Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Also be prepared to wait for another 2 months before you get your results and the cert:(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Xpro wrote: »
    Also be prepared to wait for another 2 months before you get your results and the cert:(

Really? I waited 1 week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ryan J

Contrails wrote: »
    Xpro wrote: »

Really? I waited 1 week

The best option is to go direct to CAA medical centre at Gatwick if it is your initial class 1. They will conduct the examination and providing there is nothing of concern they will issue the certificate there and then. I did it this way about eighteen months ago expecting to wait as a friend had to have hospital results considered and he did have to wait. It costs around £350.00 for the initial class 1, but best check for latest prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Aero Kid

Just got my Stage 4 interview invite. Who else has heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Contrails wrote: »
    Really? I waited 1 week

You were lucky id say. We were told in Mater it would take atleast 3 weeks, but it just got dragged out in the end. I rang the IAA a few times,with no joy, usuall story ( big backlogs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

The consolation is that on the renewal, you get your cert on the spot. I've been in an out in less than an hour. I'm due next week. My so called career could be over by next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Aero Kid wrote: »

In aswell, delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 antonov225

yep me too :)

now, about that financial approval...

antonov225 wrote: »
    yep me too :)

now, about that financial approval...

Yeah, I read that in the email. I also need a 'Police Letter' as I live outside of Ireland. Need to see how I go about that. Will get the colour blindness test booked soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ECHO INDIA

Aero Kid wrote: »
    I'm in! Counted about 30 slots, right?... So, just 30 through?

• Advertisement

ECHO INDIA wrote: »
    I'm in! Counted about 30 slots, right?... So, just 30 through?

highly unlikely... why would they reduce to such a small number at this stage? 30 slots means just that, it does not reflect the number of simultaneous interviews going on during each slot.

I also wonder if any rejections were sent out. Though if I were involved in EI I wouldn't send any rejections until the current lot are interviewed. Reckon if they don't get as many up to the standard they're after then more will be called from the group assessment stage.

I bet EI are as interested as I am to see how many show up to the interview stage now that evidence of financial approval/police checks/colour blindness result needs to be brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head

well done lads, can i ask what time the emails were sent at? was it during business hours? reason im asking is that a friend of mine didnt hear anything back yet and he is hoping for an email to come through any minute :)

happy_head wrote: »
    well done lads, can i ask what time the emails were sent at? was it during business hours? reason im asking is that a friend of mine didnt hear anything back yet and he is hoping for an email to come through any minute :)

around eight this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

I have woken up to the news that I don't have an email. Although I am saddened not to have got through to the individual interview stage, I am not surprised as the standard of candidates I met at the group interview was very high. For those needing to raise 50K I would advise you to make up a business plan and go and speak to your bank about a career developement loan who knows you might be pleasantly surprised, don't be put off by the nay sayers. I wish all the candidates that are through to the next stage (and those that aren't) the best of luck in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 richgeezer

Many congrats to the troops that got to the next stage.And for the troops that didnt....read my previous posts.we will all get there in the end:)
    To the Next stage guys.....give it your heart and I wish you all the very best of luck.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

I'm through as well. Now for the finance! That's gonna be tough, probably counts me out :( Out of interest, of the people who have gotten through, who has the finance ready to go? I have a feeling that Aer Lingus has made up its mind and anyone who is through and has the finance now is pretty much good to go. They probably just want to interview to make sure they're not a freak and obviously pass the medical. I can't imagine a lot of people having access to that kind of money with a few weeks to come up with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Kiwster
    Antonoc225
    Contrails
    Aero Kid
    ECHO INDIA

So 5 Boardsie's in, seems like a decent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

Tenger wrote: »
    Kiwster
    Antonoc225
    Contrails
    Aero Kid
    ECHO INDIA

So 5 Boardsie's in, seems like a decent result.

Make that 6!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

Unfortunately I'm getting increasingly worried that I haven't received an(y) email yet - did all of you get yours around 8 last night - at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

Make it 7! I got the email at 8:20pm last night. Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Railjon wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm getting increasingly worried that I haven't received an(y) email yet - did all of you get yours around 8 last night - at the same time?

I got mine around 20:10 last night. Don't give up yet Railjon. I met a mate a few days ago who told me he got a thanks but no thanks mail a while back so until you get that, count yourself still in.

Yeh mine was at 20.10 as well. I would love to know how many are through in total..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tightwad

Railjon wrote: »

I am with you on that Railjon! That horrible sinking feeling....

Only (aprox) seven people on boards have declared success to stage 4....That seems VERY little.

I cant help but think that Aer Lingus are expecting people to drop out due to lack of finance, failure at the next two interviews and even a couple for medical reasons?

Its early days but I am guessing they will give 4-5 days for the successful candidates to secure a date for the interview (rather like the assessment dates). With the presumption that those who cant realise the finance etc wont secure a date. Then proceed to invite the next group up to fill the spaces. However as said before they will have a standard to meet or exceed and would probably settle for less than 20, so long as thay meet the standard. Having said that, I am quite sure there will be 20 who do.

This is me keeping my hopes up...

Well done to those who are successful.

PS. at what stage did you successful candidates do the assessment?

Best regards to all TW

Tightwad wrote:
    Its early days but I am guessing they will give 4-5 days for the successful candidates to secure a date for the interview (rather like the assessment dates). With the presumption that those who cant realise the finance etc wont secure a date. Then proceed to invite the next group up to fill the spaces. However as said before they will have a standard to meet or exceed and would probably settle for less than 20, so long as thay meet the standard. Having said that, I am quite sure there will be 20 who do.

This is me keeping my hopes up...

Well done to those who are successful.

PS. at what stage did you successful candidates do the assessment?

Best regards to all TW

I did mine right the beginning.. Don't remember the exact date to be honest.

And you're right, we have til Wednesday to get back to them with a date between the 9 and 29th of November. Same system as the assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tightwad

[QUOTE=
    And you're right, we have until Wednesday to get back to them with a date between the 9 and 29th of November. Same system as the assessments.[/QUOTE]

Ah right... do you know how many days were available between those two dates? Every working day? They could get through a massive amount of interviews in that space of time?

TW

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

I'm thinking that there are around 56 people through to the last stage? There are 28interview slots available and we are told that the total time it will take on the day is 2.5hrs. We will have to retake the app tests also. The interview will be a minimum of 1hr leaving another hour for the app tests with the 30mins for change over etc. I reckon it will be 2 people per slot, 1 will be interviewed while the other does the assessment and then they will change. To interview more than 58 people for 20 positions would not be done IMO as it would take too much time. If they don't find what they are looking for at that stage they will no doubt send more emails out inviting others.

Tightwad wrote:
    Ah right... do you know how many days were available between those two dates? Every working day? They could get through a massive amount of interviews in that space of time?

TW

From what I remember there were about 3 or 4 interview slots a day, 2 days a week for the period. You can do the math! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hi all...I got through too, now to the Finance side of things. Hoping that info email we get next week finally clarifies exactly what they want from us. Surely we'll have to get a black and white figure.

I got my email at 2010 last night.

Something confused me about the financial side of things. At the group stage, during the Q & A session, it was asked if AL would provide some sort of letter that we can provide to the bank when seeking the required funds. They said they would, but only to the 20 selected cadets. That's understandable. Now, the fact that they are providing that letter tells me that they are well aware that we will need that document to have any good chance of securing the funds but like I said, this will only be provided to the 20 cadets so how do they expect us to get a 'yes' from the banks at this stage when we don't have such a document?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭No.username

Looks like everyone recieved the mail round the same time last nite, not looking good for anyone that didnt get it, me included :( ah well gave it a shot, what else can ya do!! Best of luck to the guys goin on to the next stage, im not jealous at all ...... Fookers :)

Advertisement