Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Printers Recomendation

Options
  • 19-05-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to print a B5 200 page publication in the Autumn. However, most printers I find on the internet only seem to do flyers, business stationary and brochures.

Can anyone recomend a printing company that print books? A few printing companies have gotten back to me but some have refused to give me a quote as they say my print run is too small for them to give a competitive quote. For that reason I'd rather they print on digital presses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Try this place.http://www.westsidepress.com/ I work there:D, id say theyll give you a quote for it no problem we do digital and litho work. Better quality work for litho than digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

How big a print run are you looking to do? I've used Walsh Colour Print in Kerry to print a 100 page A5 graphic novel and they were rec'd by a friend who'd had his 200 page book printed by them but you'd be looking at runs of 1000 or more for it to be worth printing with them. or any litho printer really.

Any digital printer would be able to print what you need, the issue would be the binding as at 200 pages you'd want perfect bind and having tired a number of different printers over the years I've found binding is really hit and miss. I use Inky Little Fingers for all my books currently. Their work is fantastic and at a good cost as they offer free shipping but only within the UK. There are several online POD's that focus on books like Lulu, comixpress, Kablam, PrintX, etc Lulu is focused on text heavy books while the others are focused on comic books but will print most types of books.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Subpopulus wrote: »
    I'm looking to print a B5 200 page publication in the Autumn. However, most printers I find on the internet only seem to do flyers, business stationary and brochures.

Can anyone recomend a printing company that print books? A few printing companies have gotten back to me but some have refused to give me a quote as they say my print run is too small for them to give a competitive quote. For that reason I'd rather they print on digital presses.

What is the content, text/photos? What quantity?

Advertisement