Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

With the group interviews it was a few hundred people doing them so not too easy identify someone really if at all but at this stage we're down to at most 50-60 people I believe. Would expect that if people get through to the next stage that they won't even confirm that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

diego_b wrote: »
    With the group interviews it was a few hundred people doing them so not too easy identify someone really if at all but at this stage we're down to at most 50-60 people I believe. Would expect that if people get through to the next stage that they won't even confirm that here.

See I can't help but be sceptical that so few are through. I mean it's good news for those that are if that is the case, but looking back there were around 28 slots... I think silverfield you may have mentioned earlier that you thought it was 2 per slot? Meh.. Who knows really except those that have been! The mysteriously quite ones..

You'll just have to wait till next week to find out more information when the interviews have ended, when people are more comfortable that they are less likely to be identified. I'd imagine most people would be happy to share their experiences without going into too much detail in regards specific questions they were asked.
    I wouldn't see any real issue with disclosing information revealed during the interview by Aer Lingus about the course, be it more information about training locations, how long you are bonded to Aer Lingus to after completing the course, what salary grade you'll start on and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

Yeah, I had thought 2 per slot but sure who really knows? They could have four teams of two interviewers going at any one time and that would mean 112+ people being interviewed??? I guess we'll know soon enough!

Really doubt there's that many being interviewed, I would expect around 60 people or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Hi Lads just a quick question,

Doing a project based on a pilot as a career and I can't seem to find the AL Cadetship entry requirements they've seemed to close the Cadetship section on the AL website anyone got 'em?

Thanks.

Hi there, sorry I don't have them myself. Hopefully someone else here can help you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭No.username

David086 wrote: »
    Hi Lads just a quick question,

Doing a project based on a pilot as a career and I can't seem to find the AL Cadetship entry requirements they've seemed to close the Cadetship section on the AL website anyone got 'em?

Thanks.

Might be an idea to go back on this thread to around the time the cadetship was announced, if i remember correctly i think someone copied and pasted the requirements. Also try the same on pprune. Happy searching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Might be an idea to go back on this thread to around the time the cadetship was announced, if i remember correctly i think someone copied and pasted the requirements. Also try the same on pprune. Happy searching :)

Got it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Aero Kid

Does anyone know if this Wednesday, the 23rd, is the last day of interviews? I remember the email saying the last day was the 29th but I could only book a day upto and including the 23rd.

Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Aero Kid wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this Wednesday, the 23rd, is the last day of interviews? I remember the email saying the last day was the 29th but I could only book a day upto and including the 23rd.

Anyone know?

I was never sure if those last 2 dates wern't there on purpose or perhaps they were already taken maybe? I noticed a few times and dates were missing (taken) when i booked and i booked in the morning after the email. Did anyone here book there interview the same night they got the email? They'll be able to say if the dates were there or not. Heres hoping its over this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

I checked the night of the email and the dates went up to 28 November.

guerito wrote: »
    I checked the night of the email and the dates went up to 28 November.

Well there you go folks. They wern't there because they were snapped up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Aero Kid

I booked it the same evening I got invited but it was 2 hours later, must have just got snapped up quickly then. Cheers.

Yeah, I booked the evening the mail came out and I was pretty sure the dates went up to the 28th as per what Aer Lingus had outlined in the previous mail.
    I had been corrected earlier in the thread by someone saying only up to the 23rd, so thought I was mistaken and that the dates were within that period as opposed to the full period that they originally mentioned.

Guess the moratorium has been extended so!

I thought they ran until the 23rd but I guess I was too late logging on when I received the email and those slots were gone Probably means we won't find out until Friday week or so who the lucky 20 are??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

I thought they ran until the 23rd but I guess I was too late logging on when I received the email and those slots were gone Probably means we won't find out until Friday week or so who the lucky 20 are??

I thought there was another interview? Might there not be more than 20? :confused:

I'm pretty sure this is the end of the line - just have to wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

At the group sessions someone said there was a psychology interview after the interviews currently taking place. Does anyone know or care to speculate what this would entail? Also will more than 20 go through to the next phase? I guess only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head

One more interview, the company medical and then a class 1 medical... Then the offer of the cadetship.

There are also a lot more people still in the running than some people on here are guessing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

kiwster wrote: »
    At the group sessions someone said there was a psychology interview after the interviews currently taking place. Does anyone know or care to speculate what this would entail? Also will more than 20 go through to the next phase? I guess only time will tell

As far as I remember the psychological interview went along the lines of: how was you childhood? Was it happy? What about your family? Do you get erections at inappropriate times?* What do you think about suicide? Would you consider suicide? You said x..y..z during the group assessment...explain? I think I was also asked how a 3-pin plug was wired.

happy_head wrote: »

One more interview, the company medical and then a class 1 medical... Then the offer of the cadetship.

There are also a lot more people still in the running than some people on here are guessing. ;)

This is along the lines of what i was expecting. Although why would a company medical be done? Surely the class 1 is the more thorough medical making the other one redundant?

Im intrigued as to what the last interview/stage will involve. Whether im still hanging in there or not. The waiting is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 antonov225

el tel wrote: »
    As far as I remember the psychological interview went along the lines of: how was you childhood? Was it happy? What about your family? Do you get erections at inappropriate times?* What do you think about suicide? Would you consider suicide? You said x..y..z during the group assessment...explain? I think I was also asked how a 3-pin plug was wired.

Surely asking about family/childhood or feelings on suicide has to be pushing the questioning in to the realm of illegal? Or are psychologists allowed to go beyond the normal interview constraints confidentially in order to provide an accurate assessment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

they can ask you anything....ehhh minus the erection stuff......when do the job offers expect to be issued?

antonov225 wrote: »
    Surely asking about family/childhood or feelings on suicide has to be pushing the questioning in to the realm of illegal? Or are psychologists allowed to go beyond the normal interview constraints confidentially in order to provide an accurate assessment?

Who do you want flying your $50M aircraft with all those passengers (potential $3M liability per pax) on board? Seems pretty relevant to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 antonov225

guerito wrote: »
    Who do you want flying your $50M aircraft with all those passengers (potential $3M liability per pax) on board? Seems pretty relevant to me.

Well, yes of course it's obvious why these questions are relevant. I'm just curious as to how far the psychologist is allowed to go, as legally you may not ask questions beyond a certain personal boundary in an interview. If I get to that stage it will be very interesting to see the questioning techniques used to get around the legal no-no's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I'm finding this do you go around with a stalk business hilarious. I think maybe they want to see ones reaction asin embarrassment etc....what do they say to the ladies pray tell?

Eh sorry lads, the * placed at the end of the erection question should have been accompanied with an * at the bottom explaining that this question was not actually asked :o

Everything else was. It wasn't a long interview, just be open and answer the questions without appearing surprised. Suicide questions are pertinent. In work and life people can be very drepressed, you never really know what the guy next to you is feeling inside. I answered a long the lines of that I would be sympathetic of someone considering it but of course wouldn't consider it myself.

el tel wrote: »
    Eh sorry lads, the * placed at the end of the erection question should have been accompanied with an * at the bottom explaining that this question was not actually asked :o

You mean we don't get to spend half an hour discussing our junk? :(

Interesting point on the legalities of how far they can go though. What are the legal limits? I'd have thought there would be some kind of "reasonable in all the circumstances" exception based on what the job is.

• Advertisement

Apart from this thread I have never heard anyone question or discuss the legalities of a psychological interview. Though when there's something to be idly speculated, no doubt this thread will find it.

Put it this way, it isn't a very pressing or overly probing interview. You don't lie on the couch with the shrink breaking you down via some reversion process, with the goal of reducing yoy to tears as you admit to having had screwed up childhood with tendancies towards extreme life-risking behaviour and now a penchant for bestiality.

Plus, there will be someone from HR in the room so don't be tempted to offer the shrink a chopper massage in turn for a clean bill of mental health. Or maybe that's the other way round? :confused::)

Advertisement