: I think I would have to have given those girls a piece of my mind! Don't mind them, they are obviously seriously immature and must not have much self-esteem if they feel better in mocking other people. That is a disgrace, I feel sorry for their parents (unless they are actually the cause of such ignorance and bad manners). Chin up!! And ignore any negativity! You don't see kids getting on their bikes to go to school these days so fair play to you for cycling to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

@Chinafoot - That's awful....what a pack of total beeatches....

Cycling is such a great way to get around, and a great way to get fit, so you know you're on the right track....

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Now I've had people pass comment on my weight before but jesus, I have never experienced anything like that. I'm still in shock!

You poor poor thing, that is beyond awful. I was called a tellytubby once by kids years ago and it stuck with me so I can't even begin to imagine how much that would have hurt. Like the rest said they are young and immature and don't realise the effects of their words. Think of it this way, you were on a bike and your doing something about it. They could very well be needing WW in a couple of years :) Try and forget as best you can x

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Thanks for the encouragement girls, just gotta get in the right frame of mind before tomorrow :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Up 1.5 last night. Its my time of the month so I'm surprised it wasn't more. It was a pretty crap week foodwise too. Planning a low carb week to give me a little kick.

Had a pretty horrible experience today on my way to work. I got myself a bike before Christmas and I cycle to work now. Its not very far but its uphill most of the way there so I can really feel it. I pass a secondary school on my way to work and on my late shifts all the students are heading back from lunch. Anyway today I was coming towards the traffic lights around the corner from my house, on the cycle path, and across the road there were 3 girls about 16 years old. One of them stopped and actually pointed at me and shouted "look at the state of her. FAT BITCH! FAT BITCH!" I was totally shocked but ignored them and crossed at the lights on to their side of the road. The ringleader then decided to yell "THE FAT BITCH IS COMING AFTER US. LEG IT!" So they all ran. Unfortunately I had to go the same way as they were to get to work. I went past them and ignored them and then listened to them roar "FATTY! FATTY!" until I was far enough away that I couldn't hear them anymore.

OMG I don't know what to say that is aufal and I hope you are ok... xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi Chinafoot -sorry to hear that. That is just horrible, immature little school kids, i know its easier said than done and sometimes those things stick in your mind but try not to let it if you can. Forget about them and their stupid comments and dont let it put you of cycling to work.
    i know its hard tho not to take comments to heart , i remember a few years ago, i would never wear a dress or skirt or anything and finally my friend convinced me to put on a skirt and a person seen me in the skirt and told me my legs were so fat the looked like tree trunks! that must have been 16 years ago and i still remember it :mad: some people are just so cruel with comments they come out with - but just try not to let it upset you

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Little sh1ts!

Ignore them if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

God I missed a lot in the last few hours haha!

Amazing results! Congrats to all who had losses! :-)

Chinafoot, they are an absolute disgrace! They will grow up to be uneducated & a drain on society with an attitude like that! You know you're on the right track. Stick with it girl x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi, need help! I'm on my first week of ww and going well. Planning my meals is great because my big downfall is takeaway when I'm not organised! Anyway I planned to have beef stew tomoro but worked late so didn't get to make it! Anyone got a fool proof fast meal recipe with pp's that I can use tomoro! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Chinafoot - absolutely vicious for you, monsters the lot of them. Don't let their words discourage you in anyway. Good on you for not saying anything to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I'm just going to forget about it. To be honest, its just going to make me more determined to lose the weight. If someone is going to insult me I'd rather they have to use their brain in future because the oh-so-obvious "fat bitch" comment shall no longer apply :)

Hi, need help! I'm on my first week of ww and going well. Planning my meals is great because my big downfall is takeaway when I'm not organised! Anyway I planned to have beef stew tomoro but worked late so didn't get to make it! Anyone got a fool proof fast meal recipe with pp's that I can use tomoro! Thanks :)

One of my favourite quick meals is spicy chicken with cous cous and vegetables.

I do my chicken fillet in the George Forman grill but a normal grill or oven works fine. Get some paprika, cajun and chilli spices and cover the chicken. Pop it in the grill. While thats cooking do the cous cous (60g) and make sure to do it with half a vegetable stock cube, not just water, as it gives it more taste. I add the same spices to the cous cous. Stir fry some veg like peppers and broccoli. Add it altogether and you get a really tasty, filling and quick dinner for 11pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

If you have beef, this might be a good idea. It is from the WW mini series 'Weekdays'. There is no pp on it but it should be easy to calculate.
    photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G0D

Ignore them Chinafoot. You'll have the last laugh. You can lose your weight - they can't lose their ignorance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 meldorg20

god obsession is my word for this thread...dont normally put up posts but said hell id go for it! Im at it now 4 wks (3rd time back to WW) nd im down 10lbs, its goin well enough but having serious ups and downs.....really wanna stay motivated, im aiming for 2stone start weight 13.05 but what happens with me is im picky with food and already getting sick of the same thing. doing loads of excercise, classes mons and weds and walking inbetween but food is definetly the issue! i remember before there was loads of recipes on this, can anyone tell me where to find these or even just different ideas for meals?
    well done on all the weight losses...ye are all very inspiring! compared to my leader ye are much better!! im still thick out i never got silver 7, she seems to have her faves in the class and focuses on them! ok rant over thanks guys

Whoops!Sorry I can't seem to downsize it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks Baby. No rush with it :)

Welcome back Boop. The key to being successful is being in the right frame of mind. If you go in to it expecting to fail, then you will fail. You need to really look at why you're doing this. Make a list of reasons why you don't like being overweight and a list of reasons why you can't wait to lose weight. You can do this if you really want to. We're here to help you with it as well :) We're all in the same boat and it's not easy. I've been at this a year and half and I feel like I'll never get there. But I won't if I don't keep trying.
    G0D wrote: »
    Ignore them Chinafoot. You'll have the last laugh. You can lose your weight - they can't lose their ignorance :)

You took the words right out of my mouth. Chinafoot I had an experience once on holidays where a guy told me to put my legs away :mad: I was shocked and what I learnt was never to let anyone put me down like that again.

meldorg20 wrote: »
    but what happens with me is im picky with food and already getting sick of the same thing. doing loads of excercise, classes mons and weds and walking inbetween but food is definetly the issue! i remember before there was loads of recipes on this, can anyone tell me where to find these or even

You're similar to me. I am a very picky eater and only really eat chicken. I would eat the same type of meals until I get sick of them and then I'd look for an alternative. You should read back through this thread and the old WW thread for meal ideas. Maybe put up the type of foods you eat and people can make suggestions for you. Google recipes and alternate them to low fat versions. Well done on your weight loss so far. You're definitely doing something right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

meldorg20 wrote: »
    god obsession is my word for this thread...dont normally put up posts but said hell id go for it! Im at it now 4 wks (3rd time back to WW) nd im down 10lbs, its goin well enough but having serious ups and downs.....really wanna stay motivated, im aiming for 2stone start weight 13.05 but what happens with me is im picky with food and already getting sick of the same thing. doing loads of excercise, classes mons and weds and walking inbetween but food is definetly the issue! i remember before there was loads of recipes on this, can anyone tell me where to find these or even just different ideas for meals?
    well done on all the weight losses...ye are all very inspiring! compared to my leader ye are much better!! im still thick out i never got silver 7, she seems to have her faves in the class and focuses on them! ok rant over thanks guys

I would ask her for it! ;) at wi or in class put your hand up! does not ask whose due one at some stage!

Chinafoot :mad::mad::mad: such bad form, Karma will get the little ignorant witch in the end! at least you know you will lose the weight! she will always be ignorant and her mouth will get her in serious trouble she will learn the hard way! life not kind to people like her!

I had a eventful evening my self! doing my work out and using my weights for some resistance I was doing some curls or what ever they are called when my 3 year old daughter decided it would be a good idea to run behind me straight in to the weight on the way down ! oh she scared the life out of me! she was holding her head and I saw blood well I was trying to call my hubby !he good with every thing like that and has first aid training! I go in to melt down!!:eek: I was proud of my self I didn't panic kept pressure on it! Hubby had a look and it was a tiny cut she is completely fine now all better! me not so much!!!! mummy guilt a killer! :(

any way I will post that recipe going to get my book and my fruit snack I know its late but I planned it so eating it :)

oh welcome new and old comer's great to have so many lovely people for support!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Aw Chinafoot that is so awful! I cant imagine how I would feel.

Well done everyone on their losses. Everyone is doing so well, its really motivating. I have to say I wish I had this board every other time I tried to lose weight, there is such support here it is brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Theses are Cherry and Lime Cupcakes
    I had no lime or cherries so just left them out and they turned out perfect!
    pp per recipe 40
    15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes cooking
    makes 12 @ 3 PP
    75 g low fat spread
    100g caster sugar
    2 eggs beaten
    1/2 a teaspoon vanillia extract
    100g self raising flour
    finely grated zest and juice of a lime
    60g glace cherries, quartered
    40g icing sugar

12 hole bun tray( smaller and shallower than a muffin tray)
    1, preheat oven gas mark 5, 190 0C/ fan overn170 oC line bun tray with cake cases
    2, place low fat spread and sugar in mixing bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs a little at a time, whisking continuously, then whisk in vanilla.
    Sift over the flour and fold in with lime zest and two thirds of the cherries. Spoon the mixture into the paoer cases bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and springy to touch.Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
    3, mix icing sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of lime juice and sppon over cakes, slice remaing cherries thinly and use to decorate top. can be stored in airtight container for up to 3 days.

I used a natural low cal sugar its lower in cal's but none of the crap in other sweeteners.

I have a lovely pavlova as well if you want will be positing it on my blog tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

@Chinafoot: thank is nothing less than disgusting the way you were shouted at I was bullied as a child and it will always stay with me! I think I'l always be trying to improve myself but sure isn't that better than letting the little sh*t get you down! Keep on smiling you are better than then them!!

On day two of ww Australia doing good just find I'l be using the pp book all week trying to learn the new pp but sure isn't that better than not pointing at all!

When I started ww proper in 2008 I was 15st 0.5lb (95.5kg) got down to 10st 13lb (69.5kg) in 2009. Now starting again over here I start at 79.9kg ( 12st 8)! You know what writing that down really shows me how well I have done and even I'm Going backwards its still in the right direction! I want to get to 10st 10 or so an see where my body balances!!

It's kilos over here so still getting used to it :-) well done on all losses sorry bout long post I think I just need to see that written down will keep me going :-)

Bet of luck with WIs tomorrow x

• Advertisement

I keep some Amoy straight to wok singapore noodles (6PP) in the press and stir fry veg in the freezer. You can stir fry what ever meat you have and when browned throw in the veg, some soy sauce and spices or fresh garlic and ginger and then throw in the noodles, ready in 10 - 15 minutes (including preparation) :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog West Wing! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hi folks... wondering if you could help???

Am trying to point these biscuits. They come in a pack of 3. I am working them out at 1pp each which means the pack is 3pp... seems a bit excessive for how much is in it...

Hey, found this on tuesday night and was shocked to discover its only 12pp

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/asda-compare-prices/other_international_cuisine/the_city_kitchen_king_prawn_red_thai_curry_385g.html?showswitchsmbar=3

I'm not a big ready meal eater I swear, but after WW its so late - and if i havent got something homemade in the freezer then I find things like this handy to have. This one is really good ingredients wise. I havent pointed the other ones in the range but I'd say some would be equally as good.

For this I had some waterchesnuts and bamboo shoots in the fridge from my stir fry the night before so I threw a few in before microwaving and it was lovely! Was like getting a thai takeaway to be honest - just with a realisting portion size

Very proud of me avoided my fav jellies watching a movie tonight! Had a ww cookie crisp bar! Yay! The oh ate the whole bag! Bit his hips won't ever see it :-/

Very proud of me avoided my fav jellies watching a movie tonight! Had a ww cookie crisp bar! Yay! The oh ate the whole bag! Bit his hips won't ever see it :-/

I love that... finding something else to fill the craving... I am still delighted with my WW tortillas and low low cheese dips.... Sooooo nice and sooooo low.... :D

And I have the OH eating most of the bags of things like the baked cheese puffs from aldi and leaving me only 2 handfuls so I can point them at 2pp per hand....

Very handy! :D

ali85 wrote: »

I love that... finding something else to fill the craving... I am still delighted with my WW tortillas and low low cheese dips.... Sooooo nice and sooooo low.... :D

And I have the OH eating most of the bags of things like the baked cheese puffs from aldi and leaving me only 2 handfuls so I can point them at 2pp per hand....

Very handy! :D

Indeed!! My oh eats like a horse and hasn't got any sort of weight problem he's is mad into the gym and weight lifting so he eats well to increase in size I eat well to shrink haha!! He jus loves the sweets too!! I'm like do you no how pp are in that!! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

OMG Operation Transformation Last night... I wanted to hit Dr. Eva... I was shouting and ranting all sorts at the tv when she was giving out to the girl who lost 1.5lb despite been constipated and on TOTM...

Oh no....I just realised that last week I pointed a wrap I have been eating every day in work for lunch wrong. I pointed the per 100g column instead of the per pack column (rookie mistake I know). So instead of the 5pp i thought it was, it is really 11 :( I have no idea going by that how I lost 1.5lbs this week and am really worried it will show next week! So gonna up my exercise for the rest of the week and be super good about weeklies. Have no nights out planned so hopefully wont have to use too many! Am gutted cos I thought I was doing so bloody well

• Advertisement

OMG Operation Transformation Last night... I wanted to hit Dr. Eva... I was shouting and ranting all sorts at the tv when she was giving out to the girl who lost 1.5lb despite been constipated and on TOTM...

Followed it last yr and she was the sane!! In my eyes that's a good loss! Not fair having that added pressure the journey is hard enough as it is!!

Oh no....I just realised that last week I pointed a wrap I have been eating every day in work for lunch wrong. I pointed the per 100g column instead of the per pack column (rookie mistake I know). So instead of the 5pp i thought it was, it is really 11 :( I have no idea going by that how I lost 1.5lbs this week and am really worried it will show next week! So gonna up my exercise for the rest of the week and be super good about weeklies. Have no nights out planned so hopefully wont have to use too many! Am gutted cos I thought I was doing so bloody well

Oh nitemare Tiny! But... You were down! So hopefully you would have done better having not had them perhaps, and will do great next week too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TylersHo

@Chinafoot: I actually cannot believe how awful those girls where you should go into the school and complain its awful to think they can act like that and be so ignorant clearly they need a lesson in common decency.
    @Baileypants that apple crumble looks amazing how did you make it?
    Well I had a pretty crap week food wise it started off good but I went away for the weekend and was eating well but the drink was a curse I ended up having a sneaky kebab and then on Monday a snack box :mad:. I had my WI today and my weight has stayed the same so im back on track this week need to keep focused and curve my cravings!!! :)

TylersHo wrote: »
    @Chinafoot: I actually cannot believe how awful those girls where you should go into the school and complain its awful to think they can act like that and be so ignorant clearly they need a lesson in common decency.
    Well I had a pretty crap week food wise it started off good but I went away for the weekend and was eating well but the drink was a curse I ended up having a sneaky kebab and then on Monday a snack box :mad:. I had my WI today and my weight has stayed the same so im back on track this week need to keep focused and curve my cravings!!! :)

Ah stop... I lost 1.5lb this week and was really happy, but like you I went off the wall and had a KFC on Saturday... all I was thinking last night was maybe...just maybe if I hadn't eaten that bloody KFC or eating that ENTIRE bag of microwave popcorn I could have got my 5% this week.... alas... as it stands I am 1lb away from that and 5.5lb from my first stone... but I'm chipping away...

When I was on WW before I used to be raging with myself if I only lost 1lb or 0.5lb.... like it was a waste of a week but now I am just thinking that if i lose 1lb a week in 14 weeks I will have lost a stone and in less than a year I will have my goal.... after 26 years of putting weight on it really gets me motivated to think, this time next year it will all be gone. I have never felt this good about it....

I know exactly what you mean Its really difficult to not eat the take aways especially when you are with people who want one. I just really dont want to keep quitting and then getting upset a few weeks later about my weight and starting the process all over again so i just have to get used to having alternative substitutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Just wondering has anyone any nice low pp soup recipes, I remember someone mentioning a cauliflower soup, if ye wouldn't mind sharing the recipes I'd be delighted!! Anytime I make a veg soup it doesn't turn out great, I don't like d butternut squash soup! Down 1.5 last night, half a pound more to go to having lost a stone and a half!! Bring it on:-) x

• Advertisement

Just wondering has anyone any nice low pp soup recipes, I remember someone mentioning a cauliflower soup, if ye wouldn't mind sharing the recipes I'd be delighted!! Anytime I make a veg soup it doesn't turn out great, I don't like d butternut squash soup! Down 1.5 last night, half a pound more to go to having lost a stone and a half!! Bring it on:-) x

Hey Audi, I'm the same! My mixed veg soup turn out very boring I find. No I still have it everyday for my lunch in work to keep the points down. But would really like some tried and tested TASTY soups, even if they are 1 or 2 points per portions, I rather spend that on flavour, than 0 on blandness.

I made cauliflower soup for the first time this week funnily enough. It was nice enough I have to say, but I put loads of black pepper in it, which I love! Just in case you wanna try it. :D

Sautee an onion, a carrot, 2 sticks of celery and some garlic (if you like garlic) in some spray oil, or a tbsp olive oil for 1pp which I did. Then add a litre of chicken or veg stock and a head of cauliflower chopped up. I added a tbsp of mixed herbs for 1pp and a rake of salt and pepper. Then after 20mins of simmering blend. I added a half pint of slimline milk when blending to add creamyness for 2pp. Per portion worked out as 5 portions for 0pp each. Now they're small portions, so you could have 4 portions for 1pp each etc. ;)

I know exactly what you mean Its really difficult to not eat the take aways especially when you are with people who want one. I just really dont want to keep quitting and then getting upset a few weeks later about my weight and starting the process all over again so i just have to get used to having alternative substitutes :)

You can have your favorite take away - just at home. Find your favorite recipe online and make healthier substitutions for cream etc, point it and make your own. You'll feel so proud of yourself and have such a sense of achievement after you do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Folks a possible solution to our eating out problem could well be on the way :) They're considering putting the calories on the menus in restaurants. There's a survey you can fill in to give your view. One of the last question is what other info would you like and you can tick fat, protein etc.
    Here's the link to the survey

http://survey.fsai.ie/fs.aspx?surveyid=014b4a44f154104bce2a1fc624c1543

ali85 wrote: »
    Ah stop... I lost 1.5lb this week and was really happy, but like you I went off the wall and had a KFC on Saturday... all I was thinking last night was maybe...just maybe if I hadn't eaten that bloody KFC or eating that ENTIRE bag of microwave popcorn I could have got my 5% this week.... alas... as it stands I am 1lb away from that and 5.5lb from my first stone... but I'm chipping away...

When I was on WW before I used to be raging with myself if I only lost 1lb or 0.5lb.... like it was a waste of a week but now I am just thinking that if i lose 1lb a week in 14 weeks I will have lost a stone and in less than a year I will have my goal.... after 26 years of putting weight on it really gets me motivated to think, this time next year it will all be gone. I have never felt this good about it....

By Jaysus Ali, if I don't lose a half a lb to nite & get my sliver seven I'll loose it!! :eek:

Now it'll be my own fault if I don't get it. I went over my weeklies by about 10 at the weekend, but I'm sure I made up for it during the days since. So looking at it over the week I should be fine, but I'm just not feeling it :(

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Folks a possible solution to our eating out problem could well be on the way :) They're considering putting the calories on the menus in restaurants. There's a survey you can fill in to give your view. One of the last question is what other info would you like and you can tick fat, protein etc.
    Here's the link to the survey

http://survey.fsai.ie/fs.aspx?surveyid=014b4a44f154104bce2a1fc624c1543

Or we could have one of those supper clubs or pot luck dinners they have in the States! Eating out - sorted! Haha :D

• Advertisement

Carrot and corriander is really easy and 0pp - saute some onions and garlic with a tsp corriander seeds in spray oil. Add chopped carrots and saute for a couple mins and then add veg or chicken stock. Simmer til the veg is very soft and then blend with some roughly chopped fresh corriander and salt and pepper to taste! Its delicious!

Hi Tyler! Well this would certainly curb your cravings if you know you can look forward to it later on, well that's what I find.

Very easy & soooo tasty. I posted it on my blog below. Well worth it. Enjoy ;-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/01/nicest-thing-i-ever-ate.html

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all can anyone tell me what is the most filling but low point brown bread?? Love it for lunch!

Thanks

Down 1.5lb at WI :) Happy with that as only exercised twice. Must do more this week :)

Monife wrote: »
    Down 1.5lb at WI :) Happy with that as only exercised twice. Must do more this week :)
    That's great! Congrats!

@Baileypants this actually looks so yum think I mite try it out tonight thanks a million ill let ya know how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Just started WW today, so thankful to have this thread for extra support outside the class times. Finding the new system very very confusing but Im determined to give it a good go.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Thanks Bailey and tiny penguin , will b trying both soups, I don't mind using a few pp on soup if it's tasty! Nice to mix up lunch a bit, getting bored of having d same old pittas etc!!:-) anymore recipes keep them coming xx

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Soup

Hey tried a new soup lately. It was posted here originally by someone else, if you know who you are shout! But oh my god it's gorgeous especially on a cold day. It sounds mental but trust me.

Chorizo and Bean Soup: Full recipe is about 16pp so 4 portions is 4 but it's almost a lunch!
    So I like to leave it chunky so it's almost like a stew so there's eating in it ya dig. Chop a couple of onions, a few carrots, celery and fry off in some spray oil for about 5 mins. I then add 60 g of diced chorizo, small bits and add that, couple of cloves of garlic and a little chilli for a kick.
    Then salt and pepper and I like to add some cumin and mixed herbs (really whatever you have to hand) Then I add a tin of baked beans and then some veg stock. A pint or a bit more you will know yourself while making it. Simmer for 10 mins and voila.

Sounds odd but it is GORGEOUS! I've done it before and added a red pepper/mushroom/corgette. Whatever veg you like and dice it all up. So rather than blending you have a chunky soup. I sent the OH to work with it last week and he actually bothered to text to tell me how good it was. Bless!

Hi all can anyone tell me what is the most filling but low point brown bread?? Love it for lunch!

Thanks

A few different leaders have said the Simply Better Granary bread from Dunnes ;-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement