Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OBHOB

Hi guys,
    Was down 2 pounds last night so am now only 2.5 pounds away from goal weight!! What happens when you get to your goal weight, do you have to be able to maintain it for a few weeks before you get your gold card or how does it work?
    Keep up the good losses everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Well done, thats Brill:D Can you let me know what you did different. My eating etc. seems very similar to yours and I have been messing around with 5lbs for the last 8 weeks - up one, down one etc. :confused:Thanks

I up'd my water intake again, from 1.5 ltr to +3ltr
    I used to eat a salad with chicken, prawns, salmon, ham, .... every lunch
    Now I do 1-2 lunches a week different, eg, I had a dinner yesterday at lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Yay! down 1.5 pounds last night. 1 pound to go to my goal but really want to lose another 5 pounds after that so I can enjoy Christmas :-)
    Reached my goal at the end of August and then went up 6.5 pounds after a month of careless eating and holidays. It has taken me 2 months to lose that, been yo-yoing up and down.It was disheartening at first but going to make sure it is another loss next week.

Great weather for walking at the moment so really enjoy it which helps. Plus gonna have my meals planned in advance, easier that way. Fingers crossed I keep going onwards and downwards :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

OBHOB wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Was down 2 pounds last night so am now only 2.5 pounds away from goal weight!! What happens when you get to your goal weight, do you have to be able to maintain it for a few weeks before you get your gold card or how does it work?
    Keep up the good losses everyone!

Well done! Not long to go now.
    You get your gold card 3 weeks after you reach your goal weight, provided you stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight during this time. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey I haven't posted in a while, but have been reading the thread every other day. Congratulations to all those who have lost and to those who haven't good luck for this week.

I myself got back on the horse last week after losing a pound, and lost 3.5 pounds this week, was delighted and it made me more determined to shift at least 6 pounds by now and Christmas. I am just a pound off my 1.5 stone mark, and have gone from being in the 12's to being in the 10's... its a great feeling, and I am hoping to be down 2 stone by xmas. However, I still cant really see it in my clothes! Yes I am down a trouser/jeans size, but on top I am still the same... which is annoying..

I think this week what helped me was tracking everything, and I used 21 of my weeklies. I didnt exercise as I was too busy, but I will this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Wow great results here this week!!

Congrats to every one who got to goal or are very close to it!!

As of today I am officially 20lb down and how to i react to that?? I had half a scone with full fat butter!

I'm never going to get to goal with this attitude I have 1st 6lb off and 1st 7lb to go just about half way there!! Need to cop on and be good.. last Friday i had an ice burger (5) 1/2 a pack of taytos (2) in a sandwich (2) and a half a buano (3) then Sat Eddie Rockets (15) and 1/2 an ice cream and muffin (7) a few weeks back i wouldn't of touched this stuff need to lose my cockeyness at ahhh i can have this or that cos i have the points... am going to up my protein portions so i dont have as many points for treats!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm really trying to get into the mindset that food is just fuel for my body. It can be tasty but at the end of the day it's fueling my body to do the things I need it to do.

I'm really stepping away from the old mindset I had of food being a treat or a comfort. It's not really comforting to feel like crap and not fit into your trousers. This is a big change for my head and I could easily slip back into old habits, but hopefully this is a lifelong change for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this morn..up 1.5, lil bit suprised because I started walking again last week, and evn though I had a bit of a bad weekend I had only used 2 of my weeklies by saturday. My mum who's doing it with me was down 2 and we both had the same splurge at the weekend and walked the same over the week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

Hey! Thinking of joining WW for the first time! have approx 1 stone to lose. anyone here attended the class in carrick on shannon in leitrim? how long do the classes go on for? there is a lunch time one at 12.30 but i dont get lunch till 1pm... i could change my lunch but if i wasnt missing anything for half an hour i wud just go at one o clock? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kb87

clareames wrote: »
    Hey! Thinking of joining WW for the first time! have approx 1 stone to lose. anyone here attended the class in carrick on shannon in leitrim? how long do the classes go on for? there is a lunch time one at 12.30 but i dont get lunch till 1pm... i could change my lunch but if i wasnt missing anything for half an hour i wud just go at one o clock? Thanks :)

If it starts at 12.30, weigh in is usually first for half a hour and then half a hour talk (at 1 for your class so). the leader can weigh you after the talk too though. thats the way it works in mine any way :)

Thanks a million for that! wil let ye know how i get on tomorrow so at the first meeting! nervous but also excited at thought of fitting better into my clothes!

Down 1.5. Delighted!

k7Mpp1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Hey just wondering if anyone knows whats in a 3 in 1? I know it's massive but it's coming out of my 49!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Jem123 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if anyone knows whats in a 3 in 1? I know it's massive but it's coming out of my 49!

At home thats a long tray, 1/2 chips, 1/2 rice and curry sauce. Some places put peas and or onions. If its what you crave and it's coming out of the 49 enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    At home thats a long tray, 1/2 chips, 1/2 rice and curry sauce. Some places put peas and or onions. If its what you crave and it's coming out of the 49 enjoy!

I think she meant how many PP in a 3 in 1 :D
    Jem123 wrote: »

Only you could guestimate how many PP is in it. Most Chinese restaurants takeaway portions differ in size so you would have to guess how much rice/chips is there and then I would probably put at least 7-10PP on the curry sauce.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    I think she meant how many PP in a 3 in 1 :D

Only you could guestimate how many PP is in it. Most Chinese restaurants takeaway portions differ in size so you would have to guess how much rice/chips is there and then I would probably put at least 7-10PP on the curry sauce.

Ha ha!! Yep you would be right, forgot to add that in at the end and I'm half asleep, thanks Monife :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi All
    was down 3.5lb at WI 2nite, was delighted seeing as i STS last week
    have now lost 2 stone 7.5lb:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

just heard that ww are dropping there daily points from 29pp to 26pp and weeklies staying the same:eek: i'm maintaining for past 6 months so going to stick with the 29pp for me but i do have somedays that i'd only have 25/26pp as i don't see the point of eating if i'm not hungry!! well done to all the losses and keep at it to those who did'nt lose,,you'll get there in the end:D

tantipie wrote: »
    just heard that ww are dropping there daily points from 29pp to 26pp and weeklies staying the same:eek: i'm maintaining for past 6 months so going to stick with the 29pp for me but i do have somedays that i'd only have 25/26pp as i don't see the point of eating if i'm not hungry!! well done to all the losses and keep at it to those who did'nt lose,,you'll get there in the end:D

Really? Can I ask where did you hear that? Think I'll be sticking with the 29 too.. I wonder is this to encourage people to use their weeklies for treats and their dailies for proper food, cos I know I'd generally try and keep 4/5 pp for the evening time so I can have a treat with a cuppa!

A few weeks of eating about the 26 dailies and I didn't lose an ounce! It's only when I reached exactly the 29 or more that I started to lose.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »

A few weeks of eating about the 26 dailies and I didn't lose an ounce! It's only when I reached exactly the 29 or more that I started to lose.

I'd be the same, I have had weeks where I simply wouldn't be hungry and would have had 25/26 pp a day and would have either sts or had a gain!

Hmm was up 2 last night :mad: I had 4 days of not eating well and tracking and then 2 days of the most horrific migraine and couldn't eat. Only able to eat yesterday and I was weighed in last night. Think it was a mix of both. So I'm now 3 away from the 1 stone mark. 5 months and still not there :mad: Getting a little frustrating, I know the last week wasn't good but it's been 5 months of trying so hard, I wouldn't complain if I knew in my heart I wasn't trying!! Need to get my head in the game this week and aim for the 1 pound.....that's me aiming high by the way :D Doesn't help too much that I've to meet friends tonight for dinner, but I can't stop life so just have to be sensible if I can :) Feel better after that rant thks guys :p

Oh meant to say got the RTE Guide last night and the supplement is only like 3 or 4 pages! There's not much to it at all. Unless you get the RTE Guide every week just have a flick in the shop, wouldn't buy it! The WW mag for Christmas has much more recipes etc in it for Christmas. Might try and couple and post them if there nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 emmakeogh82

Hey all I was in Superquinn yesterday to stock up on my weight watchers meals and wraps and all that, when i notice it was all gone :eek: I asked the manager where it was and she said its gone cos weight watchers is in financial difficulty - has anyone heard about this??? And does this mean no were is gonna stock weight watchers food anymore??? I was never toild anything at my meetings. Im so sad cos its great to be able to buy the food and the bread :( Does anyone know any other shops that stock the meals, bread, wraps etc????

Hey all I was in Superquinn yesterday to stock up on my weight watchers meals and wraps and all that, when i notice it was all gone :eek: I asked the manager where it was and she said its gone cos weight watchers is in financial difficulty - has anyone heard about this??? And does this mean no were is gonna stock weight watchers food anymore??? I was never toild anything at my meetings. Im so sad cos its great to be able to buy the food and the bread :( Does anyone know any other shops that stock the meals, bread, wraps etc????

Didn't hear that at all, and as far as I know it's not WW that manufacture the food, it's other companies such as Heinz etc.
    All the other shops stock WW products, and personally I find Dunnes and Supervalu the best stockists. I do hope they are not in financial difficulty, would seriously doubt it, but could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I've noticed in all the supermarkets around my area that there has been a serious depletion of WW products. I posted about it a few weeks ago. Even Dunnes who normally have a whole aisle for WW products had very few items when I was there on Sun. I'm not sure what it is but there's definitely less stuff available.

M'lady
    Heinz do some weight watcher foods, but weight watchers have there own brand out, like the bread, wraps, yogurts, meals, etc etc.
    Thats the ones that were gone :(
    The heinz ones were still there, but there is only a small selection of ready made frozen meals.
    I dont believe they are in trouble, cos its so popular, i just dont understand why superquinn just decided to take away all the food :(

Eabhabear
    Do you know of Tesco stocks any of the food?

Eabhabear
    Do you know of Tesco stocks any of the food?

They stock some stuff but their selection has decreased in the last few months particularly with their cakes and bars. And when I was there the other day they didn't have any WW brown bread. I love the WW belgian slices but no where has had them in weeks.

Superquinn have them belgian slices, well they did. They are probably gone now too. I didnt notice if any of the bars etc were gone, as i was just looking for wraps and meals, but id say all the stuff is gone. They cant just takw away all the ww food, what'll we do :o(

Hey ladies...

I actually called head office there to ask, and the lady I spoke to said that it's definitely not in financial difficulties and that the food end of things is a separate franchise. I did say to her that a few people have found that there is very little on shelves etc. She suggested Dunnes, but I do think even there is short on supplies...

• Advertisement

Ah your very good for calling them :) I dont know why she would say that to me in superquinn then, it was obviously her way of saying we just decided not to sell the products anymore!!! I think thats very unfair on people on this programme.:mad:

ok just rang superquinn aswell, lol. They said the food company they get ww food off is gone out of business, they are called food partners. So thats why they are not selling it at the moment, but they are hoping to get it back asap as its so popular. Hopefully it wont be long till it comes back :confused:

m'lady wrote: »
    She suggested Dunnes, but I do think even there is short on supplies...

Thanks for that! I agree Dunnes have been short stocked in recent weeks. I went at the weekend with the specific intention of looking for WW products but came out with nothing. Ah well I found loads of non-WW products that will keep me going.

Emma tesco online have loads of the WW ready meals so if you have a large tesco beside you they should have them. They even seem to have new ones as well which look kinda nice.

If anyone lives in North Dublin, JC's in Swords do a HUGE selection of WW products and they are cheaper than anywhere else. They do pizza's, meals, chips, sausages, cheese, yoghurts, ham, rashers, chilled meals, desserts (frozen and fresh), soups, sauces, breads, hot choc, jelly, ww wine, loads of different cakes, biscuits, cake bars... LOADS of stuff really, can't remember it all.
    MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hmm was up 2 last night :mad: I had 4 days of not eating well and tracking and then 2 days of the most horrific migraine and couldn't eat. Only able to eat yesterday and I was weighed in last night. Think it was a mix of both. So I'm now 3 away from the 1 stone mark. 5 months and still not there :mad: Getting a little frustrating, I know the last week wasn't good but it's been 5 months of trying so hard, I wouldn't complain if I knew in my heart I wasn't trying!! Need to get my head in the game this week and aim for the 1 pound.....that's me aiming high by the way :D Doesn't help too much that I've to meet friends tonight for dinner, but I can't stop life so just have to be sensible if I can :) Feel better after that rant thks guys :p

Don't look at the length of time and give up, I nearly did that. It has taken me exactly a year to lose 3 stone 1lb (I had lost 3 stone 8lb but then gained some back). I thought, gosh, it really is taking a long time and I still have 5 stone 6lb to go, what is the point? And then I remember back to my heaviest and thought I never want to be there again and all the memories of being seriously obese and the restrictions it put on me. So keep on trucking, we will get there when our bodies want us to :)

Thanks Monife, yep your dead right. It's funny how you can't help look at it though as in like your not achieving even though your trying. At the end of the day I may only be 11 pounds down but that's 11 pounds lighter so that's always a good thing. This week going to stop using about 4 or 5 pp a day on snacks as such and out them towards meals with extra protein and mix meals up. Going to have dinner a couple of times during the day instead. Go easier on fruit and get back into my exercise. Then see what next week brings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Anyone any idea what pp veg soup in a hotel would defo was cream in it!

Down 1/2lb at WI :) Happy with that because I had a bold chipper on Sunday, and too many cakes to mention at a cake sale in work today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Well this is my 14th week at weightwatchers. Had a loss every week apart from one week where I was up 1lb after a long weekend away and letting myself loose. I had never exercised until this week i started walking. I was 1lb off getting my second stone today,but at weigh in i was up .5!! I didnt eat anymore than i have any other week,all i did differently was exercise!! Has this happened to anyone else?
    Well done to everyone on the great losses!!

Here's the info about changes to ProPoints from the UK site. There seems to be a lot of different opinions about ProPoints.

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=54911&sc=3010

This is my favourite bit :rolleyes:

However, some members struggle to lose weight, whatever daily ProPoints allowance they're on. We know this can come down to a myriad of factors for example, miscalculating ProPoints values, not tracking accurately or perhaps overestimating activity ProPoints values earned. Your Leader is crucial to your weight loss journey as they will provide the expertise and reassuring guidance to help members recognise and tackle their own personal weight loss issues and get them back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I agree that the leader is crucial!

My friend and I joined WW at the same time and I've stopped going for a little while so I can concentrate on exercising and toning and whatnot (I'll be back after Christmas!) but he found out last week that since he rejoined this year on propoints they had entered him in the system as female and had allocated him 14 less propoints than he should have been on!

He's found it tough to get past losing more than 2 stone and the leader (who made the mistake) reckons it might be because he's been undereating.
    The thing is, they haven't offered to reimburse him for the weeks he hasn't lost or offered him some free weeks or anything which I think is bad because it's not his fault he was eating too little! :rolleyes:

Hmm I find that interesting! I'd be up for 26pp. I always seem to reach that point every day and have 3 for a treat with my cuppa in the evening. So I have a couple of biscuits because I can for the sake of it. If I had to take it out of my weeklies I guess I would think twice. I have been losing very slowly mind you. But like that everyone is different so they have said if your comfortable with 29 then stick with it. I guess its what suits everyone as everyone is different...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

audi02 wrote: »
    Well this is my 14th week at weightwatchers. Had a loss every week apart from one week where I was up 1lb after a long weekend away and letting myself loose. I had never exercised until this week i started walking. I was 1lb off getting my second stone today,but at weigh in i was up .5!! I didnt eat anymore than i have any other week,all i did differently was exercise!! Has this happened to anyone else?
    Well done to everyone on the great losses!!

Well done on the loss every week... thats fantastic!It could be muscle which is what people are telling me.. Im back at it 5 weeks now and i have only lost 5 pound! Its the first time though that i have not put up in 5 weeks but i still feel its very very slow to come off! I have been jogging up to 3 times a week and i have been eating very well and not eating all of my weeklys every week! My OH thinks i should maybe stop jogging for this week and see if it makes a difference? What do people think? Im going to the states next week for two weeks so i would like a nice loss to set me on my way because i dont wont to feel defeated going away because i know i wont be careful then over the two weeks :confused::confused:

Hi Just started yesterday! how do i work the activity points? i did 50 sit ups this morning and went for 20minute walk last night so do i count that and what does it mean to have activity points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Its_me2011!

****LOOKING FOR MOTIVATION **** I have been back and forth with WW for around 4 years now..I have got to the point where I have lost 2 stone but literally been going up and down for a year.Last Christmas I swore I would not weigh in any less than 2 stone lighter this year and here I am again most likely weighing in at the exact same weight.....I want to loose weight, I go to meetings every week but I just cannot pass this barrier ............ Is there anyone else out there with similar stories or have found a way forward !!!??

clareames wrote: »
    Hi Just started yesterday! how do i work the activity points? i did 50 sit ups this morning and went for 20minute walk last night so do i count that and what does it mean to have activity points?

Did you get the books and the start up pack when you joined? There is a couple of pages at the back of one of the booklets that outlines activity points and lets you know for your height/weight and type of activity you do and at what intensity level how many pp you can 'earn' to use for extra food etc. It's like a table/graph.

I'm not sure if you would earn any for sit ups and depending on the intensity of the 20 mon walk it may only be 1 or 2 I don't have the book to hand but I know alot of people from talking to them generally don't use any of their activity points for better results or have them as a back up if there going out etc. TBH it takes a good bit of exercise to build up pp you will see that on the table when you look at it. Everyone is different though so reading it you will know best for you! Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Elliex wrote: »
    Well done on the loss every week... thats fantastic!It could be muscle which is what people are telling me.. Im back at it 5 weeks now and i have only lost 5 pound! Its the first time though that i have not put up in 5 weeks but i still feel its very very slow to come off! I have been jogging up to 3 times a week and i have been eating very well and not eating all of my weeklys every week! My OH thinks i should maybe stop jogging for this week and see if it makes a difference? What do people think? Im going to the states next week for two weeks so i would like a nice loss to set me on my way because i dont wont to feel defeated going away because i know i wont be careful then over the two weeks :confused::confused:

Thats still really good loosing a pound a week,the slower it comes off the slower it goes back on. You'll get on fine in the states,all the walking you'll do will balance off the eating!! I was also thinking of giving up the exercise again for this week, i know its great for toning up but muscle does weigh more than fat and i really wanna get my second stone this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

audi02 wrote: »
    Thats still really good loosing a pound a week,the slower it comes off the slower it goes back on. You'll get on fine in the states,all the walking you'll do will balance off the eating!! I was also thinking of giving up the exercise again for this week, i know its great for toning up but muscle does weigh more than fat and i really wanna get my second stone this week.

Ye thats what i was thinking! the last time i was in NY i walked the legs off myself so thats good... plus i looked at some menus online and at lot of them have low cal/low carb options.... its just whether ill resist the fattening tasty food :confused:
    I said it to my sister tonight about not exercising and she was saying she thinks i should stick with the exercise because at some point it will defo show and i can feel it in my clothes but its just a let down when you step on the scales and it doesnt show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Hi everyone.Im new to this forum and really need some advice tips etc.Im 36 years old am 5 foot 4 inch s and weigh 14 stone 8 pounds .My weight really really gets me down.It affects my life hugely on a daily basis from a confidence level to deciding what to wear .I've lost count of how many times I've joined weight watcher s only to give up after a few days.I don't really know why maybe its because i feel so overwhelmed by the amount of weight i need to lose and can't imagine myself ever bein slim .I suppose i also feel like I've such a long journey ahead of me.On the outside everyone thinks im such a bubbly and happy person but inside im desperately unhappy with how i look.I know how the pro points works and could nearly tell you the points of. everything but i just need to put into practise what i know.So as of this mornin im making a new fresh start because I've been awake most of the night upset and crying because my weight is really gettin to me.Im really hoping that you guys out there who know s what its like to be overweight can give me encouragement and any advice and tips would be so appreciated in relation to food exercise or self esteem .Thanks for takin the time to read this and hoping hear from you all.Will keep my progress posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

audman wrote: »
    Hi everyone.Im new to this forum and really need some advice tips etc.Im 36 years old am 5 foot 4 inch s and weigh 14 stone 8 pounds .My weight really really gets me down.It affects my life hugely on a daily basis from a confidence level to deciding what to wear .I've lost count of how many times I've joined weight watcher s only to give up after a few days.I don't really know why maybe its because i feel so overwhelmed by the amount of weight i need to lose and can't imagine myself ever bein slim .I suppose i also feel like I've such a long journey ahead of me.On the outside everyone thinks im such a bubbly and happy person but inside im desperately unhappy with how i look.I know how the pro points works and could nearly tell you the points of. everything but i just need to put into practise what i know.So as of this mornin im making a new fresh start because I've been awake most of the night upset and crying because my weight is really gettin to me.Im really hoping that you guys out there who know s what its like to be overweight can give me encouragement and any advice and tips would be so appreciated in relation to food exercise or self esteem .Thanks for takin the time to read this and hoping hear from you all.Will keep my progress posted.

its great that your taking the first step to losing weight but dont look at it as i have x ammount of weight to get to my goal (if i knew i had 9 stone i would never have started on this journey) set yourself small goal. set a goal for this week a goal for christmas and forget about the rest. i'm nearly down 4st since january (planing to get their by chrsitmas) but i never looked past the next silver seven.

as for losing motivation after a few days because you feel that one pound this week wont mmake much differance to the overall picture just remember that all those one pounds a week add up one pound a week for a year is 52 pounds (more than 3.5 stone) give yourself a realsitic goal for the moment (like i promise myself that ill stick to ww for four weeks)

also for motivation find what works for you some people put pictuares that they hate of themselves near food that you love or if you have control of the shopping dont buy sweets for the house. what i find really works is putting paper clips of how many pounds i wnat to lose between now and my next goal in my purse and every pound i lose i clip one of the paper clips to my press. everytime i thibk of buying treat food i see the paper clips and they each represent a pound that i will lose so it helps my motivation not to go off plan.

good luck with it this week give yourself a good go at it and remember
    what you eat in secret you wear in public
    and if you put it in your smacker put it on your tracker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

layviae wrote: »
    audman wrote: »

its great that your taking the first step to losing weight but dont look at it as i have x ammount of weight to get to my goal (if i knew i had 9 stone i would never have started on this journey) set yourself small goal. set a goal for this week a goal for christmas and forget about the rest. i'm nearly down 4st since january (planing to get their by chrsitmas) but i never looked past the next silver seven.

as for losing motivation after a few days because you feel that one pound this week wont mmake much differance to the overall picture just remember that all those one pounds a week add up one pound a week for a year is 52 pounds (more than 3.5 stone) give yourself a realsitic goal for the moment (like i promise myself that ill stick to ww for four weeks)

also for motivation find what works for you some people put pictuares that they hate of themselves near food that you love or if you have control of the shopping dont buy sweets for the house. what i find really works is putting paper clips of how many pounds i wnat to lose between now and my next goal in my purse and every pound i lose i clip one of the paper clips to my press. everytime i thibk of buying treat food i see the paper clips and they each represent a pound that i will lose so it helps my motivation not to go off plan.

good luck with it this week give yourself a good go at it and remember
    what you eat in secret you wear in public
    and if you put it in your smacker put it on your tracker
    That's a good idea about the paper clips.I know I've a long road ahead of me but baby steps along the way all add up.I guess id just love to wave a magic wand and all the weight would Disappear! hmmm wishful thinking.Thanks for your advice and encouragement x x

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement