Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Soil

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm looking for a couple of lorry loads but can't seem to get it anyway at a reasonable prices. All the builders I've spoken to said I'll have to wait for site clearances. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

The landscape depot in Tallaght are a good price for topsoil and can deliver loose in lorrys.

Their number is 01 4512 608

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you're in Dublin City Mannions in Rialto is advertising topsoil for €65 'a bag'. How big a bag is I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

€65 is not that cheap, you could get it for €50 a bag if you shopped around, maybe less if your buying a good lot.

A bag is a ton bag, the ones you might see builders shoveling sand out of. Usually about 1 meter square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

I got 20 tonnes of topsoil recently for a very reasonsble price. I'll pm u his number. Don't know where ur located, I'm in north county dublin. Hopefully he'll b able to sort u out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP - be careful where you buy topsoil, plenty of poor qualities (weed infested etc) out there.

It should be possible to get bulk loads (18ton) of screened topsoil for €300.00-€350.00 (+ VAT), delivered in Dublin area. PM me for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

Sonnenblumen, how far would 18 tons go, and how deep?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Depends on depth, eg, 1 ton will cover approx 10sq m to a depth of 100mm, or 20 sqm for a depth of 50mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I went by these guys at a plant show last weekend

http://www.enrich.ie/

They seem to sell in a fair few places and are based around Kilcock in Meath. I've no experience of them but was thinking of picking up some topsoil for some raised beds I'm making

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BernardH

I need approx 500 tons of top soil between Cork and Mallow.

Advertisement