Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting fees.

Options
  • 19-05-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    This may sound like a stupid question but as its my first time looking to leave home im not sure of the answer,
    If i am the one looking for an apartment to rent when i go to a letting agency, how much or is there any fees for them helping me find an apartment, or is the landlord paying the letting agent to find him a tenant ?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

is the landlord paying the letting agent to find him a tenant ?
    Usually this. The other only if you want someone to look for you, which is very rare these days, unless you're rich in money but poor in time...

=-=

Goto www.daft.ie and pick a place. Best idea is see how much you earn a month, divide by three, and use one third of your wages for the rent, to see what you should have as your max rent...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The landlord pays, usually a percentage of the yearly rent achieved. Some agencies may try to charge you an admin fee (for getting references etc), but that is very unusual and in today's market, I'd stay away from them.

Advertisement