Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPV Demo

Options
  • 19-05-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Would anyone here using FPV be willing to do a demo of it for me?
    I'm looking into using the tech for some work (fire service) research, but have never seen it working in practice and would like to get an idea of the capability of the current consumer level equipment.
    I'd be happy to travel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

Hi, I am starting a FPV project now but it will take a month or so before I have it up and running. If you want I can show you it in action. If you look up the Gaui 330x with FPV & Camera mount, its a quadcopter, quite a stable platform.

What are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Thanks for that.
    Essentially I'd like to see if FPV might prove a useful tool for reconnaissance at forest fires.
    This is something being tried out in a few places around the world over the last few years and from what I can see, the level of development lately is making it something that might work here too.

http://www.mwpower.co.uk/uav/emergency-services-uav.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c2JO8Rp6Vo

Looks like a good project. I will be in touch in a few weeks and be able to run a few trials (all going well). Cheers

Civdef,
    We have the 1st stage of the build complete and will begin video transmission trials and flight tests this weekend. I will keep you posted of these as they happen. You can view the unit (in one piece) on You Tube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-eBGgZmm00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Any chance of listing the hardware you are going to use?

I can see a quadcopter, camera and antannae, but no clues as to the actual hardware involved!

• Advertisement

Slim19198.
    The main body is a Gaui330X with scorpion brushless motors, this has a Fatuba 7c seven channel RX (but we are only using 6). The Fatuba is 2.4Ghz and the camera and transmitter is a swap-out module with a hacked 5.6Ghz transmitter and a crappy CCTV camera for FPV ( we have a 720p bullet camera on order). I will post a video of the base station today or tomorrow. Thanks for the interest. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

decp wrote: »
    Slim19198.
    The main body is a Gaui330X with scorpion brushless motors, this has a Fatuba 7c seven channel RX (but we are only using 6). The Fatuba is 2.4Ghz and the camera and transmitter is a swap-out module with a hacked 5.6Ghz transmitter and a crappy CCTV camera for FPV ( we have a 720p bullet camera on order). I will post a video of the base station today or tomorrow. Thanks for the interest. Cheers

Here is the ground station we use now and again. Built it from ply and used eagle tree ground station controller to control it. The patch directional antenna gives much better reception over longer ranges.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbEm3-2lCIs

Robbie,
    I can see you have worked this station out in style. I looked at the video and see you use eagle eye, what frequency do you tx video ?

Also I checked out your other videos and they are fantastic. On one- you controlled FPV at 3km away from base....how ??? is it UHF ? booster ?

Any chance you could give me the shopping list to make this setup :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I'd also be interested to know how straightforward the multirotor is to fly, and what sorts of altitudes it could reach.

Civdef
    Not a problem. I can let you try it out when we have ironed out the bugs with the base station.

Also we will be building a computer controlled version ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement