Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Bernso wrote: »
    Thanks doll! I'll keep ye posted. Deffo try having the protein thing after running. Ran outside this week as opposed to the gym and it was waaay tougher and harder on my legs. That's why I was convinced I'd have a loss but to be up was like a kick in the face:mad:
    Hopefully next week I'll have my moment!!

Just in relation to your unsupportive leader that sucks big time.
    Where is the "Mary" leader located that you guys rate so well? I'm in Dublin and really think a good leader can get you over them hurdles easily.
    May give her a go. Have a lovely weekend!:)

Hope it does after all the hard work of running you deserve to see a loss, take out the measureing tape as well take measurements, also get a salter weighing scales, that shows body fat and water % sometimes it can be water related and if you can see that on the scales it can help you feel a bit better. that was recomneded to me when I had a similar out come after upping my exercise!

Mary in Clondalkin I used to go on a wednesday night between 7 and 8 she does more classes than that though! :)

You to, think its going to be a cold one though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Baby75 wrote: »
    Thats great loss hope you find the tape measure before you get another one!!
    My leader is terrible, not sure if you seen my wi disaster post from yesterday, lets just say she is not very supportive, I love Mary as well, she is my old leader, I love how she makes it her business to get to know you and she remembers every thing about you as well, I was with her when I had my 3rd baby and was feeding him and she never forgot and helped me lose a lot of weight then I moved to Australia and now live out side of Dublin I would nearly drive to her if she was closer LOL
    My friend wants to join and Thursday morning was so handy, going to see how she feel about going on a Wednesday instead smile.gif

Lucky for me I do not get my motivation to lose weight from my ww leader, I am so determined to lose all my weight sick of carrying it around and do not want to get diabetes and I will if I do nothing. plus this thread is my class

don't forget Baby that even if your leader hasnt got your back we all do here! and will be here for you throughout your ww journey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

They say the last few pounds are the most difficult to come down. Lots of people say they find the last 7 take 3 times as long as the rest. My goal years ago was 10st too and I spent about 2 years going up and down between 10st10 and 10st2 and never hit the 10st. (i did lose heart a few times which didnt help). The best thing to do is stick with it.

I'm thinking this is me! I'm about 7 pounts away from my goal and just cannot seem to shift any weight the past month (either STS or went up). I'm trying to vary my foods from what I'd normally eat, this week and drinkng more water.. Fingers crossed it'll work, I'd be delighted with even the tiniest loss at this stage!

Taz1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking this is me! I'm about 7 pounts away from my goal and just cannot seem to shift any weight the past month (either STS or went up). I'm trying to vary my foods from what I'd normally eat, this week and drinkng more water.. Fingers crossed it'll work, I'd be delighted with even the tiniest loss at this stage!

I'm 11.5lb from goal and struggling but i know I will keep at it, I'm going to be eating ww style for ever is the way i see it so it dosnt matter how long i take..

This week I have been having a protein breakfast instead of my usual cereal and yugurt and back weighing and measuring everything, drinking my gallons of water and trying to move about a bit more the first stone took me a few weeks, the second a few months (still 0.5lb to go) and the next nearly stone i'm expecting a few months to. i am aiming for 1lb a week

I'm 11.5lb from goal and struggling but i know I will keep at it, I'm going to be eating ww style for ever is the way i see it so it dosnt matter how long i take..

This week I have been having a protein breakfast instead of my usual cereal and yugurt and back weighing and measuring everything, drinking my gallons of water and trying to move about a bit more the first stone took me a few weeks, the second a few months (still 0.5lb to go) and the next nearly stone i'm expecting a few months to. i am aiming for 1lb a week

Yeah I've changed my breakfast too. I used to always have a slice of buttered toast with sliced banana on top, but this week I'm having 2 weetabix with a quarter pint of milk - hoping it'll help! Glad to know that its normal though, and that I'm not doing something wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Glad to here it's not just me gals.
    deffo gonna try sommet different and see what happens.
    Committed to the running though as I know it's good for me longterm.

Bernso wrote: »
    Glad to here it's not just me gals.
    deffo gonna try sommet different and see what happens.
    Committed to the running though as I know it's good for me longterm.

Definately isn't just you! I love getting out for a run too, I dont get out as much as I'd like to though!

don't forget Baby that even if your leader hasnt got your back we all do here! and will be here for you throughout your ww journey!!

Ahh thanks Lisa this thread keeps me going be lost with out it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

When I make cheese toasties I only ever use 20g low fat cheddar, rather than the 40g pointed @ 3pp..
    I'm just wondering if I should put the 20g as 2pp or 3pp??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    When I make cheese toasties I only ever use 20g low fat cheddar, rather than the 40g pointed @ 3pp..
    I'm just wondering if I should put the 20g as 2pp or 3pp??

Is it 40g at 3pp as pointed on the packet or as per the purple book?

I know a lot of low fat cheeses are 2pp for 30g when you point from the nutritional info. I would say try point based on teh packet of the cheese you use - but otherwise 2pp for 20g should be safe enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Just had the choc philli, its yummy :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

I'm a bit the same. Thinking of trying it one day next week and seeing how I get on. Haven't done it before mind you, so let me know how you get on if you try it first ;)

decided to give it a go today, going really well, i have to say, had my porridge and rasberries for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and just waiting for my potato to finish baking now so i can have some tuna and mayo on it, using one of my weeklies for the mayo, bought loads of fruit yesterday so im sorted for the late night muchies:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Tiny, you could do what my old leader recommended. Either use a belt or a long piece of wool string. Use it as a guide and mark on the belt or put a knot in the piece of string. Last time I did it it was great being able to see a little row of knots and seeing what you came down. Easiest with your waist and hips as for the rest I dunno. Might save you buying a new tape :)

Thats a great tip - So simple too! Wish I had thought of it! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Baby75 wrote: »
    Hope it does after all the hard work of running you deserve to see a loss, take out the measureing tape as well take measurements, also get a salter weighing scales, that shows body fat and water % sometimes it can be water related and if you can see that on the scales it can help you feel a bit better. that was recomneded to me when I had a similar out come after upping my exercise!

Mary in Clondalkin I used to go on a wednesday night between 7 and 8 she does more classes than that though! :)

You to, think its going to be a cold one though!

Mary in Clondalkin is my leader. She is in St. John's School in the middle of the village, right beside the round tower. She has 5 classes on a Wednesday.... Think the latest 1 is at 8 or 8:30... she is really good. She commented this week that half of the 6:30 class that were present for the meeting were gold members... that is an incentive in itself. She has been a leader for 20 years (there's a certificate up in the room :D ) she keeps in contact with people, if that's your thing, via email or text and also has a recipe corner.

She talks like a normal person too... rather than just spewing bull trying to force WW products down your neck... She tells you when she has a bad day or week. I have had leaders in the past that are just unbelievable... spouting about how you should eat this and should eat that, you should be losing more than you are.... blah blah blah... Mary has been the best leader I have come across..and i have tried and failed on many an occasion with plenty of different leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosmarius

Hi I got an old receipe off this thread (from Lainey I think). Receipe was for Banana bran muffins and contained both bicarbonate soda and baking soda. I am very confused!! In my cupboard I have bread soda and baking powder, between the 4 of these are any the same thing?? I have googled but still confused as to what is what. Can someone help please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Rosmarius wrote: »
    Hi I got an old receipe off this thread (from Lainey I think). Receipe was for Banana bran muffins and contained both bicarbonate soda and baking soda. I am very confused!! In my cupboard I have bread soda and baking powder, between the 4 of these are any the same thing?? I have googled but still confused as to what is what. Can someone help please :)

I have encountered the same thing - I know for definite that bicarbonate of soda is bread soda. So I'm guessing that baking soda is baking powder but I am open to correction on this! Happy Baking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

DH was home late this eve so missed my zumba class but did 70mins on the zumba game for Wii so feel great!! Woohoo!!! Roll on tuesday wi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Yep bicarbonate soda is bread/baking soda and baking powder is baking powder. I've made these loads of times and you need both of what you have. Baking soda makes the bubbles for rising the muffins and the baking powder does the same but helps dry them out. I'm a baking nerd sorry! I think the recipe requires a tsp and a half of each which gave mine a very strong taste of each so I cut it back to a tsp of each. It's a case of trial and error....

Eh there yum! Enjoy. Hmmm I think I need to do some soon....

Yep bicarbonate soda is bread/baking soda and baking powder is baking powder. I've made these loads of times and you need both of what you have. Baking soda makes the bubbles for rising the muffins and the baking powder does the same but helps dry them out. I'm a baking nerd sorry! I think the recipe requires a tsp and a half of each which gave mine a very strong taste of each so I cut it back to a tsp of each. It's a case of trial and error....

Eh there yum! Enjoy. Hmmm I think I need to do some soon....

Thanks a mill, I must have spent half an hour in the baking section of tesco this evening and could not figure it out!!! The version I have says 1 tsp of each so I'll give that a go. It also has 40g soft brown sugar and 20g splenda so each muffin is 3pp - is this what you have?
    Have you made with bananas or fruit?
    That's the last ingredient I have to but now so just have to decide which :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Thanks a mill, I must have spent half an hour in the baking section of tesco this evening and could not figure it out!!! The version I have says 1 tsp of each so I'll give that a go. It also has 40g soft brown sugar and 20g splenda so each muffin is 3pp - is this what you have?

Yep! I didn't bother with the splenda when I was doing them as the brown sugar and bananas were enough for sweetness, but thats me as I don't like it. I've done them with chopped tinned pears/chopped apples and berries (chopped small) but with bananas I've always used 2, very ripe and well masked and mixed in with wet ingredients to break em up. Have to stop making me hungry :)

• Advertisement

Yep! I didn't bother with the splenda when I was doing them as the brown sugar and bananas were enough for sweetness, but thats me as I don't like it. I've done them with chopped tinned pears/chopped apples and berries (chopped small) but with bananas I've always used 2, very ripe and well masked and mixed in with wet ingredients to break em up. Have to stop making me hungry :)

I thought using the splenda made the muffins 3pp each (40g brown sugar and 20g splenda). I thought if it was all brown sugar (60g) they would be 4pp each. Is this not right??

Sorry for all the questions, I am a longterm weightwatcher but never baked accoring to it before :)

I am always a bit nervous of bananas since the changeover to PP, I might try berries instead.

Just updated the aul blog.... still can't get the pics to show... but sure what can you do!!! :D:D

Im still only getting to grips with it....

http://alibx.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just dropped my friend home after skinny girly night....started off with kettlebell class(how mad r we right!!!lol) I'm not even sore after it(thank god cause after the 1st 2 I was in agony 4 days so FX I'm ok in the morn) came home and made a HUGE delisg chicken stir fry wit half a tonne of veg, some lime ginger garlic and soy sauce and had it wit the amoy straight to wok udon noodles...5pp 4 each portion!! It was soooo yummy and filling and then had 7pp worth of manhattan popcorn and a snackajacks mix while watchin dirty dancing!!! And I didn't even dip into my weeklys which on a fri night I normally would!! I'm soo happy!! Can't wait 4 my F&H days 2morro and sunday!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was wondering if anyone could answer a q for me. I've hit yet another plateau as I've STS for the last 3 weeks. So to try and get the weight moving again I've done out an exercise regime which will basically involve a mix of Davina DVDs and walking each day for the next 2 weeks. On the food side I've decided to do the kickstart plan for 1 week and the Wendy plan for a second week. Does anyone know how to balance the exercise with the plans so as not to be under eating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could answer a q for me. I've hit yet another plateau as I've STS for the last 3 weeks. So to try and get the weight moving again I've done out an exercise regime which will basically involve a mix of Davina DVDs and walking each day for the next 2 weeks. On the food side I've decided to do the kickstart plan for 1 week and the Wendy plan for a second week. Does anyone know how to balance the exercise with the plans so as not to be under eating?

Sorry I can't answer your question, but was wondering, what are the kickstart and Wendy plans? Are they WW plans? Without knowing anything about the plans, I would say to make sure you eat your daily PP and if you work up anything over 15PP of exercise PP per week, to eat a few of your weeklies (that advice could be completely pointless if those plans don't include PP or weeklies, sorry).

Tried the choc philly for the first time tonight. Om nom nom nom!!! And you get LOADS in the mini tubs for 2PP. I only used half a mini tub spread on 2 rich tea biccies, really felt bold eating it :D

Monife wrote: »
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but was wondering, what are the kickstart and Wendy plans? Are they WW plans? Without knowing anything about the plans, I would say to make sure you eat your daily PP and if you work up anything over 15PP of exercise PP per week, to eat a few of your weeklies (that advice could be completely pointless if those plans don't include PP or weeklies, sorry).

Thanks for the reply. I gave up on propoints before Christmas as it wasn't working for me. I went back to the old plan which did work initially as I lost 5lbs over 4 weeks but since then it's been STS. The kickstart plan is from the old plan where you reduce your points intake for a week. I think it would have the same effect as healthy and filling on the propoints.

The wendy plan isn't an official WW plan but a woman who plateaued came up with it and it has proved popular for breaking the difficult barriers. You eat the same amount of points over the week but eat a different amount each day so as to shock your body and to get your metabolism going again. There is one for the old plan and one for propoints. The backgroubd is here http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm This is the breakdown for propoints. You use all your standard daily propints as usual but distribute the weeklies as per below:

Day 1 +2
    Day 2 +8
    Day 3 +3
    Day 4 +18
    Day 5 +2
    Day 6 +9
    Day 7 +7

I have no idea if it works but I have heard good things so I'm going to give them a go. Do kickstart this week and Wendy next week and I'll let you know how I get on. My only worry like I said is exercise but I might take it each day and maybe add extra protein if I feel I need it.

Also is it ok to use frozen fruit or does it need to be fresh??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Hi all
    Im in my 1st week of WW, im supposed to be eating 37 points a day, but can never get as far as 30. Will this be a problem?
    Also about my weeklies, I really dont see where I will use them? Im being good having my 3 meals and Im not goin out this weekend. I feel if I use the weeklies Ill be stopping myself from losing. Can some 1 advise me if u can.. thanks guys

sue z wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im in my 1st week of WW, im supposed to be eating 37 points a day, but can never get as far as 30. Will this be a problem?
    Also about my weeklies, I really dont see where I will use them? Im being good having my 3 meals and Im not goin out this weekend. I feel if I use the weeklies Ill be stopping myself from losing. Can some 1 advise me if u can.. thanks guys

Yes, it will be a problem, if not now, further along in your WW journey. Leaders recommend you to eat ALL of your dailies, the weeklies are optional. If you don't eat your set amount (minus maybe 2 or 3 the odd time), your body could think you are not giving it enough food/nutrients and rather than burning fat, it will store it/hang on to it. If you are finding it hard because you are eating so much healthier, try adding in more protein to meals or some avocado to salads or a little bit of pasta. Try using full fat butter and milk (these are not our enemies if used in moderation, they are actually better for you than low fat things as low fat things have a lot of additives). If you are only eating 30 odd PP now and when you do lose weight and your PP reduces, you will find further down the line that you will hit a major plateau as your body is used to the calories you are taking in and therefore it will be like you are maintaining.

With regards to the weeklies, they are optional. Some people find if they eat less of them the lose more and some people find if they eat more of them they lose more. It is different for everybody as all of our bodies work in different ways. If you are exercising a lot (say earning over 20PP of exercise points) and if you do hit a plateau, it might be advisable to eat some of your weeklies at that stage. Also, we all can't be perfect all the time. You are having your 3 meals a day now and not going out at the weekend, but there will come a time that you would like to go out for a meal or get a takeaway or go to the pub or even have a few drinks at home (if you drink), and then you will be glad of the weeklies.

Best of luck on your WW journey (sorry for the long post) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Was in the gym this morning so got that out of the way thank God! Studying for the rest of the day now, salmon and veggies on menu for dinner today.

Doing that chicken shake in the bag thingie for dinner tomorrow. How many pp are in it? Having the mediterranean one I think?

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :D

• Advertisement

sue z wrote: »
    Hi all

+1 on everything Monife said... your body will most likely hold onto fat as you "eat less, move more" :) If you are struggling to use your dailies just bulk up... add cheese to things, real butter, full fat milk and as your dailies reduce just substitute them for the lower fat version. Also try using fruit and veg that have pp in them like parsnips, potatoes, beans etc... Sweet potato is something i use when i want to bulk up a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Went for a walk this morning. I hadn't originally planned on doing any exercise, but then my housemate was like 'come on, it's a beautiful day, let's do it!' So with his motivation I went. I was glad I went with him as he pushed me to go further then I normally would go and made me take the stairs to our third floor apartment at the end of the walk. Usually I would have been like 'I'm knackered, I'm taking the lift!' So that's put me in a good mood!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I gave up on propoints before Christmas as it wasn't working for me. I went back to the old plan which did work initially as I lost 5lbs over 4 weeks but since then it's been STS. The kickstart plan is from the old plan where you reduce your points intake for a week. I think it would have the same effect as healthy and filling on the propoints.

The wendy plan isn't an official WW plan but a woman who plateaued came up with it and it has proved popular for breaking the difficult barriers. You eat the same amount of points over the week but eat a different amount each day so as to shock your body and to get your metabolism going again. There is one for the old plan and one for propoints. The backgroubd is here http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm This is the breakdown for propoints. You use all your standard daily propints as usual but distribute the weeklies as per below:

Day 1 +2
    Day 2 +8
    Day 3 +3
    Day 4 +18
    Day 5 +2
    Day 6 +9
    Day 7 +7

I have no idea if it works but I have heard good things so I'm going to give them a go. Do kickstart this week and Wendy next week and I'll let you know how I get on. My only worry like I said is exercise but I might take it each day and maybe add extra protein if I feel I need it.

From reading loads on wendy as I am quite interested in it, a lot of people say you need to do it for two or 3 weeks to see the true benifits and results as your body adjusts

ShindyB wrote: »
    Was in the gym this morning so got that out of the way thank God! Studying for the rest of the day now, salmon and veggies on menu for dinner today.

Doing that chicken shake in the bag thingie for dinner tomorrow. How many pp are in it? Having the mediterranean one I think?

Hope everyone's having a good weekend! :D

there are around 2pp or 3pp in each bag, I dont really count them as it makes so much and we wouldnt be eating all the juice and also divide the portion in 4 so Id say just point it as 1pp per portion if you want to be safe :)

Does 2 hours of cleaning, that makes you break into a sweat, count as activity? Just finished cleaning the whole apartment, skirting boards and everything. Going to walk up to Lidl in a mo to get a few things (it's only 2km round trip) but sooo not in the mood to go for a proper walk today.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Hi all! Anyone know the lowest frozen chips from Aldi?! Doing my shopping at the mo! ;-)

Does anyone know which brand/type or rice cakes ya can get 2 of for 1pp? Or are there ones that you can get 3 of for 2pp?

Taz1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which brand/type or rice cakes ya can get 2 of for 1pp? Or are there ones that you can get 3 of for 2pp?

Rice cakes are generally 3 for 2PP. I use the Tesco lightly salted ones. Great value PP wise I think if you need a quick snack, bit of philly and tomatoe nom nom

Rice cakes are generally 3 for 2PP. I use the Tesco lightly salted ones. Great value PP wise I think if you need a quick snack, bit of philly and tomatoe nom nom

Ah ok thanks, I have a standard brand of ones at the moment but they pointed at 1pp per rice cake so I wasn't sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just back from a lovely afternoon out wit my mum, parked in the town car park, went for a nice 30min walk round the park, walked into the town for a cup of coffee and then walked to lidl for a fee bits and walked back to the car again!!! Feel really good after it, hence treating ourselves to a smal slice of carrot cake(1piece shared) i even scraped off most of the icing!! It was uber scrummy, gave it 5pp..it was less than an inch high, bout half an inch wide(after we havled it) and bout 3inches long (it was a long finger slice origionally) and like i saidni scraped off the icing!!!

Just pointed these as we are gettin pizza this evening.... 9pp for all the 7inch ones that have real chicken... i didnt point the ones with quorn coz i think thats muck! :D

thats me sorted for the evening.... :D

Had a lovely brunch this morning of just 9pp.... so i will still have some extras if i fancy something alongside my pizza... might stick some homemade wedgies in the oven and make up some light garlic mayo... :D

im not doing too well exercise wise though, am losing the motivation for exercise.... was on the wii fit plus for an hour last night, but most of that was moderate stuff... have to buck up my ideas! :D

got a great boost there a while ago, was in my old local shop and my old neighbour was there and I haven't seen her since the new year, she kept commenting on how well i look and how much weight i have lost.... real boost to the self esteem!!! now to start seeing it in myself... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Does 2 hours of cleaning, that makes you break into a sweat, count as activity? Just finished cleaning the whole apartment, skirting boards and everything. Going to walk up to Lidl in a mo to get a few things (it's only 2km round trip) but sooo not in the mood to go for a proper walk today.

Id defo count that! Activity points arent always about the gym, I walked to the hairdressers today 5miles in total, saved me stressing about getting a parking spot. Was such a nice day and I was nattering on the phone catching up while I walked. Bonus is ive points earned towards a nice dessert I will enjoy later.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

ali85 wrote: »
    Just pointed these as we are gettin pizza this evening.... 9pp for all the 7inch ones that have real chicken... i didnt point the ones with quorn coz i think thats muck! :D

thats me sorted for the evening.... :D

Had a lovely brunch this morning of just 9pp.... so i will still have some extras if i fancy something alongside my pizza... might stick some homemade wedgies in the oven and make up some light garlic mayo... :D

im not doing too well exercise wise though, am losing the motivation for exercise.... was on the wii fit plus for an hour last night, but most of that was moderate stuff... have to buck up my ideas! :D

got a great boost there a while ago, was in my old local shop and my old neighbour was there and I haven't seen her since the new year, she kept commenting on how well i look and how much weight i have lost.... real boost to the self esteem!!! now to start seeing it in myself... :D

Dont loose the motivation, mix it up a bit! I find when I can keep the exercise interesting, like walking with a friend or Im on a mission (like today) its much easier to do. Keep at it, cos those compliments will just keep coming at ya!

Omg, skinny pizza sounds fab, my leader was telling us how to make ones out of a wrap using passata and light mozzarella but sometimes takeaway is just what you want....will be trying those out!

hollee wrote: »
    Dont loose the motivation, mix it up a bit! I find when I can keep the exercise interesting, like walking with a friend or Im on a mission (like today) its much easier to do. Keep at it, cos those compliments will just keep coming at ya!

Omg, skinny pizza sounds fab, my leader was telling us how to make ones out of a wrap using passata and light mozzarella but sometimes takeaway is just what you want....will be trying those out!

yea our leader was talking about that as well... making them out of tortilla wraps... just dying to find out what the four star pizza stuff tastes like.... :D

I will let yas know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Yes, it will be a problem, if not now, further along in your WW journey. Leaders recommend you to eat ALL of your dailies, the weeklies are optional. If you don't eat your set amount (minus maybe 2 or 3 the odd time), your body could think you are not giving it enough food/nutrients and rather than burning fat, it will store it/hang on to it. If you are finding it hard because you are eating so much healthier, try adding in more protein to meals or some avocado to salads or a little bit of pasta. Try using full fat butter and milk (these are not our enemies if used in moderation, they are actually better for you than low fat things as low fat things have a lot of additives). If you are only eating 30 odd PP now and when you do lose weight and your PP reduces, you will find further down the line that you will hit a major plateau as your body is used to the calories you are taking in and therefore it will be like you are maintaining.

With regards to the weeklies, they are optional. Some people find if they eat less of them the lose more and some people find if they eat more of them they lose more. It is different for everybody as all of our bodies work in different ways. If you are exercising a lot (say earning over 20PP of exercise points) and if you do hit a plateau, it might be advisable to eat some of your weeklies at that stage. Also, we all can't be perfect all the time. You are having your 3 meals a day now and not going out at the weekend, but there will come a time that you would like to go out for a meal or get a takeaway or go to the pub or even have a few drinks at home (if you drink), and then you will be glad of the weeklies.

Best of luck on your WW journey (sorry for the long post) :D

Thanks so much Monife for your help and advice. I really appreciate it! :)

• Advertisement

From reading loads on wendy as I am quite interested in it, a lot of people say you need to do it for two or 3 weeks to see the true benifits and results as your body adjusts

Thanks for that. I had read that you're only supposed to do it for 2 weeks in a row at a time as it's not a sustainable plan. I'll add on the extra week so and hopefully it'll show. I'll let you know how it goes :)

well just had the Four Star Peppa Chicken skinny pizza. OMG... it is gorgeous!!! 9pp!!! Its just crazy!! it tastes no different to any other pizza I have had and it is a lot bigger than i expected... it is really good. Especially whan I have a WW pepperoni in my freezer or 13pp that leaves a lot to be desired!!!

Something else i noticed on the Four Star menu was that they have Quorn Dippers.... not really my bag but if its yours... maybe give them a go... :D

I made home made wedgies from 150g of potato, a side salad and some garlic bread using a 3pp muffin n 1pp worth of low fat spread... oh and some garlic mayo @ 1pp... so all in all a HUGE plate of food for just 17pp.... I am stuffed to the gills but believe it or not, I haven't gone over my dailies... so proud of my savings today!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

So annoyed of my lack of exercise these days. Got in the car to head for a walk along the coast earlier when the heavens opened so I had to turn aronnd and come home. Did the cardio box section of my davina dvd but its not exactly what id call a proper workout!!! Wasn't meant to drink this weekend but just opened a bulmers light a few mins ago:-( let's hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Boop22 wrote: »
    So annoyed of my lack of exercise these days. Got in the car to head for a walk along the coast earlier when the heavens opened so I had to turn aronnd and come home. Did the cardio box section of my davina dvd but its not exactly what id call a proper workout!!! Wasn't meant to drink this weekend but just opened a bulmers light a few mins ago:-( let's hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Yeah I have no interest in exercise at the weekend anymore. Walked up to LIDL and back and cleaned the house but that was it. Taking tomorrow off exercise but we're off to Zumba on Monday and Aqua Aerobics on Tuesday so that will make up for it :) So much for trying to only use 10 weeklies this weekend aswell. Have used 24 already and feel like having one more drink :o so that will be 27. Ah well, by Thursday, I will definitely have done more exercise in a week than I have done in a long time so that will make up for it :)

I didn't do much exercise yesterday either, small walk was all, but I'm heading out to a sports open day meant to be a free Zumba class so hoping I can do that if baby lets me LOL

I signed up for a walk on good Friday as well, for charity looking forward to it now its a 4 hour walk in to the Wicklow mountains!

I got the new WW mag on Thursday and made one of the treats out of it and they worked out lovely, going to put it on my blog later! kids loved them as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement