Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

I just received mine there now too but I was half expecting it at this stage. While Im gutted I didnt get through, it doesn'tt stop the dream, just means finding another avenue in as well as applying to EI again should the opportunity raise its head in the future!

Id also like to thank everyone for the constructive contributions made throughout the last couple of months, Im sure no one can deny that some of it was better and more appropriate than others!!!

Id like to wish everyone who has gotten through the very very best of luck with the remainder of their selection process, the training and their future career.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

PFO recieved:(, it wasnt meant to be

good look to those still involved

your living some of our dreams:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gat Dayum!

Really sorry to hear that guys. When did you get the emails can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭XWB

So that is that.

Got a call from my nephew...he got his email today. He is pretty cut up over it.

Well onwards and upwards gentlemen! You must trek the hard road to glory! Nothing worth winning is won easily!

If you want my few cents, modern cadetships are a blessing and a curse. You need the dosh or out you wash!

Someone reported earlier about flight ops giving a speech...made me chuckle...experiance will teach you gents! You can dream the dream and live the nightmare! ;)

Posting on the public board now may not be fair on those who have already gone...but any questions PM me and I'll get back to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 richgeezer

Dear Richgeezer

Thank you for your application for the Aer Lingus Cadet Training Programme.

We were delighted with the level of interest shown in this position and as a consequence competition for places was particularly keen.

Unfortunately it is with regret that I must inform you that your application has not been successful.
    I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you have taken to complete this part of the selection process.

This selection decision is independent of future requirements.

I would like to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in your future career.

Kind regards

Aer Lingus
    HR Recruitment Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Got my email today too. Oh well, that's that!

Best of luck to those of you still in the hunt for a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 richgeezer

If they didnt want me in 1998 or 1999 they most certainly dont want me when Im an old Cnut at the age of 34:D

I would like to wish the very best of luck to the successful candidates and enjoy the training.

To the chaps and chapess that where unsucessful.....DONT be dissapointed.There are stacks of avenues out there.I know trying to find the cash is tough,but when you can find 200 bux a week this time next year you will have your PPL.
    Then bring friends and family flying with you and get them to pay for the hiring of the aircraft....
    In 2 years from now with alot of study and commitment you will have your hours built and a CPL or Higher.See you all at the TR for FR in 2 years :)

Thanks to everyone for the great posts,well done;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 787Dreamliner

Also got the e-mail today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Also got the e-mail today:(

Can i just confirm from you lads and lasses what stage you guys were at ? did you not get through to the group & individual tests in the airport ?

If so would this indicate that perhaps AL are confident that they will get the 20 cadets from the ~300 we calculate that they are testing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

Goodness me, I've been worrying over the last hour or so thinking that they assessed people on Monday and already cut them loose? What's going on? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

did you not get through to the group & individual tests in the airport ?
    Correct
    If so would this indicate that perhaps AL are confident that they will get the 2 cadets from the ~300 we calculate that they are testing now.
    It certainly looks that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

got my email today too ah well on to second year in college i suppose !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

XWB wrote: »
    So that is that.
    Posting on the public board now may not be fair on those who have already gone...but any questions PM me and I'll get back to all.

agree:)

Bearcat wrote: »
    agree:)

is that an olive branch or sarcasm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I agree with your post. Nothing more nothing less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ochem

So that is that.

Well onwards and upwards gentlemen! You must trek the hard road to glory! Nothing worth winning is won easily!

Someone reported earlier about flight ops giving a speech...made me chuckle...experiance will teach you gents! You can dream the dream and live the nightmare! ;)

There are women here too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

ochem wrote: »
    Not enough of you, I'm afraid.

ochem wrote: »

Well perhaps you should be in the kitchen!:D

I'm a dinosaur I know!;)

I apologise! Ladies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Well dinosaur, though I am. I find myself in the kitchen all too often and the laundry and the nursery. It's the pilot's life to be around midweek. My wife is actually jealous of me because I get to deliver and collect the brats from school.

But there are benefits, drop the kiddie to school and go home and go back to bed. Ah luxury!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kunny

is that an olive branch or sarcasm?
    Well perhaps you should be in the kitchen!:D

I'm a dinosaur I know!;)

I apologise! Ladies too!

Jeepers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Just out of interest, to my fellow rejectees, do any of you have flying experience already, and if so, did you say you did on the application?

I trying to figure out if that was an issue in being rejected, or am I just crap at aptitude tests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Lustrum wrote: »
    Just out of interest, to my fellow rejectees, do any of you have flying experience already, and if so, did you say you did on the application?

I trying to figure out if that was an issue in being rejected, or am I just crap at aptitude tests

I had 15 hours for PPL, .5 of them being Solo and I was rejected.

That said, I did a poor application and not very good in the aptitude tests so they probably more than cancelled out my flying experience...

i have 100hrs flight time and i am only 20 so i thought that would have went in my favour ah well can always try again

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭GoGoGadget

I can't see any clear cut relationship with flight experience and rejection emails, mate has well over 200hrs and he got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roar83

i had a ppl. I mashed up the aptitude test, so really i did not expect anything back.

GoGoGadget wrote: »
    I can't see any clear cut relationship with flight experience and rejection emails, mate has well over 200hrs and he got through.

I agree with you there although I think it might have a bearing later into the selection process maybe around sim check time they will be expecting alot from somebody with 200 + hours. I think at this stage it all went on the aptitude tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

GoGoGadget wrote: »

Why are people so hung up about flight hours ? Its a cadetship. If you dont do well on the online tests it wont cancel out with flight hours. Flight hours dont seem to be an issue at all they want the right person not the person who already has hours.

And yes captains in aer lingus said this to me.

Why are people so hung up about flight hours ? Its a cadetship. If you dont do well on the online tests it wont cancel out with flight hours. Flight hours dont seem to be an issue at all they want the right person not the person who already has hours.

And yes captains in aer lingus said this to me.

My reply was in response to Lustrum;

I would say people want to understand why they failed which is fair enough, nothing about being hung up on flight hours like you say.

We've all seen that cocky attitude earlier where lots of hours seemed to equal right of passage, I think Lustrum was trying to figure out if flight hours were a bad thing.

And yes of course they want the right person for the job, don't know many airlines that want the wrong person for the job.. don't need a cap'n to tell you that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roar83

i actually did reply to the flying experience post, however i do totally agree, i don’t think flying hours comes it to in one bit, it was not a requirement, so it is irrelevant.

i have applied to a scheme in our neighboring country and i would say the selection process so far has been different, there is definitely more emphasis placed on the application you sent in, i would say with a high degree of certainty that they were all read and screened before anyone moved to round 2, of course this can filter out allot of people who may make great candidates but haven’t spent a year working in airbus or something of the sorts.
    Everyone company their own system, you just got to keep on plugging away

• Advertisement

Roar83 wrote: »
    i actually did reply to the flying experience post, however i do totally agree, i don’t think flying hours comes it to in one bit, it was not a requirement, so it is irrelevant.

Yeah true enough I don't think hours came into it at this stage and it was probably just aptitude tests.

Although I wouldn't say flying experience was irrelevant, they had a section for flying hours in the application, not required but it was in the application form so I presume it will be a consideration perhaps further down the line.

Just like say having a degree wasn't a requirement but there was space to enter it on the application so it might also be a consideration at some point.

Advertisement