Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to get spouse visa for indonesian wife

• 19-05-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hi all, im getting married (in hong kong) to my indonesian fiance that works and resides in hong kong (she is on hk work visa) in november , im looking for advice on how to go about getting spouse visa so she can reside with me in ireland, question include how long and where to start process?, does she have to return to indonesia before granting of visa etc, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you Irish?

Applying for visas tend to be about where a person is resident, not where they are from. She seems to be a HK resident.

The first port of call would appear to be the DFA website and then the HK / local consulate / embassy.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=274
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8605
    http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=285

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mangina

hi victor, yes im irish, she has not got a resident visa, its a hk work visa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Once married, your wife would need to apply for a long stay D visa and mention in the cover letter that it is to join her Irish national spouse. More information on the INIS Website

Once she has arrived, you can go to your local garda station (GNIB if living in Dublin) and register her for stamp 4. You will need to bring both passports, marriage certificate and evidence of your joint address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stephen web

hi i am in same situation, i am irish with an indonesian fiance who lives in hk, i plan to go and marry her in hk< the question i need answering is once we are married in hk can she then enter ireland on an indonisian passport and apply for visa once here or will she have to do it in hong kong?

i await a reply gratefully

steve

• Advertisement

hello there are you free to talk friend

hi i am in same situation, i am irish with an indonesian fiance who lives in hk, i plan to go and marry her in hk< the question i need answering is once we are married in hk can she then enter ireland on an indonisian passport and apply for visa once here or will she have to do it in hong kong?

i await a reply gratefully

steve

hi , my wife called irish consulate in hong kong and they told her she was better off applying in jakarta as she was only on a working visa in hong kong in the first place, so she did that, she applied for holiday visa in jakarta that was granted (i didnt go for spouse visa as i worked in construction and am now only working part time, so i could not see myself been granted a spouse visa due to no p60, if u are working steady go straight for the spouse visa, be sure to have evidence of trips, birthday card, letters etc to produce to immigration application)

i went holiday visa route, she came and 2 weeks before the end of the 3 months holiday was up we went to local immigration officer and applied for the spouse visa, i explained why i didnt go for spouse visa in first place, he was very understandable and we applied to department of justice immigration spouse visa department and got very swift reply. 6-9 month backlog in processing her for stamp, she cannot work in this time, but all is good, we are expecting a baby in oct :) any more questions?

my problem is i have never been to hk to meet her. we have been in a relationship now for nearly ten months, i hope to go there in september and marry her in hk, once married there will she be able to enter ireland as my wife or will she have to apply for indonesian visa to reside in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Hi stephen web,

After you have married, your wife should initially apply online and deliver her documents to the Irish diplomatic representation in HK.

If your wife's HK Visa is due to expire shortly after your marriage, she should apply for a Visa in Indonesia, or wherever she intends to be resident.

After your wife arrives in Ireland, you should visit your local GNIB office together.

You may struggle to satisfy the INIS of the durability of your relationship.

go get married in hk, cottentree drive Hong Kong park civil ceremonies is where I went
    very nice and fast job, your fiance will have to get the wheels in motion there and contact them, it looks to me you might have to go my route with regards to getting wife here, she will have to go home to Indonesia to apply for visit visa then just keep her here and do as I did, u might have a hard time with immigration about spouse visa due to lack of time spent together, I just said in my application that I went for holiday visa as i wanted to see if she could adapt to climate/culture

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/bdmreg/marriage/address/mapctdmr.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement