Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

ShindyB wrote: »
    Bridesmaid dress sorted! Here it is:

http://www.alexiadesigns.com/Bridesmaids/Alexia-Designs/-Band,Pleated,One-shoulder-Style-4070/

Ordered it in the Grape colour. Now just to keep the weight going down, plenty of motivation though!!:D

That dress is absolutely beautiful =)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pamkin30

thanks for that baby75:)

just wondering if anyone has the recipe for the apple crumble i know someone posted it a while ago but can't find it now:o

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

pamkin30 wrote: »
    thanks for that baby75:)

just wondering if anyone has the recipe for the apple crumble i know someone posted it a while ago but can't find it now:o

thanks

Hiya! Here's the link! yum :-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/01/nicest-thing-i-ever-ate.html?m=1

Baby75 wrote: »
    Definitely go for tomato based sauces! Enjoy :-)

Just found their menu on line so have a good idea on what to get now toss between a pasta dish or the meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta how high would that be!

going to have a drink or two as well, whats the best to have!!!

can you tell I do not get out much :cool::D

A pasta veggie dish would b lower than one with meatballs. I drink Coors or Bulmers light ;-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good look with the chocolate dodging tomorrow folks!

• Advertisement

Happy Easter everyone! Don't forget to point your eggs prior to consumption lol! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

5 pounds down since starting back monday...got given way too much chocolate today but the bf said he'd bring me out on a run later to balance it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Oh guys this is gonna be harder than I thought there's chocolate tempations everywhere! Already been given 2 medium easter eggs, a lindt bunny a mini lindor egg. They'll do me for the next few months!

Oh the world is cruel!!

I can honestly say I haven't gotten an Easter egg in about 5 years, but I woke this to an egg from my Mum and one from my boyfriend!

I have 20 weeklies (due to a bit of a distaster and half a tub of Ben and Jerry's!)

I think I might go ahead and treat myself, making sure I keep within my weeklies...

Looking forward to a nice low fat easter lunch (HOLD THE GRAVY)

Happy Easter everyone! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Disaster of a week. Walk later I think. My grand aunt just brought an Easter egg for the baby. That's the baby with no teeth you know. Guess who'll end up getting their jaws on that egg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Taz1 wrote: »
    Oh guys this is gonna be harder than I thought there's chocolate tempations everywhere! Already been given 2 medium easter eggs, a lindt bunny a mini lindor egg. They'll do me for the next few months!

OMG I hear you! flipping eggs every were! 3 open in front of me with kids munching away asking me if I want some NOOOOOO:eek:

I went for a cycle to try balance it out and hopefully undo some damage! think I will be exercising a lot to undo wine last night and chocolate damage

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Happy Easter all.

Disaster is all I can say. Am away for 3 nights and last night I was very bold. Had a Crunchie in the car on way down then dinner in hotel last nite which was okish- ceaser salad with dressing on side, steak and veg, one scoop if ice cream and a glass of vino. But then.....I had about 8 malibus and diet mixer a bulmers and wait for it.....half a bag of chips. I blame the bf, he can't come straight home from pub without making a pit stop. I went to room and he went to chipper and get this, he actually woke me up to eat the chips!!!!!!!! :-(

Feel so awful today and just had a turkey and ham carvery dinner to top it off. Am going to try climb croagh Patrick tomorrow if weather picks up to make up for my disastrous weekend.

Sorry for my long post but I feel a little better now that I've confessed my sins to u all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

ck83 wrote: »
    Welcome! It's a great thread. Everyone is so helpful and supportive! Sounds like youve Been doing great. I've been doing ww since Jan too, with great success too.
    Now all I need to do is go easy on the Easter eggs!

yeah i've been reading through a few pages and i've learned lots already! i'm going to try check it all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Thank god everyone listened to me - didn't get one Easter Egg and I'm actually thrilled, I had everyone well warned that I didn't want one. There are a few floating around my mums house, so I'm sure if I wanted a taste I could grab a piece but going to try to resist temptation.

Loving the extra long weekend, got loads of house work done on Friday which I've been putting off for ages. I usually go totally off track during a normal long weekend but made a conscious effort to be extra good this weekend so fingers crossed I'll continue being good.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter Sunday x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well like evadiva, everyone listened to me and I didn't get any chocolate BUT I may aswell have eaten piles of chocolate compared to the boldness that has happened the last couple of days. Was staying in my Dads and his partner cooks proper "Irish" meals, laden with butter and oil. If that wasn't bad enough, ALOT of alcohol was consumed aswell as 2 share bags of dorito's, they were for sharing, but I ended up eating the majority of them :( Praying for a STS this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Didn't touch an egg or a bag of crisps(which I have up for lent) but still managed to completely ruin my weekend with a night out that started in Thursday and only finished last night! Haven't pointed anything since sat!! Major disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Was in London since Friday so not one propper meal had, i'm at -102 points so will be glad if its only a 1 or 2 lb gain.. oh why do we do it to our selves!

Cannot seem to stop putting food in my mouth over the wkend! Thank God it's back to routine tomorrow!!

so hungover today girls and cannot stop picking and im still starving:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

pamkin30 wrote: »
    so hungover today girls and cannot stop picking and im still starving:o

Me too :( No points left and have already gone over my weeklies and i'm hungry :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

It seems we all have the picking bug today. Mine is due to TOTM :( I haven't completely blown it yet but it's still only 6.30. I wouldn't mind only I managed to be good yesterday and fit my easter egg within points. Hopefully it will get easier tomorrow when normality is regained after the long weekend!

anyone hazard a guess how many points in chicken kebab from chipper:D

4 weeklies left and they'll stay there!

Hoping for some sort of loss after last weeks +1..

Have a wedding on the 19th of April, I have 9 pounds to go to my 2nd stone and I would be so happy if I could get to the 2nd stone or even a pound away from it!

Looking forward to buying a new dress for the occasion =)

Hope everyone has a fantastic week, weight watchers wise and otherwise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 duffgirl

Hi ladies, I am new to this thread. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I know how hard it is to loose and how easy it is to gain. I have joined WW so many times now I have lost count. After taking a 3 year break I have now decided to go back. You can imagine the weight gain after 3 years eeeeek!!! Anyway, this time round I cant go to meetings due to shift work etc so was considering the At Home ProPoints Plan Essential Kit. I have never used propoints and was wondering if anybody has used this 'at home' system. I really appreciate any information on this. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Monife wrote: »
    Well like evadiva, everyone listened to me and I didn't get any chocolate BUT I may aswell have eaten piles of chocolate compared to the boldness that has happened the last couple of days. Was staying in my Dads and his partner cooks proper "Irish" meals, laden with butter and oil. If that wasn't bad enough, ALOT of alcohol was consumed aswell as 2 share bags of dorito's, they were for sharing, but I ended up eating the majority of them :( Praying for a STS this week!

Oh my good god, i really shouldn't have posted yesterday as i think i jinxed myself, a friend call for a chat at around 7pm yesterday so i offered her a glass of wine, thought i'd have one myself even added some diet 7up as i was really being so good all wknd. Well the 7up was used for about 2 glasses and just thought f**k it i may aswell go mad and have a "proper" glass. We ended up sharing 4 bottles in the space of about 2 hours, decided to put the glad rags on and hit the town. I drank sooo much crap from beer to shots. Was so hangover today that i actually couldn't eat. I had a cup of tea at about 6 and that's all I could stomach all day.

Roll on tmw so i can get back on track. Why oh why do i do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Anyone have any idea how many points are in sherbet lemons? Had about 8-10 of them today? I have 10pp left for today so was just gonna write them off for the sweets.

Have been pretty good this weekend, its Passover at the moment which is seriously helping. The OH and my friends went for pizza after drinking and even though I wanted some, can't even have a bite cos of Passover!

18 weeklies left and have WI tomorrow! Hoping for a good result!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G0D

Sorry to hijack your thread or bring it off topic, but does anybody know if there's a general thread where you can post up your daily diet for feedback and tips? Wasn't really keen on starting my own thread as I imagine it annoys the mods when they keep popping up from newbies :o

Oh deary, i'm quite anxious about tomorrows weigh in. I normally have my meeting on a Monday evening but not this week because of the bank holiday, and i have to go to a lunchtime meeting because the evening doesn't suit. Quite worried the different time will affect my wi too. So i went out last night for the first time in 2 months, i was extra good all week and saved my 49 weeklies for it. I stuck to vodka and diet coke for the and resisted a burger at the end of the night. The munchies got the better of me at home though and managed to devour a whopping 4 slices of toast =/ nursed my hangover quite well today opting for the weetabix, soup, salad, fruit, yogurt, ryvita, veg fajitas through the course of the day. Did however have a bag of cheese popcorn and a quarter of a small Easter egg, they were within my dailies though. Really hope i won't be up as I've tried extra hard.

Taz1 wrote: »
    Oh deary, i'm quite anxious about tomorrows weigh in. I normally have my meeting on a Monday evening but not this week because of the bank holiday, and i have to go to a lunchtime meeting because the evening doesn't suit. Quite worried the different time will affect my wi too. So i went out last night for the first time in 2 months, i was extra good all week and saved my 49 weeklies for it. I stuck to vodka and diet coke for the and resisted a burger at the end of the night. The munchies got the better of me at home though and managed to devour a whopping 4 slices of toast =/ nursed my hangover quite well today opting for the weetabix, soup, salad, fruit, yogurt, ryvita, veg fajitas through the course of the day. Did however have a bag of cheese popcorn and a quarter of a small Easter egg, they were within my dailies though. Really hope i won't be up as I've tried extra hard.
    Sounds like youve been very disciplined, and fully deserving of a success on the scales! (wish I could say the same for myself!) wouldn't worry about the time of day. If anything, a lunch time weigh will have you lighter than an evening one. Bear that in mind for next week though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

G0D wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack your thread or bring it off topic, but does anybody know if there's a general thread where you can post up your daily diet for feedback and tips? Wasn't really keen on starting my own thread as I imagine it annoys the mods when they keep popping up from newbies :o

Regular postings of daily diets isn't allowed anymore. They shut the food diaries down last year. However if you're looking for general feedback then start a thread in the nutrition and diet section with a general idea of what you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and someone will give you advise. If it's WW related then post in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ginger_Nut

Hi all, long time lurker and first time poster! Started WW (for the millionth time) 4wks ago. Have lost 5.5 lbs to date and have my weigh in tomorrow. Was really hoping for 1.5lbs this week but had a disasterous weekend.....could not stop stuffing my face, alcohol, take aways and sneaky bits of other people's easter eggs!!! So really hoping for a sts.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w57r3L0/]
    weight.png
    [/url]

Up 4lb after my weekend in london... Considering I loose 0.5pm a week that should take 8 weeks to undo so bye bye social life for a while!!

Inlaws dropped over with a rake of blooming easter eggs "for the child" yesterday.

Need to think of creative ways of disposing of them.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Inlaws dropped over with a rake of blooming easter eggs "for the child" yesterday.

Need to think of creative ways of disposing of them.

Melt them. Make a chocolate biscuit cake, and bring it to work, or send to work with someone else. I wouldn't have the willpower to do any of that. I'd end up rationing them and eating them. But a better weight watcher than me might manage it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I've been sooooo bad :o

• Advertisement

Sounds like youve been very disciplined, and fully deserving of a success on the scales! (wish I could say the same for myself!) wouldn't worry about the time of day. If anything, a lunch time weigh will have you lighter than an evening one. Bear that in mind for next week though!

Yeah thats why I'm worried about the lunchtime weigh in! The last bank holiday I went to a Tuesday morning class, was down 4 lb then when I went back to my regular meeting the following monday evening I was up 3lb, both were undeserved and unexpected but I reckon it was to do with being weighed in in the morning the first week.. :confused: I'd rather be down less knowing that its a more accurate result!

Up 4lb after my weekend in london... Considering I loose 0.5pm a week that should take 8 weeks to undo so bye bye social life for a while!!
    Im the same FX it comes off quicker than that!
    I've been sooooo bad :o

Me to, Me to :o:(

Baby75 wrote: »
    Im the same FX it comes off quicker than that!

Me to, Me to :o:(

And me! It really seems like we all threw cation to the wind this weekend! But you know, it's very rare we go that mad on the food etc, so lets just say we enjoyed ourselves & thatnk God we're back into the routine of the Mon-Fri now to get back on track!!

I was only a half lb to my 1st stone last week, I'd say there's no chance of that now. Did Davina last night & am going to try to do it every night until WI & go for walks on my lunch break. But you know, then I think, imagine if I was good with my food & still did all that exercise?! Sure the weight would be flying off me! But sure I only do it to work off the extra when I've been really bad. Idiot.com ;)

I've been reading all the "I've been bad" posts - didn't bother adding mine to it- not coz I haven't been, but coz I just didn't want to write about it. The way I look at it though, is that it's part of life. We can't cancel Easter, and Christmas, and bank holidays, birthdays etc etc just coz were in weight watchers. We have to live our lives. Success for me is that there's half an Easter egg in the fridge, that I didn't eat, because it would have been totally pulling the p1ss for this week (don't get me wrong, I'll eat it when I've a new set of weeklies, I'm not perfect!!!). It's that I made a roulade for Easter Sunday, and had one small piece (pity I forgot to pawn the uneaten bit of on someone, so it's gone off now), and didn't go back for more. Success is that I've exercised most days. And the main place I see success is that I'll go for my WI tomorrow. Even if I know I'll probably be up. The scales, and the WI aren't the be all and end all. It's the other stuff that matters most. That's how I see it anyhow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I think my eating could have been worse, but my walking has TOTALLY gone by the wayside D:

But yeah, hopefully the damage wont show too badly for any of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

morning folks...

Haven't been on much the past few days. I had started off really well... using only a few weeklies between Wednesday night and Saturday morning, then from Saturday night onwards I just grazed. Yesterday was by far the worst. I had no breakfast, but went to McDonalds at lunchtime, that was 22pp straight off, then last night had a chicken salad sambo and a curly wurly..... Thankfully I only got 2 easter eggs (one off my granny (I think she forgets I'm 26 with a 10 year old of my own) and one of my in laws) My mam bought me a pair of size 12 jeans in Penneys which I was delighted with! and the OH and my daughter got me a 5 pack of curly wurlys and a 3 pack of creme eggs... I have one egg down but they were pointed.... Just really didn't exercise half as much as I usually would especially considering how many weeklies I have used.

Today is all about damage limitation. Am being good and Im going to go for a really long walk/jog after work then do my Wii fit and my dance work out this evening. I will be delighted with STS, but raging if I put up because I saw the back of the 11s last week (10st 12.5lb) and I really don't want to go back up.

sorry for the long post... just saw all you folks talking about how bad you have been and it made me feel a lot better knowing I was normal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Amen to all of the above!

My PC went on the blink last week and only got it back yesterday and OMG did I miss this thread. Things just went off the rails and while I managed to exert some small modicum of control I figure I'm still 6-10pp over budget this week. To make matter worse - I was working extra days over the weekend and did absolutely zero exercise this week. Things are not looking good for WI this eve.

It doesn't help that I'm having a hungry week - anyone else the same? Some weeks it all goes grand, I'm happily full and within my pp's and then weeks like this it doesn't matter what I eat I'm always hungry!!!

Oh well - life goes on and it could be worse. Fresh new start tomorrow. Good luck with wi's everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!! weekend got completely out of control! i even went over my weeklies and did very little exercise! disaster! fully expecting to be up tomorrow but at least i'm expecting it so it won't be such a let down and at least i enjoyed my weekend! back on track today!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I've been reading all the "I've been bad" posts - didn't bother adding mine to it- not coz I haven't been, but coz I just didn't want to write about it. The way I look at it though, is that it's part of life. We can't cancel Easter, and Christmas, and bank holidays, birthdays etc etc just coz were in weight watchers.

+1 on this ck83! Yep it was Easter Sunday and yep I had my Roses Easter Egg sitting there all week and I couldn't wait to have it. It's what I've always done and I enjoy having chocolate for breakfast for one day in the year! It's part of my life, I enjoyed every bit of it :) (I felt rotten the next day though!) But success for me was getting up on Monday drawing a line under it and having a WW day and wrote in my tracker. I even went to cinema and had fruit and WW treats in my dailies! Success is this morning getting up and going out for my walk and tracking again!

This time last year I would have went on a weekend rampage and had 2 eggs and never thought of the repercussions! So to everyone who had a bad weekend, draw a line under it. You all had pro points in the back of your mind and everyone has said how they know that they have to pull it back now for a while and get back on track. That's success for all :) ....too many times I overdid it and carried on regardless! It's life and I reckon we all had a good time. Draw a big line.....weigh in, see where were at.....new week :)

The only thing about drawing a line is I have today will Friday and then I'm going to Cork for the weekend and after been up 4lb today I am dreading it..

Going to go for Dinner in Luigi Malones saturday evening prob get steak and Salad dunno how I will resisit the baileys malteeser cocktail though!! :)

Im on the water like a mad woman today and brought a salad wrap for lunch and will have chicken and BNS for dinner so I am trying to undo the damage but it will take a few weeks to undo it all!! going to have no treats at all until friday just my 3 meals and some fruit and veg I dont care if its under points at all after the way i ate at the weekend i should be full till then anyway!!

dunno how I will resisit the baileys malteeser cocktail though!! :)

Tell yourself you'll have it next time you're there.

:)

WI in a few hours and so nervous!! Heading away this weekend so would really like a good loss this week. Or failing that half a pound so i can get my third silver 7!!

And me! It really seems like we all threw cation to the wind this weekend! But you know, it's very rare we go that mad on the food etc, so lets just say we enjoyed ourselves & thatnk God we're back into the routine of the Mon-Fri now to get back on track!!

I was only a half lb to my 1st stone last week, I'd say there's no chance of that now. Did Davina last night & am going to try to do it every night until WI & go for walks on my lunch break. But you know, then I think, imagine if I was good with my food & still did all that exercise?! Sure the weight would be flying off me! But sure I only do it to work off the extra when I've been really bad. Idiot.com ;)
    I've been reading all the "I've been bad" posts - didn't bother adding mine to it- not coz I haven't been, but coz I just didn't want to write about it. The way I look at it though, is that it's part of life. We can't cancel Easter, and Christmas, and bank holidays, birthdays etc etc just coz were in weight watchers. We have to live our lives. Success for me is that there's half an Easter egg in the fridge, that I didn't eat, because it would have been totally pulling the p1ss for this week (don't get me wrong, I'll eat it when I've a new set of weeklies, I'm not perfect!!!). It's that I made a roulade for Easter Sunday, and had one small piece (pity I forgot to pawn the uneaten bit of on someone, so it's gone off now), and didn't go back for more. Success is that I've exercised most days. And the main place I see success is that I'll go for my WI tomorrow. Even if I know I'll probably be up. The scales, and the WI aren't the be all and end all. It's the other stuff that matters most. That's how I see it anyhow!

Could not agree more with you both, we are all entitled to live and enjoy a blow out , getting back on track is what counts its all part of the lifestyle change if being healthier for the long term, so over all we are doing much better:)
    WI in a few hours and so nervous!! Heading away this weekend so would really like a good loss this week. Or failing that half a pound so i can get my third silver 7!!

good luck!

Down 2lbs!! I swear even though I'm sticking to it I'm still surprised every single week on the scales how well it's working!

Good luck everyone with upcoming WIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

has anyone used 30 day shed by jillian michaels??? If so is it as good asits meant to be?? 6 weeks to holidays and im begining to PANIC

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement