Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    West Wing 9 stone really! When I read that I got a shocker, I wouldn't have thought that much?! You look great though, your doing great keep it up!!

Ok so WI tonight and I lost 3lbs :D That's 7.5lbs in the last 4 weeks. That might be normal for the rest of ye, but it took me the last 10 months to lose 11lbs and it wasn't for the lack of trying. I stuck to it all religiously!? I'm delighted though and now only 1lb away from my goal weight (second time getting there :rolleyes: but this time for keeps ;))

Well Done MaggieMay, have you been doing something different in the last 4 weeks that has changed things? It has taken me 7 months to loose 10 lbs and have been 1lb to my goal so many times in those months but never made it. If I have a bad week and put up weight, it takes me weeks and weeks to loose it again. I have to work extremely hard to loose one pound.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm having such a hungry day today! I want to do nothing but eat. I have 8pp left for my dinner. Think I'm just gonna make some tomato risotto. 6pp worth of rice and the rest should be 0pp. Then use the 2pp for some cheese for the top. Already used 2 weeklies yesterday so don't wanna use any more today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ailey

F&H is as mush as you want to have of the foods on the list with out pointing you just point for butter oils, treats etc... you can eat as many meals snacks as you want and id guess the wraps are on the list.. personally I am not disaplinned enough for it but would love to know how u get on: Heres the list: http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/Food_List.pdf i would put the wraps in as bread tbh

Thanks Lisa, I'm not sure how it's going to go!il still try for lots of veg but il give it a go as lately I've been having lower point dinner and lunches in order to get more choc!not good I know so I'm hoping this way il go back to looking forward to choc as a treat!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dubgal83

Just been reading through the posts girls...seems like a great place for advice, down days, up days and all the rest when on the WW journey. Ive done WW twice before and did well on it both times but then got into the habit of not going and have reeallllyyyy fallen off the wagon!

Have been meaning to go back for ages but hadnt got a chance with work and home commitments but tonight is the night! Im absolutely dreading the weigh in needless to say, I know for a fact im going to see a horrible number but im hoping tonight is the only night I see it ha! Really looking forward to looking better and feeling better about myself though..have gotten to that icky, uncomfortable stage where I feel horrible in my clothes and theyre a little too tight so bring on the points counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Our leader said that the leaders have to buy them to give to their members and not all leaders want to do that. She thinks they are great so gets them every month. But I guess it depends on the leader.

That sucks, I really enjoyed getting it every week, found it really good. I wonder if there's a way of purchasing it ourselves?
    Boop22 wrote: »
    Yes 4pp for 2 slices. It is the sandwich pan (square shaped). Link to Brennans website below if you would like to double check for yourself.

http://www.brennansbread.ie/products/brennans-sandwich-pan-2/

Don't worry I take your word for it, in that case, its good enough value!
    Ailey wrote: »
    Thanks Lisa, I'm not sure how it's going to go!il still try for lots of veg but il give it a go as lately I've been having lower point dinner and lunches in order to get more choc!not good I know so I'm hoping this way il go back to looking forward to choc as a treat!!:rolleyes:

I find myself doing the same which isn't good considering I'm only on 26pp a day, find myself hungry a good bit! I'd usually spend 2-4 points on choc at the end of the day.

Question to everyone! Because I'm on 26pp per day I'm finding myself eating a lot of fruit so as to not use points. On a typical day I'd probably eat 2 bananas, a large handful of grapes, an apple and sometimes a kiwi/orange. While that would be my fruit consumption for the day, today I'm looking at having more fruit along with some yoghurt to give me some energy before I go training tonight (I always leave dinner until after). Is too much fruit bad for you? I know my leader was on to us about being careful with fruit because it does still contain calories and not to just be eating it for the sake of it because its 0pp, but I'm genuinely only eating it when I'm hungry or need energy (in this case for training!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Ailey

Taz1 wrote: »

Question to everyone! Because I'm on 26pp per day I'm finding myself eating a lot of fruit so as to not use points. On a typical day I'd probably eat 2 bananas, a large handful of grapes, an apple and sometimes a kiwi/orange. While that would be my fruit consumption for the day, today I'm looking at having more fruit along with some yoghurt to give me some energy before I go training tonight (I always leave dinner until after). Is too much fruit bad for you? I know my leader was on to us about being careful with fruit because it does still contain calories and not to just be eating it for the sake of it because its 0pp, but I'm genuinely only eating it when I'm hungry or need energy (in this case for training!)

I'm totally the same always filling up on fruit!i was beginning to think it was bad too but I am genuinely hungry when eating it!our leader said before to try limit the bananas tho to max 1 a day!iv tried to cut out one portion of fruit and replace with veg ie carrots cucumber mangetout as I figure it could be better as these were free on the old system and most fruit had points!not sure if it works just trying different options!

That sucks, I really enjoyed getting it every week, found it really good. I wonder if there's a way of purchasing it ourselves?

Don't worry I take your word for it, in that case, its good enough value!

I find myself doing the same which isn't good considering I'm only on 26pp a day, find myself hungry a good bit! I'd usually spend 2-4 points on choc at the end of the day.

I think if its working for you and you are losing consistently then it should be fine. But that does seem like a lot of fruit. Especially bananas which are loaded with sugar. My leader suggested for aiming for about half your recommended intake of fruit and veg to come from fruit - so 2-3 pieces a day. Though if you are losing then it should be find. If you come to a plateau or start to struggle and go up and down, it might be time to revaluate the amount of fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dubgal83

Dont think you should be eating more than 1 banana a day as they're so high in potassium. I know my dad went to a nutritionist recently and he was told that but otherwise fruit is a good way to fill up and save on points

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Elliejo

I managed to lose 5 stone last year, and maintain pretty well since reaching goal last September, and I eat a LOT of fruit. I could eat 8 or 9 pieces some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Hmmm okay thanks for all the replies guys! I was thinking that 2 bananas probably wasn't good but I find the sweetness of them good to go with a cup of tea instead of reaching for chocolate! I also heard that your body digests veg before it digests fruit so yeah more veg than fruit would probably be better. I have been losing fairly consistently but I've found myself needing to put alot more fruit into my meal plan this week due to work circumstances and hope that its just for this week! Usually I'd just have a bowl of fruit (grapes, apple, mandarin) with some yoghurt on top as a snack and that would be it for the day maybe with the odd banana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Ok, scroll right to the bottom of the post 'Get Skinny for Summer Challenge' and it says '29 comments', click on that and then scroll down to the bottom of the last comment posted, aaand Enter your comment in the box, on the drop down menu pick Name/URL and in that add your name (or whatever name you'd like to post under) and your email address.
    Once you click publis you'll have to do that thing where you type in the words you see for human verifiction.,
    My explanation makes it seem very complicated but it isn't! =)

thanks very much! managed it this morning - think it was a fault with my laptop coz i went into the comments but it was wasnt showing me a box to post my own comment in, but got it done in work today. thanks for your help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

does anyone know if a chicken curry from a chinese is 12 or 22 points? two different leadrs gave me different points so im not sure which is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emer50

Just to let you all know - if it hasnt been mentioned already - Dunnes do a Better for You! sliced stoneground wholemeal bread - slices are the same size as Weightwatchers bread but are much thicker and are ONE POINT per slice, and 2 points for two! I checked and double checked! Feels like a real sandwich and not like eating feathers with the Weightwatchers stuff!! They also do a Better for You granary bread which is 1.3 points per slice and I suppose 3 for two. It has seeds in it - lovely! Both come in a clear pack with blue writing on it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    4pp for 2 big slices?! That sounds far too good to be true! I suppose you'd have to weigh them and take the smaller slices of the pan!

Yep the sandwich pan is 4pp for 2 slices!!
    ck83 wrote: »
    I think the Brennans wholegrain is 2pp a slice also. Hope so, that's what I've been giving it for ages. Much better than ww bread!
    Also. Ive gotten a pro u book each month.

The wholegrain one is 2pp for one slice but be careful because it's 5pp for 2 slices.

Thanks for that. Ive been underpointing my bread when ive been having more than one slice! Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1.5lb :) Happy with that. Was expecting a little more to be honest as I really upped the exercise this week but I am happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Well Done MaggieMay, have you been doing something different in the last 4 weeks that has changed things? It has taken me 7 months to loose 10 lbs and have been 1lb to my goal so many times in those months but never made it. If I have a bad week and put up weight, it takes me weeks and weeks to loose it again. I have to work extremely hard to loose one pound.:)

Hey Shinnie, I know I cut down on a couple of pieces of fruit every day. I could have had up to 5/6 and now I would have 3/4. I've watched my portions and made them slightly smaller. I was making mountains out of my veg :) I'm a true lover of veggies and always eat loads but I was eating way too much...so now back to loads. Changed exercise, started to cycle more and put in a couple more walks. I also try and eat different things every day. I only use about 20-25 weeklies a week. Can't think of anything else....

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hey Shinnie, I know I cut down on a couple of pieces of fruit every day. I could have had up to 5/6 and now I would have 3/4. I've watched my portions and made them slightly smaller. I was making mountains out of my veg :) I'm a true lover of veggies and always eat loads but I was eating way too much...so now back to loads. Changed exercise, started to cycle more and put in a couple more walks. I also try and eat different things every day. I only use about 20-25 weeklies a week. Can't think of anything else....

You could try eating more of your weeklies! Maybe you're exercising too much in comparison to the amount of food you are eating?

You could try eating more of your weeklies! Maybe you're exercising too much in comparison to the amount of food you are eating?

Hey Cliodhna...no its ok it seems to work for me :) I'm a happy camper as I'm losing. I was saying things I have changed to help as someone was asking as I've been losing better the last few weeks. I've upped to more weeklies before in the past than 25 ish that and that doesn't work for me I would usually STS or gain +.5 so I always lose better on a little less weeklies even including the exercise as that's usually the same amount. It's all trial and error with everyone I think and it seems to work different for everyone?

Does anyone have any info for Chinese take away other than what's in the eat out book? I love chicken satay, but it's not in the book. I'm also a bit sceptical re:portion sizes. I know the eat out book is uk based. Chicken in blackbean sauce for 11 pp seems too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

i'm always wondering about chinese food too. every few weeks or so i treat myself to one but only on weeks when i don't plan on using any of my weeklies so i just write my weeklies off and just use the whole 49 because i don't know how to point it. i would only ever have a curry or a three in one or i could have shredded chicken with curry rice but the curry sauce is lethal part and i just don't know how to point it

• Advertisement

bear1234 wrote: »
    i'm always wondering about chinese food too. every few weeks or so i treat myself to one but only on weeks when i don't plan on using any of my weeklies so i just write my weeklies off and just use the whole 49 because i don't know how to point it. i would only ever have a curry or a three in one or i could have shredded chicken with curry rice but the curry sauce is lethal part and i just don't know how to point it

I don't know why, but I'm always slow to ask about things like this in my meeting. Its as though I'm afraid of getting a slap on the wrist!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bear1234

I don't know why, but I'm always slow to ask about things like this in my meeting. Its as though I'm afraid of getting a slap on the wrist!

ha i know i'm afraid of the judgement!! :D it's not like i have them often! i've had 3 in 4 months where i usually would have had about 3 each month before ww but i still feel so bold when i have one!!

I just looked back at some photos of me from october last year and I was just disgusted. I can't believe I even have photos of me that look like that. A few great before pics for when I get to goal but it is quite depressing looking at them. Wanna take some now pics to see if I can compare - I always trust photos more than mirrors. Super motivator though - gonna check them out every time im hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello ladies.. just been catching up.. see ver good losses this week! I miised weigh in last night so I weigh in tomorrow morning.. Had a good week doing a lot of exercise trying to not focus on scales so much but its still in my mind.. hoping to be down..!! I only have 6 days in my next week cause Im back to weigh in on thurs evening so I will have to be really good..

Does anyone have any tips on helathy snacks.. that rent nuts or carbs.. like a protein/low fat snack?? I dont eat nuts and Im trying to have less carbs so now i just eat fruit/tuna..

Thanks in advance

Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

does anyone know if a chicken curry from a chinese is 12 or 22 points? two different leadrs gave me different points so im not sure which is right?

My leader only mentioned yesterday that a portion of boiled rice is 12pp & fried rice is 17/18, and he then said that your chicken curry with the fried rice would be about 36PP :eek:
    emer50 wrote: »
    Just to let you all know - if it hasnt been mentioned already - Dunnes do a Better for You! sliced stoneground wholemeal bread - slices are the same size as Weightwatchers bread but are much thicker and are ONE POINT per slice, and 2 points for two! I checked and double checked! Feels like a real sandwich and not like eating feathers with the Weightwatchers stuff!! They also do a Better for You granary bread which is 1.3 points per slice and I suppose 3 for two. It has seeds in it - lovely! Both come in a clear pack with blue writing on it! :)

I use that one. It's fantastic! The WW bread is just not there at all, all air & holes :p

I pointed a 3 in one at 18pp recently. Break it down into the rice, chips & sauce :p

Had my weigh in this evening and was down three! Got my first silver 7 (well, from this time round) too!
    Fiona wrote: »
    I lost 9lbs tonight :eek: been under severe stress this week so that would have helped matters slightly. Got a silver seven and a 10% sticker.
    ali85 wrote: »
    i was really nervous about WI and before i left the house i was resigned to STS this week and just onwards and downwards.... imagine my shock when the scales said -2lb! I almost fell off the scales! Was talking to my leader about it and she was saying a lot of the scales at home don't have the 0.5lb mark so it rounds up. Would explain why my scales had me teetering between 10st 13lb and 10st 10lb over the last few days...
    cosmic wrote: »
    I was shocked to hear that I was down 4lbs tonight! I only got a silver 7 last week but, with only 2lbs to go til the next one, it looks like there'll be another one on the way in the next couple of weeks. I'm delighted with how WW is working for me. I've only been at it for less than 2 months!
    I lost 2.5lbs tonight! very happy! only 1.5lb away from my third stone :D
    Monife wrote: »
    Down 1.5lb :) Happy with that. Was expecting a little more to be honest as I really upped the exercise this week but I am happy with that :)

A HUGE Congratulations on all the fabulous losses this week! You're all so motivational!

Am delighted that I finally got my first stone and my 5% myself. Onto the next one now :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Am delighted that I finally got my first stone and my 5% myself. Onto the next one now :eek: :D

Congratulations! I'm always looking towards my next silver 7. I never thought that, as a grown up, a shiny sticker for a job well done would make me so happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Up .5 pound at weigh in last night. I am happy enough with that as I was away for 4 nights and drank like a fish :rolleyes: 1.5 to lose to get my 1st stone so really hope I get there next week.

Proud of myself for actually sticking to ww this long (12 weeks), I would have quit long before now in the past especially seeing as my weight loss is slow. I think this is partially down to my fab leader and the fact that I am letting myself live!! If I am up one week I just draw a line under it and am usally down the following week :D

Am off to Siam Thai for dinner tonight. Anyone any ideas how many pp in Phad Thai noodles?? :confused: I'm guessing that's one of the lower options.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Down 2lbs this morn!!!wooopwooop!! Back on track@last!!

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any info for Chinese take away other than what's in the eat out book? I love chicken satay, but it's not in the book. I'm also a bit sceptical re:portion sizes. I know the eat out book is uk based. Chicken in blackbean sauce for 11 pp seems too good to be true!

I dunno it seems right enough. Like I would imagine there is like 3-4pp of chicken, veg would be free. Then 2-3 for oil its cooked in leaves 4-5pp for the sauce. By the time you add the rice, say half a container that they give so 6-8pp the whole dish is like 19pp so possibly right? They do say in WW that Chinese is the best takeaway pp wise so? I also try and take most of the contents and leave alot of sauce as I'm not into sauce much :D

I think Pad Thai noodles vary between 18 and 22pp. I stand corrected but almost sure I read it somewhere!....nuts, and nuts in sauce (I think) sauce and would imagine they would use near 10-12pp worth of noodles. If you see how much in a portion of the Blue Dragon/Sharwoods etc.

I dunno it seems right enough. Like I would imagine there is like 3-4pp of chicken, veg would be free. Then 2-3 for oil its cooked in leaves 4-5pp for the sauce. By the time you add the rice, say half a container that they give so 6-8pp the whole dish is like 19pp so possibly right? They do say in WW that Chinese is the best takeaway pp wise so? I also try and take most of the contents and leave alot of sauce as I'm not into sauce much :D

When you put it like that. Seems perfectly ok to treat myself over the weekend. I'm normally not into chinese, but I've a bit of a longing!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Oh god my mam just asked me to go for a pizza and a few beers tonight!! Vommit!! Wat do I do cos if I say no she'll start going on with ur taking this weight loss to seriously and ur getting addicted!! Help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Oh god my mam just asked me to go for a pizza and a few beers tonight!! Vommit!! Wat do I do cos if I say no she'll start going on with ur taking this weight loss to seriously and ur getting addicted!! Help

Suggest going to Milanos and get yourself a Leggera pizza. The Margherita Leggera is only 13pp. Basically the middle of the pizza is cut out and replaced with a load of salad leaves. It's really delicious and it'll keep your mam off your back too :p

Its so hard when you have people around you with that attitude. I second the suggestion for Milanos and the Legarro range. But maybe sit down and try to explain that you are taking it seriously, there is no point in doing it by halves as you will never get anywhere. I have the same discussion with my dad every sunday when he sees me weigh out my portion of potato and watch him like a hawk when he is adding oil to anything. It gets tiresome but you need to do whats right for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

A HUGE Congratulations on all the fabulous losses this week! You're all so motivational!

Well done Baileypants! I am thrilled for you... I know you had a wobble (like the rest of us) but this just proves how well you are doing and taking the bull by the horns!!! I have my stone in my handbag all the time in case i start to wobble again..

Just looking on the Pizza Hut menu there... They have a Pizzini or Pizzarella (something like that) which is a low cal version of their pizzas. They have 3 different types. The Shrimply Delicious is 12pp, Chicken Delight is 12pp and the Virtuous veg is 11pp.

Also their regular 9inch margarita is 28pp or the 11inch margarita italian base is 29pp....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pamkin30

lost 1lb yest delighted as had sts last week, 4.5lb gone in 4 weeks slow but least its going the right way:)

Hey Cliodhna...no its ok it seems to work for me :) I'm a happy camper as I'm losing. I was saying things I have changed to help as someone was asking as I've been losing better the last few weeks. I've upped to more weeklies before in the past than 25 ish that and that doesn't work for me I would usually STS or gain +.5 so I always lose better on a little less weeklies even including the exercise as that's usually the same amount. It's all trial and error with everyone I think and it seems to work different for everyone?

Woops sorry! I read that last night, through sleepy eyes! Apologies for reading it wrong!

Onwards and downwards, no matter what way we do it =)

I am soo demotivated!!

I just can't seem to care about the ww wagon the past week!

But you know what, I just read the posts here from the last few days and I think my motivation is back on the up again!

Thanks guys and gals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

I am soo demotivated!!

I just can't seem to care about the ww wagon the past week!

But you know what, I just read the posts here from the last few days and I think my motivation is back on the up again!

Thanks guys and gals!!

I put the quote "I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it" on my pc in work I have to c it every day and I really has helped me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I dont log on for 24hours and have pages to catch up on lol
    ali85 wrote: »
    Im the same as you Lisa... I am in no way disciplined enough for F&H days yet... you would think after 3 months I would be but nope!

Had a mini disaster @ lunch today... I work up beside Christchurch and there is a food market up in the grounds up there on a Thursday. Its just started back up. Last summer it was there and I would get whatever I liked, (quesadillas, burgers, curries etc ) this time I was trying to be careful, but I just cant resist mexican food. They had these tacos... OMG the TACOS!!! Anyway... instead of the full portion of 3 tacos I just opted for one, a small enough flour tortilla wrap (about the size of the WW ones) with pork and guacamole. No cheese or sour cream.... I am thinking of pointing around 9pp... there wasn't a lot of pork and it was minced, it was a spicy tomato sauce and it was only really 2 teaspoons of guacamole...

Anyway... its only 1st day after WI so i know I have the whole week if I am underpointing....

Anyone who lives or works around the area, I would totally recommend that market... the choice up there is great...

Sounds lush.. thank god i only have the manky garage across the road.. so bring my own lunch I would be a divel for getting in to mind set of shur its only thursday its there so il treat myself!!
    OMG people! I've only gone and reached my 1st stone and my 5% whoop! :D Took me a while but the fact that I'm there now makes me not care how long it took! Am delighted! :D

congrats Baily so happy you got back on the wagon bet it feels worth it now!!

A vegatble Curry is 8pp so I add another 8pp for the chicken.. so 16ish?

The last time I had Chinese I weighted out the rice chips counted my chicken and only had a drissle of curry over it, it was yummy!! coming from me who had Chinese twice a week before weight watchers!

four Star Pizza have the skinng Pizza range.. and i swear you would not notice the difference.. if your eating out Milalonas are the way to go.. or if its your mama cooking goodfellas have launched new pizza under 500kcal dunno if there in the shops yet

I have to go through this with my family all the time when they offer me coke or squash and i ask is it suger free.. there like its only a glass of fricken coke but to me that could be the same as having an extra 40g of rice or a potateo with my dinner. At home in our house we would have lunch (big irish dinner) at 12.30-1 everyday and then come 6 o clock more food is needed. Where as when I'm up the country I have my lunch and big dinner in the evening. Its almost like there offended that you dont want to eat like u used to even though there happy your been healthier.. also it has come accross from some people (not my family) that they dont like you to be healthy cause then they cant really pig out on front of you and kind of want you as there excuse to eat loads.. shur lisas coming over wel order in!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

made a husge dint in my weeklies yesterday, not sure why, just mindless eating, the reason i am in ww in the first place.

Back on track today but feel stupid, i could have used them much more effectively if i hadn't eaten crap!!!! When stress hits i hit the grub, would love to change that about myself.

Anyway onwards and downwards eh.

BTW, anyone else used this site?

http://get.ziplist.com/

It's fantastic! You register & start browsing for recipies. I started saving ones by Laa Loosh & Skinny Taste etc. Then you can go into the 'Discover' tab and it brings up hundreds of suggested recipes based on the genre you've been saving. So I have now found lots more sites that are WW and low fat friendly that I hadn't come across before! Plus there's an option to 'add to your shopping list'. So if you choose a few meals that you'd like to try this week, just select add to shoping list & bring with you when doing your weekly shop so you'll have all the ingredients at your fingertips.

I'm really thinking about buying an Acti-Fry Fryer

Has anyone got one? do you use it much? Or is it going to clog up my worktop and not be used like my sandwich maker & George Forman?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Hi all...just wondering if anyone can help me. I'm doing weight watchers online and I was just wondering if anyne can tell me what the story is with the reduced minimum points..I think it was 29 and now it's 26...is that right, or am I way off? Im well above the minimum so I have no clue:( anyway, I was wondering does it work the same on higher propoints values-can you drop your amount by say 3-4 and speed things up without any negative consequence(like when you hear it works for a few weeks and then slows you down etc)-has anyone tried this?or does slow and steady really win the race outright|?holidays coming up and Im panicking:eek: hope I make sense with the questions!:confused:

I put the quote "I never said it was going to be easy, I said it was going to be worth it" on my pc in work I have to c it every day and I really has helped me!

Thanks for that! What a great motto!
    I don't know what's wrong with me! I was getting a coffee this morning and I got a scone too! After I had ordered it I was like 'WHY DID YOU DO THAT??'

Maybe a little slip is just what I need to get me back in line!

marvilly wrote: »
    Hi all...just wondering if anyone can help me. I'm doing weight watchers online and I was just wondering if anyne can tell me what the story is with the reduced minimum points..I think it was 29 and now it's 26...is that right, or am I way off? Im well above the minimum so I have no clue:( anyway, I was wondering does it work the same on higher propoints values-can you drop your amount by say 3-4 and speed things up without any negative consequence(like when you hear it works for a few weeks and then slows you down etc)-has anyone tried this?or does slow and steady really win the race outright|?holidays coming up and Im panicking:eek: hope I make sense with the questions!:confused:

I would go with slow and steady wins the race. I started August last year and have lost over 2 stone. I lowered to 26pp after Christmas when the changes came in but put myself back on 29pp because I felt I was depriving myself a little bit. I was opting to leave out a healthy 3pp so I could have my treats etc.

Best of Luck.. if your online they should tell you your points when you input your weight loss.

Thanks for that! What a great motto!
    I don't know what's wrong with me! I was getting a coffee this morning and I got a scone too! After I had ordered it I was like 'WHY DID YOU DO THAT??'

Maybe a little slip is just what I need to get me back in line!

I have had four scones in two weeks after not touching them in 8 months.. they are one of my down falls we had one every morning at 10.45 for six months before that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

my boyfriend had an acti fry, We have used it a lot, it's amazing for chips and roasted veg is delicious in it, Never cooked meat in it to but say it would be yum. you can make all sorts in them, risottos etc..

they aint cheap tho

My best friend has an actifryer too, and she loves it. Uses it loads. I'm going to splash out and buy myself one at some stage. Because I'm worth it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement