Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Take II - Sub 4, maybe more!!

Options
  • 19-05-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

As part of my training for DCM in October i've decided to start a log and keep to it this time.

I'm a 29 y/o male approx 13 stone. I ran DCM last year in 4:26:30 and plan to go Sub 4 this year. As part of this training I hope to run Dingle half and maybe Dublin half as part of the race series.

Still trying to decide whether to follow HH Intermediate plan or P&D 18 week < 55 plan.

I'm planning to get a good base over the next few weeks before starting the programme on 13th June.

I'm doing hill running every wednesday night which should be of benefit.

So far this week:

Monday 16th: 6 mile slow run

Tuesday 17th: 3 miles

Wednesday 18th: Rest

Thursday 19th: 3 miles easy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I'm doing hill running every wednesday night which should be of benefit.

Wednesday 18th: Rest

:D:D:D

Best of luck with this. Very sensible approach you're taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

:D:D:D

Best of luck with this. Very sensible approach you're taking.

:D:D:D Starting next week :D:D:D

Another short run again today to try and get the fitness back. I haven't run in 4 weeks prior to this week due to college exams.

3 miles @ 9.43 m/mile

Nothing to write home about, I see that there is finally a place in Limerick doing Gait Analysis so might go there over the weekend. In need of a new pair of runners.

Weekend was a no no - way too muich drinking and no running done.

Monday 23rd - 3 miles

Tuesday 24th - 3.6 miles.

Starting a new job tomorrow - chose to go a different career path from IT to Aeronautical Engineering - a bit nervous, if it was an IT job i'd be fine but since its my first aviation job im bricking it.

Plan tomorrow is to do an interval session. Probably my first planned ever.

Thinking of warm up - 400 hard, 200 easy x6 - warm down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Best of luck man! same goal for marathon so il be stealing any good training you come up with!

Advertisement