Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox games on Xbox360?

• 19-05-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Stupid question. but i updated my xbox360 in feb, can i play org xbox games on it? or do i need to do anything to do that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Full list here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

The likes of the old Halo games do (seeing that they're MS), but was p!ssed when MGS Substance didn't. Aw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Cool, so that list has the games that 'most likely' will run on the x360.
    thanks!

Wanted to get half life 2 and cold fear but damn they both dont seem to work on the 360.

EDIT: Half Life 2 does work, duh.

What orig xbox games would you guys recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Me and some others have had original xbox games stop working after a recent dash update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ah crap really? What games stopped?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That compatibility list is also full of lies. Some of the games listed as working have game breaking glitches. Panzer Dragoon Orta for one crashes after stage 3 so you can't get any further. Also some listed as working only boot into the main menu or start up logos before crashing.

Edit: ah wikipedia list, seems far more complete than the MS one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement