Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Hi everyone,
    I just joined up today. I did the old WW plan years ago and I'm really confused about this ProPoints thing.

How are you all calculating how many points are in things? The old plan had a little cardboard calculater thing and it was really handy but i've looked all through the books that I got today and I cant find anything that will help me to calculate the points.

Help!! I'm trying to eat foods that are only listed with their points because I can't work it out!!! :confused:
    U should have got a little round wheel that helps u calculate the pp in foods! I got mine when I joined! Otherwise if u have an iPhone or android phone the I watcher ap is good for calculating pps!

Hi everyone,
    I just joined up today. I did the old WW plan years ago and I'm really confused about this ProPoints thing.

How are you all calculating how many points are in things? The old plan had a little cardboard calculater thing and it was really handy but i've looked all through the books that I got today and I cant find anything that will help me to calculate the points.

Help!! I'm trying to eat foods that are only listed with their points because I can't work it out!!! :confused:
    U should have got a little round wheel that helps u calculate the pp in foods! I got mine when I joined! Otherwise if u have an iPhone or android phone the I watcher ap is good for calculating pps!

Hi everyone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi everyone,

You should have got a cardboard wheel that helps you calculate PP but in my opinion (and many others i'd say), it is useless and very hard to use especially when you need the PP quick. I would definitely recommend buying the calculator (around a tenner) at your next meeting or if you have an android or smart phone, download a propoints calculator app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Diagonally

I joined 2 weeks ago and I don't think I got a wheel either. We were told to buy the calculator or buy the app if we wanted to work out the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi everyone,

They had a calculator but it was really confusing and putting people off so they scrapped it. You have a few options. If you have an iPhone or smart phone there is an app called iwatchr that you can download which has a calculator and also options to have a tracker on your phone. There are also online calculators you can google, make sure it's for propoints and not points+. The last option is the buy a calculator in your meeting. I think they are 10.99. I recommend the app. I'd be lost without it. I track everything on it, just so handy.

Best of luck with the first week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 tough_cookie

Thanks for replying everyone!!

Didn't get the wheel thing
    Don't have an IPhone :(
    I'll buy that calculator next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

They had a calculator but it was really confusing and putting people off so they scrapped it. You have a few options. If you have an iPhone or smart phone there is an app called iwatchr that you can download which has a calculator and also options to have a tracker on your phone. There are also online calculators you can google, make sure it's for propoints and not points+. The last option is the buy a calculator in your meeting. I think they are 10.99. I recommend the app. I'd be lost without it. I track everything on it, just so handy.

Best of luck with the first week!!

http://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html?proteinuk=1.5&proteinukunit=1&carbohydratesuk=14.1&carbohydratesukunit=1&fatuk=3.1&fatukunit=1&fiberuk=1.2&fiberukunit=1&caltype=2&x=78&y=14

I find this VERY handy!!

If you need anything pointed that you would eat regularly in the mean time its worth searching this thread for the answer or posting the nutrition and someone will be on hand to work it out for you. There are also loads of blogs out there with information too. Skinny Doll is fantastic and she has a list of all sorts of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi everyone, need some help and inspiration, going really bad at the moment and weight is just going on, HELP anyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Monife wrote: »
    You should have got a cardboard wheel that helps you calculate PP but in my opinion (and many others i'd say), it is useless and very hard to use especially when you need the PP quick. I would definitely recommend buying the calculator (around a tenner) at your next meeting or if you have an android or smart phone, download a propoints calculator app :)

I use the on line one and the my iPhone http://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I'm having a disastrous week. Think I went over my dailies today, and ive no weeklies left. Im actually a bit afraid to sit down with my tracker and work out how much damage ive done. I'm really cross with myself after the great week I had last week. And I'm away tomorrow, so I probably won't get any exercise in. Shame on me!
    I went to the cinema last night, and I knew I wanted chocolate, and I thought about bringing a curly wurly with me, but didn't. So I bought a ginormous bag of maltesers (!!!) instead, even though I knew my OH wouldnt have any. At that point, i had very few weeklies to spare. In my defence, I left A LOT of them behind, and I had the sense to know that if I brought the rest of them home I'd demolish them today. But still. I should have had the curly wurly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Goodfellas low fat pizzas that were mentioned last week. I'm thinking of getting them but want to know if they're nice and worthwhile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Got the chicken goodfellas delizia pizza for 11 pp.

NOT impressed! It was tiny. A bit bigger than the plain cheese ones you get 10 in a pack/roll if you know the ones.

It tasted ok but was too small, not worth 11pp imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Glen36

Has anyone pointed the diet indulgence yoghourts I bought the apple and cinnamon and toffee flavour and when I pointed them on the ww calculator they came up o for each...they are approx 45cals each

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Ladies on adv would ye be up much when totm is due, I lost 2 last week and I'm
    Up 2 this week and I really don't think it's justified!

Glen36 wrote: »
    Has anyone pointed the diet indulgence yoghourts I bought the apple and cinnamon and toffee flavour and when I pointed them on the ww calculator they came up o for each...they are approx 45cals each

We were told in class they were 1pp each. Didn't point them myself mind, just trusted what my leader said. Didnt like them much so they stayed in the back of the fridge until last night when they went in the bin.

Ladies on adv would ye be up much when totm is due, I lost 2 last week and I'm
    Up 2 this week and I really don't think it's justified!

I usually STS or lose half a pound whether it is deserved or not. It does depend on the person but I know a lot of people do find they are up or STS at totm.
    If you dont think its justified then just stick with what you were doing this week and it will show for you next week. Maybe have a look back over the weeks to see if you can see a pattern for TOTM and/or keep it in mind in the future so at least you can be expecting it and not get disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, been off the radar and fell off the wagon spectacularly since I arrive in NZ 2 months ago!!

So much nice new food and now live two mins from every fast food place possible!! Manage to join ww here and was free as they put me as lifetime member....for last few weeks I have had to pay since I have gone over goal and 5 pound allowance!! From last sat I was 1 stone up and back in 11 stone bracket for first time in at least a year!! Disgusted with myself so I'm back pointing, walking and eating well!!! All my clothes are tight and generally feel rotten!!

One thing I'm missing... is that there is no bulmers lite or anything like here.... :-((((

Hope you all doing well on your journey and I'm going to try check in as often as possible because everyone here great help.....even if sooooooo far away!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Morning all!!
    Headin out 4 dinner with some girlfriends 2nyt, going to my fav restaurant, bu iv decided I'm goin to be uber good.....I always get their special stir fry, which has pork chicken, prawns and some beef with loads of veggies and a light enough sauce. I normally get noodles with it but as iv no weeklies left I'm jus gona ask 4. Extra veggies instead of the noodles and goin to try my best to avoid dessert!!! Heading to the gym before hand and I'm going to try eat as lil points as possible 2day...brekkie was glenisk fat frEe natural yogurt which is only 1pp for 100g with some oat bran on top, mornin break was fruit and I'm thinkin a wrap for lunch which sould b around 7, that leaves me with 17points for my meal out, should b ok hopefully!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Trying a full F&H week this week, eeeeeek! :o

Morning,

Thanks for the calculator link!! Just a question about that, you know when it says carbs, do i put in the total carbs or the carbs which sugars? And the same then with the fat, is it total fat or fat which saturates?

I'm looking at the Skinny Doll blog now too it's great!! Surprised at the points in cinema popcorn :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

hi ,
    does anyone know if there is an app for the android phones , i've tried several but they dont seem to calculate the points correctly compared to the wheel i got at the meetings

also does anyone have the points for the Dubliner low fat cheese both red and white , i know i got it in a leaflet at one of the meetings but for the life of me i cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Morning,

Thanks for the calculator link!! Just a question about that, you know when it says carbs, do i put in the total carbs or the carbs which sugars? And the same then with the fat, is it total fat or fat which saturates?

I'm looking at the Skinny Doll blog now too it's great!! Surprised at the points in cinema popcorn :eek:

Its total carb and total fat u need!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I think Dubliner low fat cheese slices are 1pt each, which i thought was great, until i opened the packet and realised that the slices are not the normal square but half that size, which makes it basically the same as most cheese slices. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think Dubliner low fat cheese slices are 1pt each, which i thought was great, until i opened the packet and realised that the slices are not the normal square but half that size, which makes it basically the same as most cheese slices. :rolleyes:

YA ME TOO !! AHHH .... SO THE SMALL SLICE IS ONE POINT

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Gally05 wrote: »
    hi ,
    does anyone know if there is an app for the android phones , i've tried several but they dont seem to calculate the points correctly compared to the wheel i got at the meetings

I downloaded one "pro points calculator" The icon looks like a cocktail glass with an orange sticking out of it. I find it quite good, especially for things that are say 1pp each but 3pp for two... and its free! :D

I got the Iwatcher app too... think it was a couple of cent, can't use the calculator on it though coz it seems to be the old points calculator (Kcal & Sat Fat) but its great for tracking and calculating activity pp.

I am going to be a complete disaster tomorrow. so much for me playing Florence Nightingale for my family, i ended up dying last night! The worst is definitely over but I have no appetite at all. Its now 1.15pm and I can't stomach anything. Brought a cup of soup with me, one that is 3pp rather than the 1pp one I usually have, and im going to get a plain ham sandwich for lunch and give them a lash. I don't want to mess up by not eating at all, especially not the day before WI. I wouldn't mind but my scales had me down 1.5/2lb this week already! AAAAAAAhhhhhhh NICKERS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the Goodfellas low fat pizzas that were mentioned last week. I'm thinking of getting them but want to know if they're nice and worthwhile?

I have two chicken ones and two cheese ones in the freezer there small would not be for sharing! will report back on taste Thursday night!

got them on special in tesco there's two in a box for either 2euro or 2.50 can not remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tom Cruise

Does this weight watcher thing work i would imagine i would go mad thinking of food and adding up numbers of calories all day.

Weighed in this morning, am back to where I was two weeks ago 9.5lb to goal lol... Its getting kinda boring been up and down the whole time.. Good thing is I don't even feel like i'm on a diet any more this is just normal eating for me at this stage.

One thing I miss is going to the shop at lunch and getting cheese in my roll every day as i fill up with my ham and veggies i lust at the cheese hehe i just can not trust my eye to guess how many points of cheese id eat! I have nearly given butter up completely I just get a spoon of sweet chilli sauce instead now.

Making homemade burgers and chips tonight for 10pp I can even imagine spending the 30 or 40pp I used to on a takeaway anymore! Its funny I used to have Chinese 3 times a week now I can count on one hand how many i have had in nearly 9 months! I do have the occasional KFC but that's all point-able which I love :)

We have our first weekend with no plans in ages this weekend so hope to chillax a bit were moving house May 11th so will have to start prep for that any advice? Think I will move the kitchen stuff first so there is no excuse for rubbishy food for the first few days which always happens.

~Just giggling at how much rubbish I just typed that no one else is going to want to read but it really helps me to get my taughts on it all down here.. best of luck for the week lads! :)

• Advertisement

Tom Cruise wrote: »
    Does this weight watcher thing work i would imagine i would go mad thinking of food and adding up numbers of calories all day.

I have lost 30.5lb in 8 months while eating, drinking and been happy..

So In my opinion its the best thing since sliced bread :) (nom bread)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Was thinking of trying some Filling and Healthy days, i know there was two breads you were allowed the weight watchers bread and another, does anyone know what the other bread was. What did you think of the Filling and Healthy days, did you have a weight loss?

yep in sure does , i went from 15st 1 to 13st 1 in 14 weeks

not im back up to about 13 7 as i havent been so good for the last months , the problem i have is when i get it off i cant keep it off !!

yep in sure does , i went from 15st 1 to 13st 1 in 14 weeks

now im back up to about 13 7 as i havent been so good for the last months , the problem i have is when i get it off i cant keep it off !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pb2011

Weighed in this morning, am back to where I was two weeks ago 9.5lb to goal lol... Its getting kinda boring been up and down the whole time.. Good thing is I don't even feel like i'm on a diet any more this is just normal eating for me at this stage.

One thing I miss is going to the shop at lunch and getting cheese in my roll every day as i fill up with my ham and veggies i lust at the cheese hehe i just can not trust my eye to guess how many points of cheese id eat! I have nearly given butter up completely I just get a spoon of sweet chilli sauce instead now.

Making homemade burgers and chips tonight for 10pp I can even imagine spending the 30 or 40pp I used to on a takeaway anymore! Its funny I used to have Chinese 3 times a week now I can count on one hand how many i have had in nearly 9 months! I do have the occasional KFC but that's all point-able which I love :)

We have our first weekend with no plans in ages this weekend so hope to chillax a bit were moving house May 11th so will have to start prep for that any advice? Think I will move the kitchen stuff first so there is no excuse for rubbishy food for the first few days which always happens.

~Just giggling at how much rubbish I just typed that no one else is going to want to read but it really helps me to get my taughts on it all down here.. best of luck for the week lads! :)

I really enjoyed your post gave me a bit of motivation. I am in the middle of house moving and finding it hard to stay on track when everything is packed away so be careful and plan! Pack the scales last and keep out one bowl and plate that you know your portions sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

It works about as much as you put into it. At first its difficult to get used to whats good and whats not, then it just starts to click into place. Finding low cal equivelents to what you like.. (Im a cheeseaholic... so I cut out the full fat stuff and started using low cal cheese spreads instead of butter and mayo and using low fat grated cheese instead of the full fat)...

in 14 weeks i have lost 24lb.... so its definitely working for me, it just clicks after a few weeks and you forget you are actually on a "diet" of any kind

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Glen36 wrote: »

I got the tiramisu and the banoffee ones. I pp'd them at 1pp each..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

what's the lowest thing i could get from the chinese tonoight? veggie chow mein? How many pro points would you give it?

I'm in the same boat! I was stuck in a rut a few week backs weight-wise so I stirred things up a bit and that seemed to move me on a bit. I'm about half a stone away from goal and I'm finding it difficult to even get a 1lb loss at this point! I lost 1.5lb 3 weeks ago, another 1.5lb 2 weeks ago, was down 1lb last week and stayed the same this week so I've kind of hit that plateau where it just doesn't want to go! I know I could stay at this weight if I wanted and it'd be within my BMI but I just want to lose that little bit more! SO.... A bunch of people at my meeting last night told us that they had the very same problem, at wits end, had tried everything, didn't know what to do, then gave F&H a go (even though they too were terrified of it, afraid they'd eat too much etc) and lost from 1lb to 2lb the weeks that they did it, finally losing weight after weeks of STS or putting on weight. So I've decided to have some faith in myself and give F&H a go for the entire week! Fingers crossed the change will help, I'll let ye know how I get on next week!

In relation to your own thoughts, its like that for a lot of people on here, in fact a lot of people describe their whole day in points on here almost on a daily basis. Its a great place to let it all out :)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I got the tiramisu and the banoffee ones. I pp'd them at 1pp each..

Same here 1pp each. Forgot that the tiramisu ones would have coffee in them, yuck! Are the banoffee ones nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Taz1 wrote: »
    Same here 1pp each. Forgot that the tiramisu ones would have coffee in them, yuck! Are the banoffee ones nice?

I really wanted to get those yoghurts because I have been searching for 1 or 2PP (preferably 1PP) yoghurts with no fruit bits (HATE BITS) but I hate coffee also so I am not going to waste my money on them :( Anyone know any nice 1PP yoghurts (not WW, sick of them) that have no fruit bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Those yogurts are horrible!!! so bitter yuck!!! but the ones with the strawberry shortcake are AMAZING :D

Monife wrote: »
    I really wanted to get those yoghurts because I have been searching for 1 or 2PP (preferably 1PP) yoghurts with no fruit bits (HATE BITS) but I hate coffee also so I am not going to waste my money on them :( Anyone know any nice 1PP yoghurts (not WW, sick of them) that have no fruit bits?

I buy the pots of muller light and get the guts of 2 portions out of them for 1pp per portion. They are 165g in weight which in total would be 3pp but I have tiny sealable tubs for sauces and the like and usually weigh out about 75/80g into them which comes in at 1 pp. I find that a nice portion to go on top of a massive bowl of chopped fruit! They have some really yummy flavours, all the same points - strawberry, vanilla with choc bits, vanilla and mint with choc bits, banana and custard, rhubarb, raspberry.... I find them great!

Heres what they look like! http://www.ocado.com/catalog/images-hires/15677011_H.jpg?identifier=d3f5e9e78b4eff50303cc34a8bd9fa20

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Oh God lads and ladies I've fallen off the wagon again. I can't even see the wagon anymore!!

Dunno what's wrong with me. One week I'm doing great and lose 3 pounds then I go on a hiatus and end up with more to lose than originally! In the middle of exams at the moment too which is not helping. Have so much study to do I can't find time to exercise, there just isn't enough hours in the day!!

Going to a wedding in Italy in 3 weeks and at the rate I'm going I won't fit in the dress I bought for it. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

found deadly new blog

http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.com/

maybe yall know about it.

pls does anyone know the lowest point chinese you can have? am i right in thinking chow,mein, how much for a takeaway one anyone know?

Danii86 wrote: »
    Its total carb and total fat u need!!!

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mellowkelly

brenmcp wrote: »
    found deadly new blog

pls does anyone know the lowest point chinese you can have? am i right in thinking chow,mein, how much for a takeaway one anyone know?

low low toasties r only 1 pro point per slice. chicken chow mein is about 13 pro points and the mushroom one i think is 8 pro points

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

found deadly new blog

As far as I know chow mein is one of the lowest if not the lowest. About 10pp I THINK!! As far as I know that's for chicken so add a couple extra if ur having beef.

I just realised how much of an emotional eater I am. I'm in such a bad humour and just cannot stop eating even though I've hone over my dailies :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

found deadly new blog

low low toasties r only 1 pro point per slice. chicken chow mein is about 13 pro points and the mushroom one i think is 8 pro points

Ooops ya beat me to it, ur prob right with 13pp. I was prob being a bit ambitious with 10. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Had a bad week :(
    Went to McDonalds yesterday and had a Big Mac and fries..I know I know-I should know better and I felt so guilty afterwards.
    I hope my motivation keeps me on track this week.
    This thread really helps so thanks everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement