Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SRiTURBO

Is anyone any the wiser as to whether all successful candidates have been emailed or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Lads get back on topic this is a serious thread not for trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flyer2oo8

Can anyone provide us with an insight as to what in the past have the group exercises entailed and your experiences of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Hi 5

flyer2oo8 wrote: »
    Can anyone provide us with an insight as to what in the past have the group exercises entailed and your experiences of them?

LIKE SOMEONE WOULD REALLY TELL YOU SO AS TO GET AN ADVANTAGE!!! :rolleyes:

c'mon now, lets be sensible....

(you could always meet a pilot, get in his/her good books by buying 'em a few beers & he/she could advise you!?! ....Oooops YOU DONT BELIEVE IN THAT; SHAME :cool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Hi 5

andy_g wrote: »
    Lads get back on topic this is a serious thread not for trolls.

Surely they must have taught you a better word than 'trolls' in MODERATOR SCHOOL!?! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, all this nonsense is making Pprune look alot more professional!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flyer2oo8

Hi 5 wrote: »
    LIKE SOMEONE WOULD REALLY TELL YOU SO AS TO GET AN ADVANTAGE!!! :rolleyes:

c'mon now, lets be sensible....

(few beers ....Oooops YOU DONT BELIEVE IN THAT; SHAME :cool:)

Em No, I don't believe in getting pissed out of your head when you are in a senior position when you have the responsibility of an aircraft and peoples lives in your hand the next morning.

And as for the above, well where did you see me asking for a private message eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

XWB wrote: »
    Through the grapewine I heard today that all the selections were made my HR people and that Standards and Training will not come into the process until phase 3.

As in they selected through CV's alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭XWB

searescue wrote: »
    As in they selected through CV's alone?

No HR looked at the CV applications and then decided themselves who was good enough. Training dept have no say until the next stage(3)...and they are not happy with that! They are having applicants who were picked by a desk jockey forced on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head

Hi 5 wrote: »
    Surely they must have taught you a better word than 'trolls' in MODERATOR SCHOOL!?! :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, all this nonsense is making Pprune look alot more professional!!!!

Hi 5, i think people would be more thsn happy for you to p**s off to pprune and dont come back. You have only irritated and annoyed people on this thread, i have yet to see a post of yours that was on topic and helpful.

By looking at your other posts in different threads it seems that you have applied for nearly every job going. Are you sure you want to be a pilot?? Or is this just another stab at any job? Did u have any luck with the ESB? or Cityjet? Or the mechanical engineering course? Or the aeronautical course? Well better luck in the Aer lingus application im sure you would be a pleasure to sit in a small cockpit for a couple of hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Hi 5 banned for trolling. Ask the Mods on PPrune what it means, they'd ban you for far less.

Everyone back on topic please, this thread means a lot to many people who are going through the process and there's enough worry in the wait without having to read trash.

• Advertisement

pclancy wrote: »
    Hi 5 banned for trolling. Ask the Mods on PPrune what it means, they'd ban you for far less.

Everyone back on topic please, this thread means a lot to many people who are going through the process and there's enough worry in the wait without having to read trash.

I think emotions connected to those worries may well be fueling short tempers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Well we're all in the same boat right now between the economy and downturn in jobs, i'm totally sick of reading insults and stupid trash being posted when there is no reason. Its obvious there is a lot of people wanting to know as much as they can about this process, its just a minority that seem to want to stir things up all the time.

chewits wrote: »
    That is ****ing stupid on their behalf.

*Their being training dept.

There is a major separation between admin and pilots in Aer Lingus. The rosters is one fault line...recruitment is another...

Aren't HR personel employed to employ people?
    And what could a training captain see from your Leaving Cert results that HR couldn't?

Sounds like a bull **** argument to me.

Because Traininh know what it takes to be a pilot. And they have had trouble of late with the pople HR are sending to them...lotta TR wash outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pamsym

Congrats to all successful applicants.

I wasn't so fortunate and I am gutted. Thought I had a decent application including a PPL with some ATPLs done a nice few hours built up plus other, what I felt was relevant, aviation experience. And to sicken me even more I thought the aptitude tests went ok.

Worst part is with so many applicants there is probably not a chance of getting any individual feedback which would be helpful going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

pamsym wrote: »
    Congrats to all successful applicants.

I wasn't so fortunate and I am gutted. Thought I had a decent application including a PPL with some ATPLs done a nice few hours built up plus other, what I felt was relevant, aviation experience. And to sicken me even more I thought the aptitude tests went ok.

Worst part is with so many applicants there is probably not a chance of getting any individual feedback which would be helpful going forward.

I highly doubt they've sent out all the invitations yet?

I highly doubt they've sent out all the invitations yet?

Well I'm not gonna get my hopes up cos I don't fancy feeling as sickened as I did on saturday morning again when I realised the emails had been sent. Seems to be a wide range of people selected so far....irish, foreign, zero experience, ppl holders, young, older. So I'm not too hopeful.

DE schemes seem to be popping up in various airlines so I won't give up on it yet, although my bank account may do so shortly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tightwad

You hit the nail on the happy_head. oooowww

What a relief, thank you pclancy and its a great thread, I am nearly addicted.

I got the E-mail fri/sat (late/early), I am through to stage three and I have my PPL and NR, 47TT.

XWB - After reading your last informative posts I am bracing my self for a serious cull in stage three if training is in a position to influence. I am not into the idea of a group of training capts, unhappy with HR's choice, over heating the shredder. I would prefer it if they were involved from the word go! It sounds like there could be a lot riding on the next stage as to whether the whole programme continues, we will see. You would think EI would have caught on by now regarding the great HR\___:confused:___/Training divide and sorted it. Any way I have been taking all posts with a good dose of salt but some less than others, so cheers to XWB and other professionals taking the time to contribute to the thread even when you post things we don’t want to hear. ;)

el tel- from your experience of the group assessment could you tell us how many were in your group if possible. Only because when I was choosing my assessment date there were roughly 15+ days to choose from and most of those days had a morning slot and afternoon slot. As said before the groups are likely to be small but frequent so ones character can be easily assessed? Just to get an idea of how many candidates EI are expecting. Also we would appreciate any more info on this coming stage of the process el tel. I under stand if fellow competitors don’t want to give any info away....you don’t need to react.

So everyone, I wish you all the best of luck, this process is all new to me and I see this next stage as a chance to meet potential colleagues and cooperate accordingly.

PS. flyer2008- I agree, I like the odd pint. But everything in moderation I think is the way forward. Until your are off work for a few days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tightwad

Also I was talking to an ex dispatcher who said that any experience he had while dealing with the Aer Lingus crew as a dispatcher was a good one. His words: "They were a nice crew to deal with." Just a positive note.

I too have a suspicion that they have yet to send more invites as well as those to replace the odd one or two who don’t take them up on their offer. So stay positive pamsym.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gat Dayum!

XWB wrote: »
    No HR looked at the CV applications and then decided themselves who was good enough. Training dept have no say until the next stage(3)...and they are not happy with that! They are having applicants who were picked by a desk jockey forced on them.

Hi XWB, by the above am I right in assuming you mean HR looked at the CV applications subject to a cut-mark on the online assesments? Or do you mean the online assessments haven't even been taken into account yet?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aren't HR personel employed to employ people?....
    In theory yes they are, but you would assume in a large company they would take advice form the relevant dept they are recruiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Gat Dayum! wrote: »
    Hi XWB, by the above am I right in assuming you mean HR looked at the CV applications subject to a cut-mark on the online assesments? Or do you mean the online assessments haven't even been taken into account yet?

Thanks

I know there's no such thing as a stupid question... but come on, why would they not use the aptitude test results in combination with application form to choose candidates for the next round?!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gat Dayum!

John_Mc wrote: »
    I know there's no such thing as a stupid question... but come on, why would they not use the aptitude test results in combination with application form to choose candidates for the next round?!

Which would appear to be the reason I'm asking the question....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 C172R

I didnt make it through to stage 3 either pretty disappointed. I have a PPL and 1st time passes in all ATPLs and a college degree in business. Oh well .

I know guys who got through and didnt even make the initial grade with LC results and got a physcometric sent to them at a last minute. Seems like a lottery.

XWB cheers for all the info and the time taken to reply its been great to hear you'r insight. Best of luck to all the candidates,hope it goes well for ye in stage 3.

C172r

C172R wrote: »
    I didnt make it through to stage 3 either pretty disappointed. I have a PPL and 1st time passes in all ATPLs and a college degree in business. Oh well .

I know guys who got through and didnt even make the initial grade with LC results and got a physcometric sent to them at a last minute. Seems like a lottery.

XWB cheers for all the info and the time taken to reply its been great to hear you'r insight. Best of luck to all the candidates,hope it goes well for ye in stage 3.

C172r

I'm in the same boat as yourself C172R, with basically the same qualifications. The only thing I can assume is that I let myself down in the aptitude/psychometric tests and that they had a minimum score that I didn't achieve.

Anyways, if you're that far down the road I assume you will continue and aim for one of the many DE schemes becoming available so good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 C172R

pamsym wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as yourself C172R, with basically the same qualifications. The only thing I can assume is that I let myself down in the aptitude/psychometric tests and that they had a minimum score that I didn't achieve.

Anyways, if you're that far down the road I assume you will continue and aim for one of the many DE schemes becoming available so good luck with that.

Hi pamsym, thought the physcometric went average who knows but if EI are going to gauge an applicant solely on that its quite disappointing. Yes I'm prob only a month away from finishing IR and CPL MEP which I will do the tests in the same week. DE schemes are the goal alright so fingers crossed. Best of luck with your training,our paths may cross yet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dubberdo

Hi pamsym, thought the physcometric went average who knows but if EI are going to gauge an applicant solely on that its quite disappointing. Yes I'm prob only a month away from finishing IR and CPL MEP which I will do the tests in the same week. DE schemes are the goal alright so fingers crossed. Best of luck with your training,our paths may cross yet. :D
    Are we talking about the same scheme because if you're only a matter of a couple of tests away from CPL/IR then you're also only a couple of tests away from applying via DE route. This whole application is for cadets and for integrated training. You'd be clearly unsuitable for that as you have the majority of training done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pablosanchez

Is there any information about the costs involved in the training, and the length of time it will take? I assume you don't get paid while training so It may not be viable for me to go on with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

C172r

It was made very very clear to me by people in Aer Lingus both captains and others that flight experience is defo not essential. They want people with no experience. That's straight from the horses mouth. Not that having experience would be a terrible thing but they said "You need nothing, absolutely nothing".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

Let me clarify that I am not an insider and by no means a sage of aviation but I can't believe people seem to giving up so easily on such an opportunity, regardless of experience. Aer Lingus have proved unpredictable at best and in your situation I would still be hopeful of something happening this week with the first batch deadline coming up tomorrow.

Until you get an email from them, anything is possible!

Advertisement