Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ideas for Bar-B-Q

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking for new ideas for the Bar-b-q.

Have friends and their kids visiting at the weekend, so thinking bar-b-q. I know the weather forecast is not the best, but will be hopeful.

So has anyone got good ideas for 'easy to do' bar-b-q food.

Saw the Tikka Masala Drumsticks on patak http://www.pataks.co.uk/recipes/tikka-masala-drumsticks-wings.aspx

Any other thoughts.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Put potatoes in tinfoil in the coals to make the most perfect baked potatoes! They taste amazing.
    I think the meat can be as plain as you like, just make sure that you have loads of buns, sauces and extra salad bits, like potatoe and tuna salads, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Pork, apple and chorizo skewers.

Get sliced chorizo, a fillet of pork and a few granny smiths.
    Cut the pork into chunks, kinda 'wrap' it in the slice of chorizo and skewer it with chunks of apple.

You can rinse the apple in lemon juice if you want to make it beforehand.
    And I marinaded the pork in lemon juice and Polish mustard for a while too. You'll get a good few skewers out of one fillet, it's a pretty cheap dish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

When I'm looking for inspiration, the British Larder is always worth a visit. You don't have to follow the recipes to the letter. Both

Barbecued Pomegranate and Coriander Lamb Kebabs

Malay Chicken Curry Kebabs

are excellent BBQ dishes that I make when we have a BBQ.

Advertisement