Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Cadet programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 A330

el tel wrote: »
    So was there anyone off here successful then?

Hey Guys,

I've been following this thread from a distance for a long long time now but have never posted anything on it, Its has been an extremely interesting thread to stay the least. Have been quite an amount of information which was helpful or at least put my mind at ease when was waiting for them emails.

I have been lucky enough to of been one of the few called to the final stage. Does anyone here know what is next after this, I remember them saying they wanted to start training in feb so its leaving it all pretty tight regarding handing in notice to my current employer etc, Is this just it then, the last 20 have been picked and gone/going thru the pyschological tests and interview, if anyone fails these they will pull from the panel.

Is Fte the school for definite because i was researching them and they only allow 14 into a class so is the group going to be split? say 10 and 10 two classes or diff schools.

For those of you who havent gotten thru, they said at our group interview that they will run this for 5 years if things keep going the way they are.

best to look to all
    A330

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Aero Kid

At my interview I asked about the FTO. From the research I did, I thought it was FTE. I went on their new website just before my interview and seen they had added AL as a new partner airline. I saw that maximum classes were 14. That got me thinking what the course numbers would be. I'm sure FTE would put 20 together if it lead to another partner airline signing up. I asked this at the interview and there will be 2 classes starting at the end of Feb and March both with 10 cadets.

Still waiting for the call! :( I just keeping thinking there is an outside hope until the unwelcome email arrives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 A330

Aero Kid wrote: »
    At my interview I asked about the FTO. From the research I did, I thought it was FTE. I went on their new website just before my interview and seen they had added AL as a new partner airline. I saw that maximum classes were 14. That got me thinking what the course numbers would be. I'm sure FTE would put 20 together if it lead to another partner airline signing up. I asked this at the interview and there will be 2 classes starting at the end of Feb and March both with 10 cadets.

Still waiting for the call! :( I just keeping thinking there is an outside hope until the unwelcome email arrives!

Thanks a mill for that, so u they said that all students will go to FTE, cause they did say they were looking at a school in florida also,
    prob wud be difficult to send students to diff schools regarding mentoring but wud be good for trial running each school for next year.

U never know u still cud get a call, they may not have gotten all 20 thru medical and contracts are far from been signed. not trying to keep u lingering on false hope but who knows, until u get the PFO nothing is over. Best of luck to u.

Regards A330

At the interview the lady told me it's either Florida or Spain, a final decision hadn't been made at the time.

But rumour on here was that it was FTE. So I went onto what is now their old website and checked if AL was mentioned on their partner airlines page but nothing was there. It turned out that the next day, FTE launched a new website and so I checked it out and AL was now mentioned....read what you want to with regards to that but she said to me at my interview, the final decision hadn't been made.

Cheers for that mate. If i'm not successful this time round, I'll simply apply for it next year and this time having gone through the process one already, will be in a stronger position this time.

Congratulations on getting this far, so close to being one of the lucky 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bond Villain

Happy New Year all!!

Rather then random guessing, all we know is that:

1: Some people have been selected for medicals/psychological interview (number unknown)
    2: FTE have Aer Lingus listed as a "Partner Airline"

The rest is unknown, I'm sure the waiting for any information is equally hard for all of us. No one has been offered a position, I'm sure the "20" could change to less depending on projection of air travel. Aer Lingus will contact the lucky ones and release information when they are ready.

The less Hope building/smashing and general guessing the better, for all.

BV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I regret the biggest spoofer in history contributed to this thread before being found out in such a humiliating fashion.

If you google bumsteer.com you'll be appraised.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bladeruner

A330 wrote: »
    Bearcat wrote: »
    I regret the biggest spoofer in history contributed to this thread before being found out in such a humiliating fashion.

Can I ask who, because i have been following threads and there has been quite a few spoofers on this thread but who was humiliated, I must of missed something

One presumes it's a user with a 3 letter handle starting with X and ending with B.
    Several real pilots stopped contributing to this thread as his cult following grew...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hi all, I completed the individual interview (stage after group assessment) and haven't heard anything back as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Wow, missed that! I assume the relevant posts have been deleted?

If it is who I think it was, I'm ultimately not surprised...there was one particular word he never spelled correctly! Though the signs were there when he had a little 'disagreement' with a very senior person in the industry who posted a number of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 821 ✭✭✭eatmyshorts

I missed it too!...any chance of a quick de-brief?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

I kind of figured he was a spoofer after sending him a couple of pm's asking him did he know a couple of names of senior pilots in AL I had completely made up..he replied positively to these fictional pilots I pretended I knew.. I then sent him a name of a senior pilot I did know who retired recently who was extremely decorated in the company and his reply was something along the lines of 'yes I think I remember seeing that name when I first started out etc' .. there is no way in hell he could have been in AL that long and not known this guy..it's not that big of a company with thousands of pilots.. also the whole thing of renewing ALL of his type ratings on a constant basis and being able to jump back into a 742 cargo after a week of 'getting used to it' just sounded like complete BS..as if that would really happen and they'd hire a pilot who has been flying an a330 for the past 10/15 years?!.. I pm'd a mod with all of this I thought at the time anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 02572

who was it? spill the beans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Defender 14

Did anyone fail their medical at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Hope these pfo's come in soon. Once they do then i can actually get a plan B going. Sick of being stuck in limbo at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Railjon

The way things went for us poor sods who didn't get to the interview the lucky 20 will have passed their line check before you guys hear :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EI2012

Hi Folks,
    Been following the thread, seems alot of us are in the dark with regards the outcome from the panel interview stage, does anyone know for certain whether +20 invitations have been sent out for the final stage or whether any rejections at all from this stage have been sent out.
    Cheers

All I know from the call I made to AL was that 'people have been called to attend the next phase (medical/interview) but applications were still being processed' and we won't hear anything back until the first 2 weeks of January.

Read into the above as you wish. My guess is that the lady couldn't say I wasn't successful as I'm guessing the 20 have been picked but the 20 hadn't signed any type of contract yet and anyone failing to sign it could result in cadet number 21 being called which could me.....who knows.

It's a great shame that all the people who have been talking on this prior to the group assessment and prior to the interview have not heard anything back. :(

All the best to the 20 selected though, you deserve it.

But the call could come at any point - as long as the PFO hasn't arrived, there is a chance. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

I can confirm i know of one person for 100% certainty (and its not me as not interested in flying) that has now been offered a place as one of the 20. He said details we still sketchy at this stage!!! The training is to start in March and was advised to give notice now. The training, for his group anyway, he has been told will take place in Jerez. Im delighted for him, a good mate of mine. He was always wanting to go flying so thankfully his route to it is in place.
    Done a bit of reading here and best of luck to anyone else who has or will hear good news also. For anyone else who has so close, dont give up hope...from reading and listening, this cadetship will run again so chin up - its not the end of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 funhouse18

Why havn't FTE announced aer lingus as a training partner officially, since on their fb page they seem to mention absolutely anything at any chance, for example, Flybe and BA?
    Why is it you're the only person who seems to have heard of somebody getting this given that there has been a lot of interest in this and flying in Ireland is a small community?
    And for somebody that has no interest in flying you seem to have an incredible interest in the terms and conditions of first officers being recruited for aer lingus..from previous posts by you.. you mention bond conditions?
    All I'm saying is readers beware....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

funhouse18 wrote: »
    And for somebody that has no interest in flying you seem to have an incredible interest in the terms and conditions of first officers being recruited for aer lingus..from previous posts by you.. you mention bond conditions?
    All I'm saying is readers beware....
    A bit too cautious perhaps. CelticMech isn't claiming to have insider knowledge. He is saying that his mate who has wanted this for a long time has so far been successful. No promises being made and no false hopes being raised.

(And as for having no interest, I keep reading this thread even though I have no interest in the position and therefore didn't apply....does that make me a troll too)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Ah it's all nearly wrapped up now lads from what i hear. I know a man on the inside and ive already been told (by him) better luck next year! The 20 have been picked and seem to be good to go.

Good experience all in all and i will indeed be back next year... And the next year and the next year and...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

I can confirm i know of one person for 100% certainty (and its not me as not interested in flying) that has now been offered a place as one of the 20. He said details we still sketchy at this stage!!! The training is to start in March and was advised to give notice now. The training, for his group anyway, he has been told will take place in Jerez. Im delighted for him, a good mate of mine. He was always wanting to go flying so thankfully his route to it is in place.
    Done a bit of reading here and best of luck to anyone else who has or will hear good news also. For anyone else who has so close, dont give up hope...from reading and listening, this cadetship will run again so chin up - its not the end of the road.

Can I ask how old your mate is? Or if anyone else knows anyone who's through can you give an idea on the ages of the candidates. I thought from the start that being 30 might go against me. I did read however that a few who were successful in the BA scheme were early 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Snow Leopard

kiwster wrote: »
    I thought from the start that being 30 might go against me. I did read however that a few who were successful in the BA scheme were early 30s.

I've heard that someone very close to that age has made it through so I wouldn't worry too much about age. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

kiwster wrote: »
    Can I ask how old your mate is? Or if anyone else knows anyone who's through can you give an idea on the ages of the candidates. I thought from the start that being 30 might go against me. I did read however that a few who were successful in the BA scheme were early 30s.

He is turning 28 soon enough so the "good" side of 30 in relation to this. They may also be pushing the training to start in Feb for the first group of 10 and the other 10 a few weeks later in March.....still a bit up in the air at the moment - pardon the pun!

Job offers gone out to some pending medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Those who weren't successful shouldn't be too disheartened. In the past plenty of people were selected at the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Just make sure you work on any deficiencies, get some more life and maybe aviation experience and a better CV under your belt and come back next time even more determined. And as I've explained elsewhere in the thread, not getting selected can also be a very good thing too.

El tel , I echo all your sentiments but telling budding candidates it maybe not such a bad thing not getting the call is hard for some. Its heart wrenching for some and if anything going throught the interview process will stand firm to alot of people using that horrible cliche going forward. I have seen over the years many that didn't get the call on round one but got in on round 2 or 3 . I don't have the sp when the next intake will happen but if they have taken this route you can more or less guesstimate that this is their chosen path now re recruitment.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

To repeat the sentiments of BearCat and El Tel,

if you go back next year with more life experience and the recruitment team can see that the disappointment didn't put you off and you are still determined to get this then you will be better prepared than you were this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Bond Villain

Spuditszoo, can you drop me a mail as I can't email you!

Thanks BV

Advertisement