Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper alternative to Bodyglide?

• 19-05-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Just spent €13 on a stick of it, i know it's cheaper (€10) on wiggle but i needed it today. even a tenner is too much for what's in it, does anyone use anything else that works well and will not damage the wetsuit seal? i know the whole vaseline petroleum based thing meaning it can damage the wetsuit seal, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

KY Jelly...........

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭gottarun

Unless you're eating the stuff a stick should last ages. I have heard of some people who use washing up liquid as a lube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

KY Jelly or baby oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

+1 on the ky jelly.
    Got some weird looks when I got a load of tubes late one night in mallow 24hr tesco, self scan wouldn't accept the bar-code.
    A cheaper alternative, and one that raises even more eyebrows is vet-lube, same as KY Jelly just in 1 litre bottles, comes in a fancy blue colour too? I got some weird looks last year taking out a large bottle of lube in the company of men wriggling into wetsuits.
    Having said that, it's amazing how many people forget lube on the day so plenty in a litre to go around, think it was about 5 or 6 euro. Also, luckily the local vet supply person is a keen swimmer, knew exactly what I wanted it for.....;););)

Bertie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

b.harte wrote: »
    A cheaper alternative, and one that raises even more eyebrows is vet-lube, same as KY Jelly just in 1 litre bottles, comes in a fancy blue colour too?

Well if it's good enough for a cows arse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

If your wetsuit is the right model/type/fit for you, i don't think you need to use bodyglide or the like. Have you tried without anything?

Advertisement