Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dubberdo

Padlock69 wrote: »
    Apparently the son of a friend of a friend in work has already heard back and received confirmation of the next stage. Also they are looking for a large amount of money, not as much as BA but comparable. Again, you might take all this with a pinch of salt for now.
    Pinch of salt is right. My guess is that's a case of Chinese Whispers for he filled out application and got the online aptitude test...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Padlock69

dubberdo wrote: »
    Pinch of salt is right. My guess is that's a case of Chinese Whispers for he filled out application and got the online aptitude test...

I was thinking the same, hope so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭XWB

Padlock69 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, hope so anyway.

They never give you long to prepare for interviews so I would guess next week. Would fit in best.

When I was called to interview we got 10 days notice(ie letter was sent 10 days before interview date)..I got mine 6 days before the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

It's not even interview stage yet is it? I thought it was another round of aptitude tests

John_Mc wrote: »
    It's not even interview stage yet is it? I thought it was another round of aptitude tests

Well you know what I mean. Being called to be there in corporial form.

I'd imagine it wont be all shapes and numbers etc. I'd say it may be more your personal/inter-personal apptitude. You may have to talk about yourself and who you are etc. But not at a panel. That will be the 3rd stage I'd imagine. They will want to see how you interact. You may be great at looking at shapes and multitasking etc but when put in a room with another guy you go to peices and just cannot work with him. Once they know that you can add, read and generally work to a set standard it's all about who you are as a person and how you do those things in a practical sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

XWB wrote: »
    Well you know what I mean. Being called to be there in corporial form.

I'd imagine it wont be all shapes and numbers etc. I'd say it may be more your personal/inter-personal apptitude. You may have to talk about yourself and who you are etc. But not at a panel. That will be the 3rd stage I'd imagine. They will want to see how you interact. You may be great at looking at shapes and multitasking etc but when put in a room with another guy you go to peices and just cannot work with him. Once they know that you can add, read and generally work to a set standard it's all about who you are as a person and how you do those things in a practical sense.

Ok, get ya now. I've been coming back to the thread as often as I can, but thought I missed something.

Like everyone else in this thread, just want to thank you for all your information. It's been very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

John_Mc wrote: »
    Ok, get ya now. I've been coming back to the thread as often as I can, but thought I missed something.

Like everyone else in this thread, just want to thank you for all your information. It's been very helpful :)

+1 on that. Thanks XWB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keane machine

completed the assessment about three weeks ago, has anyone heard back since they have completed the online assessment???

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭No.username

Just checked my emails! Through to the next stage, now have to decide what date i want to do the assesment centre. Delighted!!! Anyone else hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 787Dreamliner

Just checked my emails! Through to the next stage, now have to decide what date i want to do the assesment centre. Delighted!!! Anyone else hear anything?

your through to the next stage and you get to pick witch day you want to do the assesment in dublin. your luckly i dont think anybody else has heard anything yet???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Got the word too - now to pick a date! Good luck to every else, I'm sure the emails are coming :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭GoGoGadget

blondie83 wrote: »
    Got the word too - now to pick a date! Good luck to every else, I'm sure the emails are coming :-)

Congratulations! I've yet to hear something.

Can you let us know what they said on the email very generally, like what assessments there will be? Interviews? Group exercises?

GoGoGadget wrote: »
    Congratulations! I've yet to hear something.

Can you let us know what they said on the email very generally, like what assessments there will be? Interviews? Group exercises?

Hopefully you hear something soon. Assesment consists group excercise, individual problem solving and questions and answers session. 4 hours in total.

Cheers man, yeah fingers and toes crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

A poster on pprune has claimed they received the Phase 3 email at 11pm, mispelling phase in the process (:pac:). Not in a position to decide it its a wind-up or not, but getting a reply this late at night might be unusual.

EDIT: Pays to read the thread replies first!

Yeah it's legit, getting texts off mates about it at this hour and the previous threads are from around the same time, they're working late in HR tonight!!

Railjon wrote: »
    A poster on pprune has claimed they received the Phase 3 email at 11pm, mispelling phase in the process (:pac:). Not in a position to decide it its a wind-up or not, but getting a reply this late at night might be unusual.

EDIT: Pays to read the thread replies first!

another poster on pprune has been sent an e-mail, this a very late friday night for HR alright ha:D sorry i mean saturday morning lol

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Just got a response too. Through to the next phase.

Email....
    Further to your recent on-line application and assessments, we are delighted to inform you that you have been successful in progressing to the next stage of the selection process.

This stage involves your participation in an assessment centre. This will take place on dates between September 20th and 19th October in the Radisson Hotel, Dublin Airport.

Please visit the link below and login with the login details you created on your original application. You can then select and confirm your assessment centre day and time slot.

Please ensure that you can attend on the date and at the time you have selected.

You will appreciate that the number of candidates progressing to assessment centre is limited. You must therefore login and confirm your place by Tuesday 13th September at 12 noon or your place may be offered to a replacement candidate. No late registrations can be accepted.

Within a few hours of booking one of the assessment slots you will receive a confirmation email with further details.

For details on the location of the Radisson Hotel, Dublin Airport click the following link:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

'Yes' email received. A little surreal getting an email from HR at 1 something a.m. :)

A big sigh of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

For the assessment centre make sure you dress appropriately. When I did it one guy turned up to the group exercise in casual clothing and everyone else was in a suit or shirt and tie at least. The look on his face when he walked in...he was beat before he started. Oh and don't be a dick to fellow candidates or act like you are the big man before or during the day.

Interestly, when interviewed after the group task we were asked who from the group we would prefer to be with if the hypothetical situation we were given were real. We had to pick two to be with and one who we would not like to be with.

Three from our group were selected in the end and it turned out we each named eachother.

Iirc The interview afterwards was conducted by a HR senior, a pilot and a shrink. I had to discuss my thoughts on the group and my input. They questioned in detail things said and done, reasons why etc. I had been preparing for the moment for about 7 years so it was a piece of piss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 charlie_123

Congratulations to everyone who got e-mailed. Didn't hear anything at all yet so presume that's not good. Anybody else not heard anything??

Congratulations to everyone who got e-mailed. Didn't hear anything at all yet so presume that's not good. Anybody else not heard anything??

haven't heard anything yet too, getting a bit worried now, oh well we see what happens:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flyer2oo8

Received an e-mail last night to state I was successful also. I have 4 days to confirm. Assessment dates are from 20th September to October 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

I got the email saying I am in the next round. Does anyone have any idea of the numbers that would get through to this round ? I presumed it would be ~100 if they were asking for passport photos and birth certs ect.

I got the email saying I am in the next round. Does anyone have any idea of the numbers that would get through to this round ? I presumed it would be ~100 if they were asking for passport photos and birth certs ect.

Thousands I would reckon, considering your competition is not just the residents of Ireland. I'm guessing the reason for your passport is to prove your identity.

For those who are called so far congrats!

For those who are yet to hear good luck!

I would expect everyone to hear either way!

For those who do not get it however and persue a self funded or mudular fATPL consider this. There are 2 sides to every square! The cadets will get what they get in Jerez or wherever...but will be shelled out to belfast or gatwick after.
    If you walk in DE with an fATPL you are your own man. You can dictate terms a little more and I know that the DE applicants have a better chance of Dublin 1st off than cadets ever have. You also wont be saddled with the debts and bonds etc the cadets have.

This cadetship is an attempt to get guys into the bases nobody else will take. Simple as that There is no golden ticket, everything has a catch. While they may get in easier, if you go DE you get "there" easier.

So heads up, chests out. Aer Lingus will be impressed if you walk in within the next 2 years with an fATPL having been turned down this time. It shows persistance to meet your goal and commitment...and hey...in an airline that is lacking majorly in both at the moment that is gold dust!

flyer2oo8 wrote: »
    Thousands I would reckon, considering your competition is not just the residents of Ireland. I'm guessing the reason for your passport is to prove your identity.

An article in the independant said about one thousand people applied. I say 100/200 people are through to stage 3, but that is just a guess. I didnt count, but it looked like there were only 15/16 assesment sessions, and i reckon the number at these will be relatively small so HR selectors can get a good idea of each individual. And as mentioned above the fact that you are asked to bring 2 passport photos with you seems like it will be like an xfactor style chop, where the sit down at the end of it and go through the photos, cant see them doing this if there were thousands through!

Again though, im just speculating, i could be totally wrong.

XWB wrote: »
    For those who are called so far congrats!

...There are 2 sides to every square! The cadets will get what they get in Jerez or wherever...but will be shelled out to belfast or gatwick after...

This cadetship is an attempt to get guys into the bases nobody else will take...

Hi XWB, your posts have been fantastic to date!

I am wondering, what is wrong with Belfast or Gatwick?

You'd still be in your life long dream career as Aer Lingus pilot!! Personally though, I wouldn't give a damn where I was based or how much in debt I was, that fact that I'd be in Aer Lingus I'd be jumping with joy!!

flyer2oo8 wrote: »
    Hi XWB, your posts have been fantastic to date!

I am wondering, what is wrong with Belfast or Gatwick?

You'd still be in your life long dream career as Aer Lingus pilot!! Personally though, I wouldn't give a damn where I was based or how much in debt I was, that fact that I'd be in Aer Lingus I'd be jumping with joy!!

Nothing wrong with them at all.

They are just the company out posts. The Hubs are better for route variation and "craic" as all the Aer Lingus bits and bobs are based around Dublin. Also you can avoid Capts you dont like easier! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

An article in the independant said about one thousand people applied. I say 100/200 people are through to stage 3, but that is just a guess. I didnt count, but it looked like there were only 15/16 assesment sessions, and i reckon the number at these will be relatively small so HR selectors can get a good idea of each individual. And as mentioned above the fact that you are asked to bring 2 passport photos with you seems like it will be like an xfactor style chop, where the sit down at the end of it and go through the photos, cant see them doing this if there were thousands through!

Again though, im just speculating, i could be totally wrong.

Yeah, I'd say 150-ish, based on the 15 available assessment sessions and maybe 10 per group.

@XWB: do you know if all the invitations have been sent out yet or if more will come next week?

Advertisement