Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Anybody know how many pp in a smoothie from zumo bar? Really have a craving for one today :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    Anybody know how many pp in a smoothie from zumo bar? Really have a craving for one today :-)

Try and watch what they are putting in it and try point it that way. If you are getting yoghurt in it, it is probably full fat. They add a good bit of orange juice in them too so you will have to point that aswell. Fruit is free :)

Edit: Here is the Zumo smoothie website. The smoothies are made with low fat milk, orange juice and low fat probiotic yoghurt. My Fitness Pal has the calories of a Zumo berry smoothie at 210 calories, which I would guestimate at around 5PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Was out last night and the motivation is slipping so badly. All I want is a fry or a pizza or something. I've been so good (within reason). Today is going to take a lot of willpower.

Monife wrote: »

Try and watch what they are putting in it and try point it that way. If you are getting yoghurt in it, it is probably full fat. They add a good bit of orange juice in them too so you will have to point that aswell. Fruit is free :)

Edit: Here is the Zumo smoothie website. The smoothies are made with low fat milk, orange juice and low fat probiotic yoghurt. My Fitness Pal has the calories of a Zumo berry smoothie at 210 calories, which I would guestimate at around 5PP.

Thanks a mill. I knew it was low fat frozen yogurt they use, didn't realise they use milk too :-/ the one I get has a squeeze of honey in it to so I reckon another pp for that. Ah I think I'll give it a miss so. Lol if the website has the calories at 210, wud that include the calories in the fruit too??
    Deffo gonna get a walk in today, really nice day outside :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Nesie wrote: »
    Was out last night and the motivation is slipping so badly. All I want is a fry or a pizza or something. I've been so good (within reason). Today is going to take a lot of willpower.

Couldn't agree more Nesie - finding Sundays insanely difficult lately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I'm down 11 pounds now so far and I am sooo looking forward to loosing the next 3 pounds!

I hope it doesn't take forever and a day!

Went for a 6k walk yesterday! Took 2 hours, would have defo liked to have done it in a shorter time so i'll keep trying =)
    Don't usually take my activity points earned into account but last night I decided to check it up, out of curiosity!
    2 x 60mins moderate intensity exercise earns 15 extra activity points! That's crazy, that's so many extra points!
    I have used all my weeklies already so it's nice to have a bit of a back up, but i'm defo going to try not use them at all.

For lunch today I had half a tin of Erin condensed low fat mushroom soup, for 1pp, the whole tin is only 2pp, great value =)

I have a job interview tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that goes as well as the weight loss is going =)

Good luck for the next week everybody =)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Does 2 hours of cleaning, that makes you break into a sweat, count as activity? Just finished cleaning the whole apartment, skirting boards and everything. Going to walk up to Lidl in a mo to get a few things (it's only 2km round trip) but sooo not in the mood to go for a proper walk today.

Ha ha! That was my question last Sunday and yep reckon it counts :) I had a good loss that week. I reckon getting off your butt and moving is activity!

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    For lunch today I had half a tin of Erin condensed low fat mushroom soup, for 1pp, the whole tin is only 2pp, great value =)

I have a job interview tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that goes as well as the weight loss is going =)

Good luck for the next week everybody =)

Hey Cliodhna, I would double check the nutritional info. I use this all the time and I'm sure it's 4 for the can. It's condensed so it makes 400g of soup so you have to do the 100g info by 4! Fingers crossed for the interview, hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Was super good all week then had 2 nights out!! Used all my weeklies and then some wi Tuesday and really p'd off with myself for ruining a good week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

ali85 wrote: »
    well just had the Four Star Peppa Chicken skinny pizza. OMG... it is gorgeous!!!

Oh goody, can't wait to try one of these. I really don't like the taste of the ww Pizza's so this will be such a treat.

Good luck with the interview tmw Cliodhna.

Having a great weekend food wise, I drank my weeklies last night but stayed within the 49 but just wish I didn't use all of them. Oh well too late now. Drank a couple litres of water today not only to re-hydrate but feel so much better when I get water into me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Went to enniskillen today for the day just to pass a few hours

I got 8 cans of pepsi max for £2.50 0pp each

A pack of WW wraps for £1 there 3pp each

Mini Chocolate Philly 4 little 30g tubs for £1 the 2pp each

Skinny Cow Caramel Swirls Ice Creams you get 3 in the box for £1 for 2pp each

Had dinner in Weatherspoons which had the pp on the website so used 15pp on that, had the skinny cow ice cream for desert and will save the rest of my bargains for during the week. WI on Tuesday and have 32 weeklies left :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey Cliodhna, I would double check the nutritional info. I use this all the time and I'm sure it's 4 for the can. It's condensed so it makes 400g of soup so you have to do the 100g info by 4! Fingers crossed for the interview, hope it goes well!

Thank you SO much for pointing that out! That would have led to a disaster! And I wouldn't have know where the disaster was coming from!
    Thanks again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Have been so good all week. Had a takeaway last night but still have 24 of my weeklies left! Did the runamuck challenge yesterday and it was so much fun. Not a huge amount of running but lots of climbing and def god a great workout cos I am very sore today!

But despite this I still feel like I haven't lost any weight. I am so bloated and just feel huge! Am dreading Tuesday! Feels like all I do is come on here to complain, prob not good.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the lowest pp frozen oven chips? Had the mccain home fries crinkle cut chips which worked out at 8pp for 150g. They are gorgeous but the portion was quite small for the pp value:-/
    Ps thanks to whoever posted about making ur own garlic mayo. Made some tonight using lighter than light mayo and it was Yum :-D

Have been so good all week. Had a takeaway last night but still have 24 of my weeklies left! Did the runamuck challenge yesterday and it was so much fun. Not a huge amount of running but lots of climbing and def god a great workout cos I am very sore today!

But despite this I still feel like I haven't lost any weight. I am so bloated and just feel huge! Am dreading Tuesday! Feels like all I do is come on here to complain, prob not good.

Hi tiny, I felt like that last week but still lost 2 pound very unexpectedly. What I did was drank some serious amount of water. A lot more than what i wud normally have. Maybe give that a try?! Have u stepped on the scales to see if you have lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

iv just a quick question regarding the F&H days...iv been doing it all weekend and was just wondering how many points people spend when they do them? iv used 6 yesterday and so far today iv used 4, so thats 10 gone out of my weeklys gone so far (they reset on fri and i didnt use any on fri). do people use more than that on F&H??
    feel like possibly treating myself in a little while but i dont know what i want, iv been so good over the weekend i dont want to ruin it!!lol but its a bit late so i dono if il actually get around to having anything!!
    hope every1 had a nice weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

well ladies i just gave myself a kick in the backside... i had done little or no exercise all weekend... was on the wii on friday evening being productive for all of about 20 mins... then playing the games til i reached my calorie target.... did nothing yesterday, although I was good with food...

today was a new day... i got up and onto my new wii fit game and worked at it for an hour... granted 15 mins was at a very low pace but i did the boxing, the jogging, stepping etc.... all hardcore stuff.... then i broke out my other game, the My Fitness Coach Dance work out....

Holy bejeebus!!! its brilliant... just did 30 mins of it and I am wrecked but i feel great! It tells you how many calories you burn (obviously on a rough basis but it takes your weight at the start so i assume it has some grain of truth in it... ) Its really energetic and I find it much better than the Zumba dvd because it is interactive as you use the wii remotes and board if you want...

Im back on the exercise track again.. thank god... think TOTM is around the corner and i just want 1lb down this week to keep my momentum going... have used 20 weeklies but gained almost that in activity pp...

So glad I got up off me bum!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the lowest pp frozen oven chips? Had the mccain home fries crinkle cut chips which worked out at 8pp for 150g. They are gorgeous but the portion was quite small for the pp value:-/
    Ps thanks to whoever posted about making ur own garlic mayo. Made some tonight using lighter than light mayo and it was Yum :-D

Hi, had a look through previous pages and cant find the post on making your garlic mayo, could you tell me how?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Danii86 wrote: »
    iv just a quick question regarding the F&H days...iv been doing it all weekend and was just wondering how many points people spend when they do them? iv used 6 yesterday and so far today iv used 4, so thats 10 gone out of my weeklys gone so far (they reset on fri and i didnt use any on fri). do people use more than that on F&H??
    feel like possibly treating myself in a little while but i dont know what i want, iv been so good over the weekend i dont want to ruin it!!lol but its a bit late so i dono if il actually get around to having anything!!
    hope every1 had a nice weekend

hi, i had a filling and healthy day today and on friday and i only used 2 on friday and 4 today but then i did have a vegetarian dinner today and no butter on the toast i had with my baked beans at lunch, going shopping tomorrow so i can have a F&H day on tuesday and wednesday, i think it really depends on the person in threoy if you were having a week of F&H you could use up to 7 points a day

sorry for the ramble but hope that helps

• Advertisement

foundry wrote: »
    Hi, had a look through previous pages and cant find the post on making your garlic mayo, could you tell me how?
    Thanks!

Hi foundry,

Basically all I did was get some lighter than light mayo and added some garlic from a garlic grinder....sounds so simple. I just never thought of doing it before. I always stay away from garlic mayo in chipper/restaurants etc. because it would be so high in points, but the homemade one tastes just as nice:D I'm sure there is a better way of making it, but I am not very domesticated so I'll stick to this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

WI tonight and I am verrrry nervous. I've become very disheartened the last month as I'm struggling to shift the last few pounds to get to goal; have either STS or put on weight... I did eat out twice this week but totally took account for that, using half of my dailies each time and giving all of my weeklies towards the two occasions (even though I know they wouldn't have used all my weeklies). Haven't exercised as much as I would have liked to but have been drinking at least 2 litres of water every day. Even made a conscious effort to change up my foods. I've tried really hard so I'll probably feel ready to give up if there's no improvement on the scales tonight! :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had a bit of a bad weekend. Half pound to goal and I don't know if I'm going to make it.

I was a bit to erratic with food and neglected to track. I don't think I'm too far into the 49 but I can't tell really now. I had dinner out on Friday and some wine. And of course, as usual I forgot all about my water. Urgh.

Immaculate tracker for the rest of the week now and lots of blimmin water.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Taz 1 don't give up!! I'm in the exact same position, struggling to lose the last 5 lbs. In fact i would saw that losing this last half stone has been harder than losin the other 13.5 stone. But I just keep looking back at how far I've come and it gives me the motivation to keep going. I was reading in a ww magazine a few months ago that the last half stone is a psychological barrier, that we tend to sabotage ourselves by easing off on tracking or exercising. I'm determined not to let that happen, and to stop putting myself under pressure of I must lose 1lb this week or I will be at goal by such and such a date. You've done so well so far, you just need to have faith in yourself that you can do it, it might be taking a little longer than we would like but just imagine stepping on the scales the day that "this member has reached goal" comes up on the screen! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Hi tiny, I felt like that last week but still lost 2 pound very unexpectedly. What I did was drank some serious amount of water. A lot more than what i wud normally have. Maybe give that a try?! Have u stepped on the scales to see if you have lost?

Stepped on my parents scales last night and it showed me up 2lbs. If that shows on the scales tuesday I will be so upset. I have been so good. I weigh out everything before I cook it. I generally eat about half of my weeklies. My exercise has been down the past few weeks cos I have been so busy but I have been extra careful with food. I just feel bloated and crap.

mcb81 wrote: »
    Taz 1 don't give up!! I'm in the exact same position, struggling to lose the last 5 lbs. In fact i would saw that losing this last half stone has been harder than losin the other 13.5 stone. But I just keep looking back at how far I've come and it gives me the motivation to keep going. I was reading in a ww magazine a few months ago that the last half stone is a psychological barrier, that we tend to sabotage ourselves by easing off on tracking or exercising. I'm determined not to let that happen, and to stop putting myself under pressure of I must lose 1lb this week or I will be at goal by such and such a date. You've done so well so far, you just need to have faith in yourself that you can do it, it might be taking a little longer than we would like but just imagine stepping on the scales the day that "this member has reached goal" comes up on the screen! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

mcb81, thanks so much for your post, it really made me sit back and think. It really encouraged me to focus on the positive rather than the negative :) I've adapted a much healthier lifestyle for good and have learned so much. I had heard that the last few pounds are always the hardest to shift but I still thought that it was all my fault that they weren't being shifted, and have been getting annoyed at myself as a result! I guess we'll get there eventually! :)

• Advertisement

Just had a sneaky look on the scales this morning, it has me UP 2 and a quarter pounds!

ANNOYED!

I'm not due TOTM until tomorrow week =(

I hopped on wearing trackie bottoms and a big hoodie, I'm gonna be in denial and put it down to the weight of my clothes!

I have exercised SO much this week and drank my daily share of water, i'll be so disappointed if i'm up tomorrow night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Well although I have made good choices since my WI last week, I have neglected to track. What is wrong with me, I know that I'm only codding myself if I don't track coz how can you know what points you've had. Must measure & focus. Sigh..

Just had a sneaky look on the scales this morning, it has me UP 2 and a quarter pounds!

ANNOYED!

I'm not due TOTM until tomorrow week =(

I hopped on wearing trackie bottoms and a big hoodie, I'm gonna be in denial and put it down to the weight of my clothes!

I have exercised SO much this week and drank my daily share of water, i'll be so disappointed if i'm up tomorrow night!!

don't worry I am 2lb up if I weigh in with my Pajamas on :) lol I have a hoody and tracksuit that make me gain 4lb.

i am a serious scales hopper, morning and night so could nearly tell you what clothes weigh what :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Im the same with the scales.....love tarmenting myself! Cant help but have a look first thing in the morning.

Does anyone know how much the WW food scales are and if they're any good? The digital one I have is starting to give up on me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I'm almost embarrassed to post in here, despite the best of intentions I completely over indulged this weekend but I really enjoyed it so all I can do is forget about it and move on, have been very bad today though so seriously need to cop on!

Anybody any ideas of PP value of long island iced teas? (almost afraid to find out tbh!)

Long Island Ice Teas are 7pp (According to SkinnyDolls' Blog)

;)

Taz1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much the WW food scales are and if they're any good? The digital one I have is starting to give up on me!!

I dunno about the WW one but if you're looking for a new digital one, I only got one on Friday on offer in Tesco for €12. It's a good one too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I have a salter one for the past year from Argos, was only a tenner too.

The WW ones are €50 and WELL not worth the money in my opinion.

Ugh girls. Feeling depressed, knew I shouldn't have stepped on the scales, feel real bloated and scales has me the same (TOTM was 10 days ago :(). And I was good at the weekend and have exercised twice so far and going to Zumba tonight. Really was hoping for 1-2lb loss this week :(

I got a digital kitchen scales in Tesco €14.99 last August, and its perfect, I would not pay extra for the ww brand although I think it can work out your points as an extra feature.

I have a salter one for the past year from Argos, was only a tenner too.

The WW ones are €50 and WELL not worth the money in my opinion.

Ugh girls. Feeling depressed, knew I shouldn't have stepped on the scales, feel real bloated and scales has me the same (TOTM was 10 days ago :(). And I was good at the weekend and have exercised twice so far and going to Zumba tonight. Really was hoping for 1-2lb loss this week :(

+1 on the Salter one. That's the one I have and it's great!

Ok Monife pep talk! Don't be depressed your doing great as always. You the very one who is always reminding us that our bodies choose to do as they please when they want to and they don't run to our schedules! So today was you got on the scales (y'all gotta stop doing that!!) and today your body aint feeling great or playing ball. Who's to say your not retaining fluid etc etc and tomorrow you could get up on it and be down that 2 once your body decides it's ready. If you know you've done all the right things....food, exercise etc it will show when it's good and ready. If you've put the work in then you know it. Loads of water and keep on plan and you'll get over the blip! Zumba will help boost the mood :)

Was havin a great day until my dad decided to clean up the kitchen and hid my pass 2 my kettlebells class but by the time we found it it was 2 late to go because its a good 20mins away....i was livid and its just ruined my mood....part of me feels like chocolate would make it all better!!!lol *bold*bold*bold*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

Just back on weightwatchers after a year off and disappointed to find put back on a stone as well as struggling with new pro points system!

Joined September '10: 11st 13 and 1/2 pound
    December '10: 10st 10 pounds (GOAL WEIGHT FOR 5'5" :D )
    Febraury '11: 10st 5pounds

March '12: 11st 7pounds

Really disappointed in myself but if i did it once i can do it again! really motivating to read all your stories and how well your doing!

So had another good day! Still have 2pp left, had a chicken beast and a huge portion of homemade veg curry for my dinner. (curry was at most 2pp). Already had some chocolate this afternoon so no idea what to use the last 2 for. Am tempted to just leave them but I know you are meant to eat all your allowance every day! I feel lost!

Hey tiny, maybe a yoghurt or a couple of slices of ham? I'm always doing it straight from the fridge, my fav (its good protein, good snacking, fuller for longer!) or a couple of biccies and a cuppa lol!

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, anyone else tried the WW Chocolate Digestives. I'm not usually a big WW product buyer but these are really worth it for only 1pp each. I always have a rich tea or something like that with a cuppa in the evening. These are like a proper treat....well more than a rich tea :)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey tiny, maybe a yoghurt or a couple of slices of ham? I'm always doing it straight from the fridge, my fav (its good protein, good snacking, fuller for longer!) or a couple of biccies and a cuppa lol!

Never have anything like ham in cos I get breakfast and lunch free in work but used to love a slice or 2 of ham as a snack. Ended up having a bag of velvet crunch.

Have tried the choc digestives and I think they are lovely. I like that they are thinner than regular digestives cos they seem chocolatier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

wow starving today, managed to stay with in points though have enough to have some fruit and yogurt :) yummmy!

I'm looking for some nintendo wii games any one try the zumba one! thinking of getting it! I know some one got some recently! how are you getting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

+1 on all the stupid scales moves...

Am due TOTM around now... (not the most regular...) but when i got on the scales this evening.. up 2!!!!! not happy!! granted i had just had my dinner but i have used 18 weeklies and earned 24 activity pp.

what do yas think ladies.... am i messing up again... ???

.......After all my worrying and possibly the most nerve wrecking que for the scales, was down 3 this week, so so so happy!!! :D Good luck to every1 else with their WIs during the week!

ali85 wrote: »
    +1 on all the stupid scales moves...

Am due TOTM around now... (not the most regular...) but when i got on the scales this evening.. up 2!!!!! not happy!! granted i had just had my dinner but i have used 18 weeklies and earned 24 activity pp.

what do yas think ladies.... am i messing up again... ???

U should never weight yourself just after you eat, thats probably where your gain was from. Dont get yourself down, your probably down alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Well did my Davina vidoe last night and have my yoga class today. Hopefully my lack of tracking won't come back to haunt me at WI this week - Eeek! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

.......After all my worrying and possibly the most nerve wrecking que for the scales, was down 3 this week, so so so happy!!! :D Good luck to every1 else with their WIs during the week!

Well done, great loss girl!:)

Bernso wrote: »
    Well done, great loss girl!:)

Thanks Bernso, absolutely delighted :D Definitely feeling more motivated now!

• Advertisement

Anyone know how many pp in 30g of dried mango? Just fancied a snack and it was either that or chocolate - so figure even if its higher in pp its healthier for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement