Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Monife wrote: »
    OMG, you are my sista from another mista. End of July this year I had lost 50lb (since Nov 2010, good bit of faffing around). I am going backwards now, LOTS of faffing around and I am at 41lb lost. I am trying to get my head back into it, once I have 2 good weeks in a row then i'll know I am back into it :)

I have 120lb in total to lose, so another 79lb to go and man is it coming off SO SLOW now. And I am finding it is SO easy to put it on, last December, I remember a bold week I had and I was down 2lb (old plan) and then this month, I have a bold week and i'm fecking up 2/3lb!! I don't understand it at all!!! We'll get there in the end :)

at least you have an excuse with the wedding and the honeymoon to have put on a bit... everyone deserves to let themselves go at their own wedding it will come off and the way i see ikt if i hadnt lost these 50lbs i would probally have put on another 50 by not doing ww

i found putting my 50lb cert on the fridge has stopped me going near it. also started wearing a smaller size pair of jeans so i know i cant eat outside my points or they wont fit again!!!

i also just bought myself a phone to reward myself (the htc cha cha). i know theres a weight watchers app on andriod but i cant find the name of it in this thread... what does everyone else use?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

some one asked yesterday about bread rolls i think

cuisine de france demi baguette 120g pp8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

Eabhabear, thank you for your encouragement, half the time I think I'm invisible here! I'm doing well at WW - luckily I don't need the support of others, but anyway! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Had a STS at WI last night, was delighted especially after being sick & missing last week's meeting - really enjoyed the meeting last night, everyone seemed to be on an honesty kick, had a great group chat.

Fridays are usually my downfall, I'm always busy on Fridays & end up rushing & eating crap, so last night I cooked a chicken (4) and veg (1) stir-fry after my meeting last night and stuck it in the fridge for today - popped it in the microwave when I came home & it was ready by the time I put my shopping away. Also got up a half hour earlier & boiled eggs for us all for breakfast, and brought fruit in my bag when I went shopping.

Just a few small tips for anyone else who seems to be running round like a mad yoke on a Friday, get us all off on the right start for the weekend!! x

Had a STS at WI last night, was delighted especially after being sick & missing last week's meeting - really enjoyed the meeting last night, everyone seemed to be on an honesty kick, had a great group chat.

Fridays are usually my downfall, I'm always busy on Fridays & end up rushing & eating crap, so last night I cooked a chicken (4) and veg (1) stir-fry after my meeting last night and stuck it in the fridge for today - popped it in the microwave when I came home & it was ready by the time I put my shopping away. Also got up a half hour earlier & boiled eggs for us all for breakfast, and brought fruit in my bag when I went shopping.

Just a few small tips for anyone else who seems to be running round like a mad yoke on a Friday, get us all off on the right start for the weekend!! x
    I'm heading away abroad for the weekend, THAT'S my downfall when I'm not making my own meals! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

AnnaGram85 wrote: »
    I'm heading away abroad for the weekend, THAT'S my downfall when I'm not making my own meals! :(

I'm away now most of the weekend too - gonna try and do a bit of damage limitation, have breakfast before I go, snack on fruit or low pp snacks, and then dinner can't do too much harm no matter what it is, as long as there's no heavy sauces/fat on meat/ full fat spreads. Going to Mums on Sunday and her roast is beautiful, but just planning on having a small portion with no gravy/sauces and minimal potatoes! My leader often says that it's not the one or two meals that ruins the week, it's the guilt from those meals x

Edit: sorry, just saw you said abroad! I'd just say stick to things you know how to point, and if in a restaurant situation make a choice based on the info you have - eg tomato-based sauces over creamy, lean meats over fatty cuts. Limit spreads & sauces, and split dessert or go for a fruit salad - snacks can still be fruit, etc. But again, one weekend isn't going to destroy your whole week unless you let it, which is what happened to me the last fortnight, couldn't get rid of the guilt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

AnnaGram85 wrote: »

I know I get the fear as well. When I was away last time because I wasn't sure of food etc I only had 3 square meals and asked for ALL sauces on the side, get sides of salad or veg and have some fruit in the bag!!! WW fruities are great for traveling (or the cinema) keeps my busy chewing :) enjoy the break!!

I'm only away for 3 nights/4 days so shouldn't be TOO bad but it's the beering - we're going out every night boozing! Will just have to try my best and if worst comes to the worst, pull myself back where I can. Have a big 30th w/end coming up too [not mine!] next weekend! Argh! It's all go!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zingabee

Hi everyone

I came across this thread today and I'm delighted that I found it..... I have been attending WW since the June bank holiday and so far I am down 2 stone and half a pound.... my problem is the event for which I was dieting was a fortnight ago ( bro's wedding) and I am finding it hard to stay motivated.

Another problem I have is that when I am stressed I eat...... I have probably have had the most two stressful weeks of my life at work which is problem no 3 - I work in a hotel and I am constantly picking at crap in the kitchen....I don't eat veg but I can smell a spicy wedge at 50 paces.

I have fallen out of the habit of tracking because I am constantly on the move and I was wondering does anyone know of an iphone app- I know there's one for android but there doesn't seem to be one for iphone....just my luck!

Thanks in advance!

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Zingabee wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I came across this thread today and I'm delighted that I found it..... I have been attending WW since the June bank holiday and so far I am down 2 stone and half a pound.... my problem is the event for which I was dieting was a fortnight ago ( bro's wedding) and I am finding it hard to stay motivated.

Another problem I have is that when I am stressed I eat...... I have probably have had the most two stressful weeks of my life at work which is problem no 3 - I work in a hotel and I am constantly picking at crap in the kitchen....I don't eat veg but I can smell a spicy wedge at 50 paces.

I have fallen out of the habit of tracking because I am constantly on the move and I was wondering does anyone know of an iphone app- I know there's one for android but there doesn't seem to be one for iphone....just my luck!

Thanks in advance!

Z

Hi Zingabee, well done on your weight loss so far, you've done really well! :) I use the iWatchr app religiously and find it very good, well worth the 79c! It has a calculator and tracker and is really simple to use, hope that helps! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, been AWOL for a good few weeks which normally means I'm on an eating spree!!! I actually found myself power walking to the shop for the second time tonight to buy junk....and thought to myself this is the compulsion drug addicts and alcoholics must have and freaked me out but not enough to stop me!!

I'm feel like im sabotaging myself for some reason....I really wanna lose a stone by feb as heading to do NZ for the year and wanna feel my best and also will be the first time I live with my boyfriend, who never sees my crazy bingeing and mad eating I do!!

Going to come on here when I feel like I'm go mad on the eating and read /post!! Any tips or ideas to get me motivated and away from biccies, bread and crap in general would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Gally05 wrote: »
    some one asked yesterday about bread rolls i think

cuisine de france demi baguette 120g pp8

Scoop out the doughy middle and it's only 7....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

Hey, Can anyone please tell me how many points in batchelors chicken super noodles? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

ghartley wrote: »
    Hey, Can anyone please tell me how many points in batchelors chicken super noodles? thanks

On ww.co.uk - Batchelors Super Noodles, Chicken Flavour 300g - 14pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 libby82

agrif06 wrote: »
    On ww.co.uk - Batchelors Super Noodles,
    Chicken Flavour 300g - 14pp

i didnt realise they were so high in points! my friend told me noodles wr 5!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

libby82 wrote: »
    i didnt realise they were so high in points! my friend told me noodles wr 5!! :eek:

Instant noodles are just not worth the points, they are SOOO high. One pot of Koka noodles was 12 old points, shudder to think what they are in propoints!!

Some noodles that you cook yourself, you know sharwoods and that, that you would use for a stirfry can be 5PP, maybe that is where the confusion was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

any new ww discoveries I HAVE to know about? just throwing together a tesco shop have my usuall stuff,

Natural yoghurt,
    wraps,
    juice,
    Porridge,
    fish cakes,
    cous cous,
    pears,
    soups,
    Brown rice & pasta,
    eggs,

I know fizzy drinks aren't good, not even light ones. but i need something sweet to take the edge off while working at computer this week. Going with Fanta light, cos i'm trying to laying off the diet coke...too much caffine...its buggering up my sleep.

(have lean mince & chicken breasts in freezer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hopefully some one from cork or Dublin might be able to help me just ended up in luigi Malones!! Amazing as ever but can't point anything any idea on there hot wings? Pizza? Sex on beach? Bailys malteesers crunch? I shared the food bit not the drinks !! Think il write off 49 n pray to the ww god for forgiveness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

libby82 wrote: »

I made them out from packet and thought they were 5 too! :eek: Won't be having them again!!

ghartley wrote: »
    I made them out from packet and thought they were 5 too! :eek: Won't be having them again!!

might have been cooked weight you pointed, the difference between cooked and dried can be terrifying :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LittleJohn2011

its understandable there so high - with the amount of additives etc 15pp - thank god i put that packet back of the BBQ flavour :eek: one thing to point out for those of you that dont have time to make soup etc - i tried the Tomato and Basil plastic tub and it totalled 3 pp for half a tub and it was smashing! they have a big range of them - so other soups may be higher but add a rake of Black Pepper and bobs your uncle :D

well week one weigh in completed and down 1 stone - i did hear though that the 1st 3 weeks or so you may lose high then it becomes harder is this true? either way i'll be stickin with it :)

its understandable there so high - with the amount of additives etc 15pp - thank god i put that packet back of the BBQ flavour :eek: one thing to point out for those of you that dont have time to make soup etc - i tried the Tomato and Basil plastic tub and it totalled 3 pp for half a tub and it was smashing! they have a big range of them - so other soups may be higher but add a rake of Black Pepper and bobs your uncle :D

what brand is that soup? I like cream of tomato, and tomato and basil soups. They do fill me up, they warm me up, they stop me snacking as much so I would happily give up points for them :)

I've been so bad last few weeks! going to make the most of the week at home!
    20 - 30 mins walking on treadmill every day. Loads of actual cooking!

I've been working at a stables....and its breaking my heart being around horses and not being able to ride! *kick up the arse* the only thing holding me back is ME! I think I just have to admit it that food is always going to be a battle for me...all i can do is keep trying...:(

there their own brand soups and theyre delish :) - like yourself i prefer them to eating bread etc just to fill me :)
    best thing is look at what you have achieved not what is to go - every bit helps, i have a heap of weight to lose and aint gonna stop till its done - and will keep it off then when i lose it. so much to be gained from it on a personal level in how much self belief it will give me :) keep on truckin

well week one weigh in completed and down 1 stone - i did hear though that the 1st 3 weeks or so you may lose high then it becomes harder is this true? either way i'll be stickin with it :)

Well done, that is BRILLIANT!!! :) The first week is obviously when you lose the most but you should continue good looses for a few weeks. After that, it will be smaller losses. After a few months, you may or may not hit a plateau, then I would advise you to change your foods around completely and change your exercise regime to give you a kick start. :)

So far so good, I think I am getting back on track. Have had a good weekend foodwise, used most of my weeklies on a few vodkas Friday and Saturday. Didnt get any exercise in on Saturday because I was shopping all day :) but walked the legs off myself shopping and today the weather is just miserable.

Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Ok I have a Ridiculously silly question...

I had a big binge weekend... and weighed myself and i am still down on what i was last Wednesday Morning.. how long does it take your body to put on the weight from the food we eat? I dont want to get over excited and think maybe i have gotten away with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Got an iphone Friday and ondering what app to go for for WW. I see a few of ye have iwatchr - any good?
    Downloaded one called iwatchEr and it's ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I like cream of tomato, and tomato and basil soups.

The Avonmore low fat tomato and basil soups are only 1 pp for 200ml!
    well week one weigh in completed and down 1 stone

:eek: WOW that's brilliant a stone in one week!! I can't even do that in a few months. Keep up the good work:)

I had a big binge weekend... and weighed myself and i am still down on what i was last Wednesday Morning.. how long does it take your body to put on the weight from the food we eat? I dont want to get over excited and think maybe i have gotten away with it!!

Sometimes it depends. Normally it takes a few days to show and other times it may not show at all. If you be good between now and Weds and do some exercise then you may still be down on Weds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey all, hope everyone had a good weekend! :) I'm just wondering how cous cous is regarding points? I've heard lots of people talking about it and I'd like to try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey all, hope everyone had a good weekend! :) I'm just wondering how cous cous is regarding points? I've heard lots of people talking about it and I'd like to try it?

cous cous cooked 75g 2pp
    cous cous dried 60g 6pp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Caros wrote: »
    Got an iphone Friday and ondering what app to go for for WW. I see a few of ye have iwatchr - any good?
    Downloaded one called iwatchEr and it's ****e!

I downloaded both and iWatchr is much better. I use it all the time. It's the only tracker I use. Has a pp calculator and an AP calculator. I find it a godsend!

agrif06 wrote: »
    cous cous cooked 75g 2pp
    cous cous dried 60g 6pp

it is worth trying. it's VERY filling :D and always handy to have as an instant meal in the press. lovely in salad :D

Oh sweet Jesus....Halloween has been evil :O I feel so sick and bloated now!
    blaaaah didnt even eat that much but it was all the wrong stuff!

Top it all off mum took me out for indian or lunch!

But you know what i think it was the "final send off" for the crappy eating last few weeks!

Just ordered a pair of riding boots! First step to getting back in the saddle. Alarm set for the morning! I have chicken out deforsting for dinner and lunch :) Making double lunch tomorrow so it'll do me for two days.

Like the level of crappiness i'm feeling now....just proves how junk food just SO isn't worth it...yeah it was delicious and nice to chill out with some treats and be "Bold"

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Wi in the morning... 1 and a half pounds left to goal.. Was good ish!!! Have 16 weeklies left! Or had but I've just eaten 2 darn refresher bars!!!!! Arghhhhhh ..I hate trick or treat time!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The rain put some of the kids that normally call to the door off so we have some sweets left in the bowl. I haven't had anything so far, think I'm going to ask my husband to hide it. There are love hearts in there and I can't point them (no info on the pack). I looovvee sherbet.

I decided this week that I would make sure to eat at least my 29 every day. The last 4 weeks I had some days where I was 4-5 points below that. It seems to be working but I'm not counting my chickens until Wednesday. I'm also concentrating on not letting myself get hungry.

• Advertisement

watching discovery real time, FREAKY EATERS US.

Its about a woman who uses sugar and junk as a crutch...that she's crippling lonely and shy. She doesn't know how to socialise anymore and uses sugar to cheer her self up, and thinks if she's seen eating sugar and making cookies for everyone ppl wont know how sad she is.

wow its scary how much im relating to it :(

for those of you with the I phone i downloaded an App called I MAP MY WALK it tracks the exact route you have taken, how steep etc, you can connect it to your itunes and as you walk faster - faster tunes come on . and it was free too :)

for those of you with the I phone i downloaded an App called I MAP MY WALK it tracks the exact route you have taken, how steep etc, you can connect it to your itunes and as you walk faster - faster tunes come on . and it was free too :)

All these cool apps reaaallly make me want a smartphone/Iphone :(

I love that app, you can use I map my fitness to monitor walks runs cycles and if you want to share you can upload it to facebook.. If you get demotivated they email you from time to time too... It's like my own personal trainer...

Monife wrote: »

All these cool apps reaaallly make me want a smartphone/Iphone :(

My iPhone has been my weightloss buddy, the iwatcher app, imap my fitness, couch to 5k!! All brilliant.. I don't think I would have tracked everyday without it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Was away 4the weekend from fri till sun, there was a bit of drama over the weekend and from the stress of it all it actually helped me food wise, granted i didnt make great choices, but i just didnt really feel like eating as much as i normally would when im away and had a little sneaky peak on the scales this morn (got a new 1 yesterday and couldnt wait 2stand up on it!!!how sad am i!!!) but anywho it says im down almost 2lb!!!woopwoop

Being halloween yesterday i ment 2post this yesterday as i was makin it but got distracted.....i made the most gourge soup.....thai green curry and pumpkin soup!!! Used 1medium pumpkin,2onions and 2tbsp of thai green curry paste which is 1pp per tbsp. Let them saute 4a few mins then covered with water and left to simmer and then blitz!!the smell was amazin waftin thro the house and i got an absolutly huge ammount,more than double the quantity i would normally make so stil reckon its 0pp as the curry paste was so diluted in such a large quantity! I cant wait 2 tuck in2 a bowl 4my lunch!!!

So far i've had a crazy busy day :) but also a crazy good day food wise :D
    :D Just ordered pair of riding boots :) woot! all i need now is get the nerve to ask my aunt if I can ride one of the horses...she's a very judgemental condisending person when it comes to my weight loss (or lack there of) so its going to take alot for me to ask.

I need something to get me out of the house! Fresh air! even if its freezing cold fresh air LOL.

Right....off for a much needed shower! I smell of wet dog (from grooming) and olbas oil (from the kitten)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fresh Face

Hi all, mind if I join you here. I should be at my 3rd meeting now but had such a bad weekend with all the halloween stuff that I can't face it. Haven't really got into this time (I'm a serial WW!). Started afresh this morning and started the C25K too so hoping the combination will work for me this time. Looking forward to chatting, it seems like a very supportive group :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Fresh Face wrote: »
    Hi all, mind if I join you here. I should be at my 3rd meeting now but had such a bad weekend with all the halloween stuff that I can't face it. Haven't really got into this time (I'm a serial WW!). Started afresh this morning and started the C25K too so hoping the combination will work for me this time. Looking forward to chatting, it seems like a very supportive group :)

Hi, even if you have bad week you should still try to go to your meeting, as i find great motivation from them and really need them, if you did bad you can always work on it for next week - but you never know, it mite not be as bad as you think.

what is the C25K?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Was in aldi 2day, they had oven bags( smaller versions of turkey bags) 10in a pack for 99c. They are ideal 4 creating your own version of the knorr season and shake things!! Wev just roasted a whole chicken in 1and it looks soo lovely and juicy....yum yum

Oh my god!!!! I only went and lost a half pound today!!!! That leaves me with 1 pound to goal.... On the plus side it's my first stone off:) I don't think I ever stuck with it long enough to earn 2 silver 7's before:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fresh Face

I know you're right about the meeting messers.
    C25K is the couch to 5km running program.
    If I can work the two together I'll be very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Danii86 wrote: »
    Was in aldi 2day, they had oven bags( smaller versions of turkey bags) 10in a pack for 99c. They are ideal 4 creating your own version of the knorr season and shake things!! Wev just roasted a whole chicken in 1and it looks soo lovely and juicy....yum yum
    ............got them,thought they were a great idea!! u could bung veg,chicken in and cook all together!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Went to Wi last night and was up 3 pounds :(
    the previous week I was down 2.5 pounds

I got to my goal a while ago but i keep going up and down and haven't reached it since. Ideally I want to be 7 pounds lighter than my goal so I am getting frustrated.

The first stone came off so easy, finding it difficult to get past that

But I am going to focus on the good stuff, I am getting my gold card next week and have lost 16 pounds so far. Need to keep thinking of that.
    I made a load of that Butternut squash and red pepper soup last night so am hoping that will help and plan on going walking at least 4 days out of 7.

Has anyone any other suggestions to help motivate me?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Went to Wi last night and was up 3 pounds :(
    the previous week I was down 2.5 pounds

I got to my goal a while ago but i keep going up and down and haven't reached it since. Ideally I want to be 7 pounds lighter than my goal so I am getting frustrated.

The first stone came off so easy, finding it difficult to get past that

But I am going to focus on the good stuff, I am getting my gold card next week and have lost 16 pounds so far. Need to keep thinking of that.
    I made a load of that Butternut squash and red pepper soup last night so am hoping that will help and plan on going walking at least 4 days out of 7.

Has anyone any other suggestions to help motivate me?

Get an old picture of yourself pre WW and your WW card (the one you write your weight on) and stick it on your fridge.....always works for me. Sometimes you just need to have a good chat with yourself as well and remind yourself why you started on a WW journey and how far you have come. Even writing a list of what you want to achieve or what you have achieved so far! Sometimes you need to give yourself a pat on the back! Remind yourself that it s only you that can do it and if you just stop bothering you can easily undo all the hard work you put in and go right back to where you started and that just aint worth it!

I feel like a preacher after that :) I really should listen to myself sometimes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement