Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

has anyone used 30 day shed by jillian michaels??? If so is it as good asits meant to be?? 6 weeks to holidays and im begining to PANIC

I bought this DVD RachelFergie but haven't used it yet - must try it during the week but it's meant to be quite tough which must be a good thing?!

I've really strayed from the whole WW thing over the past few weeks - I really need to get back into pointing things.

You guys are all so good and have lost so much weight!!

Im off work this week and I always find when I'm off I eat all the wrong things cos I'm out and about during the day and mightn't eat much and then I come home....and well you can guess what happens then...I reach for the easy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mamie73

Hi i haven't posted here before but I have been following the thread. I have joined ww a few times but this time I'm determined to stick to it. I have started jogging too as I am doing the great limerick run. Had a disaster of a wk end. Have wi tomorrow nite god help us!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Down 4.5lbs down this week! WAHEY!

So much nearer to my own personal goal now!!

VERY VERY HAPPY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

VERY VERY HAPPY!

Well done :) great loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

VERY VERY HAPPY!
    Oooh well done you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Baby75 wrote: »
    Could not agree more with you both, we are all entitled to live and enjoy a blow out , getting back on track is what counts its all part of the lifestyle change if being healthier for the long term, so over all we are doing much better:)

^^This here is key! The important thing is not to let WW rule your life but to also remember why you are doing WW and what caused you to gain weight. You need to prioritise life events especially if they occur on a regular basis. Easter only happens once a year so yes enjoy it but don't follow it up with a take away at the weekend and a bottle of wine. It's so easy to fall off track but it's much harder to get back on :)
    has anyone used 30 day shed by jillian michaels??? If so is it as good asits meant to be?? 6 weeks to holidays and im begining to PANIC

Yep I've just finished level 1. I didn't lose any weight but that's more because I haven't been following WW the last few weeks due to a number of reasons but I'm starting back tomorrow. I have lost 3 inches so far though and my body is much more toned. I'm like you looking for a quick fix for a holiday in 6 weeks but tbh I realised today that I've spent the last 2 weeks stressing over this holiday and losing weight for it that I ended up leaving WW to find a quick fix. As a result I've gained a couple of lbs. My plan is to just stick to WW and do my exercise DVDs and whatever I am come the end of May I am. The reason so many don't ever reach their goal is because they only focus on the short term.
    Sorry I'm more having a little rant at myself but you will definitely lose inches doing 30 Day Shred but it's not great for the scales though. I've done a bit of research and people tend to lose inches but may gain a few lbs or sts. Also it can be quite tough on the body so I'd advise taking a rest day every 2 days and maybe do a form of cardio on those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Sorry I'm more having a little rant at myself but you will definitely lose inches doing 30 Day Shred but it's not great for the scales though. I've done a bit of research and people tend to lose inches but may gain a few lbs or sts. Also it can be quite tough on the body so I'd advise taking a rest day every 2 days and maybe do a form of cardio on those days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I do aerobics 3 nights a week so was going to do jillian the other 4! I'm 2 pounds from goal but realistically I need to drop 7 lbs! Feels like a never ending battle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks! I do aerobics 3 nights a week so was going to do jillian the other 4! I'm 2 pounds from goal but realistically I need to drop 7 lbs! Feels like a never ending battle!!

Then Jillian will definitely be really good for you seeing as you're close to goal because it's great for toning and losing inches! And you'll definitely have that bikini body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ended up going to the evening class instead of the lunchtime one, down 1.5, really happy with what after my night of boozing on Sunday! Might treat myself to the rest of the small Easter egg i've been rationing since Sunday! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Taz1 and Cliodhna26 Congratulations!! You'll keep the rest of us going!! Lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Well I was down 5 lbs this week!!:D:D

I was absolutely shocked and delighted! It made up for gaining a pound last week. Though I would have been really annoyed as I was super good over Easter, didn't have an egg and only had 1 glass of wine. It's funny but this Easter was just as good as other Easters when I would have been stuffing my face! I think we have a tendency to over-blow holidays and just go crazy, when in fact I had a great time and I wasn't left feeling crap this week. Not for one minute did I feel deprived!

Another plus was that I was one of the top losers on The Skinny Doll's blog Easter Challenge and she is sending me out a small prize. That's given me great motivation for the coming week!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Another plus was that I was one of the top losers on The Skinny Doll's blog Easter Challenge and she is sending me out a small prize. That's given me great motivation for the coming week!:p

Well done the west wing that's fantastic. Great wi result too, go you.

Great losses to read about, i too was down 1lb. I don't weigh each wk every second wk or when i really feel i need to. That 1lb loss was so not deserved with all i drank Sunday nite & then not being able to eat yesterday, but up until 7pm on Sunday i was in fact very good so had my eating not been good i would defo have been up.

It feels good to draw a very thick line under the last few days.

Nothing feels better than eating well, tracking & exercising.

Have a good week everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ginger_Nut

I went to my weigh in and I was up 1.5lbs. I have to say it was deserved though, i was out two nights and had a take away both nights. I was very good with the exercise. RachaelFergie I started the 30 day Shred this week too! Oh my God did my muscles ache the next day!! it took me five days to chance doing it again but def not as sore the second time. I walk/jog and go to spinning classes as well.
    Anyways I've drawn a line under my bold weekend and am starting a fresh tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all.. have not commented in a few weeks.. basically was just stuck in a rut with WW over here. I needed something with a new angle.. I have joined the 12 week challenge in the gym and I am 1.6kg down after week 1. I weigh in on thursday evening. I have a personal trainer once a week and challenge boot camps twice a week and I try to do 2-3 sessions myself too. I did not get an egg.. (would have eaten every bit.. !!!) I did have some malteasers and a slice of malteasers cheesecake. Last night I had some cinema popcorn but other than that I have been good. 1kg a week im hoping for to start (2lbs) so really hoping for a loss tomorrow..

Well done to all of you getting back on track.. its the hardest part!

Also do any of you do weight training? If so what do you fine most beneficial??

Thanks a mill

Michelle

Well I was down 5 lbs this week!!:D:D

I was absolutely shocked and delighted! It made up for gaining a pound last week. Though I would have been really annoyed as I was super good over Easter, didn't have an egg and only had 1 glass of wine. It's funny but this Easter was just as good as other Easters when I would have been stuffing my face! I think we have a tendency to over-blow holidays and just go crazy, when in fact I had a great time and I wasn't left feeling crap this week. Not for one minute did I feel deprived!

OMG WestWing! That is amazing!! Well done you!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Thanks BaileyPants, that was awfully nice of you to say! Congrats to all this week, ye're all great regardless! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I've done something to my back, im in a lot of pain sitting in work and all I can think is that I wont be able to do any exercise before I go away on sat night. Something wrong with me...but seriously I do hope it gets better soon. I do not handle pain well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Where u off to for the weekend tiny?

I'm at work sneezing and spluttering :( so just having a huge scone for comfort food from within my points had a sneaky peak this morning and my weight is no where near the +4 it showed yesterday so hopefully it was boating and will level off by next Tuesday

I'm at work sneezing and spluttering :( so just having a huge scone for comfort food from within my points had a sneaky peak this morning and my weight is no where near the +4 it showed yesterday so hopefully it was boating and will level off by next Tuesday

Just going to dundalk for the night - got a city deal for a night in a hotel there ages ago. But wanna go out ofr a nice dinner there and have some wine. So wanted to have as much exercise done as possible.

Just going to dundalk for the night - got a city deal for a night in a hotel there ages ago. But wanna go out ofr a nice dinner there and have some wine. So wanted to have as much exercise done as possible.

Oh iv never been to dundalk, were always meaning to go as the d hotel do have great dinner b and b packages and maybe a trip to tayto park were big kids at heart. Were off to cork this weekend going to fota island resort for oh birthday I'm very excited it's my first 5* :)

• Advertisement

Oh iv never been to dundalk, were always meaning to go as the d hotel do have great dinner b and b packages and maybe a trip to tayto park were big kids at heart. Were off to cork this weekend going to fota island resort for oh birthday I'm very excited it's my first 5* :)

Yeh I got a night B&B with a bottle of wine for 2 for 40 euro, was a bit of an impulse buy but really looking forward to the treat of a night away. Also planning on popping accross the border to pick up some weight watcher products that you just cant get down here.

Fota is meant to be amazing - and I love cork in general. Have a great time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Good god..... Weigh in later. I can practically hear the ominous music.

Delighted for the rest of you, you're doing great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Me too, dreading it. Going to be extra bad for me too as I am weighing in a day earlier because I usually go to WW after work on a Thursday but I am off Thursday and Friday so am going to a meeting that my leader covers today. My own scales has me +2lb :( Think it should really only be 1lb gain though... it's not fair, always gain more than I deserve and lose less than I deserve... worst metabolism in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Monife wrote: »
    Me too, dreading it. Going to be extra bad for me too as I am weighing in a day earlier because I usually go to WW after work on a Thursday but I am off Thursday and Friday so am going to a meeting that my leader covers today. My own scales has me +2lb :( Think it should really only be 1lb gain though... it's not fair, always gain more than I deserve and lose less than I deserve... worst metabolism in the world!

I have a mean metabolism as well, I hear you :mad: Fingers crossed it's not the +2....good luck!

Best of Luck Charlie!!

Same I think you have to eat an extra 3500 calories to gain 1lb and I managed to gain 4lb after 3 days bad eating in London. and I lose about 0.5lb a week so the maths speek for them selves hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

First day back on track. My scales has me up 2lbs too. Can't make wi this week but really hoping I can lose,those 2 and an extra 1 before wi next thurs to get my stone. But I reckon that's asking way too much :-/

Boop22 wrote: »
    First day back on track. My scales has me up 2lbs too. Can't make wi this week but really hoping I can lose,those 2 and an extra 1 before wi next thurs to get my stone. But I reckon that's asking way too much :-/

I'm the same, was only a half pound away from my 1st stone at last weeks WI, but I dare say I'm a bit further away than that again now though :o

Eabhabear wrote: »
    ^^This here is key! The important thing is not to let WW rule your life but to also remember why you are doing WW and what caused you to gain weight. You need to prioritise life events especially if they occur on a regular basis. Easter only happens once a year so yes enjoy it but don't follow it up with a take away at the weekend and a bottle of wine. It's so easy to fall off track but it's much harder to get back on :)

I agree with you, don't think I explained my self very well, my 1 year old is very clingy these days so I tend to cut it short:)

I think the beauty of WW is you can work it to suit your life and not feel deprived, I am enjoying my healthier lifestyle ( gas thing is I had a healthy diet I never ate a lot of take aways or junk I love my vegetables I was not and still am not a big drinker, I gained weight from two very stress full events in recent years, and I think my portion size needed to be looked at. that and a big love of pasta!)

its OK having a little of what you fancy, but getting back on track is the key to successful and sustainable weight loss :)

FX for bloating it should be well and truly gone by next Tuesday!

Well and truly back on track, I still managed to track over the weekend but this is the first time since I started WW that Iv'e gone out for a meal and drank some wine catching up with an old friend, I just hopped I tracked it correctly ( gave it 10 PP for half a bottle of wine) we had Italian some focaccia bread and I had a pasta dish with tomato sauce yummy and not huge portions either managed to get in some exercise have Zumba tonight which I am living for :)

Only have 8pp left for dinner!!!! Really wanted to have chicken burger and oven chips . Have nothing else in for dinner either. Help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Only have 8pp left for dinner!!!! Really wanted to have chicken burger and oven chips . Have nothing else in for dinner either. Help!!

Have you any eggs? An omelette goes a long way when I'm stuck!

Or have you any small pitta breads? I use them for very low pitta pizzas.

I was down one tonight.... Gahhh it's so slow this time! Still, it was a loss and I'll get there.... Even if it is slow and steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Thank you very much Bailey Pants..

We had a 'stand in' leader last night! She made a big thing of my loss and it felt great..

My boyfriend lost 6lbs in the week, his first week!

The leader politely reminded us that it's not a competition to see who looses the most but somehow I think that'll be a factor whether we want it to or not! :D

Got my 10% sticker and my 3rd silver 7 and only 4 lbs away from my second stone!

I'm on a high now and i'm really motivated to loose those 4lbs before the wedding on the 19th of May..

Good luck to everyone for the week... :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Was down 1lb.

She took my blue card from me and I'll be getting my gold one next week.

Eep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

As expected, up 2lb :( Oh well, new week and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mamie73

Was down 2lb tonite. Thrilled only 3.5lb away from my stone. Going to have a treat nite and then back to it tomorrow!

Have you any eggs? An omelette goes a long way when I'm stuck!

Or have you any small pitta breads? I use them for very low pitta pizzas.

I was down one tonight.... Gahhh it's so slow this time! Still, it was a loss and I'll get there.... Even if it is slow and steady.

Thanks I ended up having 2 crispy pancakes for 5pp and 100g of those mc Cain rustic oven chips for 3pp. There was 6 chips in 100g. 6!!!!! Still hungry needless to say but my own fault for having a stupid cornetto earlier :-(

Congrats on ur loss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

half pound of 2nite - happy enough with that seen as i ate so much choc over easter!!
    3.5 to go to get my 4th stone :)

9lb to go and ill be in the 11 stone bracket :D:D:D:D that one will take a while but im working on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pamkin30

Have my weigh in at home in the morn, going to be so bad am -56pts after lots of chocolate, nite out and take away over week :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bonniexx

. I hope:( that im not the only one struggling...going up and down on the scales. Im sick of it, my goal seems so far away :( after being on holidays the last two weeks i was up 6!!! Sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Bonniexx wrote: »
    . I hope:( that im not the only one struggling...going up and down on the scales. Im sick of it, my goal seems so far away :( after being on holidays the last two weeks i was up 6!!! Sickened

Snap!! Just can't seem to stick to it I'm like pacman going around the kitchen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

down 1lb! not expected at all! had a stand in leader too tonight so was dreading being up!

does anybody else feel like sometimes they see the results a week late?? what i mean is sometimes i can be very bad but may still get a good result on the wednesday but then on a week that i might be very good i don't get such a good result? so then after either of those weeks i might see the good/bad result the following week? i'm sorry if i'm not making sense, its hard to explain but i'm just trying to get a grasp on why i'm getting confusing results, sometimes good, sometimes bad!

Ok ladies lets think of how far we have come, what we have achieved for our health and waist lines, draw a line in the sand and get out the books and tracker and plan for one day at a time and get back to basics :) that's my plan any way

I'm going to aim for more exercise and tracking better, my aim is to lose a pound a week till the 19 of May!

Believe in your self we can do this!

Think this quote says it all, tried to upload picture but it would not work :)
    I'm not telling you its going
    To be easy,I'm telling you its going
    to be worth it.

Lost a pound of weight this week! say good bye to this

Ok ladies lets think of how far we have come, what we have achieved for our health and waist lines, draw a line in the sand and get out the books and tracker and plan for one day at a time and get back to basics :) that's my plan any way

I'm going to aim for more exercise and tracking better, my aim is to lose a pound a week till the 19 of May!

Believe in your self we can do this!

Lost a pound of weight this week! say good bye to this

Love the quote and always good to see a pound of fat to drive home how much it actually is! Well done this week :)

I think we have to remember a pound is something to be proud of! they all add up in the end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

I think we have to remember a pound is something to be proud of! they all add up in the end :)

AMEN!!! Down 1lb this week and absolutely delighted. Every pound lost is an achievement in my book.

I've a wedding coming up in 3 weeks and when I joined ww last november it was with the aim of getting down to 14st 5lbs for that. Only 1lb to go now and can hardly believe it! Going to try and fit in some exercise this week as well as could do with toning up a bit now.

Also made the gooey chocolate cake posted about a few days ago and WOW is it delicious! So thanks for sharing!!

Mini Goals:
    -1lb to reach mini goal for wedding
    -2.5lbs to next silver seven
    -3lbs to halfway mark on goal journey
    -6.5lbs to 13stone bracket. (Haven't been here since early teens so really won't know myself!)

Good luck with the wi's and week ahead everyone! :)

bear1234 wrote: »
    down 1lb! not expected at all! had a stand in leader too tonight so was dreading being up!

does anybody else feel like sometimes they see the results a week late?? what i mean is sometimes i can be very bad but may still get a good result on the wednesday but then on a week that i might be very good i don't get such a good result? so then after either of those weeks i might see the good/bad result the following week? i'm sorry if i'm not making sense, its hard to explain but i'm just trying to get a grasp on why i'm getting confusing results, sometimes good, sometimes bad!

bear1234 this is definitely me, since the beginning of my ww journey my really good week of exercise and pointing everything wouldnt show until the following week, I've often had a great wk & the scales wouldnt show the effort, followed by not such a great wk & the result would be totally unexpected. It can be such a demotivator when you don't see the result after such a good effort but don't allow it to be.

Listening to my leader it's very common.

Our bodies can work in such mysterious ways.

• Advertisement

JudyD wrote: »
    Also made the gooey chocolate cake posted about a few days ago and WOW is it delicious! So thanks for sharing!!

ooooh can i be cheeky and ask for someone to repost that? i'm new to this thread and wouldn't have a clue where to seach for it! looking for something yummy to bake!

evadiva wrote: »
    bear1234 this is definitely me, since the beginning of my ww journey my really good week of exercise and pointing everything wouldnt show until the following week, I've often had a great wk & the scales wouldnt show the effort, followed by not such a great wk & the result would be totally unexpected. It can be such a demotivator when you don't see the result after such a good effort but don't allow it to be.

Listening to my leader it's very common.

Our bodies can work in such mysterious ways.

thanks eva! so i'm not imagining it!! sometimes its a bit risky because if i'm not so good one week and i'm down anyway i think well this is easy so i might not be as good the following week and then bam! a weight gain caused by 2 weeks in a row of being bold! just nice to know i'm not going crazy:D

As expected, up 2lb :( Oh well, new week and all that...

As you say Monife it's a new week so keep the faith. We do have to leave our hair down every now & then or we'll end up goin stir crazy!! (well i would anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Hi everyone, first time posting in this thread.

Been a WW member for over a year now and doing well but over the past few months I've had some turbulence in my life so I wasn't following the plan as well as I should have been, leading to some very disappointing weeks of weight gain (My fault!).

I also felt I was losing my motivation and I skipped several meetings (just going to be weighed, then leaving), but last night I got weighed and lost a pound and a half-I was thrilled-I'd been exercising a lot more and cutting down on alcohol.

I also stayed for the meeting and it was all about motivation and remembering why you joined in the first place.
    It really helped and I feel more on track than ever.
    Best of luck everyone! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Right...so I found one of those half pounds this week. Alas. Puts an end to my goal of seeing the 14's by today. to be fair though, that goal was a touch ambitious, given the two long weekends. I'm a pound away from that now... but that's perfectly ok, and very achievable.
    Our leader set us a ten week summer challenge today... to lose a pound a week. personally, id love to lose 14.5lb in that time, to be around 14 st by then. ive no idea when i last weighed that, but its great that it seems achievable to me in such a short time. my leader is great like that. coming up with little strategies to motivate us. i hope i can continue in my same class when i go back to work!!
    Ive had a real treat day today. finished off my easter egg. used a few weeklies, but very worth it!! had some friends up for tea... very ww friendly.. goujons, oven chips, and BNS chips too!!! my mam is away for a week, so ive lost my ww buddy... i hope im as good about organising my menu when its just for me!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement