Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Franklin & Bash [TNT - Spoilers]

• 19-05-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.tnt.tv/series/franklinandbash/
    When they're not hanging out at their favorite hot dog stand pontificating on what they'd go through to enjoy a night with their favorite female celebrities, Jared Franklin (Breckin Meyer) and Peter Bash (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) are chasing down their latest clients...sometimes literally. With business cards in hand, they're ready to nab a client within seconds after a car accident, arrest for solicitation or any other incident where their legal services may be needed. Once in the courtroom, they show their flair for the dramatic and the shocking.
    Peter has a knack for connecting with jury and judge, while Jared loves sticking it to authority every chance he gets. Despite their bad-boy antics, brash presentation and devil-may-care attitudes, Jared and Peter are good lawyers who are willing to do anything for a client, no matter who the client might be. That quality catches the attention of Stanton Infeld (Malcolm McDowell), a Renaissance man and the patriarch of Infeld Daniels, one of the top law firms in Los Angeles. He sees a lot of himself in the young men and decides to recruit the pair to bring a fresh energy to the firm. Jared and Peter are joined by their two legal aides, the brilliant, brassy Carmen (Dana Davis) and the agoraphobic, verminophobic Pindar (Kumail Nanjiani).
    Infeld's decision to take on fresh talent doesn't sit well with his nephew, Damien Karp (Reed Diamond), a lawyer who has his own plans for the firm and a particularly shifty way of doing business. The arrival of Jared and Peter also threatens Karp's romantic - albeit celibate - relationship with Hanna Linden (Garcelle Beauvais), a lawyer who takes an immediate liking to Jared.
    In their new digs at Infeld Daniels, Jared and Peter handle a variety of clients, from a woman fired for being too beautiful to a family feud over a cherished baseball. But their story is really about the incredible friendship they've built and how their relationship is challenged now that they find themselves working in a more corporate atmosphere. Only time will tell if these devoted buddies can survive in this new environment.

Promo Trailer

Starts on Wednesday 1st of June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yay! I love Reed Diamond. He's fantastic, met him last month and he was an absolute riot. Wish he had a bigger role in it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Oh dear, just seen the pilot....tis like The Defenders meets Boston Legal...but not as good. Really lame attempts at humour that fall flat at every turn. Reed Diamond totally wasted here is as McDowell. Only good thing about it is Mark Gossalar.

Hot women everywhere though so if that's reason enough to tune in......., it's tryna be funny but the jokes miss their mark everytime. But i think it might appeal to some folks out there, it's very light....it might be a good distraction during the bare Summer tv months.

I'll give it one or two more but i don't hold out much hope. Oh and ladies....Mr. Gossalar gets a full nekid bum shot in.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/franklin-and-bash-review-pilot/

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/confession-tnts-franklin-bash-is-actually-good/26011

Ratings, it's middling at best....not great but not a flop either. But i suspect it might drop from here on in, pilots always rate higher and drop.

Men of A Certain Age will be cancelled, mark my words!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/02/tnt%E2%80%99s-franklin-bash-opens-with-2-7-million-viewers-men-of-a-certain-age-draws-1-8-million/94530/

I'm out!...well done TNT, you fu*ked with the show after the pilot, took out all the slapstick, dropped all the comedy and now it's a bog standard buddy lawyer show ala The Defenders. Ep. 2 was crap, even Natalie Zea couldn't save it!

I'm done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Saw the promos for it when I was in the states and it looked terrible.
    Dont like "dat guy from Road Trip" and "dat guy from Saved by the Bell" so will stay well clear.

• Advertisement

"i'm gonna go masturbate" - :D , lol...that was legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just got around to watching episode 1 and really enjoyed it. Definitely good enough to make me want to watch episode 2 anyway.

Just got around to watching episode 1 and really enjoyed it. Definitely good enough to make me want to watch episode 2 anyway.

LOL!....episode 4 was the funniest since the pilot!! :p
    Jared right at the end in the elevator...puking! :D
    Some very funny dialogue in at ep. - it's a patchy show thus far but it definately does shine sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I've only watched the pilot so far, but it's ok. I liked The Defenders too, hopefully this one will stick around a bit longer.

TOENAIL CLIPPINGS!!!!! :eek:
    LOL!....that was an eeeeewwwww + ROTFLMAO momemt! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starting on E4 next week

I've totally caught up on this show now and I love it. Funny, quick and entertaining.
    It's way fresher than The Defenders and much funnier. Hope it sticks around.

It has an 0.9 rating at the moment which is up 0.1 from last week... not too shabby for the summer, but nothing on the ratings of the Summer shows on USA.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Watched through it at the weekend, not bad and has some funny moments, but the two main characters are trying way too hard to be the 'cool lawyers' and it can be a bit too farcical.

I'm maybe being a little harsh on it, I'd just watched the first 3 eps of Suits before hand and might be judging it against that too much, but I'd like to see them do a bit more then the whole "look at me, I'm a lawyer and I'm wearing shorts in the office, also I care about people, how cool am I" bit. That could get old very quickly.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Watched through it at the weekend, not bad and has some funny moments, but the two main characters are trying way too hard to be the 'cool lawyers' and it can be a bit too farcical.

I'm maybe being a little harsh on it, I'd just watched the first 3 eps of Suits before hand and might be judging it against that too much, but I'd like to see them do a bit more then the whole "look at me, I'm a lawyer and I'm wearing shorts in the office, also I care about people, how cool am I" bit. That could get old very quickly.
    Yeah, don't watch them together... although neither is an accurate portrayal of being a lawyer, Suits is more accurate than I'd care to admit sometimes in the US.

Pretty good episode. Loved the Van Halen thing at the beginning and the premise was pretty good.

Loved the part where during the Chinese Wall where Franklin does the Bash impersonation.

The side story was awful though, the kid was so annoying.

lol great episode. Loved Tommy Chong as the judge talking about the dangers of marijuana.

This show is getting better - quite good humour and story this week.
    It's a summer show, but I'm enjoying it!

That English redhead was stunning, i've seen her before but can't put a name to her, pretty good episode actually, love the boys being on house arrest....it's good Summer fare but i'd never watch it in the regular tv season.

Season 1 finale tonight.

What'd you think?

I'm pretty happy with the episode. It was a bit all over the place in the beginning and made me check to make sure I hadn't missed an episode.
    Pretty strong summer series and glad to see it back next summer... I hope that they make it a tiny bit more gritty, perhaps by not resolving every case in each episode - then again, if it aint broke don't fix it@

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Really liked F&B, started watching it on E4 but ended up streaming it because liked it so much. Is "suits" similar? Might give that a go tonight :)

Half way through season 1 at the minute and it's breezy fun. There's little in the way of substance but for a time filler it's perfect. I do think that I would have liked it a little more had I not spent the past few days watching the much better Suits.

Source EW

TNT’s Franklin & Bash‘s second season is getting a boost from actors from American Pie and Nurse Jackie.
    Chris Klein (Wilfred) has been tapped to guest star in an episode. Klein plays an old high school buddy of Peter Bash (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) who’s described as a charismatic politician who wants out of the race for governor because of a family scandal. Paul Schulze (Law & Order) is also on board. He’s Klein’s campaign manager, who butts heads with Bash and Jared Franklin (Breckin Meyer) over the candidate’s decision to drop out of the race.
    Klein and Schulze join an impressive array of guest stars coming to F&B‘s upcoming season 2: Cybill Shepherd, Rick Fox, Beau Bridges, Sean Astin, Kevin Nealon, Jane Seymour, Seth Green, Shiri Appleby and Kimberly Caldwell are all on board. The show will return sometime this summer.

Season 2 begins on the 5th of June!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Must watch more of this show. Zack Morris is quite reliable.

Really glad this show is back - excellent summer faire and really enjoyable. Slightly confused though; since when did Hanna want them out of the firm? I thought she had warmed to them by the end of Season 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This is a great show. Have gone through all the eps pretty fast. Hope it gets renewed for a third season.

• Advertisement

Season 2 starts on E4 Thursday the 9th of August 2012 at 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Never got into it when it started but then watched the repeats and i really like it now

Pretty good looking season finale this week. I'm fairly confident it will be renewed for a 3rd season.

pogdesign had the finale listed for last night, but it appears to be next week :( They fixed it.

Playing catch up with season 2 and much like season 1 there's a hell of a lot to like. The cast are all great, it's clever but never feels pretentious and the humour is there in spades. It's breezy, easy to watch fun that I wish went on for a full 22 episode season,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, I'd have had more too but I often think too that maybe a reason we like Summer shows so much is that they're short runs so nobody outstays their welcome and, as it's a short season, there's not much filler. I wouldn't mind them doing a White Collar though and having two mini seasons a year. Some more F&B in January would be nice.

• Advertisement

Surprised!? Franking & Bash is amazing!!

Ah....it's called budget cuts love!

http://tvline.com/2012/10/24/franklin-bash-drops-garcelle-beauvais/

#stunned .....LOL!

I can't say she'll be a huge loss to the show tbh. Just glad it's sticking on screen

Franklin & Bash – Season 3 – Premiere: Wednesday, July 24, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)

• Advertisement

Seems a late start, even for a summer show. How many eps?

Good ol' Summer show! Looking forward to having it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Good stuff

Honestly never thought this show would go the distance, three seasons later.....
    First episode of season 3 floating in cyberspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Honestly never thought this show would go the distance, three seasons later.....
    First episode of season 3 floating in cyberspace.

Ahh c'mon its just a bit of fun. Kind of surprised they get rid of Garcelle Beauvais

=JP Liz V1;72308586

Dammit Liz!....how did you beat me in post count? :mad: ...i came here to gloat that was 8 away from 20k, :(

Dammit Liz!....how did you beat me in post count? :mad: ...i came here to gloat that was 8 away from 20k, :(

:D

Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar have great chemistry and the show is fun

I enjoyed that double-episode opener. It's nice to have the guys back. It's light summer programming but so enjoyable all the same.

I have to say though that I felt this time round that Pinder's character had sort of run it's course. He came across as annoying and pointless in this episode. I know his purpose was to act as a catalyst in moving the guys to the beach house but he ended up simply annoying me. Elements of the episode seemed rushed. Moving their new boss in seemed quite strange. I'd have assumed Damian might have had greater reservations about a new named partner in the firm, as well as other partners. I guess they've decided to shake things up and all these changes need time to bed in but I'd have preferred something a little more gradual, though I suspect the writers wanted to hit the ground running.

Although I enjoyed the openers, as a whole it felt a bit flat. Disappointing as I like this summer show. Jesus though, is Reed Diamond ill? It seems he aged 15 years since last season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement