Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the bins?

Options
  • 19-05-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I had to carry my butler's coffers cup home cos there wasn't a bin to be found around the city centre. What's the story with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Did they get rid of them for the Queen's visit? I have the same problem everytime I go to London, not a bin anywhere, the Tube stations, train stations. Apparently they got rid of them all dur to terrorist threats.

I could be completely wrong though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Bang on, removed for the queen last week! All last week there were just big blue oil drums as bins but they were removed then aswell! Theres a bin at molly malone that couldnt be moved obviously but its been sealed up instead!!

Imagine most wont be put back till after obama!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

One was removed from outside my house yesterday, and the Queen wasn't and won't be anywhere near here. I'd say they were removed for Obama's visit which may go by my house.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

diddlybit wrote: »
    I have the same problem everytime I go to London, not a bin anywhere, the Tube stations, train stations. Apparently they got rid of them all dur to terrorist threats.
    I did wonder about the lack of bins when I went to London, makes sense now

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

there's still no bins around.. at least not on the outskirts of the city anyway.. are they not gonna bother putting them back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I did wonder about the lack of bins when I went to London, makes sense now

I thought the same when i was in Birmingham recently.Made me think it was a kip at first with no bins but that explains it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i know.. i mean in terms of revenue, which costs more: employing street sweepers or the vans going around changing the refuse sacks in the bins.. with years of conditioning to put rubbish in the bin i can't really bring myself to throw stuff on the ground..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

They've finally started to put some of them back now, wonder if they couldn't afford the pay bill after the overtime bonanza that was the visits?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

not a bin to be seen around Merrion Square :mad::mad:

the park is going to be filthy at lunch time today:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Blatant "I buy my coffee in Bulters" post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭30kmph

Any chance of getting our bins back? The old bat never even went near Gardiner St and we are still without our bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

they were putting westmoreland streets bins back up at about eleven this morning......

the corpo had lovely little stools to sit on while doing it............christ knows how long its going to take to get the whole city back to normal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

still nothing around Merrion Square

Did it take this long to take them out in the first place?

Advertisement