Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Has anyone any ideas wat I could have for breakfast at a meeting in a restaurant where fruit/cereal isn't an option?? Thanks guys ;)

If it's a hot breakfast go for eggs?? Poached if you can. Only one slice bread/toast. Pile up on tomato and mushrooms 0pp stuff? If it's pastry/coffee scenario I would say a scone. If you can judge by the size of it (50g is 4 or 5pp and thats not alot) it's probably best pastry type option/ Then have some fruit in your bag or something for later to fill up. If its a meeting sure just do all the talking and it'll stop ya eating :D Hope that helps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Has anyone any ideas wat I could have for breakfast at a meeting in a restaurant where fruit/cereal isn't an option?? Thanks guys ;)

+1 for Eggs! But not scrambled, you can't be sure if they put cream/oil/full fat milk in them. Lots of places will be only too happy to do a boiled egg for you, even if it's not on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

LinK3 wrote: »
    Weigh in in the morning again... 1 pound from goal:) my leader laughs when she sees me coming now.. The last few weeks I've been creeping down by half pounds every week. Ideally I'll hit goal tomorrow..I've 24 weeklies left and I won't use them but I've been away this weekend and whereas I made good choices some things were out of my control dinner wise. If I don't hit target I'll hopefully go down another half pound, just not up!!!!! Please please god not up!!! I'll even cope with an sts:(
    Why do I feel so guilty and afraid of the scales when I didn't even drink this weekend?????

Best of luck for the morning, positive thinking! Hope you get it, how amazing would that feel! Fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    If it's a hot breakfast go for eggs?? Poached if you can. Only one slice bread/toast. Pile up on tomato and mushrooms 0pp stuff? If it's pastry/coffee scenario I would say a scone. If you can judge by the size of it (50g is 4 or 5pp and thats not alot) it's probably best pastry type option/ Then have some fruit in your bag or something for later to fill up. If its a meeting sure just do all the talking and it'll stop ya eating :D Hope that helps??

Thanks pet! Yeah it's a hot breakfast worse case I'll go for beans/scrambled egg(know they don't do poached) don't know why I'm worrying cos I've been bad all week but wi tomorrow so hoping to start as I mean to continue :confused:

+1 for Eggs! But not scrambled, you can't be sure if they put cream/oil/full fat milk in them. Lots of places will be only too happy to do a boiled egg for you, even if it's not on the menu.

Sorry just saw this now, forgot about the full fat milk in the eggs!! Ah the stress of eating out!!!!

Sorry just saw this now, forgot about the full fat milk in the eggs!! Ah the stress of eating out!!!!

Then just beans on toast? One slice of toast and some beans should fill you up grand.... It's usually the thoughts of it thats stressful. You'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Thanks girls.... Yeah the nerves are still there.... I was going to go for a walk after work, but it was 7 before I got in and my kids and husband are great for leaving me stuff to do, and clean :( I always get bloody distracted!! Ah well fingers crossed....

Oh my god.... I stayed the same... Gutted in a way but happy its not up!!! Now that would be really soul destroying!! Jesus it's only a pound I need to shift:( one bloody pound:( please goal.... Be mine next week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kb87

Oh my god.... I stayed the same... Gutted in a way but happy its not up!!! Now that would be really soul destroying!! Jesus it's only a pound I need to shift:( one bloody pound:( please goal.... Be mine next week!!

Hi Link3, I've never posted before but have been following this thread for about 2 months now. Hello everyone!

I logged on this morning to see if you had lost your pound, having seen your previous posts. I no it must be dissappointing but you are putting in so much work that you know that it will eventually come off and hopefully the harder it is to come off the harder it is to put back on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

This is my first post on this topic! I've been following this thread for the last few weeks and i must say you are all so inspiring and have great ideas. I started the propoints system (at home) a week ago. I lost 0.8kgs (1.8lbs):D. However, i'm not too sure how accurate my scales are. I have about 1 stone to lose so fingers crossed

Keep up the good work :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You can do it!

Look how far you have come. Only one pound heavier than you want to be.

Go out there and kick the week's ass!

Have u measured?? Inches are sometimes better than pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

Heh Guys

Went mad buying butternut squashes last week as was on the soup buzz but over did it on the soup and don't really feel like making it again!

Just chopped up a couple there and have them in a pot and wondering how butternut squash mash works out? Is there anything kinda halfway decent I could add to flavour it. Have some extra light philly in the fridge and wondered would it be ok to add some to it after I mash it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

You are doing fantastic and keep the chin up and next week it will be off! Plenty of water!! I know there are thousands of us out there that wish we were where you are now so best of look you are an inspiration to us all that the plan works xx

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

yolanda wrote: »
    Heh Guys

Went mad buying butternut squashes last week as was on the soup buzz but over did it on the soup and don't really feel like making it again!

Just chopped up a couple there and have them in a pot and wondering how butternut squash mash works out? Is there anything kinda halfway decent I could add to flavour it. Have some extra light philly in the fridge and wondered would it be ok to add some to it after I mash it?

Take them out of the pot, sprinkle them with Cajun spice and roast for about 30mins (depends on your oven/taste). I love them :p

Ah guys:) thank ye all so much, ye've been great support... I have to say I left that meeting this morning with a renewed sense of vigour! I will do this! I've been cooking since 3, chorizo and chick pea stew, gnocchi and mozzarella bake, (all recipes from this thread) and I've just had a small steak, potatoe, mushrooms and onions. I've decided to up my protein intake so hence the steak, I'm not a big meat eater, and I hate hate hate tuna, but I've mixed up a pasta tuna concoction for my lunchbox tomorrow.. The leader says your body works extra hard to burn protein off leading to better weightloss so we'll see.. I'm looking forward to this week and am going to treat it like my first one....Again, thanks everyone...this thread has been my inspiration:)

Have u measured?? Inches are sometimes better than pounds

Did the inches thing a couple of weeks ago:) yes a definite difference....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LittleJohn2011

Hey Folks week one - lost a stone down from 24 to 23 stone - last sat weight stayed the same :( which was my second week - was a little down as i had walked everywhere :( still not giving up though and will be going back this saturday again - question though i am finding it difficult as i work shift etc - week nights/days etc - its awkward timing your meals etc as im on 12hrs - any tips or suggestions of what too eat/stay away from my points is 69! even on days nights should i use them all? all help welcomed :{

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this morn.....down 1.5!! Happy days!! I must say after a rocky start, I'm really after getting in to it and down 8lb in 5weeks!! :)

• Advertisement

Hey Folks week one - lost a stone down from 24 to 23 stone - last sat weight stayed the same :( which was my second week - was a little down as i had walked everywhere :( still not giving up though and will be going back this saturday again - question though i am finding it difficult as i work shift etc - week nights/days etc - its awkward timing your meals etc as im on 12hrs - any tips or suggestions of what too eat/stay away from my points is 69! even on days nights should i use them all? all help welcomed :{

Hey Little John don't be too dissapointed. I would say your body is adjusting to the new food/exercise and pro points system etc. To lose a stone in the first week regardless of what you have to lose is alot. So to have a STS is ok. It evens itself out. Regarding the shift work I wouldn't be too sure as I'm a nine to fiver but if it was me I would attempt to have my three square meals and two snacks. Just alter it into your shift night or day. So meal before your 12h, snack 3 hour in, meal at 6h mark, snack at 9h and meal when your done? Would that stretch it out enough. Is it canteen based or can you bring your meals with you?? Nothing beats bringing your own at least you know whats in it.

I don't know if I'll be down this evening. I ate out 3 times this week but was good overall. My home scales has me down a little but I ate almost all of my 49 weeklies this week. I would love to be down a half pound as that will be 5% of my body weight gone. We'll see.

Also I don't feel well this morning, kind of have an oppressive feeling in my head and stomach. Whatever that's all about. :P

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll be down this evening. I ate out 3 times this week but was good overall. My home scales has me down a little but I ate almost all of my 49 weeklies this week. I would love to be down a half pound as that will be 5% of my body weight gone. We'll see.

Also I don't feel well this morning, kind of have an oppressive feeling in my head and stomach. Whatever that's all about. :P

You might just be nervous about this evenings weigh in.. I know I always feel like crap on the weigh in day, but if you've been good don't worry. Your hard work will pay off! Good luck today.. Why not have a cup of fruit tea, I love the Barry's brand, very berry.. It has a lovely sweet taste and is good for you.. A few cups of that a day always makes me feel like I'm doing great and have this under control..As well as upping my water intake!!
    Now if I could just leave these sweets alone (I work in a sweetshop) I'd be doing great.. But I've vowed to myself that I will have a sweet free week, less coffee more herbal tea, and keep on pointing!! It's not easy for any of us, we all have our vices, but we can do it....

You might just be nervous about this evenings weigh in.. I know I always feel like crap on the weigh in day, but if you've been good don't worry. Your hard work will pay off! Good luck today.. Why not have a cup of fruit tea, I love the Barry's brand, very berry.. It has a lovely sweet taste and is good for you.. A few cups of that a day always makes me feel like I'm doing great and have this under control..As well as upping my water intake!!
    Now if I could just leave these sweets alone (I work in a sweetshop) I'd be doing great.. But I've vowed to myself that I will have a sweet free week, less coffee more herbal tea, and keep on pointing!! It's not easy for any of us, we all have our vices, but we can do it....

I'm pretty sure it's migraine now. Feeling really odd.

I'm never nervous about weigh in thankfully.

Lost 1lb which brings me to 19 in 12 weeks got my 10%!! very happy with it overall but kinda annoyed that one week I can eat and drink all around me and be down 1,5 and the next stick to Dalits and 5 weeklies and loose less but I spose it's a marathon not a sprint!! Want to loose two this week get my third silver 7!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

oh no way you poor thing having to try avoid the sweets, i couldnt do it!!

after being up 1.5 last week, was really good this week, stayed within my weeklies and didnt use exercise points and actually walked everyday....feel that lil bit lighter and healthier this week so looking forward to rnoight!!

das kitty hope its not a migraine and you feel ok later!!

Oh no:( poor you. I had one on Saturday and nothing seems to work only a darkened room and a big duvet.. Hope you feel better soon..

Oh no:( poor you. I had one on Saturday and nothing seems to work only a darkened room and a big duvet.. Hope you feel better soon..

Well I have some harsh lights and a load of boring documents to review so maybe that's just as good.

Thankfully I don't have the headache at the moment, just a weird feeling. Provided I don't get the confusion and garbled speech I should be alright.

Drinking lots of water. I really hope I'm down this evening. She made such a show of me being down 3 last week "you all want to be like DasKitty now next week everyone!". LOL

oh no way you poor thing having to try avoid the sweets, i couldnt do it!!

after being up 1.5 last week, was really good this week, stayed within my weeklies and didnt use exercise points and actually walked everyday....feel that lil bit lighter and healthier this week so looking forward to rnoight!!

das kitty hope its not a migraine and you feel ok later!![/Quote]

Yep, it's a nuisance alright, 200+ jars of sweets, when my downfall is my sweet tooth!! Not the best career choice ever, but down a stone since February so happy days:)
    Good luck tonight too:)

Yep, it's a nuisance alright, 200+ jars of sweets, when my downfall is my sweet tooth!! Not the best career choice ever, but down a stone since February so happy days:)
    Good luck tonight too:)[/QUOTE]

I always find it really funny when people tell you to visualise something awful like rotten eggs all over the sweets etc and it will put you off. I could visualise road kill on the sweets and it wouldn't stop me :D Do you do the cough sweets, the black ones? There my fav, I'd say there a pp per sweet, what you reckon. Don't think it would be worth it but sometimes you just need a few. We need to change the subject or I'm falling into dangerous territory :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I wish I was like that. I tend to get quite nervous. Like its getting a result from a test that I know I've studied for but you can never quite tell!! I think it's because I've found it so hard to shift anything that every little half pound counts!

You poor thing, can you take anything for the head now as such to stop it kicking off before it starts. I get weird atmospheric/muzzy headaches that usually turn into migraines if I don't get to them in time.

Good luck tonight too:)

I always find it really funny when people tell you to visualise something awful like rotten eggs all over the sweets etc and it will put you off. I could visualise road kill on the sweets and it wouldn't stop me :D Do you do the cough sweets, the black ones? There my fav, I'd say there a pp per sweet, what you reckon. Don't think it would be worth it but sometimes you just need a few. We need to change the subject or I'm falling into dangerous territory :rolleyes:[/Quote]

We do those sweets yes!! I used to love them but now there's so much more choice I'm hard pressed to get them.. I haven't a clue how to point the sweets though but when I'd overindulge I give them 10 pps.. Who was I kidding eh???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So,

It's been a good while since I posted here, ...

I had gotten from 17st3 to 13st10.75 in 36 weeks, but in the last 5-6 weeks I went up to 13st 13.75 and am only slowly working my way back down(STS or .5lb a week). Technically, in the last 10 weeks I've only lost 6lbs.

Im hoping to get to 12st - 12st6 but loosing is getting more difficult. I stick to my points religiously, I walk a few miles 5 out of 7 days, go for the odd run/cycle.

Any tips?

I've cut out bread(apart from the odd slice of soda bread), I drink 2-3ltr water daily, eat lots of fruit and veg, have properly weighted portions, no chocolate at all(off it now for +2yrs as a bet), I add no extra salt to my food, I eat no sweets/crips. My daily treat would be merengue and a low fat custard dessert(totalling 4PP). I dont drink (alcohol - as if that needs to be specified, in ireland 'you drink' or 'you dont drink' but everybody knows its about alcohol), I dont do soft drinks either, ...

Heh Guys

Just made such a tasty and filling lunch. Got it from the Philadelphia website and it comes in at 7pp. (Please correct me if I'm wrong as I added in an extra pp for the face the potato was half baked)

1 sweet potato (150g) 4pp
    4 / 5 cherry tomatoes
    1 teaspoon of extra light philadelphia 1pp
    2 bacon mediallions 1pp

Prick the sweet potato and pop in microwave for 5 mins on a high heat. Pop into oven for remainder of cooking at 200degrees. Should be cooked through in 15mins.
    While potato is cooking, grill bacon medallions and finely chop cherry tomatoes. Once potato is cooked, scoop out inside and mix in philadelphia, tomatoes, bacon. Pop back under grill until golden brown and pile high a big salad on the side.

Was soooo tasty!
    Weigh in, in the morn and have that kinda nervous feeling as haven't drank as much this week and have used all my weeklies!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So,

I had gotten from 17st3 to 13st10.75 in 36 weeks, but in the last 5-6 weeks I went up to 13st 13.75 and am only slowly working my way back down(STS or .5lb a week). Technically, in the last 10 weeks I've only lost 6lbs.

Im hoping to get to 12st - 12st6 but loosing is getting more difficult. I stick to my points religiously, I walk a few miles 5 out of 7 days, go for the odd run/cycle.

Any tips?

I've cut out bread(apart from the odd slice of soda bread), I drink 2-3ltr water daily, eat lots of fruit and veg, have properly weighted portions, no chocolate at all(off it now for +2yrs as a bet), I add no extra salt to my food, I eat no sweets/crips. My daily treat would be merengue and a low fat custard dessert(totalling 4PP). I dont drink (alcohol - as if that needs to be specified, in ireland 'you drink' or 'you dont drink' but everybody knows its about alcohol), I dont do soft drinks either, ...

Do you vary your foods at all? I always stuck to the same breakfast, same lunch, and more or less the same dinner. Once I varied it up a bit the weight came off a bit quicker.

Also I do the walking too but find that if I did a couple of high intensity work outs I'd lose a bit more that week too compared to the "just walking" weeks.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Yolanda that sounds like a gorgeous lunch. Why did you add on the extra point. If the raw weight of a potato is 150g then it's 3pp no matter what way you cook it then after. That's how I always look at it. Also sweet potato's are great as a dessert.....it sounds so odd but a sweet potato baked cut in half drizzled with some honey and natural yoghurt is devine!

It does sound gorgeous, I wonder if I swapped it around a bit, I have the tesco extra light cream cheese, and the aldi bacon bits!!!! Oh god I'm starving, home time in 15 mins:) and I'm almost through my first completely sweet free day!!! Yay me:)

Yolanda that sounds like a gorgeous lunch. Why did you add on the extra point. If the raw weight of a potato is 150g then it's 3pp no matter what way you cook it then after. That's how I always look at it. Also sweet potato's are great as a dessert.....it sounds so odd but a sweet potato baked cut in half drizzled with some honey and natural yoghurt is devine!

mmmmm an interesting dessert to say the least! Trying to steer away from desserts for a few days as didn't stir away from them whatsoever at the weekend!

I added the extra point coz I remember reading somewhere in one of my books that the density of potatoes changes once you bake them and the points value increases. I could be wrong though.
    It was dead tasty and sooo quick!
    LinK3It does sound gorgeous, I wonder if I swapped it around a bit, I have the tesco extra light cream cheese, and the aldi bacon bits!!!! Oh god I'm starving, home time in 15 minssmile.gif and I'm almost through my first completely sweet free day!!! Yay mesmile.gif

I don't see why you couldn't use the tesco extra light! Same diff and more than likely easier on the pocket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

So,

Any tips?

Hey GT, you are in the same rut all of us oldies (long term WW-ers) are in. I have put 10lb back on so am only down 2 stone 13lb but I am back on track now and hoping for a good loss this week.

As Yolanda said, you should try varying your meals completely. What I noticed the few times you posted your tracker, is that a lot of your meals are quite repetitive (don't know if they still are, just assuming).

If you are having cereal for breakfast, try changing it to fruit salad and yoghurt or scrambled egg (WW style)/boiled egg/fried egg on wholemeal toast. Or if you have time, a WW friendly grill (mushrooms, tomato, eggs). For lunch, if you are always having salads, try a mini portion of dinner or a wrap with protein and salad or incorporate some pasta and different type of protein into your salad. For dinner, if you are always having potatoes, try switching to brown rice for a few meals, try a few meals with no carbs at all just loads of veg and maybe try kicking things up a notch with spices if you like spicy food (I heard somewhere spicy food is great for kick starting the metabolism).

The same goes for exercise, if you are always cycling, try a mixture of walking and jogging or go for a swim. Hope you get out of your rut :)

Stayed the same. Could be worse I suppose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Eabhabear wrote: »
    My digital scales are about 3lbs off which has never happened before.
    Change the batteries

Stayed the same. Could be worse I suppose!
    That's my thinking too... I hate sts but hate hearing you're up one more:)
    Stick with it!! Have you far to go or is that too personal?

Not personal to me!

I'm 11.7and a half at WW (11 4 on my scale at home in the morning without clothes) and my WW goal is 10.5. So just over a stone.

I'll definitely be sticking with it. I can't wait to start buying size 12 clothes next year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

So,

Any tips?

Unfortunaly, I've no tips but just wanted to say well done you! I'm in exactly the same boat. I've lost 9st.5lb and put on 1st 7lb and I just can't
    seem to get it off again.
    Like you, I don't eat bread, I drink my water, have lots of fruit and veg, weigh everything and I don't drink (although I do have the odd bit of chocolate).
    I do Zumba twice a week, line dancing once a week and Ballroom room dancing once a week and on the other three days of the week I'm a working mother of 3 with a house to keep going. But I'm stuck! :(

Not personal to me!

I'm 11.7and a half at WW (11 4 on my scale at home in the morning without clothes) and my WW goal is 10.5. So just over a stone.

I'll definitely be sticking with it. I can't wait to start buying size 12 clothes next year. :)

You know you won't feel it and it will be gone, or almost like me.. I started at 11 5, now 10 5... There were a few months when I thought jeez I'll never see the 10's or I'll never get past 10 11 but if you keep putting mini goals for yourself you'll get there.. I was stuck a few times but never missed a meeting and stayed everytime.. I weighed myself this morning too and saw 10 3!!!! Fingers crossed it'll stay like that for Tuesday morning!! I only need to be 10 4 for GOAL;) I have a healing crystal in my pocket, my friend gave me some last year when I was sick so I picked a pretty one and keep it there to remind me I've lost that stone:) its great for keeping me from the sweets....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Monife wrote: »
    Hey GT, you are in the same rut all of us oldies (long term WW-ers) are in. I have put 10lb back on so am only down 2 stone 13lb but I am back on track now and hoping for a good loss this week.

As Yolanda said, you should try varying your meals completely. What I noticed the few times you posted your tracker, is that a lot of your meals are quite repetitive (don't know if they still are, just assuming).

If you are having cereal for breakfast, try changing it to fruit salad and yoghurt or scrambled egg (WW style)/boiled egg/fried egg on wholemeal toast. Or if you have time, a WW friendly grill (mushrooms, tomato, eggs). For lunch, if you are always having salads, try a mini portion of dinner or a wrap with protein and salad or incorporate some pasta and different type of protein into your salad. For dinner, if you are always having potatoes, try switching to brown rice for a few meals, try a few meals with no carbs at all just loads of veg and maybe try kicking things up a notch with spices if you like spicy food (I heard somewhere spicy food is great for kick starting the metabolism).

The same goes for exercise, if you are always cycling, try a mixture of walking and jogging or go for a swim. Hope you get out of your rut :)
    fionas046 wrote: »
    Unfortunaly, I've no tips but just wanted to say well done you! I'm in exactly the same boat. I've lost 9st.5lb and put on 1st 7lb and I just can't
    seem to get it off again.
    Like you, I don't eat bread, I drink my water, have lots of fruit and veg, weigh everything and I don't drink (although I do have the odd bit of chocolate).
    I do Zumba twice a week, line dancing once a week and Ballroom room dancing once a week and on the other three days of the week I'm a working mother of 3 with a house to keep going. But I'm stuck! :(

Hi Ladies, well there seems to be a few of us in this situation. I got gold membership in ww 17 years ago and managed to keep the weight off for six years when I got pregnant on my first child. Had my second child in 2002. I put on three stone with each pregnancy and managed to loose it all with the exception of the last half stone. Over the last ten years I put up a bit, lost a bit etc. but always got down to halving a half stone over my ideal weight. My diet would be as both of you described, dont drink alcohol etc. etc. I knew the old points system off by heart. Half stone may not sound bad to some people but it would make a huge difference to me. I am quite small on top but carry my weight on my thighs - the half stone is the difference in fitting into my dream jeans! I rejoined ww because I wanted to find out about the new system. I am 5lb away from goal but have been up 1, down 1 etc. for the last six weeks - same old story cant shift the last few pounds. I told my leader last night about my history and she said the same as what the other ladies have said. I am still doing and eating the same as I have had for the last ten years and need to start stirring it up. I have been eating the same breakfast, similar lunches and similar dinners. I am doing the same walk etc. etc. I wouldnt dream of having scrambled egg for breakfast (always a cereal/porridge) but often for lunch!! This week I am going to try and mix the whole thing up - today I brought enough food for lunch which would normally be my points for evening dinner and going to have lighter meal this evening. Sorry for the long read, really frustrated as I thought by rejoining ww would mean that it would just drop off me but I really really need to start tricking my body into kick start mode. Heres to a good week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Not personal to me!

You're very similar to me, my goal is 10st 5 too! I started at 13st 11.5 and I was down to 10st 13.5 a few weeks ago, but the last few weeks have been really bad so I'm at 11st 6 at the moment. Determined to have that off in the next few weeks (it went on fast so it should come off fast) and then hopefully will get to goal in the new year.

I got to size 12 a few months back and am determined not to go up again!!!

:D

yolanda wrote: »
    I added the extra point coz I remember reading somewhere in one of my books that the density of potatoes changes once you bake them and the points value increases. I could be wrong though.
    It was dead tasty and sooo quick!

I think the general rule is always weigh it raw and 50g will always be = 1pp

The thing about baking the potato is if you start with a huge potato when you bake it the water evaporates and therefore the potato is lighter. So always point raw and the only thing to add extras for is what ever you add to it!

I point everything from raw weights so i Know for sure how many pp i'm eating if you know before it goes in the oven it will be the same when it comes out! hope this helps :)

dammitj wrote: »
    You're very similar to me, my goal is 10st 5 too! I started at 13st 11.5 and I was down to 10st 13.5 a few weeks ago, but the last few weeks have been really bad so I'm at 11st 6 at the moment. Determined to have that off in the next few weeks (it went on fast so it should come off fast) and then hopefully will get to goal in the new year.

I got to size 12 a few months back and am determined not to go up again!!!

:D

I started at 13st 11lb same goals as you! I'm at 12st 6lb at the moment so quite a bit to go! I am in size twelve dresses but still a 14 in jeans i'm shrinking on top not on the bottom :P Hoping for goal by Feb! But going on Hols to Lanzarote the 11th to 18th of December then Christmas.. New Years... and my birthday! I reckon I might get through Hols on pro point but not sure bout Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

So iv been back at this for 4 weeks now...
    week one -3 week two sts week 3 -1.5 week 4 sts! and im really annoyed about it! i just feel like the work im doing should merit more weight loss :mad: or am i being too down on myself? i weigh 14.5 at the moment and in size 14 clothes! i jog 3-4 times a week at 35 mins each time... some weeks have a few drinks on a sat night but other than that dont really use my weeklys! ALSO im going to the states in two weeks for two weeks so im determind to get to that 7 pound mark...but how am i going to keep the weight off in the states where the portions are rediculous :( anyone any tips!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement