Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mcafee and your credit card

• 19-05-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭

On my credit card this week I found a €60 bill for a subscription renewal.
    The thing is that although I had renewed my subscription two years ago I subsequently removed McAfee form my PC and haven't used it for over a year.
    I noticed that when I went into my McAfee login account (still active) there was a notification that the renewal was over 350 days overdue.
    Needless to say I hadn't authorised any debit from my card.

By phoning McAfee I was able to get a refund,but this might be a heads up for people who used to have a Mcafee subscription but then let it lapse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭cml387

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its not McAfees fault that you didnt remove your credit card details or turn off auto-renewal. If you look at the terms and conditions its written in plain english.

Auto renew should not be a default condition.

I was not apportioning blame to Mcafee anywhere in my mail anyway.
    Just a warning to check your credit card details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I tend to agree, people really don't read the fine print and are too willing to just hand their cash over to anyone who will take it.

They're the same type of people who sign up to a subscription based service for 'free' text messages or complain about being held to a year's contract for a TV service for instance.

Muppets in other words.

Achilles wrote: »
    I tend to agree, people really don't read the fine print and are too willing to just hand their cash over to anyone who will take it.

They're the same type of people who sign up to a subscription based service for 'free' text messages or complain about being held to a year's contract for a TV service for instance.

Muppets in other words.

Are you calling me a muppet?

There are many ways to remind consumers that their subscription is due as well as via Email.

Dipping into your credit card is far too easy to do (and ask questions afterwards).

However if you are right that this may be better served in Consumer section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

cml387 wrote: »
    Are you calling me a muppet?
    Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement