Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of Lag in Brink!

• 19-05-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced this? I picked it up yesterday and although I really enjoy it (love the concept and free running), there seems to be way too much lag for my liking! So much so that I'm thinking of bringing it back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 halpin325

during Single player or multiplayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Multiplayer - haven't played single at all. I got it for the online aspect. It's an absolutely brilliant game but the lag can be a killer at times. I've experienced lag on games before but nothing like this. If there was no lag I wouldn't be able to say a bad word about the game. There's a lot more thinking involved than just point and shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's an unplayable mess online because of the lag and developers Splash Damage don't seem to be doing much about it, other than forcing you to play with bots.

I don't think I've come across any bots, at least I don't think I have. Could be wrong though. What name would a bot have over his head?

Hopefully they sort out the lag as it's a superb game. I never really played online until Brink. I hated dying every 2 seconds in COD and like the way this games built.

Come to think of it, when I was playing, people on my team requested to be friends so at least not all of them are bots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

omg somebody likes this game?! i got abused for liking it in main games forum... :rolleyes:

it takes awile to realise you not playing with people, as bots got normal human names. developer tryed to make them as real people, so you would not feel the difference, unfortunatly it does not work as nice as it says on the paper.

i played alot of it now. lag is a hit and miss in my case. if i get laggy game i just disconect and look for anather one.

i highly suggest playing free play, online, versus, competitive ( or competition). in that case you dont get any bots at all, only people play. it makes a game quite superior, huge difference!

there will be lag lads, its peer 2 peer ****y service, feck all you can do about it. same as good old cod, if you get a server fella in USA, then you get bum fecked all game... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

there will be lag lads, its peer 2 peer ****y service, feck all you can do about it. same as good old cod, if you get a server fella in USA, then you get bum fecked all game... :(
    Eh, sorry, but I have never experienced such horrific lag as I have had in Brink :pac: I also have quite a crappy connection, but that never stopped me from kicking ass in any multiplayer game. I can't even walk in 99% of the games in Brink, and that's only with one or two other people in the game, on a European host. My friend has a 20MB connection, and he couldn't walk in any games, either.

P2P is not the problem here. It's absolutely dreadful netcode.

I've been playing the 'Challenges' mode. Is this full of bots instead of people? Pretty annoying if it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Healium wrote: »
    Eh, sorry, but I have never experienced such horrific lag as I have had in Brink :pac: I also have quite a crappy connection, but that never stopped me from kicking ass in any multiplayer game. I can't even walk in 99% of the games in Brink, and that's only with one or two other people in the game, on a European host. My friend has a 20MB connection, and he couldn't walk in any games, either.

P2P is not the problem here. It's a
    bsolutely dreadful netcode.

I had a good few awefull games yesterday. Took me 3/4 times of reconnecting until I got in to game with 5 people in bouth sides with zero lagg. After that I just stocked with that gang.

Lag problem is a big one, but such games like cod have millions of player so in peer 2 peer scenario you can have host very very close to you, wheres brink is not so popular and host can be on the ather side of Europe or in states. Crysis 2 is awefull for lag for me, even worse now when player number went down.

Not efficient coding + peer 2 peer makes it bad.

When you get in to good server, then it's all about fun. Like I said, I suggest playing competition mode as it's only people vs people.

I am playing it all week, surprisingly it newer came out of my xbox too. I did not even fired up bc2, which newer happened before. I am honestly enjoying it.

In one of the maps our team needed to steel package and bring it to the plain yesterday. I chanced to do a discuise! Oh that was so funny! I walked in between 5 enemy players, ram around a bit then grabed package and legged it! It took them awile to understand wtf happened lol. Swarm of bullets at me while I try to jiump over **** and slide to cover. Was class!

@ShadowHearth:

I had a class moment like that too. We were on a wire mesh walkway above the ground trying to protect intel. I knelt down with my gun pointing towards the stairs and as swarms of players rushed the stairs, I kept mowing everyone down when they got to the top. All my teammates were constantly throwing me ammo and health. Think I killed about 20 or so before they finally got me. It was hilarious. I've never had so much fun playing online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I am playing it all week, surprisingly it newer came out of my xbox too. I did not even fired up bc2, which newer happened before. I am honestly enjoying it.

In one of the maps our team needed to steel package and bring it to the plain yesterday. I chanced to do a discuise! Oh that was so funny! I walked in between 5 enemy players, ram around a bit then grabed package and legged it! It took them awile to understand wtf happened lol. Swarm of bullets at me while I try to jiump over **** and slide to cover. Was class!

Did you deliberately misspell all that ?! Even misspelled "never" twice :eek:

Advertisement