Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

Hey everyone,

Have been following this thread for a week or so and i have to say it gave me the motivation to get myself to a Weight Watchers meeting today! So far am feeling confident about it hopefully it wont wear off! :D

Just wondering if any of you could help me point something? I had a roll from the deli before my meeting and dont know where to start to propoint it :o It was a white demi baguette with 2 slices of ham about 3 tablespoons of egg mayo with some onions and tomatoes!
    If any of you could even give me an estimate on how many points that would be I'd be very greatful!

Thank You :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

xxkazxx wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Have been following this thread for a week or so and i have to say it gave me the motivation to get myself to a Weight Watchers meeting today! So far am feeling confident about it hopefully it wont wear off! :D

Just wondering if any of you could help me point something? I had a roll from the deli before my meeting and dont know where to start to propoint it :o It was a white demi baguette with 2 slices of ham about 3 tablespoons of egg mayo with some onions and tomatoes!
    If any of you could even give me an estimate on how many points that would be I'd be very greatful!

A demi baguette is 8PP. I would point the 2 slices of ham as 2PP depending on thickness. Bad news on the egg mayo. It was probably made with full fat mayonnaise, which is 3PP per tablespoon. So if it was say one large egg which is 3PP and it was mixed with 2 tbsp of mayo, then the egg mayo would be 9PP. Total PP for the roll, I would guestimate as 19PP. Next time if you are getting a roll, try and go for plain chicken and salad or meat and salad and ask for a scraping of mayo.

Monife wrote: »
    A demi baguette is 8PP. I would point the 2 slices of ham as 2PP depending on thickness. Bad news on the egg mayo. It was probably made with full fat mayonnaise, which is 3PP per tablespoon. So if it was say one large egg which is 3PP and it was mixed with 2 tbsp of mayo, then the egg mayo would be 9PP. Total PP for the roll, I would guestimate as 19PP. Next time if you are getting a roll, try and go for plain chicken and salad or meat and salad and ask for a scraping of mayo.

Thanks for your reply :)

I knew it would be bad, just wanted to squeeze one more delicious roll in to get it out of my system for my fresh start! ;) Thought it would have been more points to be honest!Still have 10 left for dinner which is grand!Hmmm hope it stays this easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well I went to my meeting.. down half a pound... better than gaining, and I'm feeling bit more motivated now. Thanks for the advice ladies, probably wouldn't have come to meeting had it not been for the advice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭s.a.man

lizt wrote: »
    I have a recipie for spag bol on my blog - see link in my signature! It's only 2pp per portion :)

I will definitely give quorn a swirl :) I grew up in South africa where we ate soya meat quite a lot so I don't think it will be a probs for me! Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The new Walkers Sun Bites crisps are gorgeous! 3PP each bag. Yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gillou83

second weigh in this morning. 3lbs down so 10lbs in total. cant believe it. im eating so well and healthy tha it doesnt even feel like a diet. well done to every1 else this week guys.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Ate so much crap today :( Long day on a bus. then ploughing championships,
    So tired!

Healthy breakie!

Chips, Cheese & Garlic, jelly babies and diet coke for lunch :(:(

Crap i know!!!!!!

:( going to lash the water into me, then off to bed! Hopefully will be getting paid this week so can do a nice big grocery shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done to everyone on all the losses this evening!

I got my Davina DVD and gave the 1st 30 min workout a go. Well I was in bits after. Hopefully it will do some damage control from Sun but still expecting a gain tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

lila44 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone here is going to college? Im back now, and it's so hard to make my points stretch out during the day!

Im into my second week of college, and I've just been so hungry all day, I hate this.

And also, what do ye do about nights out? We all know college involves nights out, i.e. alcohol, and I haven't been going out at all. I feel so unsociable!

I'm so frustrated, cos I was doing so well before I started college. Was having no problems whatsoever. I started WW in july, and so far have lost 18.5lb's. I don't want to give up, but I'm finding it so hard.

Im in college too.. heading into fourth year now! :0
    Im also finding it so hard so far. I have my breakfast at about 9 and by 11 im STARVING! I think its just because I do be sitting for a long while in the class, on the bus etc..

Im also so tired leaving college that I dont have any interest in exercise!
    Oh, hopefully Ill find some kind of solution! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Ditsy Dotsy

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me joining - I started back to WW 3 weeks ago today. I have 2 and a half stone to lose (hopefully by Christmas!) - I lost 3lbs my first week and 2lbs this week and I'm pretty happy with that so far. I bought the eating out guide at the meeting tonight and was shocked to realise the points in some of the meals! I think I was underestimating when eating out - so I've no excuse now!!! Anyway, hoping the loss will be steady till Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Down 2.5 that's 12 in 4weeks and last week I had gained so doing well overall

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, I have had the most terrible few week of eating and drinking with weddings, christenings and pure being a pig!! Up at least 7 pounds and my clothes sooo tight!! Going back to be weighed for first time in month tommorrow..... Defo won't be still gold :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Down 2.5 that's 12 in 4weeks and last week I had gained so doing well overall

Well done Lisa, that's a fantastic over all weightloss!

My first weigh in, fingers cross that I lose something hopefully! :)

Good luck to everybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Didnt really want to post this today ...

up 4.75LBS this week :o

we had a relation from england over for the week, so there was chipper food, maccyDs, chinese take out, bottles of real coke, cakes, biscuits, very poor water intake.... and I didnt track for the week

I kinda knew it was coming, but ... nearly 5lbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Wow that seems like a lot, might be a fake gain, see how you go next week.
    Once I put up 3lbs in one week, was gutted. The following week I was down 4 so there you go.

I've put on 2.5lbs between Electric Picnic and being sick the week after - not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it scuppers my plans for getting to goal by Christmas. :(

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Didnt really want to post this today ...

up 4.75LBS this week :o

we had a relation from england over for the week, so there was chipper food, maccyDs, chinese take out, bottles of real coke, cakes, biscuits, very poor water intake.... and I didnt track for the week

I kinda knew it was coming, but ... nearly 5lbs?

Half of that could be water retention from all the salty food and not taking in enough water. Flush your body out with loads of water before your next WI and you might be pleasantly surprised.

On a negative note though, I have noticed, as time has gone on in my weightloss journey, it is SO easy to gain weight. I wasn't even that bad the last week, like I had 1 not so good meal and 1 bad meal and a homemade scone made it in there too but my scales is showing a 1lb gain and I definitely don't deserve that. Will see at WI tonight :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Put on 2.5lbs this week. Knew I would back I hadn't been tracking and was just eating what I wanted. Plus a week of french baguettes for breakfast, lunch and dinner probably didn't help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anyone have any suggestions for lunch? I'm getting kinda bored of wraps and pitta breads and I'm trying to stay away from bread type foods.

Also trying to eat loads of the filling and healthy foods (the green highlighted foods) because my leader said people who do that lose more weight. I'm really trying to stay away from the treats because I can feel my weight loss starting to stall and when I'm still about 5 stone away from goal that is not good!!

• Advertisement

How many pp is in 125g 95%lean mince from dunnes stores? Anyone? Thanks

Anyone have any suggestions for lunch? I'm getting kinda bored of wraps and pitta breads and I'm trying to stay away from bread type foods.

Also trying to eat loads of the filling and healthy foods (the green highlighted foods) because my leader said people who do that lose more weight. I'm really trying to stay away from the treats because I can feel my weight loss starting to stall and when I'm still about 5 stone away from goal that is not good!!

Some of the cully &sully soups are only 4pp, I eat that often for a lunch with 1 slice of brown bread with a fruit afterwards, if you are still hungry you can make a salad worth 2pp... That will really fill you up and it will keep hunger at bay at least till dinner or a snack!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    Hey all, I have had the most terrible few week of eating and drinking with weddings, christenings and pure being a pig!! Up at least 7 pounds and my clothes sooo tight!! Going back to be weighed for first time in month tommorrow..... Defo won't be still gold :-(

let us know how you get on.. It might not be as bad as you expect! Im feeling a bit like you.. After a summer of literally pigging out and not focusing on ww as much as I should have Im going to WI tonight.. Expecting to be up about 8lbs :rolleyes:

You could have a range of different salads. Whatever salad veg you like with chicken or tuna or sliced salami/ham. You could encorporate some wholegrain pasta into a salad too so that and the protein would be filling. 30g pasta would be enough in a salad. You could make some homemade 0PP soup and have 2 slices of mccambridge with it for 5PP. Even mini portions of dinner you make, or leftovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

Have my 2nd Weigh In this evening at 5pm. Lost 4lbs last week and weighed in at 13st 12.5lbs, although I was wearing lighter clothes I think also. Have eaten out twice this week [new boy on the scene, taking me on dates!] and one of those times was last night so not hopeful about the weigh in. I've also got my period since Monday. Have bootcamp again this evening though so if it's not a good result at WI I'll just have to work my butt off[ I wish!] even more at bootcamp afterwards. Will update later! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

just back from weigh in.. the recipes in the little free magazine sound lovely! def gonna try the cheesy chicken dippers!

Hey all,

I got a recipe off my leader for a 0 point basic veg soup but when I point the ingredients it gives me 2 points would anyone be able to tell me if it has or hasn't got points in it? I'm new at this and don't want to point anything wrong:o

Ingredients: 3 carrots,1 medium onion,tin of tomatoes and 1 stock cube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Well totally disillusioned!! Lost 3.5 first week, up 1.5 last week and up another .5 this evening. Stuck to basically same food as first week, exercising more...what's going on?

Anyone know how many in kfc mini chicken fillet? Have still 40 min drive ahead and starving!

Well as predicted I was up today at WI but it was much more than I expected 3.5lbs :eek: :mad: So I go from being 0.5lb from my next stone to 4lbs away. Every time I get close to that 2nd stone I blow it.

Anyway start of a new week tomorrow so I'm gonna work hard. I'm gonna try and do Davina DVD every day and get most of that 3.5lbs gain gone by next week. Wishful thinking but here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

cailindana wrote: »
    let us know how you get on.. It might not be as bad as you expect! Im feeling a bit like you.. After a summer of literally pigging out and not focusing on ww as much as I should have Im going to WI tonight.. Expecting to be up about 8lbs :rolleyes:
    Hey callindana, so scared going to get weighed today!! But delighted be only up 4 pounds.....which is bad but thought would be worse!! I'm determined now to lose the extra and get back to my lowest weight I have been since gold...so 8 pounds in total!! 13 weeks to Xmas....stone will be gone!! How was you weighin???

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Anyone else get completely frazzled trying to figure things out sometimes??

So last week was up .5lbs for no reason, even though I had a good week. So didn't let it get to me and carried on eating well for the week. I did however take the week off exercise. I wasn't feeling great and my body was quite tired from doing so much exercise. WI tonight -2.5lbs :confused: Bodies do the strangest of things. I'm starting to think people's theories about your body being a week behind may be applied to me to aswell. Can't explain it. I'm delighted of course so here's to a good week :)

lost 2 lbs only the first week, is that good? I think maybe its time to kick start the new week with some light exercising me thinks :)

Up 3lb at WI tonight :( Shocked is an understatement. I am so p**sed off!! I just don't understand how I gained 3lb. Like my 3 weeks (honeymoon and wedding) of completely overindulging (eating all my PP for breakfast most likely) I gained 6lb, thats 2lb per week of total gluttony. This week, I had 14 drinks (spaced over 3 days), 1 McDonald (chicken nuggets and chips), a homemade scone and 2 mini chocolate bars, but apart from that I was a saint. I just don't understand it. :mad:

The leader said it may be that I had a false loss last week (3.5lb) because I was sick so this week is a false gain, but still very p**sed off to say the least. I just feel like I am on a merry-go-round journey and I am never going to get off. It is just so easy to put weight on but so hard to lose it. :(:(

Edit: I think I only went over my PP by about 20PP which is approx 3PP per day, which you would think would mean you would STS as maintainers are told to add a few PP to their daily allowance. :mad:

Such a bad day today four hours on the road and eating in the car and no excersise... and i have a weekend in Donegal this weekend i shall break the scales next Wednesday...

I'm swapping to Wednesday Morning weigh in from Tuesday nights...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Anyone else get completely frazzled trying to figure things out sometimes??

So last week was up .5lbs for no reason, even though I had a good week. So didn't let it get to me and carried on eating well for the week. I did however take the week off exercise. I wasn't feeling great and my body was quite tired from doing so much exercise. WI tonight -2.5lbs :confused: Bodies do the strangest of things. I'm starting to think people's theories about your body being a week behind may be applied to me to aswell. Can't explain it. I'm delighted of course so here's to a good week :)

My wife was the same, we are both on ww and she was working out intensely at home as she doesn't really get out for walks so on the treadmill every day however she was getting little weight loss compared to me so I suggested she was over exercising and that she cut back her marathon run/jog to 3 days a week instead of the 6 she was doin and she then started to get a good weight loss each week

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Up 3lb at WI tonight :( Shocked is an understatement. I am so p**sed off!! I just don't understand how I gained 3lb. Like my 3 weeks (honeymoon and wedding) of completely overindulging (eating all my PP for breakfast most likely) I gained 6lb, thats 2lb per week of total gluttony. This week, I had 14 drinks (spaced over 3 days), 1 McDonald (chicken nuggets and chips), a homemade scone and 2 mini chocolate bars, but apart from that I was a saint. I just don't understand it. :mad:

Edit: I think I only went over my PP by about 20PP which is approx 3PP per day, which you would think would mean you would STS as maintainers are told to add a few PP to their daily allowance. :mad:

Mmmmhh I'm just after going over my tracker for this week and I was within my weeklies including my big day Sun. It definitely didn't warrant a 3.5lb gain. It's strange isn't it because on worse weeks I've lost. Hopefully it will balance out for both of us next week. I'm on that merry-go-round with you. Can't seem to get passed a certain point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosmarius

closifer wrote: »
    Im back on Weight Watchers after a Summer of eating EVERYTHING! knew that goin back on some sort of sensible plan was inevitable so I started back yesterday. Put up 8lbs over the Summer so its not TOO bad but I really want to shift it before the Xmas season kicks in and 8lbs turn into 1 stone plus!

Im using WW online again. You are supposed to be in the UK to use it but its very easy to get around this and i find it helpful and well worth 12euros a month :)

Im having Danone Activia Faat Free Yoghurts for brekkie with a small amount of granola crumbled on top. This is coming in at 4pp

For Lunch....Today I had a carton of Cully and Sully Honey Carrot Soup and I was shocked when I pointed it that its only 3pp! Well worth it IMO!

Dinners and snacks are more of an issue and I have forgotten all the low point snacks that I used to line my cupboards with! Can anyone recommend some low point salty snacks. Im a sucker for taytos and salty crisps!!
    You mention using the uk online service and ways to do this!! What are the ways please? (I don't have a uk address). I've contacted WW in Ireland on this many times, can never understand why they don't have the facility here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

-0.5lb at WI. Had to eat before I went as I had bootcamp and otherwise if I left eating til after WW it'd be too close to BootCamp! Will see how it goes next week. Onwards & downwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

s.a.man wrote: »
    lost 2 lbs only the first week, is that good? I think maybe its time to kick start the new week with some light exercising me thinks :)

Any loss is great, I've known people to loose .5lbs to one fella I know lost 11lbs(I kid you not) in their first week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi All

only found this current thread on WW and am so glad to be able to read this and other peoples experience.

i started on 10th August and so far have to say im doing well

week 1 i had 6lb of
    week 2 i had 4.5lb of
    week 3 i had 2.5lb of, really wanted to make my stone the following week but
    week 4 i had .5lb on
    week 5 i had 3lb of - so got my stone, was delighted and just had my wi 2nite so week 6 i had 2.5lb of - so 18lb so far - still a very long long way to go.
    ive been told the 2nd stone is a lot harder to shed than the first - did anyone else find this?
    sorry for long winded thread

• Advertisement

messrs wrote: »
    Hi All

only found this current thread on WW and am so glad to be able to read this and other peoples experience.

i started on 10th August and so far have to say im doing well

week 1 i had 6lb of
    week 2 i had 4.5lb of
    week 3 i had 2.5lb of, really wanted to make my stone the following week but
    week 4 i had .5lb on
    week 5 i had 3lb of - so got my stone, was delighted and just had my wi 2nite so week 6 i had 2.5lb of - so 18lb so far - still a very long long way to go.
    ive been told the 2nd stone is a lot harder to shed than the first - did anyone else find this?
    sorry for long winded thread

Very good losses.. I'm 2lb away from my first stone so will gladly follow your journy to your second stone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Rosmarius wrote: »
    You mention using the uk online service and ways to do this!! What are the ways please? (I don't have a uk address). I've contacted WW in Ireland on this many times, can never understand why they don't have the facility here!

all you have to do is find a UK hotel and use the address from that :P
    they dont post you anything so doesnt matter. only thing is you cant shop online on the UK site, cos they dont ship to ireland.

weight watcherss UK and weight watchers Ireland are two separate companies

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    they dont post you anything so doesnt matter. only thing is you cant shop online on the UK site, cos they dont ship to ireland.

Just to add to this, if you are based near the border of Northern Ireland and get friendly with a post office clerk in an NI county, you could ask could stuff from the UK get posted there. My Dad lives in Sligo but a post office on the border of Fermanagh and Sligo lets him get stuff posted there. Saves on postage considerably as most UK shops consider posting to NI the same as posting in the UK.

Just a lil note... a find all the gang a lot friendlier on here than on the boards on their ww site.. u could get ate for asking or saying the wrong thing on them... dosnt stop me snooping though :) lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Im back!!!! (well at least i will be from 10.30 when i weigh in) used to weigh in weekly at lunch time in college but over the summer i did ww online and lets just say it didnt go to well and then life happpened so havent even been thinking ww over the last month or so.

so going back to classes today (new class as ive finished college) but i know the leader and she's lovely im going to do the 12 classes for 10 as its cheeper when you rejoin and im going to get a tracker book and stick to it religiously for the next 12 weeks. i know the worst part is going to be walking back in the door. making my shopping list at the moment and going to do the shopping after ww so i have motivation.

anyway long time lurker ocassional poster but i cant wait to link back in with you's all and read back over how everyone is getting on
    is someone still running the movtivation excel thingy?

Thanks a mill for that, I'll look up a hotel now!! I currently use WW at home in Ireland and post my details in every week. Do you reckon the online service is good for the fee (€12 a monht did you say?). What services do you get for the fee?
    Thanks again

Thanks a mill for that, I'll look up a hotel now!! I currently use WW at home in Ireland and post my details in every week. Do you reckon the online service is good for the fee (€12 a monht did you say?). What services do you get for the fee?
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

Hi All,
    Just rejoined last night, have been on and off weightwatchers for about four years now but decided enough is enough. I have a good bit to lose but feel with the information I have gained through reading all your posts its definately do-able. You are an incredibly motivating bunch and I'm glad to be joining you on this journey.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 heuston

This morning I'd a bowl of cornflakes plus slimline milk. Since then I've had four plums and an actimel yoghurt and I'm still absolutely starving and liable to go mad at lunch!

Think I must be having too little at breakfast, just interested to know what other people have.

Down 3lbs so far and I'm in for the long haul this time!

When I go to the gym and lets say I do 30min worth of strenuous exercise, how many extra pp do I get for the day? Was just wondering as I cannot find any of this information with the starter kit that I received when I joined!

Thank you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement