Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

genie_us wrote: »
    Thanks Lizt!
    That's what I'm doing so far alright... I have to go out tomorrow night with work for dinner and drinks so I'm a bit nervous of that especially as it's my first week but I've been under my allowance all week, plus my new favourite thing the 49 pp a week hopefully it'll be ok!

The first two weeks I was on WW, I drank both weekends. Despite being really good with the porgram, the first week I only lost 2 and a half pounds, the second week I stayed the same. The alcohol really affects my weight so I'm staying away from it especially as it can get really hard to track how many drinks you've had!

Off to the gym now soon, I joined last week to speed up my weight loss. Went to aqua aerobics last night and it was great craic! Definitely think it's the kind of thing I will keep up because it didn't feel like really hard work but at the same time it was a great workout.

Going to do my program now that the trainer did out for me and am gonna head for a swim after. I've been good this week but to be honest I won't be that surpirsed if I put up weight or stay the same on Tuesday because I lost 3 pounds last week, which was a big loss for me and then with starting the gym, I'm probably losing fat but gaining muscle. Feel in a really good mindset now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

For those that are struggling atm, I know what you're going through. Some of the long term posters would know that I've struggled since January with my weight loss. I just couldn't seem to get past a certain point. Finally in the last 6 weeks I have broken through.

I have being strict with my tracking. If I eat a biscuit that someone offers me it gets at least 1 pp. I may not get the exact point of it as I don't have the info but at least I'm giving it something.

I plan my meals at least the night before. I do have a general idea of what I'm eating for the week but the night before I'll write my main meals in the tracker.

I've started back walking again. My exercise had been terrible. I thought the summer would make it easier but it didn't. I do a good hour walk now as often as I can and it has made a difference.

I haven't been going to my normal class all summer and therefore I haven't stayed for the meeting. Now I'm back in college I'm going back to my normal class and staying for my meeting. I find the meetings are a big help and help me stay on track. Also my leader is really nice and supportive and I've missed having her help.

The big thing I've done is multi point. By this I mean if I have 2 time out fingers I used to point them as 4. Because 1 was 2 so therefore 2 was 4 :rolleyes: However after that topic came up here recently I decided to calculate all my treat stuff properly so 2 is actually 5 pps. This has meant I'm more stricter with my points. I did discover though that the small little dairy milk bars the one's with 90 cals in them are 1 for 3pps but 2 for 5pps so you save a point.

I've also stopped drinking. I was drinking way too much over the summer so now I've restricted it. I also never tracked alcohol but now if I have a few vodka and diet cokes I track them.

I've made better use of my weeklies. I use a few every day, so my daily points total is between 30-35 points.

Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps some of you who are struggling. Feel free to ask me any further qs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey m'lady!!

What day was you weigh in as it's only mid week so you can still pull it together?? Did you have a loss/gain last WI or are you demotivated with the whole thing in general. TBH I'm feeling a little that way today but this morning after I felt like all I could do was eat to make myself feel better I looked at why I was feeling that way and realised that food wasn't going to make it any better or the 12pp scone from Cafe Sol :)

Do you have food in the house for your dinners. Can you take a trip out. If you are feeling a little miffed with the effort of it all at the minute maybe just do some ww ready meals etc and have some fruit to hand to snack on and fill up on. And for sure I find is be nice to yourself or do something to pull you through. This eve after work I'm gonna go down the shops and get a new nail varnish or dvd or something. Silly but it gives me a little perk when I'm down and it's not going to sit on the hips :)

Clean slate, past is past, new day etc etc. Hope that helps a little.....:p

Hey Maggie..thank you for your reply. I had weigh in on Tuesday, was up half a pound after losing 4 pounds last week, so yes I probably am demotivated in a way. I just cant seem to think of dinners that I'd like! Im just real 'bla' with any suggestion I think of, I know I sound like a child having a temper tantrum! ,
    I actually was in the shop earlier and wandered and wandered looking for something to make for my dinner and came up with absolutely nothing, just nothing appealed to me and could not think of anything I'm not mad into cooking and right now wouldnt have the time with my job, so I do look for simple recipe ideas.

Anyway I will try and motivate myself and get back on the horse, as I am NOT going to gain the weight I have already lost. Thanks again for your helpful advice, very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

Hi All its been a while well 7 weeks to be exact.:( Was doing really well lost
    21 lbs then my Dad died very suddenly and I just cant seem to get my act together. Believe it or not I have only put on a pound since so I am 9st 13 but with 8 lbs still to go. I thought after missing 2 classes my leader was supposed to text to see why your not there but she didn't and so I just didn't bother going since. M'lady you seem to be very motivated can you spare a little of advice for me ? I am still tracking and pointing but some days theres nothing to write as im not in form of eating....Please Help..Many thanks and very well done to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI Today and down a pound, way hay!
    One pound to go now for the second stone!

Oh just noticed that somewhere here I have slipped into the 80's kg bracket too , now 88.18 kg, started off at 100.2kg

fluffball wrote: »
    21 lbs then my Dad died very suddenly and I just cant seem to get my act together. Believe it or not I have only put on a pound since so I am 9st 13 but with 8 lbs still to go. I thought after missing 2 classes my leader was supposed to text to see why your not there but she didn't and so I just didn't bother going since. M'lady you seem to be very motivated can you spare a little of advice for me ? I am still tracking and pointing but some days theres nothing to write as im not in form of eating....Please Help..Many thanks and very well done to you all.

Sorry to hear of the death of your Dad.

first of all, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine what you're going through. I would say as soon as you feel up to it go back to class. The more you put it off, the more the weight will go up. I totally understand how you feel about not eating, I went through a very stressful period at the start of the year where I was literally barely eating. Just make sure what you are eating is filling and healthy. The foods in the purple booklet that are highlighted in green are the best.
    As regards your leader, I would say maybe she didn't text you because a lot of people drop out at this time of year and don't come back until closer to Christmas. Maybe she didn't want to pressure you.

Anyway, you're going through a rough time right now, I won't be too worried about the weight gain. You need to get your mind in the right place before you can start to work on your body. We're all here for you if you need to come on and vent! xx

PM sent to you fluffball.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Went this morn,after missin 2 weeks,up 3lbs:mad:my own fault,totally!! Anyway,done and dusted so starting from 2moro morn,for the million time:o16 weeks approx til xmas,a stone gone???????????????now,theres a challenge!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

sorry to hear about ur dad

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

audi02 wrote: »
    Didnt do too good this wk as i had a lot of things on last weekend. I wont know until i weigh in tomorrow though. Will keep you posted!!

Hi,
    Said I'd keep you posted! Wasnt gonna bother WI today cos thought I'd done awful bad this week but I thought to myself just go and face reality! Anyways I'm glad I did cos I lost 3.5lbs. Third week WI and down 12.5 lbs already. Hope I can keep it up! And I've been out drinking every weekend so I think if you keep track of them and work out roughly how many you can have before you go out it def helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

lizt wrote: »
    first of all, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine what you're going through. I would say as soon as you feel up to it go back to class. The more you put it off, the more the weight will go up. I totally understand how you feel about not eating, I went through a very stressful period at the start of the year where I was literally barely eating. Just make sure what you are eating is filling and healthy. The foods in the purple booklet that are highlighted in green are the best.
    As regards your leader, I would say maybe she didn't text you because a lot of people drop out at this time of year and don't come back until closer to Christmas. Maybe she didn't want to pressure you.

Anyway, you're going through a rough time right now, I won't be too worried about the weight gain. You need to get your mind in the right place before you can start to work on your body. We're all here for you if you need to come on and vent! xx

Thankyou All so very much for your kind words. I am writing my shopping list now and taking note of all the fruit and veg I WILL be buying. Have a nice weekend everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Right folks....wish me luck off to do my theory.....I know its not ww related...but feck it it....truth is....I know the folks here better than I know the few friends that haven't moved away LOL :P

Mum wants to take me for a pizza & beer if i pass :p its a voucher meal deal....hopefully I can swop the beer for rum & diet coke....and i know its extra thin cripsy base SMALL pizza :) so at the most it'll be 1/2 a pizza...

So, how did it go??

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Anyone got any ideas of what to bring to work for lunch? Have really hit a brick wall as what to bring, everything seems so boring. Went through phases of salads, bagels and cream chesse and pitta bread with tuna but at the moment they don't interest me in the slightest:(So today I have a cup of soup and 2 mccambridge bread...don't think it will be very filling in fairness:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Boop22 wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas of what to bring to work for lunch? Have really hit a brick wall as what to bring, everything seems so boring. Went through phases of salads, bagels and cream chesse and pitta bread with tuna but at the moment they don't interest me in the slightest:(So today I have a cup of soup and 2 mccambridge bread...don't think it will be very filling in fairness:confused:

I go through this all the time, maybe try a chickpea stew or something? Kinda like soup only not blended and way more filling

My lunch today is a salad of parma ham, half a ball of mozarella, baby salad leaves and a sliced peach - 7 pp's. I try to vary it a bit on work days and have something non bread if possible as generally I have some bread at 10.30 ish for my tea break with a banana and it's just too high in pp's to have more bread, wraps, pitta or whatever at lunch time.

Homemade soup is great - so filling, much more so that the cup-a-soup sachets. Made celeriac soup during the week and it was gorgeous, will post the recipe over the weekend.

Beans on toast is a great quickie too and very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I've hit the slump too.... Went from 11st 5 to 10 stone 6.5 in about 14 weeks! Was almost at my stone.. Now for the last month I've be up down up down up!!! So annoying... I'm now at 10 st 9 and I'm sooooo demotivated.. I'm working longer hours too so I'm too wrecked when I get home, and the kids are back to school now so alarm is squealing at me at 6:05am:( I've a hen next weekend in Liverpool so really looking forward to it but so wanted to be down a few more pounds for it.. Anyway I'm tracking like mad this week..last Wi next Tuesday before the hen so please please please let me get a loss, just half a pound even so I know I'm back on track..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 kavanajd

Hi all,

i just bought a box of mr freeze sugar free coolpops in tesco, on special!! Anyway, there mini ones, 20ml each, and the nutritional value states that per 100ml there is a trace of everything! So Im assuming from that that 5 cool pops is no pp?! like diet soda I suppose?! Or am I kidding myself so I can pig out on them?!!!

• Advertisement

Caros wrote: »
    My lunch today is a salad of parma ham, half a ball of mozarella, baby salad leaves and a sliced peach - 7 pp's. I try to vary it a bit on work days and have something non bread if possible as generally I have some bread at 10.30 ish for my tea break with a banana and it's just too high in pp's to have more bread, wraps, pitta or whatever at lunch time.

Homemade soup is great - so filling, much more so that the cup-a-soup sachets. Made celeriac soup during the week and it was gorgeous, will post the recipe over the weekend.

Beans on toast is a great quickie too and very filling.

Hi Caros, thanks for that. Ive been eating spicy chicken salads but kinda getting fed up with them. I know what you're saying about the bread, I try to have it with only one meal a day when possbile:rolleyes: I would usually have home made soup but hadn't any made this morning so just grabbed a cup-a-soup to stop me from hitting the canteen in work and getting a roll/chips and the likes.

Beans and toast is definately an idea though, will give that a try.
    The Cully and Sully soups are 6pp i think but are so worth it if you haven't got the time to make a home made one....they r delish and very filling:D

Hi all,
    I made this yummy soup from www.skinnytaste.com last night. It is an American recipe, but it is easy enough to convert the ingredients. I have cups at home anyway (I'm American). I just used regular potatoes.:

Baked Potato Soup
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 5 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 4 pts •Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 207.6 • Fat: 7.8 g • Carb: 22.5 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 11.9 g

• 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
    • 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
    • 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
    • 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
    • salt and freshly cracked black pepper
    • 1/2 cup light sour cream
    • 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    • 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
    • 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.

Even the kids ate it and it was even better at lunchtime today!

Whoever suggested that Ultimate Weight Watcher Diary app for Android, thank you!! So worth the money. You can even scan in stuff and it finds it (e.g. WW pittas).

The Cully and Sully soups are 6pp i think but are so worth it if you haven't got the time to make a home made one....they r delish and very filling:D

I don't get this, I've looked at the ingrediants on these soups before, they are all fresh ingrediants with no artificial additives or sugars, for the veg soup anyway. Its just veg, so I would give it 1pp to cover it incase there was any stock in there?

Likewise for innocent smoothies, there ingrediants are just fresh fruit, they tell you exactly how much too. So according to that I point them at 0pp...for a pressed apple, half a banana, 1 strawberry, 1 orange, 2blackberries, 3 blueberries, thats the ing of a small carton.

kavanajd wrote: »
    I don't get this, I've looked at the ingrediants on these soups before, they are all fresh ingrediants with no artificial additives or sugars, for the veg soup anyway. Its just veg, so I would give it 1pp to cover it incase there was any stock in there?

Likewise for innocent smoothies, there ingrediants are just fresh fruit, they tell you exactly how much too. So according to that I point them at 0pp...for a pressed apple, half a banana, 1 strawberry, 1 orange, 2blackberries, 3 blueberries, thats the ing of a small carton.

There is butter and cream in the soup. Just checked again and there is defo 6pp in the Veg soup & 5pp in the Mushroom one. Have attached link to the NI on their website http://www.cullyandsully.com/content/cookbook/vegetable-soup-no-bones-about-it

100ml of cream, thats insane, no wonder they taste so good!!! Thanks for pointing that out to me, dont think I'll be going near them again :D

Im more worried about the smoothies though, seem too good to be true, and I have a lil carton every day and also point it as no pp :(

Are innocent smoothies 0pp?? If all that is in them is fruit then I am guessing they'd have to be:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Going here on Sunday night for brothers graduation dinner,
    http://www.haveli.ie/alacarte.pdf

Thinking of splitting the "platter" in the starter menu with my mum,

and going for a potato vegetarian dish cooked in a tomato sauce for my main course,

SARSON KA ALOO – Chunks of potatoes cooked with crackled mustard seeds, simmered in a tomato-based sauce with selective spices and finished with fresh

I'm going to try my hardest not to have any Naan bread....its the best Naan in cork!

Does that sound okay? I want to be satisfied! I dont want to come home hungry!

for three people, we have a voucher for about 70 euro to use! I wont be drinking as its a wine/beer licecence I dont drink either.

Are innocent smoothies 0pp?? If all that is in them is fruit then I am guessing they'd have to be:confused:

Wouldn't think so. Oranges are free but orange juice isn't. I think it's probably to do with the fact that when you're consuming actual fruit you have something to break down but if you're consuming a liquid, your body doesn't have to use as much energy. That would be my guess anyway!

Going here on Sunday night for brothers graduation dinner,
    http://www.haveli.ie/alacarte.pdf

Thinking of splitting the "platter" in the starter menu with my mum,

and going for a potato vegetarian dish cooked in a tomato sauce for my main course,

SARSON KA ALOO – Chunks of potatoes cooked with crackled mustard seeds, simmered in a tomato-based sauce with selective spices and finished with fresh

I'm going to try my hardest not to have any Naan bread....its the best Naan in cork!

Does that sound okay? I want to be satisfied! I dont want to come home hungry!

for three people, we have a voucher for about 70 euro to use! I wont be drinking as its a wine/beer licecence I dont drink either.

Sounds pretty good as indian food goes! How did the theory test go?

lizt wrote: »
    Sounds pretty good as indian food goes! How did the theory test go?

it is a great indian....really authentic...most indian places are actually bangladesh (we know our indians :P my mum lived and travelled all over india for years)

Passed it :D delighted! Thanks for asking! :) Also paid my college fees, and got a pretty big discount on my fee's :D So what ive saved on my college fee's is now my deposit for South Africa next summer :D Car checked in for service and got a pretty good quote for car insurance...eeeep been quite all summer now its go go go!

heading back to college 12th september! aaaah so soon! Must start getting up craic of dawn again from next week...to get my self kinda used to it!

sarahfancy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I made this yummy soup from www.skinnytaste.com last night. It is an American recipe, but it is easy enough to convert the ingredients. I have cups at home anyway (I'm American). I just used regular potatoes.:

Baked Potato Soup
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 5 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 4 pts •Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 207.6 • Fat: 7.8 g • Carb: 22.5 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 11.9 g

• 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
    • 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
    • 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
    • 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
    • salt and freshly cracked black pepper
    • 1/2 cup light sour cream
    • 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    • 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
    • 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.

Even the kids ate it and it was even better at lunchtime today!

Whoever suggested that Ultimate Weight Watcher Diary app for Android, thank you!! So worth the money. You can even scan in stuff and it finds it (e.g. WW pittas).

if the kids like it....I say good chance I'll like it :D Sounds REALLY good! Some weekend I have the kitchen to my self going to attempt it!. What chicken broth did you use? home made or canned, i know ww do chicken soup....meat soup in a can always kinda grossed me out a lil! meat in a can always kinda gave me the creeps!

• Advertisement

if the kids like it....I say good chance I'll like it :D Sounds REALLY good! Some weekend I have the kitchen to my self going to attempt it!
    I baked the potatoes in the oven because I was working from home yesterday and had time, but I think it work just as well in the microwave.

Every recipe I have tried from that site has been excellent. One of my other faves was a Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp. Quick and yummmy.

I baked the potatoes in the oven because I was working from home yesterday and had time, but I think it work just as well in the microwave.

Every recipe I have tried from that site has been excellent. One of my other faves was a Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp. Quick and yummmy.

yeah I'd prob bake the in oven. prob that bit healthier than the microwave swell! heard a horrible story other day...which has made me just wanna minimise my microwave usage as much as possible! i wont post the story cos its just HORRIFIC!

Hmmmmmm prawns would prob work in that thai coconut recipe i say...i have bags and bags of prawns in the freezer...must start using them....to make room for other stuff! LOL

yeah I'd prob bake the in oven. prob that bit healthier than the microwave swell! heard a horrible story other day...which has made me just wanna minimise my microwave usage as much as possible! i wont post the story cos its just HORRIFIC!

Hmmmmmm prawns would prob work in that thai coconut recipe i say...i have bags and bags of prawns in the freezer...must start using them....to make room for other stuff! LOL
    Prawns would work. I used king prawns from Tesco.

Actually shrimp is really only the American word for prawns here.

Prawns would work. I used king prawns from Tesco.

Actually shrimp is really only the American word for prawns here.

to me shrimp are the lil tiny ones :P yeah we get the tesco ones too :D Aldi Fishmonger brand are good too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Supermummy

hey im just after finding this thread, ive been a long term member with weight watchers. back in 2006 i lost a total of 51lbs to reach my goal and became a gold member. fast forward 2008 started my family and ive had kids and piled all weight back on. I went back to weight watchers in jan and found it hard to get used to the new scheme lost about 2stone followed the old plan. gave up in june as had surgeries and now im back doing it myself the past 2 weeks and i cant shift anything on this new plan. I just cant seem to just eat 29pp each day im always going over it. I also have a girls night out coming up anyone know how many points in a bottle bud lite? thanks

Supermummy wrote: »
    hey im just after finding this thread, ive been a long term member with weight watchers. back in 2006 i lost a total of 51lbs to reach my goal and became a gold member. fast forward 2008 started my family and ive had kids and piled all weight back on. I went back to weight watchers in jan and found it hard to get used to the new scheme lost about 2stone followed the old plan. gave up in june as had surgeries and now im back doing it myself the past 2 weeks and i cant shift anything on this new plan. I just cant seem to just eat 29pp each day im always going over it. I also have a girls night out coming up anyone know how many points in a bottle bud lite? thanks

Hey... I'm a bit the same as yourself, having difficulty keeping within the 29 pp at the moment. Are you using your weekly pp?

I checked a mail that my leader sent us with the pp of alcohol. coors light is down at 4 pp per bottle, but bud isn't list, they are quite similar really. However I'm not sure if that is correct to be honest, it seems a bit low to be, so maybe someone else might know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Supermummy

thanks so much for your reply, im trying to stick to points and ive gotten three walks in this week. Im cheif bridesmaid at xmas for my friend and her and the two other bridesmaids are very skinny. Im 11st 7lbs at the minute i would be very happy to get down 1 stone, going to get myself organised this week with food and recipies. ive downloaded the ones from this thread they are great. Thinking of joining a spinning class but afraid i wont be able for it. Any one any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Supermummy wrote: »
    thanks so much for your reply, im trying to stick to points and ive gotten three walks in this week. Im cheif bridesmaid at xmas for my friend and her and the two other bridesmaids are very skinny. Im 11st 7lbs at the minute i would be very happy to get down 1 stone, going to get myself organised this week with food and recipies. ive downloaded the ones from this thread they are great. Thinking of joining a spinning class but afraid i wont be able for it. Any one any suggestions.

You're doing really well so far & I'm sure you'll get the last stone off in time for the wedding. This thread is great for motivation. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Passed it :D delighted!

Congratulations.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 truckerswife

Hi guys totally new to this i joined ww bout 3 wks ago, 1st wk stayed the same 2nd wk down1.5lbs 3rd wk up .5lbs just cant get in to the swing of it this time, been good with points well i think i am, have been using the vibro plate so not sure if its muscle, have bout 12lbs more than when i was going june 10, would love some tips, leader said track everything and maybe need to get bloods checked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Hi guys totally new to this i joined ww bout 3 wks ago, 1st wk stayed the same 2nd wk down1.5lbs 3rd wk up .5lbs just cant get in to the swing of it this time, been good with points well i think i am, have been using the vibro plate so not sure if its muscle, have bout 12lbs more than when i was going june 10, would love some tips, leader said track everything and maybe need to get bloods checked

My main tips would be plan, weigh everything and track everything. There is no point tracking everything though if you're guessing portion sizes. So if you don't have one invest in a weighing scales.

Also don't guess points - I point everything before I eat it. I also plan every days food the day before and rarely make changes.

All this does take a bit of time but it's time well invested.

It'll happen for you!! Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Completed a 33km cycle as one part of a triathlon team today ... knackered.com

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Completed a 33km cycle as one part of a triathlon team today ... knackered.com

Wow, thought I was doing well yesterday - went for a swim, did an hour in the gym and then went to aqua aerobics as well. So sore today, hope the scales reflect the work I put in this week!

havana wrote: »
    My main tips would be plan, weigh everything and track everything. There is no point tracking everything though if you're guessing portion sizes. So if you don't have one invest in a weighing scales.

Also don't guess points - I point everything before I eat it. I also plan every days food the day before and rarely make changes.

All this does take a bit of time but it's time well invested.

It'll happen for you!! Best of luck.
    That's brilliant advice Havana, I so need to start planning my meals in advance, my problem is that I end up not in the mood for what I've planned the night before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Thankyou All so very much for your kind words. I am writing my shopping list now and taking note of all the fruit and veg I WILL be buying. Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Sorry to hear your news.. :(

Pears
    Carrots and Parsnips
    Peppers
    Apples
    Bananas all 79cent in Aldi this week!

Track and point everything - Weigh everything. It's as simple as that.
    I'm doing this since end April and I don't guess weights of anything unless I'm dining out and then I give a guesstimate and edge on the side of caution and generally would give it a few extra points to be safe.

For what did the leader reckon you need your bloods tested?

So you know the way I've been nattering on about South Africa....sounds like one of those things ppl say but never actually do.......I JUST PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT! 16th July 2012 for THREE WEEKS working in a research and conservation centre with elephants. We'll be living in the park! So now I have a something HUGE to work towards! I might do a further two weeks out in Madagascar! Studied Lemars in college so would love to see the places that I've been reading about!

Now thats my motivation...now I have a date...an event to work towards. 10 months! roughly 40 weeks! I'd love to even get 30lbs off!

I'm finally getting off my ass and making my life happen!

So you know the way I've been nattering on about South Africa....sounds like one of those things ppl say but never actually do.......I JUST PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT! 16th July 2012 for THREE WEEKS working in a research and conservation centre with elephants. We'll be living in the park! So now I have a something HUGE to work towards! I might do a further two weeks out in Madagascar! Studied Lemars in college so would love to see the places that I've been reading about!

Now thats my motivation...now I have a date...an event to work towards. 10 months! roughly 40 weeks! I'd love to even get 30lbs off!

I'm finally getting off my ass and making my life happen!

Good woman Lainy and you can do it too!

Right So I have 31pp left for the indian tonight! :D I know I wont be able to point it exactly....but at least I shouldn't go over by too much :D

going to stick to vegetarian main course, with no rice :) diet coke and water.
    And shared starter,
    and A large Latte for dessert...even if its full fat milk...thats still better than ice cream and fried banana fritters....prob wont go there for another 2 years :P I really want Lamb Keema Nan! standard Nan is 12 pp....god only knows what this could be....But i gotta live! It's one meal, not the end of the world....I have been out for 45 min walk with the dogs aswell...this week I really trying...

Plan from this week...even if i cant point it....I'm still going to write it down as a food diary in general! I need to start making it fit me!

I seemed to have this mentallity....ah i can i can have this slice of toast...its not like I'm out on the piss and eating curries! I was rationalising my food cheats! enjoy it for about five seconds then kick my self for having it!

Going to try and set my self lil challenge...Going to tell my self I need to earn 15 activity points over the next week...does matter how i get them...as long as i get them! Now so far I have 6 earned between yesterday and today!

so its kinda 1pp per 10 mins walking...so I need to brisk walk 150 mins between now and next saturday morning!

• Advertisement

Just wondering if everyone uses activity pro points? I don't, my leader doesn't really encourage using them...

I don't want to fall into the trap of undereating but at the same time I'm just afraid of doing the whole "I earned x amount of point so I can have 10 biscuits now"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement