Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And So I Watch You From Afar - Dolans, last night..

• 19-05-2011 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Not sure if they are worthy of a thread, but anyone at this last night?
    I thought they were f**king unbelievable. For their genre of music, I think they have to be one of the best in Ireland at least. The energy they gave off on stage was unreal.

Usually, I find with some instrumental music, the interest wanes after about 30 mins, as it's kind of the same thing over and over. But just when the thought of "maybe I'll tune out" came into my head, ASIWYFA slapped you across the face and screamed "NOT YET! HERE'S ANOTHER SAVAGE RIFF".

The support bands weren't my cup of tea to be honest, but ASIWYFA were on a different level altogether. I can only imagine what they must have been like when they played up in Baker Place.

Face melting, and I have to see them again somewhere....

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Ah well flap it anyway, I didn't know they were playing last night. If I did I'd have gone :(
    Glad you enjoyed Seachto

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Agreed they were Awesome- Saw them in Cork about 6 weeks ago in the Crane Lane & they were awesome there too. Incredible energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Have heard great thing, my only fear is these acts suffer a much shorter life span. best of luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I suppose there' s only so much you can do as an instrumental band, but it didn't stop sigur ros even with the made up vocals.

Their 2 albums are top notch. Interesting to see what they do next, but last night was as good as it gets for heavy instrumental stuff for me....

I saw the redneck manifesto in there before, and these lads are on a different level.......

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Saw them at Indiependence last year. Really good live. You should check out God is an Astronaut as well. Went to see them at Dolans last year, really good gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Saw them supporting Jape in Dolans a few months back, didnt know who they were but I know now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Phenomenal gig. ASIWYFA were absolutely top notch. Missed them when they played bakers, so wasn't really sure what to expect (as far as a live show goes) but it ended up being excellent. Nicked a poster, and It'll stay on my wall. Won't forget that gig in a while! I really should start going to gigs sober more often. :P

We Come In Pieces were great as usual, I though. Really fun band to watch.
    I missed Former Monarchs - ended up chatting to random people.
    Race the Flux were alright, not great. I saw them before in Bakers, and they were class. Was a little disapointed with their set that night.

The bouncers in Dolans never change too. Muppets. :pac:

Advertisement