Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street cameras

Options
  • 19-05-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Some new cameras appeared yesterday on Church Road. One on pole close to turn to Bellvue Road facing south, another close to Frankfort House, facing north. Another up at Blacklion near Kinsellas old depot, facing towards Greystones. All look to be temporary. Anybody got any ideas as to what purpose they are there for. Could it have anything with plans for traffic lights at these places.??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

vinpaul wrote: »
    Some new cameras appeared yesterday on Church Road. One on pole close to turn to Bellvue Road facing south, another close to Frankfort House, facing north. Another up at Blacklion near Kinsellas old depot, facing towards Greystones. All look to be temporary. Anybody got any ideas as to what purpose they are there for. Could it have anything with plans for traffic lights at these places.??

Saw them at the Centra junction and at the Redford Junction too this morning.

Was wondering what they are there for also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 renaldowal

there ar more poping up each day i think . is the queen coming this way maybe? seems a bit much for just traffic monitoring .

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

There probably for a traffic survey, monitoring the number of cars using that particular road.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

While standing at the bus stop I read the sticker attached to one of these cameras. Apparently they are for traffic surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Wonder if it has anything to do with the planning permission requirements for the harbour, don't they have to submit a impact survey which includes increase in traffic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Friend of mine was intrigued too and did a little detective work. Both Gardai and Co Council said they didn't know what they were for. Then she rang number she found on one and eventually was passed on to a guy in Scotland who told her they were commissioned by a guy called <<Snip>> to collect data to do with the Marina Development. He didn't want his name passed on, but, hey, I don't want my picture taken without knowing what it's for! Can anyone enlighten us further?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

I thought all that work was supposed to have been done and they deemed the existing road network was fine. I wasn't buying it seeing as the harbour is a disaster on a busy Sunday without any extra traffic already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Huntthe wrote: »
    I thought all that work was supposed to have been done and they deemed the existing road network was fine. I wasn't buying it seeing as the harbour is a disaster on a busy Sunday without any extra traffic already.

It is possible the last EIS report is pretty much out of date now that there's been a lot of changes within the town. I reckon the traffic impact may be less now than it was back 4 or so years ago. A fresh report may be required just to 're-confirm' things???

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement