Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling bag question

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I need some more plastic bags for putting my recycling out for collection, but when I called Greyhound to order some I was told that they no longer supplied them and I could get them in Tesco. So far I've not had any luck finding them. Does anyone know if they actually are available in supermarkets or should I phone greyhound back and yell at them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Greyhound posted bags into our house there a while back even though we have a green bin aswell. We've put the plastic bag with the green bin every 2nd week and they haven't taken it yet.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Greyhound posted bags into our house there a while back even though we have a green bin aswell. We've put the plastic bag with the green bin every 2nd week and they haven't taken it yet.:rolleyes:
    I'm the only person on my road with bags instead of a bin. I work kind of late and my green bin kept being stolen so I called and brow-beat them into giving me the bags. They're not great for getting them in the post though.

If ye're not using the bags is there any chance I could take them off your hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kylith wrote: »
    I'm the only person on my road with bags instead of a bin. I work kind of late and my green bin kept being stolen so I called and brow-beat them into giving me the bags. They're not great for getting them in the post though.

If ye're not using the bags is there any chance I could take them off your hands?

All the ones we got are now full and lying out the back garden till the feckers decide to take them. I'll see if any of my mates have any that they don't need. I'd say your best bet is to try and catch the binmen in the morning and see if they have any.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 muller21

the bags can be collected from some dcc offices I was told.

Advertisement