Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Spuditszoo

Tirty_3 wrote: »
    Where did you go for your interview with the panel? What did the day consist of? Were there any tests? If so how many and what were they?

What was the interview like?

Cheers, mate

The interview was in AL HQ

there was two people. One from HR and 1 pilot

had to resit 3 of the test we did online there was two other people there at the same time as me

the interview was ok started with the hr questions and then the tech questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tirty_3

Spuditszoo wrote: »
    The interview was in AL HQ

there was two people. One from HR and 1 pilot

had to resit 3 of the test we did online there was two other people there at the same time as me

the interview was ok started with the hr questions and then the tech questions

Okay, I am convinced. Well done.

I'm also totally bemused.:confused:

For your own good, I'd also remove the attachment that you uploaded.

Best of luck. :eek:

For your own good, I'd also remove the attachment that you uploaded.

Best of luck. :eek:

I wouldnt be to down harted they are prob still callin people

Contrails wrote: »
    The radison was only used because they didnt want large volumes of people clogging up the HOB. There's no need for it now.

I call BS with a capital B.

Your gone very quite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Your gone very quite

I'd say disappointment, no? Nobody likes missing out. Congrats btw.

guerito wrote: »
    I'd say disappointment, no? Nobody likes missing out. Congrats btw.

Cheers

I just dont like to be called a liar

Cheers

I just dont like to be called a liar

Ah you can understand it. Your story didn't check out at first and we're all seriously wound up about this. I was hoping you were ****ting us as well, cos I've heard nothing.

Ah you can understand it. Your story didn't check out at first and we're all seriously wound up about this. I was hoping you were ****ting us as well, cos I've heard nothing.

Its odd tho does that mean that everyone else that got a call just isnt on this

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

is this enough

Do you beleive me now

Fair play. I guess we're all holding hopes now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

Oh XWB Where art thou...

Railjon wrote: »
    Oh XWB Where art thou...

HaHaHa

Its odd tho does that mean that everyone else that got a call just isnt on this

That must be it

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

The radison was only used because they didnt want large volumes of people clogging up the HOB. There's no need for it now.

I call BS with a capital B.

Your gone very quite

Im at a concert not my laptop ;) and yes, pretty shocked. But life goes on.

Edit: Apologies and good luck.

Im at a concert not my laptop ;) and yes, pretty shocked. But life goes on.

Edit: Apologies and good luck.

I appreciate that. What concert are you at?

Anybody else think this is all incredibly bizarre?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

Yes. But its Aer Lingus so like people have said many times, who knows what the **** is going on. I am erring on the skeptical side here though.

Not bizarre really, at least not in the context of how things have been up to now. I was expecting to hear good news or no news at all, same as its been at each stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Charlie Sierra

Not bizarre really, at least not in the context of how things have been up to now. I was expecting to hear good news or no news at all, same as its been at each stage.

Yeah I was expecting the same thing, was just hoping that it would be good news!
    Disappointed doesn't begin to describe..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

i felt that they made it fairly clear at the HOB interview stage that they would be in contact either way so who knows

• Advertisement

toushea wrote: »
    i felt that they made it fairly clear at the HOB interview stage that they would be in contact either way so who knows

As did I. Fingers crossed. If invites were delivered on Thursday for a Monday/Tuesday slot then don't rule out more invites on Monday.

Best of luck all.

toushea wrote: »

As did I. Fingers crossed. If invites were delivered on Thursday for a Monday/Tuesday slot then don't rule out more invites on Monday.

Best of luck all.

True.

When i did the medical they only had people in for aeromeds on tuesdays and thursdays. And only a hand full can do it at a time. They'll be a while banging through 20 people. Still very confused mind you, would have expected interview in December and meds in Jan.

Any one else see on Pprune some lad asked 'did anyone else get "the email"?.... Surely he should have asked did anyone else get the phone call? That being the more important element according to spuds. Phone call first, then follow up email. And what of the finance? Any more mention of it?

Perhaps my words are that of a man in desperation. But in my mind things arent adding up yet. But as someone said, it's Aer Lingus. Who knows!?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tightwad

XWB will be quietly eating his words in a corner somewhere...

Tightwad wrote: »
    XWB will be quietly eating his words in a corner somewhere...

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

[QUOTE=Contrails;7592424

Any one else see on Pprune some lad asked 'did anyone else get "the email"?.... Surely he should have asked did anyone else get the phone call? That being the more important element according to spuds. Phone call first, then follow up email.

Read the PpRune thread again. The impression I'm getting from it is that the guy is asking about the rejection e-mails, it would appear he has not heard about the phone calls at that time, therefore he has not have asked about them
    As for the comment "is this a stress test by EI", well if it is I'm afraid none of you have scored very well in the last 24hrs.

roundymac wrote: »

Read the PpRune thread again. The impression I'm getting from it is that the guy is asking about the rejection e-mails, it would appear he has not heard about the phone calls at that time, therefore he has not have asked about them
    As for the comment "is this a stress test by EI", well if it is I'm afraid none of you have scored very well in the last 24hrs.

You're either not in the process or don't want it as much as the rest of us.

The guy who posted on PPRuNe claims, via PM, to be in the exact same position as our friend on here, perhaps they are the same person ;)

That's ok. 'Contrails' wasn't written on my application ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I suspect this thread will go very quiet now, at least as far as those who have got through to the next round. If I was involved and invited to the next round. I wouldn't post it here. The numbers are much fewer at this point and people would probably be identifiable by anyone from Aer Lingus reading this. All they have to do is to click your username and they have access too all your previous posts. Not all of mine would paint me in a good light.

Besides, Spuditszoo's reception wouldn't encourage anyone to contribute. If I got through my next post would to tell everyone I had been accepted or indeed rejected.

For those of you not yet rejected, there is still hope, there is time for the heartbreak of someone failing the medical plus theres always one or other who takes a look at the terms and conditions, says no and walks away. There is undoubtedly a panel and they're working through it. Some may never know how close they came!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

No I'm not in the process, did'nt know about the PM, but I stand over what I said about the reaction to stress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Charlie Sierra

roundymac wrote: »
    No I'm not in the process, did'nt know about the PM, but I stand over what I said about the reaction to stress.

I know some people on here think aerlingus are following this thread, but I highly doubt they'll be reading this and basing any of their choices on it.

And I would be VERY surprised if those people claiming to work for aerlingus posting here have any say in the choice either..plus very few of the people posting would be recognisable from their screen name.

So peoples reactions are safe here, and we all just want support/info from the others in the same situation..a completely natural human response!

Advertisement