Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

ck83 wrote: »
    Right...so I found one of those half pounds this week. Alas. Puts an end to my goal of seeing the 14's by today. to be fair though, that goal was a touch ambitious, given the two long weekends. I'm a pound away from that now... but that's perfectly ok, and very achievable.
    Our leader set us a ten week summer challenge today... to lose a pound a week. personally, id love to lose 14.5lb in that time, to be around 14 st by then. ive no idea when i last weighed that, but its great that it seems achievable to me in such a short time. my leader is great like that. coming up with little strategies to motivate us. i hope i can continue in my same class when i go back to work!!
    Ive had a real treat day today. finished off my easter egg. used a few weeklies, but very worth it!! had some friends up for tea... very ww friendly.. goujons, oven chips, and BNS chips too!!! my mam is away for a week, so ive lost my ww buddy... i hope im as good about organising my menu when its just for me!!!

Your attitude remains fantastic and I'm sure you'll see a loss this week! :)

I'm going away in 9 weeks so would like to lose a stone in that time. Sure we'll see!

Anyway guys I need help! I normally have lunch in work (either bring it in or make ww friendly stuff from tesco) but there is a formal lunch on in the building today so I have to go out for lunch as there will be nowhere to make food/eat it. I cannot find my eating out guide! Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive lunch to have in Dublin city centre? I don't mind using say, 10 propoints on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Down another 2.5 last night and got my third silver seven - woo! Going away today for a few days though so let's hope I keep being good. While I'm away, I plan on drinking Corona Light - at only 3pp, what else would I be drinking?! The only thing that confuses me though is multiple values - I know one bottle is 3pp but two bottles are 7pp. How do I point bottles from two onwards? Is three bottles 11? Or 10? I'm so confused!

I also got a bottle of WW rose wine. At 2pp for 125 ml, I make that 12pp for the bottle - I'll allow 15pp for multiple values, to be on the safe side. I'm delighted with that little find!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Hey, not sure if everyone knows this but I recently discovered that a Babybel Light is only 1 pp!

I thought that was fantastic 'cos it's a decent amount of cheese for such little pp's-Nice with a glass of wine of an evening!

Also finding the mini packs of Jacob's Mediterranean Crackers at 5pp are well worth it. Had the munchies last night and had a pack topped with 1 LowLow cheese triangle (1pp), slice of ham (1pp) topped with cherry tomatoes.
    It was a satisfying snack and a good way to use up my spare points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

dazzlemoo wrote: »
    Hey, not sure if everyone knows this but I recently discovered that a Babybel Light is only 1 pp!

I thought that was fantastic 'cos it's a decent amount of cheese for such little pp's-Nice with a glass of wine of an evening!

Also finding the mini packs of Jacob's Mediterranean Crackers at 5pp are well worth it. Had the munchies last night and had a pack topped with 1 LowLow cheese triangle (1pp), slice of ham (1pp) topped with cherry tomatoes.
    It was a satisfying snack and a good way to use up my spare points.

1pp for a babybel? That is a fairly decent amount of cheese - will def be buying them next time I am in the supermarket. They are fantastic as a snack! Its a shame they only have the full fat ones on offer where I work though :(

Just checked their site and the full fat ones are only 2. I have been avoiding them cos I figured they may be closer to 4 (always have 4 in my head for a portion of cheese)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bonniexx

Snap!! Just can't seem to stick to it I'm like pacman going around the kitchen!!

Ok so im starting today and taking it one day at a time!!! Bring on the scales next wednesday night;)

1pp for a babybel? That is a fairly decent amount of cheese - will def be buying them next time I am in the supermarket. They are fantastic as a snack! Its a shame they only have the full fat ones on offer where I work though :(

Just checked their site and the full fat ones are only 2. I have been avoiding them cos I figured they may be closer to 4 (always have 4 in my head for a portion of cheese)

Yeah I know, I couldn't believe it.
    2 pp is fairly good too for the fullfat, but 1pp for the Light is amazing and yeah, they're a great snack to have in the fridge.
    They are quite hard to get, I got them in Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pamkin30

had my weigh in at home this morn sts. Im delighted as was -56 points will just have to be careful this week and exercise more so it doesn't catch up on me next week:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

pamkin30 wrote: »
    had my weigh in at home this morn sts. Im delighted as was -56 points will just have to be careful this week and exercise more so it doesn't catch up on me next week:)

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Hi all! Just wondering what the story is with the slim pasta? is it 0pp and where can you get it?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

marvilly wrote: »
    Hi all! Just wondering what the story is with the slim pasta? is it 0pp and where can you get it?:confused:

You get it in health food shops. Haven't tried it but Boop22 (and I think someone else) on here has and wasn't mad about it, said it was very watery. But would be very handy if you want a low PP dinner... It is expensive though.

Just back from an hours walk and feel great, wrecked, but great. So glad I went out now and really hope I can keep it up. Going to try my best to exercise every day this week :)

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    You get it in health food shops. Haven't tried it but Boop22 (and I think someone else) on here has and wasn't mad about it, said it was very watery. But would be very handy if you want a low PP dinner... It is expensive though.

Just back from an hours walk and feel great, wrecked, but great. So glad I went out now and really hope I can keep it up. Going to try my best to exercise every day this week :)

I've tried and while it didnt taste like much its fine for anything with a sauce. I think you have to be careful not to cook it for much longer than the 3 mins stated and to be sure to rinse it really well first. I didnt find it watery, thought the texture was ok but there was no flavour whatsoever. Not something to be eaten every time you want pasta/noodles but when you are low on pp then it does the business!

Monife wrote: »

I figured there would be a catch:o 0pp pasta was just too good to be true;);)thanks for letting me know!

I've tried and while it didnt taste like much its fine for anything with a sauce. I think you have to be careful not to cook it for much longer than the 3 mins stated and to be sure to rinse it really well first. I didnt find it watery, thought the texture was ok but there was no flavour whatsoever. Not something to be eaten every time you want pasta/noodles but when you are low on pp then it does the business!

worth a shot-I must try it and see!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ballybabe

Hi just recently went back to ww and finding it so hard. i'm on 26 points and i'm starvin most of the time. have lost 3.5lbs in two weeks and i'm really frustrated with it. i walk every day (fairly fast) for an hour and then do some sit ups etc at home every night. i know i should be patient but only .5 of lb and i was so good not a bit of chocolate. i'd love to know where i'm going wrong! only got 9 weeks til hols and i want to be at goal by then i've got 14lbs to go!!

Well done for rejoining.

I know exactly how frustrating it can be when you've been good all week and you get weighed and haven't lost as much as you hoped but don't give up.

There've been weeks when I've eaten so healthily and exercised, then didn't lose anything and I was so disheartened, but your body has to get used to this new way of eating and you will find the weight will start coming off as the weeks go by.

I know some people who joined WW, followed the plan for three weeks, weren't happy 'cos their weightloss wasn't what they were expecting and they left. But what's that going to do?

You have two choices-lose weight or go back to how you used to be.
    I was having a tough few months last year and gained weight most weeks because I wasn't following the plan and wasn't tracking every day, but that was my fault.

I have gotten back on track now and I eat much better and walk every day..the weight is starting to come off now.
    Yes, it's coming off slowly but it's much healthier to lose weight slowly rather than lose it too quickly and pile it back on again.

Don't give up. Carry on with the good work you're doing and you'll soon reap the benefits.
    Don't go back to your old way of eating. You'll feel ten times worse.
    Congratulate yourself for this healthy lifestyle you've taken on and be proud of all your acheivements, no matter how small they are.

A weight loss is a weight loss, no matter how much it is and it's far better to lose a pound than it is to put one on every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I understand that this is a very random post BUT, I just got my hair trimmed!

I usually always keep my hair long as I feel the shorter it is the rounder my face looks (fatter is another word I could replace rounder with!!)

I asked for a good bit off this time and I am soo happy with it! My face is actually no longer quite round and now my hair is shortish, shoulder length!

HAPPY DAYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I understand that this is a very random post BUT, I just got my hair trimmed!

I usually always keep my hair long as I feel the shorter it is the rounder my face looks (fatter is another word I could replace rounder with!!)

I asked for a good bit off this time and I am soo happy with it! My face is actually no longer quite round and now my hair is shortish, shoulder length!

HAPPY DAYS!
    I think that's what's called a non-scales achievement!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

ballybabe wrote: »
    Hi just recently went back to ww and finding it so hard. i'm on 26 points and i'm starvin most of the time. have lost 3.5lbs in two weeks and i'm really frustrated with it. i walk every day (fairly fast) for an hour and then do some sit ups etc at home every night. i know i should be patient but only .5 of lb and i was so good not a bit of chocolate. i'd love to know where i'm going wrong! only got 9 weeks til hols and i want to be at goal by then i've got 14lbs to go!!

ballybabe Wat kind of foods are you eating & at wat times. Protein keeps u fuller for longer so it may be best to have more protein wit ur evening meal. Also do you use ur weeklies.

Well done for going back though, i know its hard when you don't see high results but slower weight loss is better long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

bear1234 wrote: »
    ooooh can i be cheeky and ask for someone to repost that? i'm new to this thread and wouldn't have a clue where to seach for it! looking for something yummy to bake!

here you go

messrs wrote: »
    got this recipe from Mary tonite

Googy Chocolate Cake - 42 pro points per whole recipe

spray oil
    40g (1.5oz) coca sifted ( bourneville for extra chocolatey taste)
    175g (6oz) soft dark brown sugar
    125g (4.5oz) self raising flour
    60g (2oz) low fat spread
    175ml ( 6fl oz) skimmed milk
    300ml boiling water

preheat oven to 180c,(160 fan oven) gas mark 4 and spray a 9inch (23cm) deep baking dish with spray oil
    in a mixing bowl stir together 20g coca with 125g sugar and the flour. Add the melted low fat spread and the milk - stir well then scrape into the baking tin
    mix 20g cocoa and 50g sugar with boiling water and pour over the sponge mixture in the tin
    bake for 30 mins during which time the pudding will seperate into a light sponge on top of a chocolate sauce
    cool for 5 mins before serving

• Advertisement

Well done for rejoining.

I know exactly how frustrating it can be when you've been good all week and you get weighed and haven't lost as much as you hoped but don't give up.

There've been weeks when I've eaten so healthily and exercised, then didn't lose anything and I was so disheartened, but your body has to get used to this new way of eating and you will find the weight will start coming off as the weeks go by.

I know some people who joined WW, followed the plan for three weeks, weren't happy 'cos their weightloss wasn't what they were expecting and they left. But what's that going to do?

You have two choices-lose weight or go back to how you used to be.
    I was having a tough few months last year and gained weight most weeks because I wasn't following the plan and wasn't tracking every day, but that was my fault.

I have gotten back on track now and I eat much better and walk every day..the weight is starting to come off now.
    Yes, it's coming off slowly but it's much healthier to lose weight slowly rather than lose it too quickly and pile it back on again.

Don't give up. Carry on with the good work you're doing and you'll soon reap the benefits.
    Don't go back to your old way of eating. You'll feel ten times worse.
    Congratulate yourself for this healthy lifestyle you've taken on and be proud of all your acheivements, no matter how small they are.

A weight loss is a weight loss, no matter how much it is and it's far better to lose a pound than it is to put one on every week.
    thanks for the strong words of encouragement. I'm just after doing my last track for the nite so I'm ere on hot water now. I will track for the next 7 days religiously and c where that gets me! i will be patient as i know that no food makes ya feel as good as when ya get to ur target so I'm still positive and its great that my hubbie is doing this as well.

evadiva wrote: »
    ballybabe Wat kind of foods are you eating & at wat times. Protein keeps u fuller for longer so it may be best to have more protein wit ur evening meal. Also do you use ur weeklies.

Well done for going back though, i know its hard when you don't see high results but slower weight loss is better long term.

I'm a coeliac as well so i tend to go for porridge in morning. then lunch would be no points soup and crackers with ham n spreadable cheese. dinner would be potatoes chicken/salmon and vegetables. I find the gluten free foods so high in points so i eat a lot of rice cakes n my down fall is nutella on them as a treat! but I'm measuring the nutella from today. maybe i was too generous with it and not pointing it right. i eat the weight watchers yoghurt as well. hard to have gluten free low fat foods so i'm between two books which are my bibles!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

cosmic wrote: »
    Down another 2.5 last night and got my third silver seven - woo! Going away today for a few days though so let's hope I keep being good. While I'm away, I plan on drinking Corona Light - at only 3pp, what else would I be drinking?! The only thing that confuses me though is multiple values - I know one bottle is 3pp but two bottles are 7pp. How do I point bottles from two onwards? Is three bottles 11? Or 10? I'm so confused!

I also got a bottle of WW rose wine. At 2pp for 125 ml, I make that 12pp for the bottle - I'll allow 15pp for multiple values, to be on the safe side. I'm delighted with that little find!

OOOH I will be on the look out for that wine!

WI today and I was up half a pound I was kinda expecting 1 so happy enough, I will see it gone next week! on wards and downwards:)

Went to everlys to get my gait measured, looks like I have a problem with my right foot around the heel and arch its been hurting me quite a bit lately, but I need support in my shoes as well as a runner that gives support to that part of my foot! its very painful tonight after all my walking today, might have to think of cycling and swimming to give it a rest

For those who have unexplained gains my very good friend had a 3 pound gain, but she tracked and if any thing over pointed her treats on Easter Sunday so she should of been down or a sts, when we got back to my house we checked on my salter scales just to compare, and her water % was sky high so some times we did the right things and that gain is our bodies and not any thing we did wrong and it will correct it self and show!

Baby75 wrote: »
    OOOH I will be on the look out for that wine!

WI today and I was up half a pound I was kinda expecting 1 so happy enough, I will see it gone next week! on wards and downwards:)

Went to everlys to get my gait measured, looks like I have a problem with my right foot around the heel and arch its been hurting me quite a bit lately, but I need support in my shoes as well as a runner that gives support to that part of my foot! its very painful tonight after all my walking today, might have to think of cycling and swimming to give it a rest

For those who have unexplained gains my very good friend had a 3 pound gain, but she tracked and if any thing over pointed her treats on Easter Sunday so she should of been down or a sts, when we got back to my house we checked on my salter scales just to compare, and her water % was sky high so some times we did the right things and that gain is our bodies and not any thing we did wrong and it will correct it self and show!

I'd love if the WW scales at the meeting told you all that. Though I suppose WI's would take much longer then. There is already so much going on on that little screen I have no idea where to look. WOuld be good to know though!!

My back is taking its sweet time to get better, I'm hoping by the end of the day tomorrow it'll be back to normal. On the plus I have decided to ditch the car in favour of walking to the dart (cant afford the petrol or the parking any more) So I have an extra 40 mins of walking per day, added to the 10 mins each way on the other end of the dart line, I'll now be doing an hours walk 5 days a week! Hoping that will make up for the fact I cant do anything else at the moment (and all walks are taking a bit longer with my back the way it is).

Been so good with food so far. Haven't touched a weekly - was 2 under my dailies yesterday and spot on today. Going to this place on sat night http://www.rivatownhouse.ie/html/home.html Any suggestuons on what to order. Was going to suggest that we just get one starter and one dessert and share those (i'll let him eat most) and then just have a main to myself. Though he may want to do the set menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

[/QUOTE] I'm a coeliac as well so i tend to go for porridge in morning. then lunch would be no points soup and crackers with ham n spreadable cheese. dinner would be potatoes chicken/salmon and vegetables. I find the gluten free foods so high in points so i eat a lot of rice cakes n my down fall is nutella on them as a treat! but I'm measuring the nutella from today. maybe i was too generous with it and not pointing it right. i eat the weight watchers yoghurt as well. hard to have gluten free low fat foods so i'm between two books which are my bibles!!![/Quote]

It must be very hard to get gluten free low fat foods, if you are doing a lot of walking it may be worth using some of your activity points as you could be under eating also plus there's nothing worse than hunger pains!!

Keep at it, it will be sooo worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MaryMaryMary

Rejoined WW last night after 10 weeks absence and had a gain on 5.5llbs... :-(
    So im looking for some lunch idea's -without bread! I used to always have the homemade soup -but am sick of it!
    Any nice filling idea's ladies?

• Advertisement

So im looking for some lunch idea's -without bread! I used to always have the homemade soup -but am sick of it!

Congrats on rejoining!
    Don't worry too much about your gain.
    I also get sick of bread and soup too so sometimes I have a wrap (for 5pp) and fill it with 3 slices of wafer thin ham (you can have three slices of wafer thin ham for 1pp), tomato, lettuce, red onion, gherkin, and then I fold up the wrap and toast it in my George Foreman machine til it's slightly crispy.
    That's only 6pp for the whole thing and it's tasty and filling.

Or try 4 Ryvitas (4pp for 4) and top with LowLow triangle cheese (2 triangles for 1pp) and cherry tomatoes and oregano.

Crackerbreads are nice too-I think it's 1pp for two but I might need some clarification there.

I also make my own tomato sauce (2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic crushed, 1 red onion diced, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil-all put in a pan and boiled, then simmered. 0pp)..
    Use this sauce for pasta or you could spread it on a pizza base (I think the Napolina pizza bases are 5pp) and top with vegetables, then grill.

It depends on how many points you want to use really. I tend to use a lot for lunch. I find I need more food to get me through work and the options I have are higher points. When I am home at night I dont eat as much and if I need to I have more access to low pp alternatives.

I find a nice salad with lots of 0pp veg (you can get huge variety) with a large tin of tuna (3pp) and soem extra lite mayo (1pp) - maybe throw in some sweet chilli sauce or even just some spice to the mayo. Small bag of popcorn on top of that, or some fruit, or a few ryvita or cracottes is good. Can substitute the the tune for chicken - or throw in some ham or turkey or even boiled eggs instead, any protein works well with salad. The best thing is to try not the eat the same thing every day because it gets boring really quickly. Freeze homemade soup in portions so you can have it one or 2 days a week. Also leftovers from dinner the night before are handy enough - half a portion of whatever you had with some salad or fruit is usually filling enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

morning folks...

Missed WI this week as i was sick... finally got back some strength and hit the park last night for 40 mins... its not much but its a start. Like the rest of you, my scales at home was showing STS or up 1lb so I want to make a concious effort to be down at least 2 next week.

i was teetering off the wagon for the last week... had a feeling of "ah feck it!" I'm happy as I am, but i still want to lose more to feel more comfortable. I find anytime i hit a mini goal and get complacent and slack off... NOT ANYMORE!!!

I have never been this close to goal (im within a stone) so I really want to stick to it this time....

Thanks for the idea's - I always tended to have the soup as it was a low point option- but honestly, i dont think i can stomach it anymore! Good idea re toasted wrap. i need to make a list and do my shopping!
    Only problem with joining last night was i am going to the city for the weekend, which means drinking and eating out. Ill have to stick with my bulmers light, eat main course only and no fry on Sunday morning! And also starve myself next week too....... Oh im feeling sooooooooooooo sorry for myself! But i have to lose those 5.5llbs in the next two weeks and NO excuses!!!

Thanks for the idea's - I always tended to have the soup as it was a low point option- but honestly, i dont think i can stomach it anymore! Good idea re toasted wrap. i need to make a list and do my shopping!
    Only problem with joining last night was i am going to the city for the weekend, which means drinking and eating out. Ill have to stick with my bulmers light, eat main course only and no fry on Sunday morning! And also starve myself next week too....... Oh im feeling sooooooooooooo sorry for myself! But i have to lose those 5.5llbs in the next two weeks and NO excuses!!!

Best of luck with the weekend away. They are always tricky but you seem to have good ideas to stay on track. I would say still eat all your dailies on the other days, and dont starve yourself. You can plan well during the day to save the 49 weeklies for dinner, drinks and breakfast the next day.

Also try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Set realistic goals and if you exceed them all the better. If you aim for big losses every week you are setting yourself up for disappointment and more likely to fall off the wagon. Its taken 10 weeks for that 5.5 to go on, so to expect it off in 2 weeks is a tall order (though you may be pleasantly surprised).

Best of luck!!

• Advertisement

Oh good lord - I brought an Uncle Bens Rice time, spicy tikka masala for lunch today - I thought it was about 8 points, but double checked it and its 12POINTS! :mad: 9.5 points left for the rest of the day - what a foolish waste of good points!
    I need to do a proper shopping asap!

Wow, that's high!
    And they're quite small too, aren't they?
    Well, at least you know now-we all make mistakes!
    9.5 points left for the rest of the day? Have you got any weeklies left?
    If not, fill up on salad and maybe some eggs? They're so filling

Yep = it as small, and defo not worth 12 points! Typical convenience food!
    Im keeping all of my weekly's for a few drinks tomorrow night! :)
    I think an omlette is the way to go for dinner tonight, with loads of veg/Salad and get my fat ass out the door for a walk..!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

My patience is wavering today folks... this day is just DRAGGING in... and because of the bore/ peed off feeling I am craving a singapore chow mein.... ahhhhhh.... I MUST BE GOOD I MUST BE GOOD I MUST BE GOOD!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ali85 wrote: »
    My patience is wavering today folks... this day is just DRAGGING in... and because of the bore/ peed off feeling I am craving a singapore chow mein.... ahhhhhh.... I MUST BE GOOD I MUST BE GOOD I MUST BE GOOD!!!

Aren't chow mein's only 10PP? If so, give in to your craving because you will feel satisfied then :)

You're right, ali85, this day is dragging by for some reason!
    I got the munchies a few minutes ago..luckily I had some wafer thin ham and LowLow triangles in the fridge. Had a slice of the ham and 1 triangle, for only 2 pp's together..staved off the hunger til dinner.
    Making a home made Jalfrezi which I'm really looking forward to.
    I'm sure there are low fat Chow Mein recipes out there...Check the BBC Food website for some ideas and KEEP STRONG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

ali85 wrote: »

Stop! step away from the Singapore chow mein!:) hey wait are they not to bad on the PP how about making your own!!!

we are having Friday favorite Sausage pasta bake

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

messrs wrote: »
    here you go

thank you so much! can't wait to try this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I'm eating out for the second time this week tonight! :o Decided to treat myself to a Chinese takeaway for dinner on Wednesday but I had planned it the day before so that I could leave a good few dailies to go towards it (16 to be percise!) and took 4 from my weeklies. I got a veg curry with boiled rice (20 points in total) from a takeaway purposely chosen because they claim not to add MSGs to their food, so I think I've been good! The rest of my weeklies will probably go towards wherever we decide to eat tonight as well as 14 dailies, so here's hoping I'm not doing much damage :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Need some help pro-pointing ice-cream!

Its Triple Choc Killeigh Farm Ice-Cream from Aldi- according to the info on the back which I have checked and re-checked there are 3pp per 100ml. I checked on an online calculator and 100ml apparently converts to 100g- but when I weighed it out its a very very very generous portion of ice-cream, in other words it has to be too good to be true- anybody familiar with this ice-cream?

Have 3pp left and wanna treat myself but I'm not convinced!

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

You're right, ali85, this day is dragging by for some reason!
    I got the munchies a few minutes ago..luckily I had some wafer thin ham and LowLow triangles in the fridge. Had a slice of the ham and 1 triangle, for only 2 pp's together..staved off the hunger til dinner.
    Making a home made Jalfrezi which I'm really looking forward to.
    I'm sure there are low fat Chow Mein recipes out there...Check the BBC Food website for some ideas and KEEP STRONG!

Could you post your recipe for your home made Jalfrezi please?! :D
    Baby75 wrote: »
    Stop! step away from the Singapore chow mein!:) hey wait are they not to bad on the PP how about making your own!!!

we are having Friday favorite Sausage pasta bake

Could you post your recipe for your Sausage pasta bake please?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Sausage pasta bake sounds yum share receipe please

Made the fragrant chicken and tomato pasta bake from the complete kitchen cook book and the portions are HUGE!! And if you use chicken breasts its only 8pp. So delicious as well, am so stuffed right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mamie73

Made the fragrant chicken and tomato pasta bake from the complete kitchen cook book and the portions are HUGE!! And if you use chicken breasts its only 8pp. So delicious as well, am so stuffed right now.
    Would u mind posting the recipe as I love pasta bake,thanks!

mamie73 wrote: »
    Would u mind posting the recipe as I love pasta bake,thanks!

Will be posting on my blog later this evening, link in my sig. But there is a you tube vid of someone making it which is pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Just wondering, I was thinking of my 49 weeklys for special occasions but am finding that I'm quiet hungry each day so I'm just wondering does any one use their weeklys for extra pts each day some days I could do with 2 extra pts

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

Just wondering, I was thinking of my 49 weeklys for special occasions but am finding that I'm quiet hungry each day so I'm just wondering does any one use their weeklys for extra pts each day some days I could do with 2 extra pts

i use 5 or 6 each day of my weeklies i never leave any left at the end of the week and the weight is still coming off.. so treat yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

I've tried this a few weeks where I haven't needed my weeklies for anything in particular and I've seen a good loss those weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Well that's my weeklies used until next WI on Monday! Had an absolutely gorgeous Thai Dinner at the Lemongrass in CityWest last night (I'd highly recommend). Went for a lovely salad as a starter then had a Turkey with Cashew Nut StirFry with brown rice and a wee slice of apple tart when I got home - delish! I had about 50 points in total to go towards it between weeklies and dailies so here's hoping I didn't do too much damage! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Ok after a week off work, 4 nights away and a night out, I'm back on track today. Missed wi last week and am only dreading stepping on the scales this thurs. Gonna be super good until then and pray for nothing more than a 2 pound gain :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement