Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can get gnocchi? I have tried Aldi, Dunnes etc.? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can get gnocchi? I have tried Aldi, Dunnes etc.? thanks

Hi, I got mine in Tesco, near the pasta sauces, for 89c I think.. Great value as I get two dinners from it...

Has anyone got a calculator to point this for me.. I use iwatcher but I never used the calories/fat/carb formula and I don't know if it's right...
    I'm being excellent this week, I've 7 points left today and I want a sweet treat for after dinner... I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out:)

Chocolate Bar (Aldi Diggers Chocolate Covered Digestive Bar)
    Serving Size: 1 Bar, Calories: 98, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 1.1g

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

LinK3 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a calculator to point this for me.. I use iwatcher but I never used the calories/fat/carb formula and I don't know if it's right...
    I'm being excellent this week, I've 7 points left today and I want a sweet treat for after dinner... I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out:)

There must be carbs in a digestive surely?

Das Kitty wrote: »

There must be carbs in a digestive surely?

That's the info I got on the web:( damn I knew I shouldn't have thrown away the packaging!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

0 carbs?! Weird! It's coming up as 1pp with that info.

Down 1.5 tonight, delighted, only another 4.5 to go until my 5th silver seven, really hoping to get it before Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I have almost mastered looking at the calories of products and getting the PP right, and I would guestimate that as 3PP. What I have noticed is around 40 calories is 1PP. Although the NI could possibly change it but it is usually spot on :)

Down 2lb at WI tonight :D Absolutely delighted!! Onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi everyone! So I was doing quite well on WW and I lost 5 lbs but for some reason everytime I weigh myself this week I'm back up about 4 lbs! I think the reason is that my period is due so I always get ravenous around that time!!

I was thiniking of buying a WW cookbook so as to have more variety with meals. Would ye recommend buying one or are they rubbish?

Thank you girls, might just put it down as 2pp and check the pack next time I'm shopping... The no carbs bit is scaring me:) Well done on all the losses tonight too.. Ye all seem to be getting on really well with the Christmas challenge....

• Advertisement

Thank you girls, might just put it down as 2pp and check the pack next time I'm shopping... The no carbs bit is scaring me:) Well done on all the losses tonight too.. Ye all seem to be getting on really well with the Christmas challenge....

I'm doing my shopping in Aldi in the morning, I'll check the pack for you in the shop, I don't go inside the door without my calculator now!

@Leahyl - I haven't got any of the cookbooks but to be honest there's a world of recipes available on the weightwatchers UK site, and the Irish one has improved an awful lot.

Ooh, forgot to say earlier, WW FESTIVE SPECIAL IN THE RTE GUIDE NEXT WEEK :)

I'm doing my shopping in Aldi in the morning, I'll check the pack for you in the shop, I don't go inside the door without my calculator now!

@Leahyl - I haven't got any of the cookbooks but to be honest there's a world of recipes available on the weightwatchers UK site, and the Irish one has improved an awful lot.

Ooh, forgot to say earlier, WW FESTIVE SPECIAL IN THE RTE GUIDE NEXT WEEK :)

Thank you Shanna, you're very good:) and I'll get the guide next week too...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Down a pound this week....so im a happy camper! 2.5 to get back to gold but want to pass that and lose another 7 by new year...... Pray for me as my body seems to wanna hang onto them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Elliex wrote: »
    So iv been back at this for 4 weeks now...
    week one -3 week two sts week 3 -1.5 week 4 sts! and im really annoyed about it! i just feel like the work im doing should merit more weight loss :mad: or am i being too down on myself? i weigh 14.5 at the moment and in size 14 clothes! i jog 3-4 times a week at 35 mins each time... some weeks have a few drinks on a sat night but other than that dont really use my weeklys! ALSO im going to the states in two weeks for two weeks so im determind to get to that 7 pound mark...but how am i going to keep the weight off in the states where the portions are rediculous :( anyone any tips!

I travel to the states a good bit with work and I actually find it easier to be good there than I do here.
    They have healthy options pretty much everywhere you go. Even the work canteens have a healthy section and you can get lots of low fat/low carb food - the americans seem to like high protein no carbs so you can go with that and it will help!
    I know the portions can be big but stick to the healthier eateries and you should be fine. I like Chilli's - they do great prawns.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I started at 13st 11lb same goals as you! I'm at 12st 6lb at the moment so quite a bit to go! I am in size twelve dresses but still a 14 in jeans i'm shrinking on top not on the bottom :P Hoping for goal by Feb! But going on Hols to Lanzarote the 11th to 18th of December then Christmas.. New Years... and my birthday! I reckon I might get through Hols on pro point but not sure bout Christmas!

Christmas is tough!

I think our leader said last year to expect to put on about 5lb. I gained 3lb last year and lost it again a couple of weeks in to January so that wasn't so bad!
    I tried to stay away from the copious amounts of Roses & ate my dinners and desserts but didn't make a total pig of myself. Still felt like I had a great pig out at Christmas though! :D

I'm annoyed with myself for gaining 6lb in the last month or so. I was away with work for a week (dinner out every night) and had a week off so the same there - but am hoping I'll be able to get these 6lb off by Christmas - at least it will give me a good base to shift my last half stone in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Having a drink is tough!! I had a couple of glasses of wine last night and because my defences were down I didn't give a monkys and ate rings around me :( Looks like I still don't have that under control. So I'm wondering did I use it as an excuse to let myself have whatever? Anyway, serious chat been had with myself this morning, feeling a little ill to the tummy after the shenanigans. And almost didn't write in my tracker after breakfast which could have kick started a bad day but I have to try draw a line under it! Anyone any advice on how to avoid this pitfall.

I'm loving the fact that it's the weekend. Even the rain outside isn't dampning my spirits!

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Having a drink is tough!! I had a couple of glasses of wine last night and because my defences were down I didn't give a monkys and ate rings around me :( Looks like I still don't have that under control. So I'm wondering did I use it as an excuse to let myself have whatever? Anyway, serious chat been had with myself this morning, feeling a little ill to the tummy after the shenanigans. And almost didn't write in my tracker after breakfast which could have kick started a bad day but I have to try draw a line under it! Anyone any advice on how to avoid this pitfall.

I'm loving the fact that it's the weekend. Even the rain outside isn't dampning my spirits!

I also make sure I have low PP treats to go with my vodka's (my all time fave was cashew nuts but I swapped them for prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks). I make sure I have my dinner before I start drinking. I would have 4 drinks and 2 packets of snack-a-jacks on a friday and a saturday at home with my OH. That's 17PP each night but if I am trying to be extra good (like today) I am having a spicy chicken salad for dinner (4PP) so I don't have to use much of my weeklies.

For breakfast on the weekends, I always have 2 slices of toast, a fried egg with 1tsp oil (low cal spray just does not make the egg the same) and 1/2 a tin of beans. It's 13PP but it is breakfast/lunch (as I eat it at around 12/1pm and you really feel like you are having a weekend fry treat. I don't like grilled tomatoes or mushrooms but perhaps you could have that with an egg and bacon medallions (if you like it) to fix the bold craving you get the next morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

if i'm having a glass of wine(ie bottle:D) i make sure to have frozen grapes in my freezer,,takes aaages to eat and have tesco breadsticks and butternut squash done in acti fry so NO excuses for me:)

Thank you Shanna, you're very good:) and I'll get the guide next week too...

Link, they didn't have the Digger bars in my branch of Aldi, but they had ones called Jacko that sounded much the same - chocolate covered digestive bars. Pointed them and they were 3pp each x
    MaggieMay2 wrote: »

That's my downfall sometimes too. Being honest? I find it easier to stay away from the drink altogether. Last weekend I got a big bottle of Diet Coke and one single packet of Walkers Chilli crisps, and that was my treat - and I definitely didn't miss the hangover! If you're drinking at home (like I do), then I find it handy to do a stir-fry or WW curry during the day, then stick half of it in the fridge for later on when you get the munchies. Whatever happens - remember this, one binge is NOT going to ruin your entire week. I let it ruin a couple of weeks for me and I was kicking myself. You ate it, you enjoyed it, forget about it. If you are carrying any kind of guilt then this plan won't work at all - nobody can be an angel 100% of the time, we're all human, but put the past behind you when you wake up in the morning and have a good day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hello all, haven't been on in ages still sticking to the plan though!

Got the new ww mag yesterday its not bad, good recipes I am going to give a try!

Christmas you know I'm so hoping I can avoid going mad and keep some what on track!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

cully and sully chilli con carne pot only 8 points , stick in a load of no points veg and its a great low point dinner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

dammitj wrote: »
    I travel to the states a good bit with work and I actually find it easier to be good there than I do here.
    They have healthy options pretty much everywhere you go. Even the work canteens have a healthy section and you can get lots of low fat/low carb food - the americans seem to like high protein no carbs so you can go with that and it will help!
    I know the portions can be big but stick to the healthier eateries and you should be fine. I like Chilli's - they do great prawns.

Yeah i looovvee Chillis the salads are amazing! yeah i suppose they are mad for no carbs bla bla bla in the states but its trying to resist the good options over the bad yummy options :D mind over matter i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kb87

Hi All!

Its Friday, Yay :)

Had my weigh in at lunch and down half a pound. I am happy to be down but of course would have prefered to be 1 or 2. I thought i put in a lot of effort this week (excerise and eating). I had a big loss the previous week (4lb) so I am thinking that may have something to do with it. I am determined to lose a pound next week. If I lose 1lb every weigh in till Christmas that will be a stone in total. Happy Days :)

If anyone likes falafels, I got some the other day in Superquin. About 12 in a clear pack. And they work out a point each. Just pop them in the oven for a filling snack.

Saw this today and it made me smile, sorry if it's been posted before:
    When you've eaten too much, and you can't write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town,
    When you want to give up just because you gave in,
    And forget all about being healthy and thin,
    So what! You went over your points a bit,
    It's your next move that counts....
    So DON'T YOU QUIT!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It's telling yourself "You've done great up 'til now.
    You can take on this challenge and win it somehow."
    It's part of your journey towards reaching your goal,
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race.
    But, often, the strugglers, when losing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late, when the damage is done,
    That the race wasn't over - they still could have won!
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
    But facing each challenge will help you to grow.
    Success is a failure turned inside out,
    The silver lining in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink,
    Just refuse to submit,
    If you bite it, you write it...
    But DON'T YOU QUIT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Someone who shall remain nameless at 16pp of bread yesterday and was back in size 16 jeans today Any niricle cure for the weekend or advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Got this in the post from my ww at home lady today, thought it was so true!!

One Pound of Fat

Hello!  Do you know me?  If you don't, you should.  I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!  Want to know why?  It's because no one ever wants to lose me!  After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT.  Just ONE POUND.  Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.  So, I just stick around and happily keep you.  Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice... That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight... YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.
    So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound."  (As if that is so terrible.)  For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.  And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you.  HAPPY DAYS!  After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

---author unknown---

Just back from my walk and feel great :D Does anyone else find the more they exercise (I am not talking high intensity stuff though, just walking), the less hungry they feel. It was miserable out yesterday so didnt get out for my walk, and ate more by this time yesterday than I did today (albeit within my pp). Now that I am back walking, I am finding I am not ravenous at all during the day. My meals keep me going and by the time it is time for my next meal, I am just a nice hungry, rather than starving :)

Hi all, just checking in, last Wi as a non gold member hopefully on Tuesday!!! I'm using the power of positive thinking here.. Got up at 6:30am on Friday as usual, got the kids up and ready for school.. Left my house at 7:20 to go open up the shop for the day.. Got there, opened up, got everything ready to start, next thing is here's the other girl standing behind me wondering why I'm in.. She said she was rostered on, I said no sure I did the roster... So in we went to look and who do you think was supposed to be on a day off!!!! ME!! Wouldn't have been so bad but I do the bleeding roster!! Raging... So home I went, what a waste of diesel, and I hit the gym with my mam.. She goes most days, I haven't seen the inside of a gym in years!! Well my lord, I sweated in places I haven't in a long time.. We did an hour and a half after, and I'm going again on Monday!! So u turned my unexpected day off into one that worked for me!! Delighted!!
    Hope it pays off now and I see the back of my stubborn one pound:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

hey i have those in my fridge
    the carbs are 12.0 and fibre is 0.4 all your other details are the same
    it works out at 3 pro points per bar

i use this website to point all my food

http://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html

find it very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

dont know if anyone has ever tried this or suggested this but......i just had a muller light (lemon cheesecake flavour) out of the freezer......OMG YUM!!!!!! it takes ages to est so u really get to enjoy it and its really creamy and totally hits the sweet tooth craving!! and jus 2pp for the tub!!! deee-lish :)

Danii86 wrote: »
    dont know if anyone has ever tried this or suggested this but......i just had a muller light (lemon cheesecake flavour) out of the freezer......OMG YUM!!!!!! it takes ages to est so u really get to enjoy it and its really creamy and totally hits the sweet tooth craving!! and jus 2pp for the tub!!! deee-lish :)

Is it kinda ice creamy? that would be nice.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Is it kinda ice creamy? that would be nice.. :)
    Ya it kinda is alrite.....i actualy couldnt even finish the 1 had last night and was eating it over the space of an hour while on my laptop and watchin tv and it was stil frozen when i stoped eating it!!!

I did it lost 2.5 pounds this week!!!! That's 1.5 under goal now.. I'm 10.2 and a brand new gold member

I did it lost 2.5 pounds this week!!!! That's 1.5 under goal now.. I'm 10.2 and a brand new gold member

Congratulations!

Knew you could kick the week's ass!

Fair play to you!

A sneaky peak has left me thinking i am 1lb up before tomorrows weigh in!! I better not be havnt drank in two weeks so have a mountain of points left over!! am drinking water like there is no tomorrow to try flush my self out! good idea or bad idea?

• Advertisement

Water is always a good idea!

I'm hoping to be down at least 1lb tomorrow. We'll see. I haven't got as much exercise as usual this week.

Congratulations!

Knew you could kick the week's ass!

Fair play to you!
    Thank you.... I am delighted! Have been very good all week and am now spurred on to keep it up.. I want to be a few pounds under so I don't go off the rails for Xmas.. It just goes to show how many times I was kidding myself that I'd allocated enough points to cover my sweet treats... One week completely sweet free, and I'm down 2.5 pounds!!! Can't wait to go home now and tackle a few recipes.. I've a butternut squash that I want to turn into soup today.. Just need to find the recipe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Wow, well done! brilliant news!that is pretty much my target weight as well, hope to get there soon :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, im heading back to weightwatchers on thursday after about 2 years away, how much is the first payment now?

hey all, im heading back to weightwatchers on thursday after about 2 years away, how much is the first payment now?

€20

and then 10 weekly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

€20

and then 10 weekly

great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Wihoo!! That is brilliant news. I was actually waiting to find out this week.....you must be chuffed! It's a great feeling (from what I can remember ha ha!)

Huge congratulations, was also wondering how you got on, knew you could do it, great work! You should be so proud of yourself :)

Not had the best week so far but not losing faith, had a little walk today and have a yummy WW curry on for dinner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

congrats!! that is fantastic, am delighted for you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

Well done, you must be so pleased. Great to hear when someone gets a gold card.Its given me a push not to eat rubbish tonight,10.2 is my gold weight. i'll got 9lbs to go so hopefully i will soon be like you and have a lovely gold card.:D

Well done, you must be so pleased. Great to hear when someone gets a gold card.Its given me a push not to eat rubbish tonight,10.2 is my gold weight. i'll got 9lbs to go so hopefully i will soon be like you and have a lovely gold card.:D

You will, sometimes I felt I'd never get there but not once did I think I can't do this, I knew I could, it was just a matter of talking to myself.. I feel great, I love that I've put on clothes I haven't worn for years.... And they look well!!! Nothing beats that, not even a quick fix of chocolate or sweets of whatever it is standing between you and your goal.. As our leader says Nothing tastes as good as looking good feels!!! And she's right of course...
    This is the first Christmas in years I've not dreaded buying something to wear!! I don't intend to let it be the last...
    Just take it day by day, check your inches, draw a graph, nothing motivates like the sight of a graph line heading downwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

thanks just the talk i needed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Madigap

Hey guys! Looking for some advice please...I want to join ww again, have been doing pro points on and off since the summer and I'd like to go to a new class. I've been going to the same leader on and off for a few years and while I really like the leader I think it's time to shake thing up and start afresh! Has anyone any recommendations of classes and more importantly leaders in the Dublin area? I live in Dublin 3/5 and work in Dublin 4 so pass through the city centre most days and I'd love a morning class....sorry for the long post/rant but any and all advice and motivation is greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So,

It's been a good while since I posted here, ...

I had gotten from 17st3 to 13st10.75 in 36 weeks, but in the last 5-6 weeks I went up to 13st 13.75 and am only slowly working my way back down(STS or .5lb a week). Technically, in the last 10 weeks I've only lost 6lbs.

Im hoping to get to 12st - 12st6 but loosing is getting more difficult. I stick to my points religiously, I walk a few miles 5 out of 7 days, go for the odd run/cycle.

Any tips?

I've cut out bread(apart from the odd slice of soda bread), I drink 2-3ltr water daily, eat lots of fruit and veg, have properly weighted portions, no chocolate at all(off it now for +2yrs as a bet), I add no extra salt to my food, I eat no sweets/crips. My daily treat would be merengue and a low fat custard dessert(totalling 4PP). I dont drink (alcohol - as if that needs to be specified, in ireland 'you drink' or 'you dont drink' but everybody knows its about alcohol), I dont do soft drinks either, ...

F&ck Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Down to 13st8 this morning!!!! finally! :cool: 3.75 down on last week!

Thnaks for all the tips lat week guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    F&ck Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Down to 13st8 this morning!!!! finally! :cool: 3.75 down on last week!

Thnaks for all the tips lat week guys

Well done, thats Brill:D Can you let me know what you did different. My eating etc. seems very similar to yours and I have been messing around with 5lbs for the last 8 weeks - up one, down one etc. :confused:Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement