Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Well after fitting in to the size 10 the other day, I'm back down to earth with a bang today :( Got a new bikini today and had to get a size 14 in the bottoms :mad: Why can't sizes be the same in shops in this country?

Off on my holliers tomorrow :D Hope everyone has a good week, I'll be back on Wed! Off to bed now, gotta be at the airport at 5am, OH is not impressed that he has to get up at 4am to drop me off :o

i am in one size 10 jeans (non stretch) comfortably and my other jeans are a size 12. I have a couple of 14's left over still that are ok, others that will fall off if i try them on, then I have a 16 that's too tight.

I bought a size 14 bikini today and it was TINY. It didn't fit my 9st 0lbs (5 ' 6'') sister, so that tells you what is going on in the bloody shops!

Don't take the sizes in shops as gold, they're all made to different 'correct' models. You're doing great xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Finally got my bike!!!!!!

Excersise here I come. Took the bike out today for a spin (18km) felt good.

I need to do 33km as part of a charity triathlon in september, so plenty training to be had but ...should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    We had friends over last for dinner and a few drinks dinner went fine but once i got a few drinks I picking at everything, i managed to point it all and in the space of 4 hours I nearly used up all my weekly's.I have no will power at all after a few glasses of wine, I was so gutted that I got up at 8 o clock and went for a 7km walk.
    There was a bag of dorritos and some other **** left over so i put all in the bin today just in case i got a dose of the munches later on if its not in the press i cant eat it.Is anyone else like this?or can you have sweets and the likes around the house and not have to go near them ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Trying Weight Watchers online....struggly i have to say....dreading my weigh-in today....

Trying Weight Watchers online....struggly i have to say....dreading my weigh-in today....
    good luck and welcome to the forum,there are a number of people here who are using WW on line and i am sure if you had any questions they would be able to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

why does it keep goin back to page 113 and i trying to read posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

I need to have pp friendly crisps & chocolate in the house I tend to not binge if I know it's there. If it's not there & I got a snack attack I'd end up driving to the garage & buying & eating all kinds of crap. Whereas if I know I have my velvet crunch, s&v rice cakes, treatsize malteasers, & dark chocolate in I'm more relaxed I'll have a treat everyday & not feel deprived. I could never devour the whole lot.

Doritos are a weakness for me I used to buy the big share bags but had to stop too easy to pour another bowl & eat them if in having a few drinks I now buy the multi pack I rarely eat them but as a treat I'll have a packet they're 4pp (30g bag) & the oh has his pringles which I dont Like & prob 2 packets of Doritos. One thing I can't have in the house is haribo or any type of jellys I could eat a whole bag so easier to not have them in the house I got all of them & threw in the bin.

I have a sweet tooth I can only eat so much savory snacks so I know it's 'safe' to keep those on standby, I whizz by the sweet aisle in Lidl & Aldi & try to keep my eyes averted :P that's why I eat so much fruit it stops me picking up a bag of sweets! I can't allow myself even one as a treat I wouldn't stop at one, I'd get the taste & want them all the time!

You did the right thing binning them Harr if you're going to be tempted but don't be so hard on yourself, you used your weeklies on the weekend, had a few drinks & nibbles that's normal & real life it's not realistic to just have your glass of wine & watch everyone else scoffing all round them! At least you enjoyed your weeklies?!

Maybe plan out your treats for the weekend in advance say 15 on actual food snacks & stick to it, that could be 3 packets of crisps or whatever, if say pringles are your weakness & you know you won't stop till the tube is gone don't buy them or buy the smaller tub. If you plan for the snack attack you wont feel guilty afterwards.learn to build it into your lifestyle, at least you went & did some exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

harr wrote: »
    good luck and welcome to the forum,there are a number of people here who are using WW on line and i am sure if you had any questions they would be able to help. :)

Hey Harr!
    Thanks a mil for that....
    Went the online route because I couldn't find a local meeting at a good time. Online site very very good in fairness, but meetings great too....
    Come on Willpower!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Finally got my bike!!!!!!

Excersise here I come. Took the bike out today for a spin (18km) felt good.

I need to do 33km as part of a charity triathlon in september, so plenty training to be had but ...should be ok

Congratulations! You won't look back. I find cycling the most enjoyable & useful form of exercise. You're just in time for bike week too.
    I've signed up for an 80km cycle in Sept so will be working on my stamina as well while hopefully dropping the pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

3.5km on treadmill in 45 mins :D working my way back up to to 5km in 60mins :)
    Dear god...i'm actually disappointed we're out of salad stuff! I'm shocked! haha!

I'm after dinner but i have like 6pp left, my mum has roast beef in the oven. how would i point it?
    I'm thinking of having some on my ryvita later on tonight. as a nice protein snack:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lainy I love salads I eat them all day every day :D

I got a great surprise today, its my birthday in a few days, but I was asking my MIL was it better to get a cross trainer or threadmill as I know she has one and uses it, but she disapeared with my DH and then called me! they had got me a cross trainer for my birthday :Dhappy days delighted with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

rachel wrote: »
    Congratulations! You won't look back. I find cycling the most enjoyable & useful form of exercise. You're just in time for bike week too.
    I've signed up for an 80km cycle in Sept so will be working on my stamina as well while hopefully dropping the pounds.

Where is that charity cycle on? I love cycling too and really do find it great Id love something like that to aim for as was mad into cycling 2yrs ago! Been on my bike a few weeks now and you really notice difference, best form of exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

Just wondering can anyone help me, I have used up all my weeklies over the weekend if not more, my own fault really but sure I really enjoyed the weekend anyway!!! Should I reduce my eating for the next couple of days like only use 15 of my dailies each day to make up for all my weeklies used or should I just use them up as normal. Took peek at scales and says i'm up 4lbs:eek::eek: so really want to work hard until weigh in on wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

shazza_90 wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone help me, I have used up all my weeklies over the weekend if not more, my own fault really but sure I really enjoyed the weekend anyway!!! Should I reduce my eating for the next couple of days like only use 15 of my dailies each day to make up for all my weeklies used or should I just use them up as normal. Took peek at scales and says i'm up 4lbs:eek::eek: so really want to work hard until weigh in on wednesday.

You should eat most, if not all, of your dailies every day. This plan is completely different, you can't save points or scrape them back, that is what the weeklies are for. Don't deprive yourself and just eat healthily and try and get some exercise in before your WI. If you are up, you're up but then you will lose it just as quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I have 2 days to make up for a bad, bad w/e ...

MaccyD's:mad:, chinese take-away, cakes/buns, dinner chez mum, more cakes/buns ...

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I have 2 days to make up for a bad, bad w/e ...

MaccyD's:mad:, chinese take-away, cakes/buns, dinner chez mum, more cakes/buns ...

I am going to have one of those weekends this weekend. Staff BBQ/Booze up on Friday and then birthday party in a house, so house party on Saturday. I will probably consume all my weeklies in alcohol on Friday and then the same amount the Saturday. But hey you have to live your life, after this weekend, I plan to give myself ALOT of time. Empty weekends to cook and exercise and relax :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Def eat all your dailies, just try to be as healthy as possible for the next few days and loads of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Has anybody tried the Creamfields brand of spray cream that you can get in Tesco? It is a light cream and it works out at 1 propoint for 100ml, there are 500ml in the tin and it lasts forever! It is a little bit sweet but not too sweet! Really good for using with desserts! I had a merangue from M & S, fresh strawberries and some cream - all for 2 propoints! You wouldn't even use 100ml of the cream when you are using it either but i pointed it as one propoint anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hi Folks...

Im back... AGAIN!!!

Have kick started over the last few days.... My problem is I don't have a Pro Points book... so can anyone tell me how many pro points are in 2 slices of brown bread and a small sausage. One of the lean ones.

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

kc83 wrote: »
    Where is that charity cycle on? I love cycling too and really do find it great Id love something like that to aim for as was mad into cycling 2yrs ago! Been on my bike a few weeks now and you really notice difference, best form of exercise
    It's the Tour De Picnic, from Dublin to Stradbally for Electric Picnic. Looking forward to it but will probably need a month to recover after that weekend

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend any low point (1/2PP) yoghurts that are smooth, ie: no bits what so ever??

Hate bits, and have been eating the WW yoghurts but would like to try something different and also they are quite expensive.

Monife wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any low point (1/2PP) yoghurts that are smooth, ie: no bits what so ever??

Hate bits, and have been eating the WW yoghurts but would like to try something different and also they are quite expensive.

muller light, the multi packs (160g pots) are 2pp each :)
    (on offer in tesco atm 6pack for 1.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

What are peoples thoughts on cleaning as exercise? Have been cleaning all day (hoovering, dusting, scrubbing etc!) and now I'm tired and don't have energy to face the gym!!

whats a nice flavoured cous cous in Lild?

Tomorrow I have access to Dunnes, Lidl & Supervalu and all the time in the world....going to stock up in lots of healthy foods...incase theory test goes badly! plus tomorrow weather will be HORRIBLE! worse than today!

Thanks KTY and Monife, well was going to take yere advice rergardless this morning but turns out ive the tummy bug all day so used up all my dailies eating bread really, i know this isnt good either but sure I couldnt really eat anything else, well at least i got out for a 7k jog this morning and got it done in 45minutes, yipee!!! was meant to go to spinning tonight too to make up for the weekend but im not feeling great at all so think im going to give it a skip, enjoy the rest of the evening everyone!

my tummy getting a bit rocky now about tomorrow :(

But i've drank bucket loads of water....eating....has been kinda 50/50....hasnt been terrible....but few slices of toast....slathered in flora light....and 2 home made scones!

Did have chicken salad for lunch tho :D

and doing a load of chicken brests in the MAGGI so juicy stuff tonight...to have them cold tomorrow and one tonight with some home made wedges...have to go with spud dinner....nout left in the house...tomorrow pay day/grocery day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ali85 wrote: »
    Hi Folks...

Im back... AGAIN!!!

Have kick started over the last few days.... My problem is I don't have a Pro Points book... so can anyone tell me how many pro points are in 2 slices of brown bread and a small sausage. One of the lean ones.

Thanks folks!

2 points per slice

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Had my first weigh in today lost 2lbs.

Was kinda hoping it'd be higher for the first week back but I'm happy with it considering i did no exercise and its TOTM. If i keep at this rate i'll be down 10lbs for my holidays in Japan. WHOOP

2 points per slice

Not necessarily it depends on the type of bread most of the usual brown/ white slice pan 1 slice = 2pp but 2 slices = 5pp bread is one of those things where you have to point based on the serving you are actually eating.

Batch bread lotslot higher so too is some of the granery bread & bread like Hovis nimble are alot lower eg 1 slice of Hovis nimble = 1pp 2 slices = 3pp 3 slices = 4pp

So ge careful & don't just assume check the NI & if necessary weigh the slice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Weigh in, in the morning!! Was good all week, tracked and pointed! Had drinks last night and didn't munch on nuts pringles etc.. I had all my weeklies left so hopefully the damage won't be too bad! I would have murdered a Chinese tonight. My hangover cure, but the joy only lasts for the first few mouthfuls then I'm always sorry I gave in.. It's 11 weeks since I had Chinese food!! Might get something to make my own after Wi, I always do my shopping after it as all the suggested foods are in my little notebook.. And I'm always feeling motivated to carry on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi everyone. Just caught up on all the posts over the last few days. I have taken the last week off WW - not having a kitchen & then going away for 4 days made it impossible. But I had a lovely weekend at Body & Soul festival & even went to a 5 course banquet held in the woods on the Saturday night - brilliant night!:D And then there was my brother-in-laws 40th celebrations to go to as well!

So its back on track from tomorrow. Going to WI in the morning to face the music. I have no excuses now so its back to tracking & back to losing weight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey guys, I'm new to ww (only started Friday) and, as I'm doing ww at home, I think this thread will be a great support to me!! I've only got one question, I've a bit of a weakness for chicken teriyaki soba from wagamama so I'm just wondering what the pps are for it? First WI now on Friday, I've been very good so far so I hope I get good results! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi everyone!

Well I've been away from WW for a few months now - been exercising and trying to tone up so wasn't too bothered about losing more weight, trying to get rid of the flabby bits has been more important!
    But I've decided to go back to WW this week and get rid of the last few pounds once and for all, while exercising at the same time.

Wish me luck!

I'm doing the Westport 5K this weekend. I've only started running really, so I'll jog some of it and walk some, will see how it goes!

Will be counting on you guys for the usual support and advice over the next few weeks!
    Bring it on!!
    :rolleyes:

Nice to see you again dammitj & FairPlay on the 5k training :)

So good week for me foodwise but really bad exercise wise. I went out for my 5k on Saturday during the breaks in rain/thunder storms & I nearly collapses had to practically crawl the last 1k home & I'd no phone with me to get someone to meet me :( I know what happened I was after eating breakfast really early & no lunch (so about 7 hrs with no food) & stupidly I was about to make a snack of Ryvita & houmous but decided no have it when I'm home I'll go for my run now.... It was also ridiculously heavy & humid out & as with most weekend exercise I was pushing myself harder than usual.

So basically since then I've done none I need a week off from it but I'm still watching my food intake so much so that I'm trying to cut out the snacking & treats that crept in over the last month or so - it's all within points but it's a bad habit that needs to be nipped in the bud treats are fine but not when you keep pp back from dinner/ lunch to have them!

So although I'm away on hols this wk I'm hoping to be good & even with the lack of exercise with me switching up my eating maybe I'll see a speed up in the weightloss?! Back on the exercise band wagon from Monday for sure I've booked the day off work so no excuses ;)

I think when you get in this frame of mind (ie not wanting to exercise) it's a good idea to take a break & come Back to it than throw the towel in completely in frustration! Good luck with all the WI's & welcome all the newbies :)

Ps Fofany body & soul sounded fab I really wanted to go but couldn't justify 2 festivals in a row but it does sound wonderful & you had a great time! The B&S part of electric picnic is my favorite area just so chilled & relaxing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm new to ww (only started Friday) and, as I'm doing ww at home, I think this thread will be a great support to me!! I've only got one question, I've a bit of a weakness for chicken teriyaki soba from wagamama so I'm just wondering what the pps are for it? First WI now on Friday, I've been very good so far so I hope I get good results! :D

Hi Niamh!
    I adore Wagamama too but they don't give out the nutrional information. I found this site i've been basing pointing on. I'm not sure if it's 100% correct but gives you some type of idea. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/wagamama
    I tend to have the Yaki Soba and it leaves me completely stuffed for the day.

Good Luck for Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Weigh in at lunchtime and I'm dreading it. It's not that I've been bad because I haven't but because the weather is so bad today I've got loads more clothes on and a pair of boots, which is a lot heavier than my normal attire. I weighed myself with and without this morning and there was a 4 pound difference than there normally is so I'll be doing amazingly to even STS. Ah well, At least I know what's wrong and am prepared. Plus, Hopefully it'll be nicer next week and there'll be a nice big loss to make up for it. I made this really amazing pad Thai noodle dish last night for my lunch for a couple of days. I use low fat bacon medalions and it is so filling but only 7 points. Something to look forward to.

Hope everyone is doing well today given the rotten weather :)

Just back from WI and down only 1.5 pounds:( where have my big 3 plus losses gone?i was in gym most days and the other days was out walking.
    At least it is not a gain, and it could be my holiday 2 weeks ago catching up with me,down to 38 points a day now which will it make harder again.
    My goal is to lose a stone a month,now i will have to get rid of 3.5 pounds this week to keep within my goal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Thanks Dublin25 that site's great! That's the best thiin about wagamamas imo, it leaves you full up for the day!! :D

I've seen alot on here about eating all your propoints for the day and I'm wondering how important this is? I have 35 dailies but I only manage about 30-32 every day? Like yesterday I only used 25 points?? Is this good or bad?

PS: sorry for all the random questions, just wanna get it right from the start!! :)

Just back from WI and down only 1.5 pounds:( where have my big 3 plus losses gone?i was in gym most days and the other days was out walking.
    At least it is not a gain, and it could be my holiday 2 weeks ago catching up with me,down to 38 points a day now which will it make harder again.
    My goal is to lose a stone a month,now i will have to get rid of 3.5 pounds this week to keep within my goal :eek:

Well done on your loss, its really good but just wondering how did you always manage 3lb losses all along, id be lucky to lose a pound a week if not half a pound!!!!

• Advertisement

1.5lb is brilliant, I would be delighted with that.

You shouldn't make unrealistic goals for yourself because you might end up setting yourself up for failure.

I would be really happy with 6lbs a month and I have 5 and a half stone left to lose.

Your weightloss is going to slow down. I'll check my sheet when I get home but I have a funny feeling I have only lost like 4lb in the last 2 months with various STS, gains and losses. I have been doing WW since last November.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Back from WI. Was down 3lbs (had gained 3lbs last week), so very pleased with that. Planning to be extra good this week to make sure the weekend just past doesn't show up on next week's WI!

My kitchen is finally in (the fitters just left 5 mins ago). Now I just have to clean it so I can get back to some healthy cooking & eating. There is sawdust everywhere - & not just in the kitchen!
    Kay_80 wrote: »
    Ps Fofany body & soul sounded fab I really wanted to go but couldn't justify 2 festivals in a row but it does sound wonderful & you had a great time! The B&S part of electric picnic is my favorite area just so chilled & relaxing :)

B&S was brilliant. I'm sure you would have loved it - but there's always next year! We stayed with my brother-in-law who lives 20 mins from Ballinlough, so we were able to go back to his, put the kids to bed & then head back out again at night. Still can't get the smell of campfires out of my coat! Feeling really run down today though after it all - sore throat, ears & head. If I had been camping, I would have blamed that. Just need a few days of taking it easy to recover again.

Harr that's a great result & I echo what Monife said to a tee a stone a month is alot & sometimes when ppl set these goals if they don't meet them they fall off the wagon completely. I know how committed you are to this journey so keep it up! You've done it before you'll do it again :)

Shazza guys tend to lose weight alot quicker especially when they exercise they tend to burn more ( I know not the same for all guys & some ladies lose alot as well!) alot of us women on here are losing at a lb or less per week but to be honest I'd rather be losing 1/2 a lb a week consistently so say 2lb a month than be down 4 & up 3 & yo yoing at least it's coming & staying off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Weigh in at lunchtime and I'm dreading it. It's not that I've been bad because I haven't but because the weather is so bad today I've got loads more clothes on and a pair of boots, which is a lot heavier than my normal attire. I weighed myself with and without this morning and there was a 4 pound difference than there normally is so I'll be doing amazingly to even STS. Ah well, At least I know what's wrong and am prepared. Plus, Hopefully it'll be nicer next week and there'll be a nice big loss to make up for it. I made this really amazing pad Thai noodle dish last night for my lunch for a couple of days. I use low fat bacon medalions and it is so filling but only 7 points. Something to look forward to.

Hope everyone is doing well today given the rotten weather :)
    Just a thought but maybe you could have a light pants and tshirt in a bag and do a quick change before WI in future, just so you are not worried about it????COuld just keep them in the car for WI days, be handy. Hope you get on ok at WI today.
    Oh and would you be able to post the recipe for the Pad Thai Noodle dish, sounds yum!!! Thanks. ;)

Well done on your loss, its really good but just wondering how did you always manage 3lb losses all along, id be lucky to lose a pound a week if not half a pound!!!!

Hi not sure how,i use all my dallies and only half my weeklys and none of activity points and this would all ways give me a loss of 2.5 and 3 pounds but now i am doing the same and only losing a pound or so a week :confused:

Harr that's a great result & I echo what Monife said to a tee a stone a month is alot & sometimes when ppl set these goals if they don't meet them they fall off the wagon completely. I know how committed you are to this journey so keep it up! You've done it before you'll do it again :)

Shazza guys tend to lose weight alot quicker especially when they exercise they tend to burn more ( I know not the same for all guys & some ladies lose alot as well!) alot of us women on here are losing at a lb or less per week but to be honest I'd rather be losing 1/2 a lb a week consistently so say 2lb a month than be down 4 & up 3 & yo yoing at least it's coming & staying off :)

its just that the last time i did WW i lost a stone or more a month in fact i lost 5.5 stone in 5 months so i was expecting the same this time round..i am now 4 years older and have 2 kids under 4 so maybe the years have started to catch up on me and with the kids dont have the same time to put into it.:) I one thing i did different the last time was to give up the drink

• Advertisement

Fofany great loss for you too especially after a weekend away! Enjoy your new kitchen :) I chose the custom house square festival in Belfast over B&S the OH liked the idea of a hotel over a tent .... What a wuss! :P but it means I get to hit the shops so I won't complain!

its just that the last time i did WW i lost a stone or more a month in fact i lost 5.5 stone in 5 months so i was expecting the same this time round..i am now 4 years older and have 2 kids under 4 so maybe the years have started to catch up on me and with the kids dont have the same time to put into it.:) I one thing i did different the last time was to give up the drink

:eek::eek::eek: really?! That's amazing! Alcohol could be a factor but when I was at the dr's last wk the nurse was chatting to me & said I was right to be doing it now that metabolism slows down after 31 or so.... How true that is I don't know

How are you finding pp overall? ( with the exception of this WI) do you prefer the food choices over the old plan? For me this plan is better due to the fruit & the weeklies but maybe if the old plan worked so well for you maybe consider swapping over to that for a while? I'm not sure that many ppl are getting big losses on this plan over the older one I think pp promotes 1-2lbs per week with the emphasis on healthy sustainable WL

It may be a 'freak week' & you'll see a delayed result nxt week from all the exercise. Dont lose heart you're doing great :)

:eek::eek::eek: really?! That's amazing! Alcohol could be a factor but when I was at the dr's last wk the nurse was chatting to me & said I was right to be doing it now that metabolism slows down after 31 or so.... How true that is I don't know

How are you finding pp overall? ( with the exception of this WI) do you prefer the food choices over the old plan? For me this plan is better due to the fruit & the weeklies but maybe if the old plan worked so well for you maybe consider swapping over to that for a while? I'm not sure that many ppl are getting big losses on this plan over the older one I think pp promotes 1-2lbs per week with the emphasis on healthy sustainable WL

It may be a 'freak week' & you'll see a delayed result nxt week from all the exercise. Dont lose heart you're doing great :)
    I prefer the PP but it now looks the old way worked best for me,i will stick to the PP because i find much healthier with the free fruit and 49 weeklies is a great idea,my leader did say that the PP system is for loss of between 1 and 2 pound a week.
    There are a few other men in my WW who did the old points as well and found that they lost the weight a lot faster on the old system.
    For this week i am not going to have any beer and also giving up the diet coke and i will have my cheat meal earlier in the week .My new goal is now to be 11 stone by Christmas :( .
    Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and the little push that i needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

kty wrote: »
    Just a thought but maybe you could have a light pants and tshirt in a bag and do a quick change before WI in future, just so you are not worried about it????COuld just keep them in the car for WI days, be handy. Hope you get on ok at WI today.
    Oh and would you be able to post the recipe for the Pad Thai Noodle dish, sounds yum!!! Thanks. ;)

Heya, Thanks, That's actually a good idea. So I was up 1lb but I'm not actually too worried about that as was prepared for anything up to 4 but am glad it was just the 1. If I work hard again this week then hopefully next week's loss will cover the 2 weeks.

Well, I haven't really found a recipe for Phad Thai sauce that I like yet so I cheat a bit and use either the amoy or blue dragon one, I forget which, but it's 4 pp for the whole pack, then I add a packet of low fat bacon medallions which is 4 pp, 300g of cooked egg noodles which is 6pp and then for no points, some garlic, spring onions, 2 x peppers and some red onion. Oh, and Tesco do this garlic pepper grinder thing which is delicious for flavour. I add it to most dishes I make and you can really taste the difference. So the whole thing makes 2 big lunches for 7pp each or you could prob split into 3 smaller ones for a little less if you wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Hey guys, quick one - can anyone tell me how many points a 6'2" 31 yo male weighing 17st 5 should have per day?

Thanks in advance,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement