Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Jesus Nut

Just Dandy wrote: »
    The waiting is killing me... If I get offered a place and I'm dead what good is that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

No word yet, anyone hear anything one way or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 antonov225

No, nothing yet. At least there's distractions at the minute what with Christmas shopping to do and a very busy time at work... Sure would be nice to hear back soon and stop jumping every time my phone rings or sounds the email tone. I wonder if the last interview/medicals will be held before Christmas? It'll be cutting things tight to still be in the selection stages in the new year with training to commence in February. I had originally imagined contracts signed by the end of the year.

EDIT: well we can't do anything but wait... in the meantime news from the media seems to have dried up regarding Aer Lingus, Ryanair's EGM requisitioning, prospective buyers for gov's shares etc... I don't know if we still have any 'inside' readers on this thread (barring AL recruitment team!) but it would be interesting to hear if anyone has heard the latest on these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Bloody promotional emails...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Just Dandy

Contrails wrote: »
    Bloody promotional emails...

I wish there was a 'like' button on boards....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I wish there was a 'like' button on boards....

Many posters use the 'Thanks' feature as a 'Like'. It is thumbs up after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tirty_3

Looks as if they are holding out until the last minute! Hopefully some news comes through tomorrow - expecting Friday now...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ECHO INDIA

98 views of this thread in the past 2 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 antonov225

ECHO INDIA wrote: »
    98 views of this thread in the past 2 hours...

yep we're all here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

Think I will call them tomorrow and ask? Nothing to lose at this stage - the crazy thing is that if whoever is not picked for the next stage the chances are you won't get an email until the new year telling you so. Can we wait that long for closure?!

• Advertisement

Think I will call them tomorrow and ask? Nothing to lose at this stage - the crazy thing is that if whoever is not picked for the next stage the chances are you won't get an email until the new year telling you so. Can we wait that long for closure?!

Let us know what you manage to find out Silverfield!

Any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

Any info?

Tried twice today calling the number that has come with previous AL emails and it has everytime just rang out. Not sure there is anything more I can do now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Aero Kid

Ohwell, at least you tried. Only time will tell now I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnny Foxtrot

Jaysus, it must be tomorrow!!!
    Reminds me of that joke;

How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

I'll tell you tomorrow.............:P

Best of luck to everyone.

So, to get back on discussion, the next stage is likely to be a further interview, psychological testing and a medical then? Has anyone done an aeromedical exam before? What's involved? I think regardless of what happens I'm going to start building up my hours now anyway.

It's funny how a dream *maybe* :eek: becoming real helps you realise what you really want to do in life!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

So, to get back on discussion, the next stage is likely to be a further interview, psychological testing and a medical then? Has anyone done an aeromedical exam before? What's involved? I think regardless of what happens I'm going to start building up my hours now anyway.

It's funny how a dream *maybe* :eek: becoming real helps you realise what you really want to do in life!

I posted about the medical earlier in the thread. I did my class 1 last year in the Mater private.

http://www.materprivate.ie/services-specialities/aeromedical/

Thanks for that! Few questions, not sure if you'll know the answer contrails but you're better positioned than I am to guess! Do you get a copy of all the results? I'd be very interested to see my stats! Also, in terms of cholesterol, can you remember what the satisfactory cut off point is? And why the Chest x-ray? What about height and weight? And what is the urine analysis for?

Distracting myself from the suspense!!!!

Contrails wrote: »
    I posted about the medical earlier in the thread. I did my class 1 last year in the Mater private.

http://www.materprivate.ie/services-specialities/aeromedical/

I though you could only do the Class 1 through the Aeromedical Section of the IAA. Or is that the what IAA want us to believe??

Just saw the link. Disregard previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

The PFO's have arrived....eventually

"Dear Brian

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online assessments and participating in the Cadet Pilot Training Programme Assessment Centre with Aer Lingus.

As we only have a limited number of places available on our Cadet Pilot Training Programme, competition was extremely high.

Having carefully considered your performance in the online assessments and at the assessment centre it is with regret that we must inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

This selection decision is independent of future requirements and we would welcome subsequent applications from you, should you meet the criteria at that time.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in the future.

Yours sincerely
    Aer Lingus HR Recruitment Team"

• Advertisement

The PFO's have arrived....eventually

"Dear Brian

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online assessments and participating in the Cadet Pilot Training Programme Assessment Centre with Aer Lingus.

As we only have a limited number of places available on our Cadet Pilot Training Programme, competition was extremely high.

Having carefully considered your performance in the online assessments and at the assessment centre it is with regret that we must inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

This selection decision is independent of future requirements and we would welcome subsequent applications from you, should you meet the criteria at that time.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in the future.

Yours sincerely
    Aer Lingus HR Recruitment Team"

Sorry to hear that Brain.

Did you make it to the interview stage? Or is the Assessment Centre just the group stages?

Best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tightwad

Unsucessful too.

I am pleased I got an invite to Dublin at least (group assessment). It was a real eye opener and I feel I have gained wisdom from the whole experience. Until next time.

TW

PS... all the best to both successful and unsucessful candidates in your future endevours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Had refrained from posting in this thread since applying but unfortunately am no longer a potential cadet,

I am positive about the whole thing, its been a learning experience both here and during the stages I proceeded to, and I feel valuable experience has been gained on my part.

I am particularly positive about this part of the email:

Here's to next year then,

And the very best of luck to those still in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hard luck guys to those that got those notes from Aer Lingus today, it's a nicely worded mail as things like that go so if I were you I'd certainly give it a go again when it comes up again.
    Still waiting on word myself one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭yaeger

Don't worry guys as there are plenty of current AL pilots who have had a PFO letter at one stage or another from various airlines including AL.
    Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going at it.
    Well done for getting thus far as the experience will stand to you.

Hard luck to those not going forward. Any idea how many people are still in the running? I get the feeling from the relative silence that there are still a fair few... Am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Aero Kid wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Brain.

Did you make it to the interview stage? Or is the Assessment Centre just the group stages?

Best of luck for the future.

Group stage.

On a side note I remember being told that we would be contacted either way by the start of November so having this drag it out for a month wasn't exactly nice.

Anyway good luck to those still in the running

Anyone heard anything yet?

What are they doing??

Has anyone recieved an email or phone call from EI since going for the interview stage in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Not a sausage. And it's gone 8 o'clock!

Advertisement