Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refrigeration for cornies

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a brand and model of fridge for use with cornies. Rather than take the internal dimensions of fridges in the shops, I thought it might be easier to just get a recommendation from home brewers.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

i'd say any under counter fridge could be modified for housing a cornie.

Here's a cheap one Argos do

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4810272/Trail/searchtext%3EFRIDGE.htm

probably fit yer gas in there n all!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

Whatever fridge you choose, make sure it is a larder fridge (like the one Mashtun linked to). That just means that it has no ice compartment, which is important as you will need the full height of the fridge for your cornies.

It's worth popping into an electrical suppliers showroom and looking into the fridges on offer. I did this, with a piece of cardboard cut to the diameter of a cornie so I could measure the fridges capacity and I managed to find a Miele larder fridge with a compact compressor at the back, leaving enough room for an extra cornie.

Advertisement