Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching phone service from UPC....

• 19-05-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭

I may move my broadband and phone to UPC. First I called Vodafone to see if they had plans to reduce their prices as they are more expensive.

I pay €67 a month for Vodafone's 24Mb service (migrated from BT some time ago). They confirmed that if I changed to UPC I could get the equivalent for around €42 a month. But as I have a Vodafone mobile they could take €3 a month off.

They mentioned that if I went to UPC and wanted to leave in the future then I would not be able to take my phone number back from UPC. Has anyone any experience of this?

BTW when talking to Vodafone I was informed that my line was good for a speed of around 20Mbps. Since talking to them the speed has increased from the usual 17-18Mbps to over 20Mbps.

1303067039.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭broders3

Pretty sure you can port your number back to Voda/eircom from UPC if you decide to leave down the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

port the number to Blueface and then you can change provider without any of this palaver.

Advertisement