Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 got YLOD

• 19-05-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Is there a point fixing it and then trade it in maybe in shops?
    Does anybody know how much would i get for a 40 gb ps3?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

as far as i know they will only take fully working ps3,s as trade and only if they are the 80gb model because they are less prone to ylod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

My 3yro 60gb is dead 4months now:( it was fixed around 10 months ago for 80euro?? but lasted 1 month the repaired under warranty the broke again so i fixed it with a heat gun, again and again and again, in total about 6 times, it's now fooked, it comes on and the fan goes supersonic and then switches off, it's not the usual graphics chip fault this time round.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cRRn1234

It might be worth fixing alright and you could buy one of those external usb fans they sell in Argos. They provide extra cooling which offers some security that it's not gonna get ylod...kinda nice when you're doing endurance races on GT5!!!:):)

Advertisement