Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Ok lads first of all. If you have a problem with a post report it, it will get myself or pclancy's attention.

Second of all less back seat modding by certain users anymore of this will earn those user's temp bans depending on how serious the incident being.

Remember if you cannot play nice you will not be given nice toys.

Now back on topic please.
    Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I apologise to XWB for my off hand remarks but I just felt the thread was going in one direction as in Uno duce, una voce and frustration prevailed. I apologise and just want the best for those going forward. My frustration stemmed from earlier remarks about graduates upping sticks during their employment at AL which I felt might shy off graduates now applying.

The best of luck to all going forward, XWB sorry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 21grams

Hi, was just wondering did anybody get any feed back from the online assessment or has the next step been announced yet??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

andy_g wrote: »
    ......Remember if you cannot play nice you will not be given nice toys....
    We're getting toys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 richgeezer

I didnt recieve anything about the next stage.
    Any one else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eoghan182

XWB your post's have been great. It's always nice to get an honest insight!!

I'm hoping that a (flight) test applicant ppl student will still be considered aswell...

I note you're off line for the next week so I'm wondering if anybody else closely associated to AL has any info with regards the next stage of the cadetship?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Several current ALT pilots have posted in this thread, their advice on the selection process is worth reading again. People who have completed the online assessment just need to sit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flyer2oo8

Hello,

I am wondering, is anyone here familiar as to what sort of examinations will be assigned at the assessment centre in September?

Kind regards,
    flyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Hi 5

flyer2oo8 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am wondering, is anyone here familiar as to what sort of examinations will be assigned at the assessment centre in September?

Kind regards,
    flyer

Yeah I am.... :cool: :pac: ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flyer2oo8

And would you care to enlighten us? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

if you google it i think you can find some more info. They had the same cadetship a few years back, not exactly sure when to be precise, but those who got invited to the next stage of assesment, had to take another test, with the same people basically, ( recruitment crowd), and then after that selection was made.

Anyways, we all sit tight and wait.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

Hi All,

Just some info for the sake of keeping the thread up, was speaking to some people in the company as well as doing some research again. From what I know most cadets should be going to BFS or LGW as they are were the crew shortages are at their worst - the contracts here are slightly under par in comparison to ROI counterparts. There's also a 5 year bond on the UK contract, meaning that during this period crews can switch between BFS and LGW but can't transfer to DUB ORK or SNN until that time period is up. Should be interesting to see how this all works out from a HR perspective.

Haven't heard anything from Aer Lingus as yet and just got back from Dublin from the final Cityjet company interview. Tough decision coming up I think..

railjon

P.S. To the people asking for what to expect next, no-one knows. Anything from the last run isn't relevant with the advances in techonology etc. and besides if people did know they wouldn't blab on here I'm sure!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Hi there everyone,

Just came across this thread now. Am on my iPhone so did not read the full 37 pages it's showing up, but will do soon.

Forgive me if someone has asked this before, but I applied for this about 2 weeks ago. Now didn't do the online test but filled out my personal details and clicked save and continue at further date as I was heading off to Portugal for 2 weeks. Came back and am trying to get onto that form but says the program is over. I filled out log in details on my personal section, is there any way I can log in on the site to finish it, or if not, where would I have to get in touch with in order to see if I can get in late? I know AL is hard to get in touch with someone so could someone point me in the right direction??

Cheers and thanks

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Ald

You haven't a hope. The application had to be in by the 14th. That meant completed, not started by. I wouldn't waste EI's time. In fact, if I were HR I'd automatically discount you for being naive enough for asking. No offence, but the application process is clear enough. Can't get that right, try working out Lasors...

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Ald wrote: »
    You haven't a hope. The application had to be in by the 14th. That meant completed, not started by. I wouldn't waste EI's time. In fact, if I were HR I'd automatically discount you for being naive enough for asking. No offence, but the application process is clear enough. Can't get that right, try working out Lasors...

Oh, didn't see the 14th written anywhere while filling out the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

I didnt see a specific date, it said it must be completed with 5 days of receiving it - "YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE NO LATER THAN 5 DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF THIS E-MAIL"

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭No.username

I didnt see a specific date, it said it must be completed with 5 days of receiving it - "YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE NO LATER THAN 5 DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF THIS E-MAIL"

Your talking about the online assessments! Niknak is talking about online application, which did state closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

Your talking about the online assessments! Niknak is talking about online application, which did state closing date.

Oopps :(

Looks like Thread has died ~ any 1 got any news/update/gossip???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ABC 123

Anybody hear from Aer Lingus today??

• Advertisement

did u get contact from the Mother-Ship???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ABC 123

Nope, the wait is horrible! I dont know if anybody has recieved anything yet!

Yeah agree, nothing here either!!! But i guess when it starts it will move at Mach Speed haha!!! good luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Hi 5 wrote: »
    Yeah agree, nothing here either!!! But i guess when it starts it will move at Mach Speed haha!!! good luck.....

It will move at Mach 0.82!! I'l just leave now, good luck to everyone that applied

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭GoGoGadget

Stayed up until the wee hours getting through this thread the other night. Very impressed with the amount of info especially from XWB/The Salmon of Knowledge.

That was a low blow from Bearcat who has no right telling him to get off. :mad:

Yep I'm sure things will kick off soon when info on the next stage becomes available. I'm confident how I performed on the aptitude tests but realistically this is where they'll want to whittle down the applications so who knows!!

Does anyone have ideas on what to expect for the next stage? I'm thinking preliminary interview and group exercise.

Best of luck to all that applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

GoGoGadget wrote: »

That was a low blow from Bearcat who has no right telling him to get off. :mad:

Problem addressed earlier in the thread, lets just stay focused on the cadetships and move on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭GoGoGadget

Hi pclancey,

I can't see anything wrong with my post that would warrant an intervention by a moderator. I believe the intervention is overzealous.

I'm aware there was an apology made. I wanted to voice my opinion on the matter as I've been catching up on this thread. I was voicing a fair and supported opinion on a public forum whilst staying well within forum rules.

You'll note the rest of my post was progressive and positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sorry for you found it overzealous but I guess you're new so i'll explain. When another Mod has dealt with a matter earlier in a thread its felt that the matter is over with and the thread should stay on topic and not be dragged away again. We also ask that you don't discuss a Mod decision in a thread, if you want to question something send either of us a PM. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭XWB

GoGoGadget wrote: »
    This is being blown out of proportion, I still retain my original points, PM sent with 100 lines.. "I will not backchat or question the moderator" :eek:

It's ok Gadget...no need to go so far to defend my honour! ;)

So how is everyone getting on? Nerves holding up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Everytime I hear an email come through my phone I hope it's a good news letter from EI - that tells you my situation!

Spoke to a few EI captains but there seems a fairly big split from the pilots and HR as they know little more than I do - and two of them are senior captains...

The old saying "Time will Tell".

Advertisement