Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnny Foxtrot

I agree CS. Don't think AL would be wasting their time motnitoring this and I don't think we're stressed either. We're just very eager!!
    We'll all hear in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I know some people on here think aerlingus are following this thread, but I highly doubt they'll be reading this and basing any of their choices on it.
    Maybe but if you were in the last few, are you going to take the chance? I wouldn't, would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dear John there in my email two nights ago. No surprise, still gutted obviously.

A little unfair perhaps that they said end of October and left it till mid December - I'm clued in enough that I was damn sure I was out; but some may have been on tenterhooks all that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Just out if interest , have any of the people who got the rejection email this week make it to the individual interview in HOB ? , or was it sent only to people who made it to group interview stage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Charlie Sierra

xflyer wrote: »
    Maybe but if you were in the last few, are you going to take the chance? I wouldn't, would you?

Hard to say.
    As someone waiting to hear back after the interview in a way it's nice to know that people have been contacted and moved on to the next stage, I don't have to spend the next month on edge hoping for a call/email!
    Having said that, if I was one of the lucky ones to get a call, posting on here probably wouldn't be a priority!
    Still, I wont give up all hope till I get an official rejection from aerlingus, although based on the past it could be weeks before we get that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

Seen as how people are now getting rejection letters, would anyone care to describe how their interviews went? What questions you were asked, personal and/or technical?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

toushea wrote: »
    Just out if interest , have any of the people who got the rejection email this week make it to the individual interview in HOB ? , or was it sent only to people who made it to group interview stage ?
    nag wrote: »
    Seen as how people are now getting rejection letters, would anyone care to describe how their interviews went? What questions you were asked, personal and/or technical?

I got the rejection letter having only got to the group stage.

Seems they waited until the interviews were done, and then some, before sending out the PFO's.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

Nobody to date has gotten a rejection letter from AL that sat the panel interview stage - it will take them at least a month I'd say until we get them going from previous comms. It is odd though that from all the folks here on the board only one person got an invite to next stage and he just posted that info and never commented previously Who knows maybe the phone might ring tomorrow?.... Maybe they can't let you know too far in advance about your medical therefore giving you little time to purge illegal items that may be in your system? They obviously won't be testing everyone on the Tuesday so there is still hope yet I think for that phone to ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Charlie Sierra

I'm completely speculating here, but I'd imagine they've called the top 20 from the panel interview to go for psychological testing and the medical, and haven't sent out any rejections in case any of those 20 do not pass the test/medical, in which case they'll invite the next best person/s to take it until they have their top 20 that have passed their medical, they'll then offer those people a place on the cadetship and until they have 20 people that have signed their contract and paid the 25k THEN they'll send out rejection e-mails.

So it'll definitely be a while but there will always be that chance, as someone said before, that someone fails the medical/can't get the 25k/doesn't like the contract and one of us will get a call!

It is kinda surprising only one boardsie got the call, however, there were around 100 people at the panel interview and I'd say only around 20 people posting here that got through to that stage, with maybe another 30 reading but not posting so that still leaves 50 people that got through that don't post/read here so it's very possible that that's why only one person has posted about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

. Maybe they can't let you know too far in advance about your medical therefore giving you little time to purge illegal items that may be in your system?

Doubtful, minute traces of illegal items could be traced in your system up to six months in most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tirty_3

Maybe they can't let you know too far in advance about your medical therefore giving you little time to purge illegal items that may be in your system?

What?! They are the 'green' airline after all :pac:
    You make valid points though Silverfield good post.

Also,
    When i did the medical they only had people in for aeromeds on tuesdays and thursdays. And only a hand full can do it at a time. They'll be a while banging through 20 people.

So, to perform 20 medicals alone they will need at least a period of 2 weeks? (up to Christmas)

Unfortunately this thread seems to have nose-dived a bit...

Still waiting to hear back from EI, despite myself and several others calling them throughout last week several times and being assured that I would hear back soon.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

Tirty_3 wrote: »

Still waiting to hear back from EI, despite myself and several others calling them throughout last week several times and being assured that I would hear back soon.

Nope.
    Do you not think that them not getting back to you despite your calls might be a good thing though? Could be my inner optimist, but maybe people such as yourself are in a holding pool and they don't want to say no yet in case someone else drops out. I doubt they'd tell you if that was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Defender 14

Anyone heard back since psychologist Assessments & medicals both last week and this week?
    PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bond Villain

Anyone heard back since psychologist Assessments & medicals both last week and this week?
    PM me

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Tirty_3 wrote: »

Hey, did you actually call them? I emailed but didn't get a response so I didn't see the point in calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Aero Kid

I called them. They said to me they were still processing applications. Those were the exact words. We would not hear anything until the first two weeks of January. Certainly nothing before Christmas.

I said that I have been doing some reading up online and heard that people have had a call inviting them to in interview/medical and if she could shed any light on that. The reply was "yes, some people have been called but we are still processing applications....".

I didn't want to push things to far but knowing the successful people so far have been called, I asked if the future correspondence would be via email or phone call and she said "in the past it has been emails, but looking at your application we have a phone number and email address."

That's what I was told on the phone in a nutshell, hope this might help some others in the same position as myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Aero Kid wrote: »
    I called them. They said to me they were still processing applications. Those were the exact words. We would not hear anything until the first two weeks of January. Certainly nothing before Christmas.

I said that I have been doing some reading up online and heard that people have had a call inviting them to in interview/medical and if she could shed any light on that. The reply was "yes, some people have been called but we are still processing applications....".

I didn't want to push things to far but knowing the successful people so far have been called, I asked if the future correspondence would be via email or phone call and she said "in the past it has been emails, but looking at your application we have a phone number and email address."

That's what I was told on the phone in a nutshell, hope this might help some others in the same position as myself. :)

Cheers Aero Kid, although it's not entirely positive, it's not exactly negative either. Fingers crossed, the wait continues...

Until the 20 sign their contracts AL will never tell you yes or no - that's why I never bothered to contact them since the panel interview. Also looks like guys are already getting offers post medical. We'll get our PFO's I would say in the 2nd week of Jan!

Also looks like guys are already getting offers post medical.

What makes you say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

I'm jealaous beyond belief of the guys gone forward. Very disheartened also. Looks like il be going on alone, ATPL's and hour building here i come...

Maybe Brookfield/ Ryanair will have me :P

Also looks like guys are already getting offers post medical.

What makes you say that?

Because Villain PM'd you - just presumed?

Contrails wrote: »
    I'm jealaous beyond belief of the guys gone forward. Very disheartened also. Looks like il be going on alone, ATPL's and hour building here i come...

How many hrs do you have? What license do you currently hold? Where do you fly from? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just wondering.
    Best of luck for the future

To save two separate conversations breaking out here, perhaps Bond and Defender14 could be polite enough to inform the rest of us as to what the process was like last week?

Did EI release any more information about progression or was it just simply ' another stage'

Cheers

By all indications, just another stage. That's all that can be taken from their info.

Cheers, did you ask any questions yourself about going forward?

Would be good to hear how many others were on the day with you, or indeed if they gave any indication as to number that went forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

How many hrs do you have? What license do you currently hold? Where do you fly from? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just wondering.

No problem, ask away. Only ~53 hours at the moment, have a PPL but still have my training wheels on as far as im concerned. Hardly done any flying at all since january! However when i get back into things in the new year and start solo again it will be out off Weston.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bond Villain

Because Villain PM'd you - just presumed?

Comedy, 2 + 2 = 95 with you!! :P

No problem, ask away. Only ~53 hours at the moment, have a PPL but still have my training wheels on as far as im concerned. Hardly done any flying at all since january! However when i get back into things in the new year and start solo again it will be out off Weston.

Good stuff - might see you around there so as that would be my base too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

So was there anyone off here successful then?

Advertisement