Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of surfer/skater brands in Waterford

• 19-05-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Now Pure and Global clothes stores have closed down in Waterford city, where is anyone meant to get skater/surfer brand clothes? Apart from routing through the packed rails of TK Maxx for a top

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Waterford City forum

dudara

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's a crying shame really they are gone, some fab items of clothing have been picked up over the years in each shop by me.

Got my first Paul Frank tee shirt in pure when it was in it's old premises!

Is there not some skate shops out in Tramore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There is a weight lifting supplement shop around the corner from USA bargain stores that has some surfer clothes, salt rock hoodies and stuff.

Instead of creating another thread, anyone notice a major lack if men's flared jeans over the last few years in various shops in Waterford???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

Are the shops down the end of Tramore still open? Last time I was out there was a few years back but they had some nice stuff. A lot of the good brands like Ripcurl, Quicksilver etc

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    Instead of creating another thread, anyone notice a major lack if men's flared jeans over the last few years in various shops in Waterford???

What the hell happened to Road cords/jeans? Now its all those ridiculous skinny/straight leg jeans. I remember they were in every shop but now they are gone. I had about 4 pairs them and I am only down to one with the arse hanging out of it haha. I love those pants.

Also I had a dig around in TK Maxx and found some decent stuff. But to be honest I always thought Pure was a bit pricey though. I think people can get a decent surf/skate look from pennys now for a fraction of the price.

Edz87 wrote: »
    What the hell happened to Road cords/jeans? Now its all those ridiculous skinny/straight leg jeans. I remember they were in every shop but now they are gone. I had about 4 pairs them and I am only down to one with the arse hanging out of it haha. I love those pants.

Also I had a dig around in TK Maxx and found some decent stuff. But to be honest I always thought Pure was a bit pricey though. I think people can get a decent surf/skate look from pennys now for a fraction of the price.

Ah road jeans, used to love them, i absolutely hate straight leg jeans, make my stomach turn.

Tk maxx is okay for tee shirts and hoodies and stuff, but their selection of jeans is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Both surf shops in Tramore have a good selection of surfer related clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

theres a new one beside rainbow records loads of saltrock stuff and the likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I see that the sports shop in Peter st. opposite Dunnes stores now does Vans (the non sweat shop produced skate shoes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Ah road jeans, used to love them, i absolutely hate straight leg jeans, make my stomach turn.

Road Cords.... Mmmmmmmmmmmm! I remember my ol' cream pair well. What good times they sat thru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jack Jones is surprisingly okay for jeans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

buy a pair get a pair free.:D

http://www.roadjeans.com/

Horgan wrote: »
    Jack Jones is surprisingly okay for jeans...

Yeah jack and jones are okay, but they only really get a 'new' pair of flares every 5-6 months.

I end up with the same pair in 4 different washes! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lady Thor

The tramore surf shop across from the beach is very expensive

Advertisement