Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Now you listen here Mrs. Motivator! :) You are doing everything right & you know it will show eventually, and think of the amazingness that you're doing to your health!. You keep everyone else motivated on here & we all wish that we were as disciplined as you are. So chin up, this will pass & you'll be back to normal kicking all our asses in a few days! :D;):p

Thanks baileypants. Just really frustrated at the moment. Just had a lovely 6pp of garlic lemon chicken and loadsa veggies. Am just gettin on the wii fit nw. Cant understand whats happening at all at all at all... oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey ali you know sure were always saying we can't figure it out sometimes and our bodies can just be playing up etc. So maybe after a week where you used all your weeklies and not this week that could be playing up, retaining water etc etc! Are you eating the same things alot, are you using too many points on treats and not 'proper' food, too much exercise, not using enough weeklies to balance etc. I always try and sit back and think about what I'm doing and I have my old trackers and look back at them at weeks I've lost/haven't. I try to eat a different breakfast, lunch and dinner every day and vary the exercise?

There are so many reasons but if you know that you have put the work in it will show eventually. And like that don't get too hung up on numbers, it's about a change in lifestyle so it all pays off

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

What a bummer!

Just started an internship and I haven't been paid in the 4 weeks I have been there!!
    Unfortunately I can't even afford to go to weight watchers.. I might have a home weigh in tomorrow night and record it myself!

Oh a sign of the times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Really happy with myself this week. Have exercised every day except Sunday and even went for 2 walks (sooo unlike me) on Friday and a longer one than expected today (albeit only 50 minutes but had planned a half an hour one). Had a really yummy dinner tonight: Chicken breast done in Maggi So Juicy Paprika (3PP per sachet and I did 3 chicken breasts in it, so 1PP per serve) with a baked potatoe, carrots and 2 spoons of beans. Yum!! Really hoping for a good loss this week as I think I totally deserve it this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Am so worried about WI tomorrow, after promising I would be good today I think I threw it all away on the quiche and the crisps. I am hoping for a STS - I guess this week is only the 2nd time where I am worried I might be up and I think i deserve to be. So far I havent been up at all but every week I think its bound to happen sooner or later. I bet tomorrow in work is goingto be the longest, hungriest day ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

OMG!! What a steal!!!! Goodfella's have produced 2 low fat pizza's! The tomatoe and mozzarella one is 10PP and the chargrilled chicken one is 11PP for the WHOLE thing!! It is called the Delizia range!!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272601529

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272601322

(You will need to register with Tesco online to view the pizza's, you just enter your clubcard number and contact details to register)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

ck83 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! You reminded me that I cut a recipe out of a ww mag recently for pizza. Recipe is quite similar, so I'm going to give that ago this pm. Do you think it would freeze well? The recipe makes four. Would be handy to have a few bases in the freezer ready to go.
    Right. Off to get some yeast...

I made this earlier... scrumptious!!! The recipe was 13 pp (mine was actually 15, because I used extra cheese), but i'd had a light lunch, so had the pp... worth every one! Thanks Ali... it would never have occurred to me to make a pizza base myself, but I'll definitely be doing it again. It could be made a bit smaller for less pp, because 13 isn't exactly crazy low!!! Turns out i didn't need to worry about how well they'd freeze, because my brother and my niece arrived in, and i ended up feeding the masses!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Monife wrote: »
    OMG!! What a steal!!!! Goodfella's have produced 2 low fat pizza's! The tomatoe and mozzarella one is 10PP and the chargrilled chicken one is 11PP for the WHOLE thing!! It is called the Delizia range!

Wow! I'm totally going on the hunt for these. Has anyone actually seen them in the shops yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Down 2lb shocked is the only word I can use!!

• Advertisement

morning folks...thanks for the messages of support. I think it could be water retention... i have been working out quite a lot trying to tone up the aul belly area...worked out for an hour last night. I think a major problem I was having was as much as I was working out i wasn't drinking nearly enough water. Have bottle in hand all day today... i am off work today so I plan on going to the park for a while, have made some lovely fruit salad for snacks...

Foodwise i have been trying to change things up a bit. I went a bit hell for leather on chicken fajita wraps for a while (they were just so god damn tasty! ) am trying out new veggies and new dinner options.

Looking forward to reading how well you all do at WI today... you all seem to be flying!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Down 2lb shocked is the only word I can use!!

Congrats! That's fantastic.
    I'm getting weighed this evening.
    I think I've had a good week, possibly ate a little too much on Sunday but I'm hoping my four long walks would have helped.
    I'll let you know tonight how I got on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

dietdiva wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Love reading this motivating thread. I'm getting a longing for a hot chicken fillet from spar etc - i'll go without the roll, far too many points! Anyone know the points of the chicken fillet?

Thanks in advance.

I asked the garage across from work they use fresh chicken breast in homemade bread crumbs so i give that 8pp The wholemeal demi Baguette is 8pp so you could have it as a treat sometime i know i do when I know I wont be having a big dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I was down 1lb today... which is great cause we were away for the weekend and ate everything.. but I'm still 2lb heavier than i was two weeks ago..

Just had a Demi Baguette 8pp, Ham 1pp Sweet chilli 1pp Lettuce,& tomatoes and a packet of snax for lunch so that was great for 12pp

Have 14pp left for dinner and it just struck me i never took the mince out of the freezer.. so choices will be well limited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

dietdiva wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Love reading this motivating thread. I'm getting a longing for a hot chicken fillet from spar etc - i'll go without the roll, far too many points! Anyone know the points of the chicken fillet?

Thanks in advance.

I asked the garage across from work they use fresh chicken breast in homemade bread crumbs so i give that 8pp The wholemeal demi Baguette is 8pp so you could have it as a treat sometime i know i do when I know I wont be having a big dinner

Just check their cooking methods. Most places oven bake, but I used to work in a deli where they were deep fried!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all!

I'm back from a week in lovely Kinsale and I have to say I didn't track at all!
    Ah sure it is the gourmet capital of Ireland after all! :D

But yesterday I was straight back into my tracking and was at the gym, so hopefully a couple of really good weeks will see me right again. I think I'll skip weighing myself for a couple of weeks just so I can give myself a chance to catch up!

I was half a stone from goal before leaving for Cork and I'm sure I'm closer to the stone now, but I'll get there this year - DEFFO!!

:D

• Advertisement

If anyone is into fish cakes - I got some of the smoked haddock ones from Lidl and they are yum! For only 1.99 for 4 they're great value and 4PP each.

dammitj wrote: »
    If anyone is into fish cakes - I got some of the smoked haddock ones from Lidl and they are yum! For only 1.99 for 4 they're great value and 4PP each.

Oh could you post a pic of the box or something. I love fishcakes and 4pp is brilliant. What size are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Up a pound and a half. Was a bit disappointed as I stayed within my points religiously this week.:(

Up a pound and a half. Was a bit disappointed as I stayed within my points religiously this week.:(

Don't let it get you down, you have been doing so AMAZINGLY over the past few weeks. Was following you on the skinny doll challenge and you lost like 15lbs in 6 weeks. So think of this as just a blip - could be down to anything, even just your body doing funny things. Stay on track and you should keep getting the resutls!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Don't let it get you down, you have been doing so AMAZINGLY over the past few weeks. Was following you on the skinny doll challenge and you lost like 15lbs in 6 weeks. So think of this as just a blip - could be down to anything, even just your body doing funny things. Stay on track and you should keep getting the resutls!
    Thanks. Yeah I'm happy with my progress. I think it's because I'm super stressed with college as this fortnight is the end of my semester and then I have to start my thesis. I've loads of projects due (5 in 2 weeks!) so I haven't been able to exercise. Hopefully I'll manage to maintain next week and then I can get back on track.

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »

oh you just reminded me, I don't know if anyone else saw these or posted about them already, but I found spring rolls in aldi for 1pp each... :D 1pp each up to number 5 when 5 of them = 6pp :D

They are the party pack ones.not too big mind you, but they come in a box of 20 or 25. Sooooo tasty with some sweet chilli sauce. I had them with some veggie rice... they were DELISH!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Down 1lb last night - I've come to a point where I know ther closer I get to goal the harder it will be to shed the pounds and its made me really appreciate any amount of a loss so I'm thrilled with that! May have went on a bit of a chocolate binge afterwards but feck it that was last weeks eating and I'm onto a fresh new green book! :D
    I made the chocolate brownies yesterday from a recipe out of one of the WW magazines and my god were they good! The recipe includes malteasers so ya can only imagine how good! 3pp each but a small enough portion, still worth it as a treat every now and then maybe even heated up with a bit of ice cream as a dessert, yum!
    Anyway, best of luck to everyone with this weeks WIs!

Does anyone know a 0pp recipe to make sauce for spaghetti bolognese? Passata is a first anyway yeah?

I know how you feel.
    My weigh in is this evening and I think I'm up even though I tracked religiously and went for walks.
    I don't generally weigh myself too often at home, but I did today and it's not looking like I've shifted any weight this week.
    I'll know for sure later, keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Taz1 wrote: »
    Down 1lb last night - I've come to a point where I know ther closer I get to goal the harder it will be to shed the pounds and its made me really appreciate any amount of a loss so I'm thrilled with that! May have went on a bit of a chocolate binge afterwards but feck it that was last weeks eating and I'm onto a fresh new green book! :D
    I made the chocolate brownies yesterday from a recipe out of one of the WW magazines and my god were they good! The recipe includes malteasers so ya can only imagine how good! 3pp each but a small enough portion, still worth it as a treat every now and then maybe even heated up with a bit of ice cream as a dessert, yum!

Does anyone know a 0pp recipe to make sauce for spaghetti bolognese? Passata is a first anyway yeah?

I made those brownies - with the prunes in them too? COuldnt taste the malteasers myself but i crused them up pretty small.
    Tthey were good brownies.

I made those brownies - with the prunes in them too? COuldnt taste the malteasers myself but i crused them up pretty small.
    Tthey were good brownies.

Yup. I don't like prunes though so I left them out! Think it made them even more chocolately :)

Yup. I don't like prunes though so I left them out! Think it made them even more chocolately :)

I cute the prunes up into tiny pieces, practically pureed and i think they just added a bit more sweetness and moisture. Didnt taste like prune at all.

I cute the prunes up into tiny pieces, practically pureed and i think they just added a bit more sweetness and moisture. Didnt taste like prune at all.

Hmmm interesting because yeah I would have said they lacked a bit of moisture - might try that next time so!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

is there any chance you could post that receipe please? i cant find it on the thread. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

for anyone doing WW by themselves, ive done up my own lil tracker sheet!! if anyone would like a hardcopy of it just let me know. im goin sticking it up on the fridge rather that having it tucked away in a notebook hiding when im bad!!!lol
    been very good so far this week, and the water is going in like im preparing for a drought!! fingers crossed for fri morning!!! well done to those who hav lost already this week and good luck to those with WIs approaching!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

I think this recipe is good for 9pp per portion as spag boll can be quite high in points depending on what you use.

i used it for a lasagne at the weekend too and was lovely

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7009542

• Advertisement

Down half a pound tonight. Thrilled after my weekend away and 3 course dinner!! Gonna be so good this week and my back is nearly back to normal so bumping up the exercise again to give it a boost.

Best of luck everyone this week :-)

Think i may have pointed quorn mince wrong. I pointed 100g at 3points according to the packet but that didn't say from frozen. 100g would probably be double that wouldn't it?

Hey everyone.
    I got weighed this evening-up 1lb. I wasn't surprised 'cos I'd weighed myself this morning and thought I'd be up, but I'd had a really good week and tracked everything.
    Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully see a result next week.
    The leader said a good week won't pass me by, so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi can anyone clarify how many pp in 2 slices of ww bread. Is it 2pp or 3pp??

Boop22 wrote: »

Its 3 pp unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Its 3 pp unfortunately!

Thanks taz, I've been pointing it wrong all along so. I think i wud rather just have normal bread for the extra 2 pp if that's the case!!

Thanks taz, I've been pointing it wrong all along so. I think i wud rather just have normal bread for the extra 2 pp if that's the case!!

Yeah just be careful with 'normal bread' coz they're not all 2pp per slice, as our leader informed us this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

i've been pointing that wrong too! those sneaky multiples!!

Our leader was also talking about bread and mentioned that the thick soda bread, yknow McCambridge's....two slices of that is 6PP, which some people found high, but someone made a good point-if it fills you up more than regular bread,then it's probably better.

I might try some this week and see. Getting fed up with the usual brown bread.

• Advertisement

dazzlemoo wrote: »
    Our leader was also talking about bread and mentioned that the thick soda bread, yknow McCambridge's....two slices of that is 6PP, which some people found high, but someone made a good point-if it fills you up more than regular bread,then it's probably better.

I might try some this week and see. Getting fed up with the usual brown bread.

Yeah it is quite high but I look at it like that too. I sometimes have it with a bowl of 0/1 pp soup to help fill me up a bit, I think soup tastes the best with brown soda bread anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

hey havent wrote anything in a few weeks as i began to fall off the wagon, it started when i was farming and fell, chipped my tailbone. was/is really sore and the painkillers killed my stomach so ate wayy too much. couldnt exercise and just felt pure rotten. still not right but decided that it was now or never!

anyways back on track, drinking loads of water and trying some light exercise
    this thread is awesome!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

I was down 1lb today... which is great cause we were away for the weekend and ate everything.. but I'm still 2lb heavier than i was two weeks ago..

Just had a Demi Baguette 8pp, Ham 1pp Sweet chilli 1pp Lettuce,& tomatoes and a packet of snax for lunch so that was great for 12pp

Have 14pp left for dinner and it just struck me i never took the mince out of the freezer.. so choices will be well limited!

Fantastic Lisa! Well done!! :-)

Youve been doing fantasticly WW! Don't let one week get you down. It'll all show on the scales eventually x

So proud of myself - my 2nd week walking instead of driving to the dart station. I was convinced when I started I would break if it was raining, but I've started to look forward to the walk in the morning so much I was happy to head out in the rain. Sitting a little damper in work for it but still feeling good.

I find the walk in the morning sets me up for the day, and in the evening it builds up my apetite for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Yeah it is quite high but I look at it like that too. I sometimes have it with a bowl of 0/1 pp soup to help fill me up a bit, I think soup tastes the best with brown soda bread anyway!

The dunnes stores own wheaten square brown bread is only 4 for 2 have checked and double checked!! :)

• Advertisement

Oh could you post a pic of the box or something. I love fishcakes and 4pp is brilliant. What size are they?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/lidl-reef-crest-4-smoked-haddock-fishcakes-cooked-11252977

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

have my WI tomorrow morning and so annoyed with myself, was so good tracked everything exercised every night, until last night :( got my totm yesterday so had a fine day food wise made sausage pasta bake and with that my points for the day were perfect. BUT THEN ate 4 rivita crackerbread with butter, 2 bags of velvet crunch and half an easter egg (mini), oh the shame :mad: Now still haven't gone over my weeklys but i was just so annoyed i had been so good. hope it doesn't have to major of effect on my wi tomorrow. Draw a line and start again :D

morning folks.

was great seeing how well ya all did at WIs so far... WELL DONE ALL!!! :D:D

im proper dreading tonight. i really have been trying, especially after missing last week, but my scales has me the same as 2 weeks ago. not a happy camper but sure we will see tonight.

I have been using I Watcher app for my tracking which is great but i find it a little bit odd when it comes to weeklies. i think i might use the paper tracker for my weeklies for next week.

i have gained 32 activity points and only used 15 weeklies... think i may have messed up somewhere here... oh well with 7 hours til WI there is not much i can do about it now...

keep up the good work folks!!!

Down half a pound tonight. Thrilled after my weekend away and 3 course dinner!! Gonna be so good this week and my back is nearly back to normal so bumping up the exercise again to give it a boost.

Best of luck everyone this week :-)

Fantastic result Tiny! Fair play! :D
    dazzlemoo wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    I got weighed this evening-up 1lb. I wasn't surprised 'cos I'd weighed myself this morning and thought I'd be up, but I'd had a really good week and tracked everything.
    Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully see a result next week.
    The leader said a good week won't pass me by, so fingers crossed!

Sometimes it takes a week for the work to show, so don't loose faith. Remember slow and steady wins the race ;)
    Fungums wrote: »
    hey havent wrote anything in a few weeks as i began to fall off the wagon, it started when i was farming and fell, chipped my tailbone. was/is really sore and the painkillers killed my stomach so ate wayy too much. couldnt exercise and just felt pure rotten. still not right but decided that it was now or never!

anyways back on track, drinking loads of water and trying some light exercise
    this thread is awesome!!!!

Wow, sounds seriously painful! Just start back slowly & you'll get there :)
    So proud of myself - my 2nd week walking instead of driving to the dart station. I was convinced when I started I would break if it was raining, but I've started to look forward to the walk in the morning so much I was happy to head out in the rain. Sitting a little damper in work for it but still feeling good.

I find the walk in the morning sets me up for the day, and in the evening it builds up my apetite for dinner.

That is fantastic Tiny! Seriously good determination from you there! Amazing! :D
    ali85 wrote: »
    morning folks.

was great seeing how well ya all did at WIs so far... WELL DONE ALL!!! :D:D

im proper dreading tonight. i really have been trying, especially after missing last week, but my scales has me the same as 2 weeks ago. not a happy camper but sure we will see tonight.

I have been using I Watcher app for my tracking which is great but i find it a little bit odd when it comes to weeklies. i think i might use the paper tracker for my weeklies for next week.

i have gained 32 activity points and only used 15 weeklies... think i may have messed up somewhere here... oh well with 7 hours til WI there is not much i can do about it now...

keep up the good work folks!!!

My guy leader said that women for some reason really beat themselves up over one week. He said that guys for some reason look at it on the whole but that women would nearly be crying if they're up one week. One week doesn't matter & it'll happen for sure. Just try to remember that on the scales this evening. Good luck hun!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Think i may have pointed quorn mince wrong. I pointed 100g at 3points according to the packet but that didn't say from frozen. 100g would probably be double that wouldn't it?

Taz it's like you read my mind! This has been bugging me the last couple of days. I think I've been pointing it wrong too. Like the bag of Quorn Mince at 300g couldn't be 9pp for the lot?? So if you weigh out 100g of frozen quorn mince what is the weight of it when it's defrosted? Does anyone know as I chuck it straight in when I'm cooking and don't have the patience to wait for it to be defrosted, do be starvin like :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement