Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caller ID not working on Blackberry Pearl 9105

Options
  • 19-05-2011 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have a lovely new phone but its really bugging me now. My country code is set at Ireland (+353) and all my numbers are saved to the sim card. The names are being displayed in the call log only.Google searches tell me to : Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings and set Include Address Book to No, problem is there is no general settings option within the security options.

Someone please tell me what to do. I hate not knowing who is calling:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Don't know anything about Blackberries but a lot of smartphones will not use contact data that is stored in the SIMM, you may need to copy the contacts from the SIMM to the Blackberry memory.

I wouldn't go looking for technical support via Google search, download the manual for your device from the Blackberry website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

In the contact list, press the Menu key.
    Click SIM Phone Book.
    Press the Menu key.
    Click Copy All To Contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Thanks for that but it hasn't made any difference. This is so fecking frustrating.

Have you just joined a network?

No am with vodafone a long time, I did change from payg to bill pay though.

• Advertisement

Ok that could be it. But first try pulling the battery out of your device for 30 seconds. then pop it back in. Let us know if that works or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP if you are just after moving from prepay to billpay then its probably a setting on Vodafone settings that wasn't ticked at time of processing the application. if you ring Vodafone they will change it on their systems or if you want I can do it for you in the morning :)

Hi

I took the phone back to the vodafone shop today and they told me it was a default setting and sorted it out for me there and then. Thanks for the help folks.

Advertisement